Author Topic: best wireless mouse that is SLEEK and PERFORMANT  (Read 17317 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
best wireless mouse that is SLEEK and PERFORMANT
« on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:49:49 »
Y'all.. I'm ordering the X1 carbon 2017 (gen 5) or the T470 soon.

I need a sleek and sexy looking mouse with it.

Go wireless? Or do they actually truthfully all still suck?

Anyho, in the last years I only have experience with Avior 7000, Castor, and the old Logaytech G400s which I hated.

What options do I have that goes well with the design aesthetic of the thinkpad black shell AND performs well?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: best wireless mouse that is SLEEK and PERFORMANT
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 04:04:54 »
good wireless mice: Logitech G900 and G403 (and perhaps G602), Roccat Leadr, Logitech MX series (if you don't need low latency and consistent sensing)… can't think of anything else.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:46:06 »
No, wireless does not suck.
This is spread by people using cheap low end wireless, which are garbage. If you get something higher end by Logitech or Microsoft you more than likely will not have any issues.

*Note I exclusively use wireless (I tend to break cords), and have used and own more than half of the mice I recommended here.

Best wireless mouse, hands down - Logitech G900
Similar weight to a wired mouse, no acceleration, days long battery life (rare for a gaming desktop mouse)... However, I wouldn't use a G900 for travel unless you get a dedicated bag or case for it (before placing inside your laptop bag) as the way the buttons overhang, they could get damaged if they snag on something. Like the G700, it actually stores it's settings onboard, so if you use other operating systems or switch between multiple systems, your settings will carry over. You could set up a profile for Windows and another for Mac so all buttons work how you want, and then be able to switch the sensor settings as well without ever needing to install the Logitech software.  I did a review of this in the Review section of the forum, not cheap, but fantastic.

Best portable wireless mouse - Logitech Anywhere 2
A portable that feels as comfortable as a fullsize mouse, months long battery charge. Odd scroll wheel release though. I did a review of this in the Review section of the forum, again, not cheap or good for gaming, but a fantastic portable mouse.

Other good alternatives (though only the G series iss meant for games):
Fullsize - Logitech G700s, (FUGLY!), but a great mouse and a smoking deal for what you can find them for these days, G403, G502, G604. Or the Mx performance.
Portable - Microsoft Arc (not good for gaming), any small, cheap Logitech wireless.
Despite being cheap, the cheap Logitech mice  work quite well, just don't expect to use it for a full days work or gaming, but for $15, if it gets destroyed, you won't be too upset.

Not recommended:
Pretty much anything wireless that is not MS or Logitech. This is especially true for cheap, non-bluetooth wireless, seriously, don't even bother.
Even good, high end wireless have connectivity problems, I'm not sure what MS and Logitech do, but if you look up reports on various mice, you will find fewer problem per capita by Logitech and MS, by a LONG shot. As for lower end, most cheaper brands start glitching out after a few months, sometimes less. So while you pay more for Logitech or MS, they last a lot longer.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:48:56 »
I'll throw my vote in for the G900.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 16:59:43 »
I'm afraid that the built-in battery will die on the G900. Put I like the idea of a "mobile PWM3366".

How is the G900 better than the G403 wireless? Coz the G403 also comes with PWM3366.

I don't care that the G900 is expensive (122 euro's here vs, for instance Mionix Castor is 69 euro's here), but I wonder about it's durability.

Oh.. and some report the ability to wiggle the mouse buttons on the G900. Is that true?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:01:45 »

Damn Ray, never figured you for the G900 type....you use a Razer keyboard too?? lol

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:02:59 »
I hear this one is pretty gud

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:07:32 »

Show Image

That picture summarizes all that is wrong with Apple these days.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:09:07 »
No, wireless does not suck.
This is spread by people using cheap low end wireless, which are garbage. If you get something higher end by Logitech or Microsoft you more than likely will not have any issues.

*Note I exclusively use wireless (I tend to break cords), and have used and own more than half of the mice I recommended here.

Best wireless mouse, hands down - Logitech G900
Similar weight to a wired mouse, no acceleration, days long battery life (rare for a gaming desktop mouse)... However, I wouldn't use a G900 for travel unless you get a dedicated bag or case for it (before placing inside your laptop bag) as the way the buttons overhang, they could get damaged if they snag on something. Like the G700, it actually stores it's settings onboard, so if you use other operating systems or switch between multiple systems, your settings will carry over. You could set up a profile for Windows and another for Mac so all buttons work how you want, and then be able to switch the sensor settings as well without ever needing to install the Logitech software.  I did a review of this in the Review section of the forum, not cheap, but fantastic.

Best portable wireless mouse - Logitech Anywhere 2
A portable that feels as comfortable as a fullsize mouse, months long battery charge. Odd scroll wheel release though. I did a review of this in the Review section of the forum, again, not cheap or good for gaming, but a fantastic portable mouse.

Other good alternatives (though only the G series iss meant for games):
Fullsize - Logitech G700s, (FUGLY!), but a great mouse and a smoking deal for what you can find them for these days, G403, G502, G604. Or the Mx performance.
Portable - Microsoft Arc (not good for gaming), any small, cheap Logitech wireless.
Despite being cheap, the cheap Logitech mice  work quite well, just don't expect to use it for a full days work or gaming, but for $15, if it gets destroyed, you won't be too upset.

Not recommended:
Pretty much anything wireless that is not MS or Logitech. This is especially true for cheap, non-bluetooth wireless, seriously, don't even bother.
Even good, high end wireless have connectivity problems, I'm not sure what MS and Logitech do, but if you look up reports on various mice, you will find fewer problem per capita by Logitech and MS, by a LONG shot. As for lower end, most cheaper brands start glitching out after a few months, sometimes less. So while you pay more for Logitech or MS, they last a lot longer.

What is your opinion on the best wired mouse? (sorry offtopic, I usually don't do this) :)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:29:14 »
I'm afraid that the built-in battery will die on the G900. Put I like the idea of a "mobile PWM3366".

How is the G900 better than the G403 wireless? Coz the G403 also comes with PWM3366.
Oh.. and some report the ability to wiggle the mouse buttons on the G900. Is that true?

At 1000mhz refresh and 7000 DPI, with lights on, basically worst thing you can do, the battery will last about 28-30 hours of use. If you turn off the lights, the battery will last 32 hours non-stop.  It's not going to die on you, but if it did, 5 minutes on a cell phone charger gets you 2-4 hours or something like that. The software will even tell you the exact amperage draw it's using so it's not like you are going to be surprised by it.

As for it vs the 403.
The 900 has no acceleration for gaming (not a big deal for most people) and the G900 can connect to 3 machines, (switched by pressing a button on bottom) using the dongle and bluetooth. While the 403 uses a dongle. Bluetooth is about 10 times more efficient than the dongle, but less responsive. The 900 also gets slightly more battery life (2-10 hours more).

The buttons can wiggle a teeny bit.. That's because of how they are mounted.
Most mice use a plastic flex hinge, I.E. a thinner section of the plastic body that flexes, the G900 uses an actual hinge, as in a pin running through holes. This means they can wiggle more than people are used to (it's not noticeable while using it), but also makes for softer buttons since you aren't fighting the plastic.

What is your opinion on the best wired mouse? (sorry offtopic, I usually don't do this) :)
I haven't used a wired mouse, willingly, in... ummm... uhhh...
Yeah, I'm not going to answer that as it severely dates me. Let's just say it's been a long time.

I cannot stand wired.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:33:45 »
Yeah, I'm not going to answer that as it severely dates me. Let's just say it's been a long time.

I cannot stand wired.

No love for the greatest mouse of all-time? aka The Intellimouse?? hello??

Are you playing Counter Strike or something??

Why the need for such high polling rates and DPI?? What is your working resolution?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:56:13 »

I cannot stand wired.

Why the need for such high polling rates and DPI?? What is your working resolution?
I use dual 1080p screens for cad so i need pixel level precision, I also get carpal tunnel chasing a mouse all over my desk.

So I use super high resolution and refresh, then turn down mouse sensitivity in the OS to compensate. This way I can go across both screens with very little movement (1/2 to 3/4in mouse movement), but still have pixel level resolution.

"oh but gaming...!"
I can spin around 180 degrees and headshot someone no problem, however you need to build up to it. Most people do not have the dexterity from the start to do such precise movements at rapid speed, it takes practice.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:09:37 »

At 1000mhz refresh and 7000 DPI, with lights on, basically worst thing you can do, the battery will last about 28-30 hours of use. If you turn off the lights, the battery will last 32 hours non-stop.  It's not going to die on you, but if it did, 5 minutes on a cell phone charger gets you 2-4 hours or something like that. The software will even tell you the exact amperage draw it's using so it's not like you are going to be surprised by it.

As for it vs the 403.
The 900 has no acceleration for gaming (not a big deal for most people) and the G900 can connect to 3 machines, (switched by pressing a button on bottom) using the dongle and bluetooth. While the 403 uses a dongle. Bluetooth is about 10 times more efficient than the dongle, but less responsive. The 900 also gets slightly more battery life (2-10 hours more).

The buttons can wiggle a teeny bit.. That's because of how they are mounted.
Most mice use a plastic flex hinge, I.E. a thinner section of the plastic body that flexes, the G900 uses an actual hinge, as in a pin running through holes. This means they can wiggle more than people are used to (it's not noticeable while using it), but also makes for softer buttons since you aren't fighting the plastic.

I cannot stand wired.

Thanks for the info! But... where did you read about bluetooth? I can't find it anywhere.. I want to believe you, it would be friggin awesome. But I can't find it.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:18:14 »

I cannot stand wired.

I use dual 1080p screens for cad so i need pixel level precision, I also get carpal tunnel chasing a mouse all over my desk.

So I use super high resolution and refresh, then turn down mouse sensitivity in the OS to compensate. This way I can go across both screens with very little movement (1/2 to 3/4in mouse movement), but still have pixel level resolution.

"oh but gaming...!"
I can spin around 180 degrees and headshot someone no problem, however you need to build up to it. Most people do not have the dexterity from the start to do such precise movements at rapid speed, it takes practice.

10-4 LeslieAnn, I can't stomach $130 on a mouse tho...What do you recommend for playing/botting Diablo?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:20:18 »

Damn Ray, never figured you for the G900 type....you use a Razer keyboard too?? lol

10K DPI all day, lights off, use both sets of side buttons

I use dual screens (1920x1200) for cad work all day, just barely move my hand to go from edge to edge.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:22:56 by SpAmRaY »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:22:49 »

10K DPI all day, lights off, use both sets of side buttons

I use dual screens (1920x1200) for cad work all day just barely move my hand to go from edge to edge.

knew it!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:24:15 »
Honestly though I still mis-click the right side buttons.

My boss almost threw it across the room the other day when he tried to use it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 19:52:36 »
Thanks for the info! But... where did you read about bluetooth? I can't find it anywhere.. I want to believe you, it would be friggin awesome. But I can't find it.
I ran Powertop  and checked what the system was pulling when using both.
Not 100% perfect or foolproof (the power draw is pretty low regardless), but the results were drastic enough to be noticeable.

10-4 LeslieAnn, I can't stomach $130 on a mouse tho...What do you recommend for playing/botting Diablo?
Watch for them on sale, I paid $106, but I believe they have been found for as low as $79 on occasion.

The G403 or G700 are probably the next best thing.
The G700 is great, but battery life is far below what a G403 and G900 is.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 20:06:12 »
Not 100% perfect or foolproof (the power draw is pretty low regardless), but the results were drastic enough to be noticeable.

Watch for them on sale, I paid $106, but I believe they have been found for as low as $79 on occasion.

Hmm, looks like they're $95 on ebay....tempting.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 21:05:25 »

Hmm, looks like they're $95 on ebay....tempting.
Beware Ebay, some manufacturers do not honor warranties on items sold on Ebay.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 04:37:16 »
AAARGH G403 wireless also looks nice... but G900 is also nice. Difference only is shape and battery life yes? AAARGH.

Gotta check m out somewhere. The rubberized grip on the G403 looks nice. the G900 looks very plasticy on the sides.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:49:39 »
Ok ok I bought G403 wired to test it out. Felt both G900 and G403. G900 felt much better, but I also liked the G403. So bought G403 first (probably ending up having both).

Love it so far. But that curve at the bottom is like a ridge that constantly pressures in your pinky.

Also, WTF such ****ING BAD mouse glides? IT basically rips my Roccat Hiro apart. It also leads to resistance + noise. W T F

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 13:37:10 »
I bought a MX Master to use at the office and it's replaced my beloved MS Trackball Explorer. If that can replace my favorite input device...I have no choice but to recommend it  :))

not really much lag at all, definitely usable for games (i'd skip FPS games tho), and you can use it wired

Show Image

I hear ur pretty gud bb

Offline Bucake

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 08:23:15 »
What do you recommend for playing/botting Diablo?

do you even need a mouse for botting?
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 10:03:42 »

I swear, I have no idea why this idea keeps popping up.

The G900 does not support multiple devices OR Bluetooth. The button on the bottom is for switching between profiles stored in the on-board memory. The only wireless it supports is via the provided USB dongle. That's it.

The MX Master is the mouse that supports pairing with up to 3 devices via the switch on the bottom (and Bluetooth).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 17:06:54 »
I swear, I have no idea why this idea keeps popping up.

You just brought it back up, that post is a couple months old, as is this entire thread.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 17:58:58 »
I've had the g900 for about a year. No complaints.

Edit- Oh, dead thread. yudodis.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 11:14:08 »
You just brought it back up, that post is a couple months old, as is this entire thread.

My bad. I keep forgetting this sub moves so friggin slowly

Offline Bucake

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 11:32:24 »
for those who are looking to get a wireless mouse,
logitech has released the G703 and G903. essentially they're similar to the G403 and G900, but they feature a wireless charging mouse mat. "powerplay" is what they call the tech:

IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 14:49:57 »
I want something wireless, comfortable and at least 8K DPI. I'm really tempted to go back to the G700s but I think I've been spoiled by the G900 sensor.

I've look really hard at getting the Logitech MX Master but I honestly don't know how anyone can use a mouse that is only 1000 DPI. Even the new v2 is only 4000 DPI.

I tried switching my G900 to those lower DPI's and yeah....I have to pick my mouse up move it, pick it up...move it...yeah I prefer moving only a few inches and going from edge to edge on my screens.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:31:45 »
for those who are looking to get a wireless mouse,
logitech has released the G703 and G903. essentially they're similar to the G403 and G900, but they feature a wireless charging mouse mat. "powerplay" is what they call the tech:

Eh, technically they announced them. The Power Play wireless charging mat is going to be available in August (I think?), and the Mice (903 and 703) will be available at the end of the month.

$149 G903
$99  G703
$99 Power Play mat

So it's a minimum of $200 to get a full set up, just to be clear.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:33:30 »
I tried switching my G900 to those lower DPI's and yeah....I have to pick my mouse up move it, pick it up...move it

I honestly want to know wtf is wrong with me. I can't go above 800 dpi, and I have 3x 4k screens (used to have 3x 30"). I can't even imaging 8k dpi. Like, my brain can't process actually being able to use a DPI that high

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 11:17:18 »
I tried switching my G900 to those lower DPI's and yeah....I have to pick my mouse up move it, pick it up...move it

I honestly want to know wtf is wrong with me. I can't go above 800 dpi, and I have 3x 4k screens (used to have 3x 30"). I can't even imaging 8k dpi. Like, my brain can't process actually being able to use a DPI that high
I guess it's whatever you get used to. :shrug:

On a side note I'm now going to try the G403.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 11:22:49 »
Absolutely bad-ass mouse. Probably going to ditch my 900, 403, and G Pro for the 703 + Power Play once it drops

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 18:04:31 »

Some people lack the dexterity to move at such tiny increments.

Another thing that can explain it is that many people today have grown up on large, high DPI monitors and garbage mice that came with their system while the older among us started with low res mice/monitor combos and upgraded to match each generation of newer monitors to retain the same movement. I STILL have customers using not just ball mice, but ball mice with no scroll wheel even (*shudder*) while using a 36in or larger screen, which is why I carry spare mice with me on the job.

I've used pretty much the same movement "feel" for many, many years, tuning the system and mouse so it feels as close as it did before the last upgrade. It has slowly drifted towards higher and higher dpi, but it's a slow drift, not a big jump.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 18:31:05 »
I still use a Logitch M570 at work. I use a Kensington at home that I really enjoy.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 23:19:02 »
Got the g403 wireless today.

Intuitively, I know wireless will never perform as well as wired.

But, I can't believe it's not crack cocaine..    Whatever it is, it's pretty close to crack cocaine is my point.. ..

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 10:55:25 »
If the G703 suffers from the same problems that both my G900s have, that's a deal breaker.

Good thing it's still under warranty until late 2018

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 22:06:36 »
I just got a G900 last week. I could not be happier.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 22:10:46 »

Yeah, I am not far off. I am running about 2500-3000. I saw someone earlier said they set theirs at 10k. Hats off to them. I can't do it.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 11:30:38 »

Yeah, I am not far off. I am running about 2500-3000. I saw someone earlier said they set theirs at 10k. Hats off to them. I can't do it.

I use 1600dpi on  720p and 800p resolution

When I use 1080p or 1600p I up that to 2400dpi

This is very important for ergonomics.  Using only small finger and wrist movements , I can get across the entire screen.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 06:18:44 »
Just some perspective on how small of a distance I move my mouse.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 06:35:09 »

Looks about right to me.  :))
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:24:37 »

Dpi should be at least 2x the width of the resolution for that kind of distance..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:27:09 »

Dpi should be at least 2x the width of the resolution for that kind of distance..
Well I've got dual 24" 1920x1200 monitors and DPI is currently 9900

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:45:32 »

Well I've got dual 24" 1920x1200 monitors and DPI is currently 9900

Whaaaa.... dats too much spam.. anywhere near 6000 I get alot of jitter..  or maybe my mousepad is bad.. hrrrm..

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 06:05:22 »
MX Master, hands down!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 17:28:04 »
Wow, necro post.

Anyhow, since it's back..
I recently got another Razer Sphex mousepad (v2), my old one (v1) was peeling after years of use and I was not happy with the SteelSeries (EXP?) pad I had replaced it with (the v2 was delayed and v1 not available for less than double retail price). I had to drop 1000 dpi as it was simply too sensitive. Thinking back, I think I had to bump it several hundred 400-800dpi when I switched to the Steel series.

So if you want to speed up or slow down your current mouse, but yours isn't adjustable, try some different pads.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 16:00:57 »
Well, I eventually got the G403, been using it for a couple months. It really is awesome. Perfect shape, perfect glides / mouse feet. And the battery lasts two weeks if I am programming, which is mostly typing anyways.