Author Topic: Mad Catz Super Mouse  (Read 28794 times)

Offline gr1m

Mad Catz Super Mouse
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 01 August 2010, 17:28:21 »
That sniper button does look cool but my most typical solution to the sniping sensitivity issue is to deal with using one sens for all weapons. If you play FPSes at a competitive level you're going to be using a very low sens anyway (on a huge cloth mousepad for maximum precision) so people should learn how to use assault rifles and whatnot with a low sens (it'll help you get better).

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Mad Catz Super Mouse
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 01 August 2010, 17:38:49 »
Yeah, one of the criticisms I've seen of it is that it's quite heavy from the outset, and you really don't need to add in the additional weights at all.

Offline d4rkst4r

Mad Catz Super Mouse
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 02 August 2010, 01:42:14 »
I'll see if I can pick up a decent scale this week and compare the weight to some other mice. I didn't even notice the weightiness being cumbersome. The Razer is much lighter. That said, the higher sensitivity adjustment allows for moving the mouse cursor all the way across a dual screen setup without having to pick up the mouse.
Italian Red FKB104M/EB · Deck Legend Ice (tactile) · AEKII

Offline Lanx

Mad Catz Super Mouse
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 02 August 2010, 07:21:05 »
death adder is 107 g and the rat w/o any weights is 154

Offline hyperlinked

Mad Catz Super Mouse
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 14 August 2010, 17:17:16 »
Fry's Electronics out here in California has these and I got my hands on one today while I was there to pick up other stuff. I didn't have a surface to use one so I couldn't really gauge how heavy it actually was, but it didn't feel all that heavy to me. I'm sure it IS heavy as everyone's commenting, but it just wasn't so heavy that when I took it out I was thinking "damn this is one fat rodent!"

Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to work all the adjustments. This thing would definitely take some getting used to. It's a strange tactile experience because when you're holding it, you're holding rubberized surface in one area, touching plastic buttons with your thumb, and brushing against metal in another spot. The most distinctive quality of it in the couple of minutes I was messing with it was how crisp the buttons were. These did not feel like any normal mouse buttons that I've tried.

I'd love to try one of these in action, but just from messing around at the store I'd say I'm on the fence about it. It is just an all around odd tactile experience to say nothing about how it might perform.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray