Author Topic: [GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Complete!  (Read 37049 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
[GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Complete!
« on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 15:41:27 »
PHANTOM PLATES AND LINERS

233963-0233958-1

Phantom options leave a bit to be desired these days, what with the progression of design over these few years. I've slowly been putting together things to help with this, if only a small amount. The easiest and most affordable starting point seems to be plates, and FR4 is a perfect option for test runs. In the future other material options may be available, but that depends on interest and successfulness of projects.

This will be a small test run to see how well the design works, and iron out small kinks. This will currently only be the plates + liners and not any PCBs, but I am in works with a few people to design better PCBs for filco/phantom style cases that should be affordable, and up to date with current standards.

Details and Notes
  • I'm currently only doing fixed ansi in this test run, but am open to universal or fixed ISO in the future.
  • The design is inspired by OTD plates, relief cuts are fun!
  • Compatible with cherry stabalizers as well as costar for this run, in the future these will be offered with a PCB and will only support PCB mount cherry stabs.
  • This will technically work with the stock PCB of a Filco with a small modification(see below*), BUT I do recommend an aftermarket PCB solution such as a Phantom or an LFK-TKL. And if you're patient, I will be running a buy with more affordable PCBs in the future.
  • 1.6mm thick, for now

OPTIONS

Plates
  • FR4 Full plate - $20
  • FR4 Half plate - $20
  • Micarta** Full plate (Limit of 5) - $25
Liners
  • Neoprene Firm - Good old neoprene. This should work well to reduce vibration, and should dampen the sound of the board a bit. This would be a middle of the road option, with some benefits from each of the ones below.
  • Cork Rubber - - This is a cork and neoprene blend with medium density, high durability, and decent sound dampening. This will dampen the sound similar to the full neoprene, but should have a deeper sound signature, lighter weight, and will allow for more plate flex. I'm personally partial to this, because it looks cool as hell, and I like the idea of a deeper more "woody" sound.
  • Closed Cell Sponge Rubber - This is essentially high density neoprene foam. Because this is a foam, it will almost definitely provide the most sound dampening. Normally the space between the plate and the PCB is 1/8" inch, and I can get this at 3/16", since this is a foam like material it will compress and reduce vibration/sound a bit more.
  • All Material Options Respectively - $22 per liner
Shipping
  • $12 CONUS, Individually determined international ***

The buy will open 12:00pm EST 1/20/2020 and will run until 11:59pm EST Sunday 1/26/2020

Estimated to ship in [Pending] - Subject to change depending on potential manu issues or QC problems. Will keep updated here and in Discord.

GROUP BUY FORM - Closed

JOIN THE DISCORD FOR MORE FREQUENT UPDATES
After joining, navigate to the #role-request channel and react with the GOAT emoji to be assigned the filco role. I try and keep pings to a minimum, but be aware that I will ping this role for important updates.

I only hope you guys stan your Filcos as much as I do  :-*
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 19:58:22 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Re: [GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Starting 1/20/2020
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 02:07:19 »
    Reserved

Under construction

Disclaimer:
    I want to emphasize again that this is a test run. An initial effort to work out issues users may have when using the plates, so that future iterations will be tested, tried, and true. While I've had assistance from other users to make sure all is well, I cannot in good faith guarantee that the plates will fit all switches/stabs/PCBs/etc. in all instances. What I can say is that the file sent to manu is built with the open source phantom plate as a base. I've edited around the already existing plate files to ensure that the majority of elements on the plate are directly transferred from an existing drawing that has been tested many many times.

I will be building a test board after receiving the plates, before sending out orders, to be sure that there are no issues. If after receiving plates there is a glaring issue somehow overlooked by me, I will do my best to replace plates for users out of pocket, and only charge shipping to send a replacement out.

Annotations
    * Modifying the plate to work with the stock PCB is quite easy, since FR4 is relatively easy to cut, even with a hobby knife. The picture below shows where you will need to cut to accommodate for the PCB controller. The integrity of the plate will not be compromised from this cut.

**  I have been informed that the Micarta would present some issues with cutting so thin, potential shattering, and a special way that it needs to be cut would raise the price significantly, close to $40 a plate NOT including material. In the future we may try true Micarta, but for now they've presented me with an alternative material that will be very inexpensive and has most of the same properties, just is not laminated after finishing. It's a polyester based "plastic" made in the same way as Micarta (layered, heated, then pressed), with a different resin used as the binding agent, typically used as shim stock. I will start an IC eventually to see if people are willing to pay the premium to have true Micarta cut in the future, possibly pairing with a carbon fiber option.

*** International shipping is looking to be slightly inflated if you are only purchasing one item. Based on estimates so far, the total will be betweeen $20 and $35
    If this gets too expensive and enough people order overseas then I'll be looking into a proxy to reduce shipping cost to you guys.

ESTIMATED TIMELINE

• [✓] Send out invoices for plates and liners.
    • [✓] Receive pre-ordered set of plates for testing and QC. - If these plates work well, and present no issues they will be used to fulfill early orders.
    • [  ] Build with first plate to fully test
    • [  ] Receive remaining FR4 plates (Half plates, branded plates, and copper trim plates, etc.)
    • [  ] Should receive liners and Micarta plates at or around the same time
    • [  ] Begin sending shipping invoices, and preparing boxes to go out
    • [  ] Ship to users and confirm over the following weeks that all is well, and plates are satisfactory
    • [  ] Begin preparing for Rd 2, which will include PCBs

UPDATES

1/31/2020
    • Paypal
      Since I've not done a sale like this in the past, PayPal has predictably put a hold on 2 of the invoices paid, unfortunately the ones on hold are much larger than any others. I talked to a CSR beforehand who assured me there wouldn't be an issue, but since I hadn't sent an invoice in quite some time, and then suddenly sent a lot in one afternoon, there was a disconnect. Working with the users and Paypal to get this expedited, but I don't want to expect anyone to do anything that might jeopardize their buyer's protection. Because of that expect a potential delay on the Liners. Fortunately their turnaround time will be about 7 business days from when the invoice is paid!
    • Proto Full Plates
      My initial order of full plates purchased before the buy started has not yet started production, as the files are still in review. With the recent CNY holiday I imagine they are catching up though, so more productive updates on this soon.tm

2/6/2020
    • Paypal
      Same as last time I am still waiting on a large chunk of the paypal to clear, which will be the funds for the liners. Luckily the liners are are actually complete and ready to pick up! So if it comes down to it I will pay for these with my own funds.
    • Proto Full Plates
      My initial order of full plates purchased before the buy started has still not yet started production, so I've sent sent an email out about it, to see if their area has been effected by recent events. I doubt this will push production times on these back too far, but it's best to let you guys know.

3/10/2020
    • Paypal
      Paypal will be releasing the funds this week, and I should be clear to pick up the liners next week!
    • Proto Full Plates
      The full plates have finally made their way to me! Fitment looks to be good, but I’m a bit paranoid about this so I am waiting on some switches and a PCB to do a build and be sure switch alignment is also good.
    • Timeline
      Currently my timeline is to start sending shipping invoices in mid April, potentially a bit earlier depending on how quickly parts get to me for the test build. Initial shipping will be for all Full Plates and liners that do not include any specialty configurations. The Shipping is TBD on the specialty plates but they will be ordered just after the test build confirms all fitment (Specialty plates include; Half plates and OEM fit full plates).

If you're feeling especially dedicated, feel free to use this in your signature to link back to the buy.

[/list]
    Code: [Select]
    [url=https://bit.ly/30DpeJk][img]https://i.imgur.com/mM5pZdc.png[/img][/url]
    Full Size:
    234011-1
    « Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2020, 17:27:42 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
    • snoozing
    Re: [GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Starting 1/20/2020
    « Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 05:19:02 »
    Approved!
    Very busy with studies atm.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘

Offline kernelsanders

Re: [GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Live!
    « Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 01:00:53 »
    I'm in! I'll take one of everything!  ;D

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 09:58:42 »
    I'm in! I'll take one of everything!  ;D

Much appreciated my friend! Make sure to fill out that GB form and join the discord  :-*

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 15:14:59 »
    Nevermind, pulling out because..
    Quote from: DALExSNAIL
    MX Brown apologist and defender

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
    • * Destiny Supporter
    « Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 15:24:40 »
    In  :cool:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 11:56:33 »
    Nevermind, pulling out because..
    Quote from: DALExSNAIL
    MX Brown apologist and defender

I will not falter.
    My refined tastes will one day be revered!

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
    « Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 13:07:19 »
    Nice to see you pushing this to gb phase, gl Dale  :thumb:
    I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:30:56 »
    Nice to see you pushing this to gb phase, gl Dale  :thumb:

Ty man, hoping all goes well!
    « Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:33:48 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 22:19:54 »
    I am confused as to why you would make future PCB mount stabs only when the Phantom PCB itself has no hole/support for PCB mount stabs?

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=536

Is there a new version of the PCB out there somewhere?

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 23:03:14 »
    I am confused as to why you would make future PCB mount stabs only when the Phantom PCB itself has no hole/support for PCB mount stabs?

Compatible with cherry stabalizers as well as costar for this run, in the future these will be offered with a PCB and will only support PCB mount cherry stabs.

When I run these moving forward, they will be offered alongside my own PCB and will no longer have the phantom name. They will be associated with a new name tied to myself, and instead have a descriptor of something like "Phantom style plates", or something similar.

My hope is to phase out actual phantoms, because it's cumbersome to gather and solder the parts for them and put them together. Plus they're pretty limited compared to even some stock boards on the market.
    « Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 23:06:16 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline Dakk1d

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 02:51:03 »

Compatible with cherry stabalizers as well as costar for this run, in the future these will be offered with a PCB and will only support PCB mount cherry stabs.

When I run these moving forward, they will be offered alongside my own PCB and will no longer have the phantom name. They will be associated with a new name tied to myself, and instead have a descriptor of something like "Phantom style plates", or something similar.

My hope is to phase out actual phantoms, because it's cumbersome to gather and solder the parts for them and put them together. Plus they're pretty limited compared to even some stock boards on the market.

Ooh, this sounds nice. Imagine not having to all of the extra crap that comes with a Phantom. As long as you offer an ISO plate together with your future PCB I will buy a few of each.
    Any ETA on the PBA project?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:12:28 »
    Do you know the thickness of the cork liner? I was wondering if it will lay loosely or be an exact fit, touching both the PCB and the plate when assembled. There is approximately 3.6-3.7 mm space between the PCB and bottom of a plate if a 1.5mm plate is used. Thank you.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:35:29 »
    Do you know the thickness of the cork liner? I was wondering if it will lay loosely or be an exact fit, touching both the PCB and the plate when assembled. There is approximately 3.6-3.7 mm space between the PCB and bottom of a plate if a 1.5mm plate is used. Thank you.

Plates are actually 1.6, didn't realize that until I ordered the pre-order for testing. They should be an exact fit, but I'll test them before sending out. If they're just flopping around or something, I'll re order more out of pocked probably. If they're just barely touching both, or half a hair off from touching the top I feel like they'll still do what's intended and I'll be happy with it. At that point they wont really be moving around or anything.

Edit: To clarify on the thickness, they should be just over 1/8" inch, somewhere between 1/8" and 3/16". Also judging by both spec sheets I have, I'm getting 3.3-3.4mm expected space with the 1.6mm plate, but have been told that it's less than that by a few people now.
    « Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:40:57 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:06:56 »
    Edit: To clarify on the thickness, they should be just over 1/8" inch, somewhere between 1/8" and 3/16". Also judging by both spec sheets I have, I'm getting 3.3-3.4mm expected space with the 1.6mm plate, but have been told that it's less than that by a few people now.

Okay it sounds like it should be gapless or close to it, which is good. Just wanted to make sure the liner was not paper thin like 0.5mm or such. I am in for a few items. This is a good idea for a GB. TKL is a really good form factor and TKL customs are huge money compared to plate/pcb swaps.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:13:17 »
    A new TKL PCB would be sweet. Gons and Hineybush are the only options compatible with multiple cases. KBd8x is never is stock and the XD87 has non-standard spacing for the function row.

Another PCB choice would be a great benefit to the community. Can’t wait.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:17:24 »

Ooh, this sounds nice. Imagine not having to all of the extra crap that comes with a Phantom. As long as you offer an ISO plate together with your future PCB I will buy a few of each.
    Any ETA on the PBA project?

I'm working on a more short term option as a collab, to get something out faster, and I'm also working on a more specialized PCB that will be branded as my own, no concrete ETA at the moment, but the gears are turning.
    A new TKL PCB would be sweet. Gons and Hineybush are the only options compatible with multiple cases. KBd8x is never is stock and the XD87 has non-standard spacing for the function row.

Another PCB choice would be a great benefit to the community. Can’t wait.

:-*

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #19 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 23:26:19 »
    Order form is now closed!

Will be gathering information and putting invoices together for tomorrow.
    If you've opted for the Micarta option and won, you will see that reflected on your invoice  :thumb:

Thanks for participating peoples,  :-*

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 10:13:06 »
    Invoices out now  :thumb:

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 15:58:26 »
    Thank you. Obviously the sooner the better.... But what's the drop dead date to get invoices paid??
    Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #22 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 16:01:43 »
    Thank you. Obviously the sooner the better.... But what's the drop dead date to get invoices paid??

I'd say By this coming Sunday, so I can get orders in, but if you have circumstances that might prevent this shoot me a PM on disc and we might be able to work something out.  :thumb:

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 16:33:31 »

I'd say By this coming Sunday, so I can get orders in, but if you have circumstances that might prevent this shoot me a PM on disc and we might be able to work something out.  :thumb:

Just posting for the masses. If everyone is like me... feeling the "bank account sucking" these past two months from all the Group Buys.

Dayum Vampyrs  =)
    Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #24 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 18:21:54 »

Just posting for the masses. If everyone is like me... feeling the "bank account sucking" these past two months from all the Group Buys.

Dayum Vampyrs  =)

It's all for the good of the DALCO cause  :-*

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    Re: [GB] FR4 Phantom Plates and Liners - Invoices paid - Update
    « Reply #25 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 12:58:41 »
    Quick update guys:

Paypal
    Since I've not done a sale like this in the past, PayPal has predictably put a hold on 2 of the invoices paid, unfortunately the ones on hold are much larger than any others. I talked to a CSR beforehand who assured me there wouldn't be an issue, but since I hadn't sent an invoice in quite some time, and then suddenly sent a lot in one afternoon, there was a disconnect. Working with the users and Paypal to get this expedited, but I don't want to expect anyone to do anything that might jeopardize their buyer's protection. Because of that expect a potential delay on the Liners. Fortunately their turnaround time will be about 7 business days from when the invoice is paid!

Proto Full Plates
    My initial order of full plates purchased before the buy started has not yet started production, as the files are still in review. With the recent CNY holiday I imagine they are catching up though, so more productive updates on this soon.tm
    « Last Edit: Fri, 31 January 2020, 13:00:33 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline Aldarris

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 16:40:00 »
    Just paid my invoice. Don't have a PCB to use this on atm but I look forward to the one you're working on.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #27 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 11:37:27 »
    Quick Update:
    • Paypal
      Same as last time I am still waiting on a large chunk of the paypal to clear, which will be the funds for the liners. Luckily the liners are are actually complete and ready to pick up! So if it comes down to it I will pay for these with my own funds.
    • Proto Full Plates
      My initial order of full plates purchased before the buy started has still not yet started production, so I've sent sent an email out about it, to see if their area has been effected by recent events. I doubt this will push production times on these back too far, but it's best to let you guys know.

Offline Actualize

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:43:41 »
    What PCB would you recommend to go with this?

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 08:53:21 »
    What PCB would you recommend to go with this?

I personally recommend the LFK-TKL

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:05:13 »
    Updates will be hosted on my website as well moving forward => Updates

3/10/2020
    • Paypal
      Paypal will be releasing the funds this week, and I should be clear to pick up the liners next week!
    • Proto Full Plates
      The full plates have finally made their way to me! Fitment looks to be good, but I’m a bit paranoid about this so I am waiting on some switches and a PCB to do a build and be sure switch alignment is also good.
    • Timeline
      Currently my timeline is to start sending shipping invoices in mid April, potentially a bit earlier depending on how quickly parts get to me for the test build. Initial shipping will be for all Full Plates and liners that do not include any specialty configurations. The Shipping is TBD on the specialty plates but they will be ordered just after the test build confirms all fitment (Specialty plates include; Half plates and OEM fit full plates).

Offline kkatano

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 07:03:33 »
    I saw the photos posted on your site and it was amazing. I would like to order if I have the next chance ;)

Offline kernelsanders

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 21:18:16 »
    Just checking in to see if there's any more updates on the GB? Thanks!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #33 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 10:23:07 »
    Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates, and the delay. With the current events happening there have been some hiccups, but that's no excuse, so I'll keep you in the loop.

The original PCB that was headed to me, has somehow still not made it my way. This weekend I'll be desoldering my OEM PCB to use in a short build, and I will use it for testing.

• The Liners
      So I'll come clean, I procrastinated in picking these up not forseeing how serious the quarantine would be, so these haven't been available to pick up after the lockdown. Since our order was rather small I imagine we haven't been a large priority to contact for updates. This was a mistake on my end, and I take full responsibility. Luckily I've recently gotten in contact with the sales rep that I worked with originally and we've planned a pickup in about 2 weeks time, when they can coordinate one of their shop techs to locate the order and have it ready.
    • Shipping
      I will be getting orders ready to ship shortly after picking these up. Will send out shipping invoices and pick up the remaining shipping supplies once I have the liners at home with me. 

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 23:01:10 »
    Thanks for the update. The lockdowns everywhere caught everyone off guard so there is not much anyone can do.

Offline kernelsanders

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 01:52:33 »
    Thanks for the update and the transparency.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 13:45:55 »
    Ok, All materials are in hand and I'll be shipping out orders very soon, so be on the lookout for shipping invoices! Once these are out and paid, I'll be able to order proper shipping materials to prevent bending and breakage.

I'm currently waiting on labels to get here for my new shipping label printer, and I'm also shipping out a small package for a test build just to be sure. I would wait on the test build to happen, but honestly I've made you all wait long enough.

I'll post a few pictures of the liners tonight to show them off!

One thing to note, the cork rubber neoprene and the Neoprene Firm are a bit more firm than originally anticipated. This could be a good or bad thing as I see it now. They're soft enough not to cause issues as far as I can tell, but they are likely much different than the foams you might be used to from other vendors. Once I've gotten my own board properly desoldered by a friend, and built with a cork rubber liner, I will upload a sound test.  :thumb:

That said, the Closed Cell Sponge Rubber turned out better than originally hoped. The cell size is a little larger than anticipated, but so far that seems like a good thing.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 17:19:02 »
    Had anyone gotten an update on this?

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 08:06:15 »

I got a shipping invoice so just waiting for final boxing/shipping.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 08:45:26 »

Yeah, me too, but that was over a month ago. I thought the materials were already on hand according to the last update here...

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 20:42:10 »

Yeah, me too, but that was over a month ago. I thought the materials were already on hand according to the last update here...

He's got some more updates on his discord. The last one was on July 8 and said everything is packed up and he's waiting on boxes.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 23:57:42 »

He's got some more updates on his discord. The last one was on July 8 and said everything is packed up and he's waiting on boxes.

Thanks. I've been in the discord a while but have not been given the role for the updates.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 14:05:30 »
    Should be shipping out soon according to discord for con us
    « Last Edit: Sun, 23 August 2020, 14:09:27 by DasGnome »

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 20:22:30 »
    Just came in today

250266-0

Offline larsbrinkhoff

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 06:02:09 »
    (EDITED. Sorry, wrong thread.)
    « Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 06:24:42 by larsbrinkhoff »

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 18:57:41 »
    So I finally got around to building with this. It took a while since a Hakko desolder tool was needed for me to feel comfortable desoldering an entire board.

The cork liner will not really work with the actual Filco PCB. The diodes on the board are too high, and interfere with the exact fit. Did anyone else experience that? Not a big deal for me since I am also working on a LFKeyboards PCB with surface mount diodes, but just thought I'd provide feedback.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
    • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
    « Reply #46 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 15:33:22 »
    So I finally got around to building with this. It took a while since a Hakko desolder tool was needed for me to feel comfortable desoldering an entire board.

The cork liner will not really work with the actual Filco PCB. The diodes on the board are too high, and interfere with the exact fit. Did anyone else experience that? Not a big deal for me since I am also working on a LFKeyboards PCB with surface mount diodes, but just thought I'd provide feedback.

Ah shoot, I thought this may end up happening because the material was a bit more dense than expected. Wish I'd have had the resources to properly desolder when testing instead of bricking 2 filcos lol (a bit embarassing I know). Ironically  I've got a liner and plate going off to be rebuilt on stream sometime in the next week or 2, so we can see how it fares there with the polyester plate.

I'll shoot a message your way with some more asks.

Offline odd

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 13:29:14 »
    Any chance of extra plates? I have a couple phantom builds I been sitting on and would love one of these plates to put into one of the builds.

If It might help my case on getting a spare plate I could contribute with a fit test on 3rd party Alu cases as I have a Tex Alu TKL and a MKC Alu TKL I can drop the Plate into to see how snug it is.

Let me know either way, thanks.

edit: I could also see if a CM PCB running the Frosty Flake replacement firmware would work on your plate as well. Looking at the pics here I see the cut outs but I also don't see any mention of compatibility.
    « Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 13:33:18 by odd »

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 18:05:07 »
    Any chance of extra plates? I have a couple phantom builds I been sitting on and would love one of these plates to put into one of the builds.

If It might help my case on getting a spare plate I could contribute with a fit test on 3rd party Alu cases as I have a Tex Alu TKL and a MKC Alu TKL I can drop the Plate into to see how snug it is.

Let me know either way, thanks.

edit: I could also see if a CM PCB running the Frosty Flake replacement firmware would work on your plate as well. Looking at the pics here I see the cut outs but I also don't see any mention of compatibility.

I sent you a PM.