Author Topic: How do you like your popcorn?  (Read 9962 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: How do you like your popcorn?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:05:17 »
I like popcorn with extra butter and white Cheddar seasoning and krazy salt.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:06:31 »
Am I the only one who thinks pickles are gross? :(

ABANDON THIS THREAD!

Remember the popcorn thread?

I do not, go bump it mang!

as girlshark wizbro commands

Danke bro!

I love popcorn, all ways. Mostly with just tons of salt and butter.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:09:31 »
I used to make popcorn with chicken soup powder as a seasoning and I would then layer it with shredded cheddar cheese and give it a quick nuke in the microwave. just enough to soften the cheese but not make the popcorn soggy. Yes, its a little bit of work and a little unorthodox but its quite the treat! Oh!, and butter too of course!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:18:50 »
When I lived in Colorado there was this Mexican guy who came by the apartments everyday with Mexican popsicles and tamarind popcorn balls on dowels.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:26:24 »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 22:01:57 »
Old school thread, nice. Kettle corn or movie theater with no butter and extra salt.  :p

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 22:47:27 »
I used to make popcorn with chicken soup powder as a seasoning and I would then layer it with shredded cheddar cheese and give it a quick nuke in the microwave. just enough to soften the cheese but not make the popcorn soggy. Yes, its a little bit of work and a little unorthodox but its quite the treat! Oh!, and butter too of course!

Define "Quick nuke".

I once microwaved already popped popcorn and the outer skin of the popcorn (brown kernel stuff) started sparking... :eek:

Never again...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 23:07:23 »

Define "Quick nuke".

I once microwaved already popped popcorn and the outer skin of the popcorn (brown kernel stuff) started sparking... :eek:

Never again...
Well, its been ages, but if I remember correctly it was a series of quick nukes of about 10 seconds at a time. gotta give those starch puffs time to relax! they are starch right? :confused:

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 23:55:39 »

Define "Quick nuke".

Never again...
Well, its been ages, but if I remember correctly it was a series of quick nukes of about 10 seconds at a time. gotta give those starch puffs time to relax! they are starch right? :confused:

Not quite...Corn is still a veggie, except it exploded :P

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 00:17:02 »

Define "Quick nuke".

Never again...

Its a pretty cool food, popcorn. I mean, its a small bit of moisture within an otherwise dry kernel that heats to the point where the outer shell gives way and POP!! the starch within forms this white....thing.

"starch granules do not explode, but expand into thin, jelly-like bubbles. Neighboring bubbles fuse together and solidify, forming a three-dimensional network much like a sink full of soapsuds. This is the white fluffy solid we eat".

What a great thing!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 00:34:50 »

Define "Quick nuke".

Never again...

Its a pretty cool food, popcorn. I mean, its a small bit of moisture within an otherwise dry kernel that heats to the point where the outer shell gives way and POP!! the starch within forms this white....thing.

"starch granules do not explode, but expand into thin, jelly-like bubbles. Neighboring bubbles fuse together and solidify, forming a three-dimensional network much like a sink full of soapsuds. This is the white fluffy solid we eat".

What a great thing!

Popcorn science... :eek:

So what what determines the shape of the kernels? :p
Why are some just round, with tiny specs of brown dots, while others turn into a 3D "club"?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 03:46:07 »
Who knows!! It's crazy!! Popcorn is just too crazy to think about!

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 03:48:14 »
Away from me.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 03:49:12 »

Away from me.

Come closer to me, babe

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 03:52:06 »

Away from me.

Come closer to me, babe
As long as the popcorn stays away from me, I'll come as close as you want.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 06:57:12 »
I like my popcorn airsealed. In the trash on its way to a chemical treatment plant....

I really don't like the stuff.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 07:14:45 »
hot, salted, and buttered

on a *very* rare occasion I might add a light bit of soy sauce or Parmesan cheese.

Alton Brown did an episode of "Good Eats" on popcorn that is very amusing and informative.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mauri

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 07:40:32 »
Love me some jalapeno powder in my popcorn.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS