Author Topic: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock  (Read 48383 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
WHatever happened to talk of a full classic beige set? Still holding out hope it will happen.
Depending on who you listen to there's a 'secret' buy coming.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
WHatever happened to talk of a full classic beige set? Still holding out hope it will happen.
I have heard whispers of such a buy. I hope the secret part means its kept a secret until it gets revealed. I guess you couldn't really do a hush hush GB with GMK with the moq and all.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
I heard rumors that the secret buy would be something classic. Here's hoping it is going to be beige! And then of course I hope Ivan starts his reverse beige group buy soon as well.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

Secret? Secret as in someone will buy GMK keycaps and mail em to me??

Seriously though.. we really need this GB to happen. What is the status of it?
There are so many BSP sets from IMSTO that would benefit from these :P

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
It's happening. The fire at my place has delayed things, but it's happening rest assured.

I haven't heard anything about a 'secret buy' :confused:
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 November 2014, 07:28:38 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
I would buy 5-6 sets.
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Can this pleassse come out? I have the GMK mods for one of my boards. I need this for my other board with G80 set on it.

Offline intelli78

Can this pleassse come out? I have the GMK mods for one of my boards. I need this for my other board with G80 set on it.

We'll apparently have not just one, but two chances to get this kit. Photekq's group buy (if/when it finally happens), and Ivan said he's going to run it too.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

We'll apparently have not just one, but two chances to get this kit. Photekq's group buy (if/when it finally happens), and Ivan said he's going to run it too.

Awesome! Thank you very much! :-)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

Too many GMK sets have been stuck in "soon" limbo this year, I'm not getting excited until there's money down and the MOQ is met. Was excited for Feng's Cyan mod pack but then it got changed to a full set so I had to get a refund.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Too many GMK sets have been stuck in "soon" limbo this year, I'm not getting excited until there's money down and the MOQ is met. Was excited for Feng's Cyan mod pack but then it got changed to a full set so I had to get a refund.

If you just stopped being poor, that wouldn't be a problem.  Come on man.

Offline intelli78

If neither of those materialize, then I will do it myself. That was my original plan, but Photekq asked me not to run the GB so he could roll it into his. One way or another, we'll get these kits.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

If you just stopped being poor, that wouldn't be a problem.  Come on man.

I could probably afforded it but I honestly couldn't ever see myself using those alphas. Never been a fan of light coloured legends on white.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
I wolud buy both!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Interested if it's still running
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
If neither of those materialize, then I will do it myself. That was my original plan, but Photekq asked me not to run the GB so he could roll it into his. One way or another, we'll get these kits.
Apologies to everyone who's waiting for a beige GB for this. The original plan was to have this happen quite a while ago, and it's been in the works before this thread was even made. But various things got in the way. Quotes/mockups from GMK are ready, I'm just waiting for the website to be finished [which is necessary, and very close to happening, just delayed by the fire in my place].

Needless to say I wouldn't have asked intelli to let me do it if I weren't confident I could make it happen. I'm still confident, I'm just annoyed by all the delays. I could have done it sooner with the classic spreadsheet/Paypal gift approach but I feel this is a much neater alternative and that it'll be worth the wait. As most people know, I'm a huge fan of the beige colour scheme and I'll be making sure it's done justice.

Watch this space.
github

Offline billnye

• ability man
Apologies to everyone who's waiting for a beige GB for this. The original plan was to have this happen quite a while ago, and it's been in the works before this thread was even made. But various things got in the way. Quotes/mockups from GMK are ready, I'm just waiting for the website to be finished [which is necessary, and very close to happening, just delayed by the fire in my place].

Needless to say I wouldn't have asked intelli to let me do it if I weren't confident I could make it happen. I'm still confident, I'm just annoyed by all the delays. I could have done it sooner with the classic spreadsheet/Paypal gift approach but I feel this is a much neater alternative and that it'll be worth the wait. As most people know, I'm a huge fan of the beige colour scheme and I'll be making sure it's done justice.

Watch this space.

I belief in u photek man :-)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Watch this space.

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to it.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

Watch this space.

Awesome man. I might actually have to buy a second set seeing as how my Originative set has seen so much use.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.

Watch this space.
Great to hear this. I am fan of classic beige set. But Originative set have Tab issue, and i can't accept. I hope this gb can fix that :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

Watch this space.

Looking forward to this!

Can you tease which kits you will offer?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
I'm just not sure the point of the site.
I don't think it will be much easier to order on a website.
We'll still pass a 45 day window.
You'll still have to pay all applicable fees.
It will probably save you some organizational time, sure;
this could be handy if you plan on running multiple or concurent GBs.
Not crapping, cause I'll be buying this.
I'm just wondering if it's more of a stall, whether or not it's intentional.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
I'm just not sure the point of the site.
I don't think it will be much easier to order on a website.
We'll still pass a 45 day window.
You'll still have to pay all applicable fees.
It will probably save you some organizational time, sure;
this could be handy if you plan on running multiple or concurent GBs.
Not crapping, cause I'll be buying this.
I'm just wondering if it's more of a stall, whether or not it's intentional.
It's necessary because Paypal hates preorders/group buys. Stripe will be used instead, and for Stripe a website is quite useful.

Oh, and it'll be bilingual to get orders from other communities, to ensure MOQ is reached.

Why would I be stalling? I want to get this going as much as everyone else!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 10:36:12 by Photekq »
github

Offline taylordcraig

It's necessary because Paypal hates preorders/group buys. Stripe will be used instead, and for Stripe a website is quite useful.

Oh, and it'll be bilingual to get orders from other communities, to ensure MOQ is reached.

Why would I be stalling? I want to get this going as much as everyone else!

I said whether or not it's intentional.
Never used stripe, interested to see it in action.

Edit: nm, stripe does international banks too.
Wonder if the validation is quick, paypal is slow as snails.

Offline TBone

Watch this space.
Great to hear this. I am fan of classic beige set. But Originative set have Tab issue, and i can't accept. I hope this gb can fix that :)

Pardon my ignorance, what's the tab issue? I couldn't find anything about this.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Watch this space.

Pardon my ignorance, what's the tab issue? I couldn't find anything about this.

He used a weird legend, I'll find a pic of it.

Offline taylordcraig

This one right?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Watch this space.

Thanks for the input! Cool, a new website. Will it be your website? GMK? Gh? Who's website? Very interested to see and buy!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

Watch this space.

Thanks for the input! Cool, a new website. Will it be your website? GMK? Gh? Who's website? Very interested to see and buy!

It's his own website.  ;)

Offline Prelim

@Photekq I didn't read all the thread, but there will be an option for moogle kit only, right? (centre capslock + 1.25 mods + spacebar) I'm IN ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
Will be interested seeing that Ivan is going to do something classic beige-y (I think, but not very sure)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Yep... and I was going to do these extra beige mods as an option too similar to the purple pack plus some numpad keys... I haven't looked in here for a long time and just thought it was dead.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Can you do symbol & text legend instead only symbol legend?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Maybe I do one type, Photekq does the other, everyone happy?

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Yeah of course. Great to listen this

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Can you do symbol & text legend instead only symbol legend?

I prefer text + symbols also  :thumb:

If it has to be one or the other then text.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Text only mods are going to be default in the next base set so I'll either be running symbols and text, or symbols only again for mods pack.

I'm just waiting for pricing on all the kits from GMK and I'll be kicking off the new buy as soon as I have them in.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 November 2014, 00:23:08 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
I think this is a good idea. I'm doing text+icon modifiers, just like 3000HAU.
github

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

Yeah, let's just hope this won't make it more difficult to reach MOQ.

Having said that I'll order both of course  :thumb:

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Text only mods are going to be default in the next base set so I'll either be running symbols and text

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy??

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Do you think this GB will happen before, or after Xmas?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Text only mods are going to be default in the next base set so I'll either be running symbols and text, or symbols only again for mods pack.

I'm just waiting for pricing on all the kits from GMK and I'll be kicking off the new buy as soon as I have them in.

What color codes do you guys plan to use? Just wanting to make sure everything will match up nicely

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I'll be using all U9 key. Kit will include:
 row E: `~ , \| , Num Lock, divide, multiply, minus, Backspace (1x & 2x), 2 blank 1x
 row D: Tab, \| , delete 1.5, 2 blank 1x
 row C: 1.75 Caps Lock (fulltouch and stepped), 1.75 Control, 2.25 Enter, ISO Enter, plus, 2 blank 1x
 row B: Shift (1, 1.25, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75), 2 Control (1, 1.25, 1.5), 2 Alt (1, 1.25, 1.5), 2 Windows (1, 1.25), Menu (1, 1.25), Fn, Blanks (2 1x, 2 1.25, 2 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75)

A little larger and more expensive, but should be able to patch kits for nearly any keyboard out there. Mine will be starting very soon, perhaps as early as next week.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 10:26:56 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
 row E: `~ , \| , Num Lock, divide, multiply, minus, Backspace (1x & 2x), 2 blank 1x
 row C: 1.75 Caps Lock (fulltouch and stepped), 1.75 Control, 2.25 Enter, ISO Enter, plus, 2 blank 1x
 row B: Shift (1, 1.25, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75), 2 Control (1, 1.25, 1.5), 2 Alt (1, 1.25, 1.5), 2 Windows (1, 1.25), Menu (1, 1.25), Fn, Blanks (2 1x, 2 1.25, 2 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.75)

A little larger and more expensive, but should be able to patch kits for nearly any keyboard out there. Mine will be starting very soon, perhaps as early as next week.

Damn that look nice .
When you say 2 Windows (1, 1.25) , that mean there's a total of 4 ? 2*1u & 2*1.25u ?

It sound like this kit will be about 40-50$ ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Yes, if marked 2 %legend% (#size, #size) that would mean 2 of each listed size.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

Great kit! It includes everything I could ask for.

I assume you will do icon only again? Or is there a chance for text + icon?

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.

Great when i have heard this :thumb: And all things is ABS Double shot?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Great kit! It includes everything I could ask for.

I assume you will do icon only again? Or is there a chance for text + icon?

+1 sounds good.  I would also like to know if you decided to go with text , icon, or both?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline intelli78

Please be text + legend...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Any word on the pricing yet?