geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3388/3394) > >>

Nerif:
Can someone explain to me why Clickjacket-based switches lose their click after years of usage?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: Nerif on Sat, 03 February 2024, 13:55:54 ---Can someone explain to me why Clickjacket-based switches lose their click after years of usage?

--- End quote ---

There might be a few reasons

1. The switches are really dirty, which would block the click mechanism and the switches need to be cleaned.

2. If the switches have been lubed, any of it near the click jacket will remove the click as well, this can happen even if you didn't lube near it initially because the lube with spread around in the switch. You can clean it but it requires a ultrasound cleaner.

3. The switch has wear and tear from years of usage and either the jacket part of the leaf has been damaged (probably not the reason)

Hope this helps.

fuzzybyte:
Where could I buy a single-piece keyboard with a layout like this?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: fuzzybyte on Sat, 24 February 2024, 01:10:24 ---Where could I buy a single-piece keyboard with a layout like this?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

I don't think there is a keyboard with this layout, I think your best bet would be to handwire the board in that layout, and use acryllic stacks for the case for example.

_rubik:

--- Quote from: fuzzybyte on Sat, 24 February 2024, 01:10:24 ---Where could I buy a single-piece keyboard with a layout like this?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

That's a very specific layout. You're going to have to either make it yourself, or buy a larger ortholinear board and retrofit your keymap. Maybe the XD75?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version