Author Topic: What made you decide your username?  (Read 22832 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: What made you decide your username?
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 08:36:18 »
The real question now is, are YOU into ninja turtles ninjadoc?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 08:40:20 »
The real question now is, are YOU into ninja turtles ninjadoc?

I sleep with a ninja turtle blanket every night. No, I am not kidding.  :thumb:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 08:40:37 »
Back with there were bulletin boards you needed a "handle" for them. My son was into ninja turtles at the time and I'm a doctor so I combined the two. I use it everywhere and have for years.

Dang, I imagined you stealthily slipping into peoples houses and curing their ailments while they're unaware!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 08:51:38 »
Back with there were bulletin boards you needed a "handle" for them. My son was into ninja turtles at the time and I'm a doctor so I combined the two. I use it everywhere and have for years.

Dang, I imagined you stealthily slipping into peoples houses and curing their ailments while they're unaware!

Well he didn't say he doesn't do that...and after all, if he did (he does) would he really tell anyone? (he wouldn't)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:38:10 »
Couldn't think up a Nick when I registered to a forum for the first time, so I picked "Soulreaver" which was a game I played at that time, I thought it sounds cool (I was young...), but as this Nick was already taken I used "Soulhunter" (if taken -> "TheSoulhunter"). As I kept it for some time, and build up some "reputation" under that name, I had to keep it. Nowadays most of that reputation is gone, so I started to use a new Nick roughly 2 years ago... LordOctron. Octron was the brand name of some cheap CD-Rs I found in some bin some day, and I was like: Octron... sounds cool! Sounds like the name of some emperor villain in old scifi movies "Lord Octron the eperor of Planet Xorton 83". Later I decided to name my son (if I will have one) Octron Valerian (sounds cool, doesn't it? :3) and my GF is ok with that (in exchange for freedom regarding the name in case it will be a girl).
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:41:36 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:39:26 »
Double Post

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:43:04 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:04:56 »
Couldn't think up a Nick when I registered to a forum for the first time, so I picked "Soulreaver" which was a game I played at that time, I thought it sounds cool (I was young...), but as this Nick was already taken I used "Soulhunter" (if taken -> "TheSoulhunter"). As I kept it for some time, and build up some "reputation" under that name, I had to keep it. Nowadays most of that reputation is gone, so I started to use a new Nick roughly 2 years ago... LordOctron. Octron was the brand name of some cheap CD-Rs I found in some bin some day, and I was like: Octron... sounds cool! Sounds like the name of some emperor villain in old scifi movies "Lord Octron the eperor of Planet Xorton 83". Later I decided to name my son (if I will have one) Octron Valerian (sounds cool, doesn't it? :3) and my GF is ok with that (in exchange for freedom regarding the name in case it will be a girl).

All hail Lord Octron, ruler of cheap CD-Rs!  Interesting story about the name of your (future) son too, it sounds very menacing.   :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 22:13:25 »
Arise, this thread..

I was reading the many faces of GH and was wondering if there were any thread made about why you choose your username and a quick search helped me find this tread. So if you are new here, such as I am (relatively speaking), I'd be interested to know how in the world did you come up with your creative user name?

Mine was pretty unimaginative. My friends and I wanted to play AD&D pen and paper RPG and we had to create a character and come up with a user name. At that time, I just finished David Edding's Belgariad series. In that book, the wizards are disciple of a god and all of them are given the prefix Bel such as Belgarath, Belgarion, etc. My first name is Fong, so I took up Belfong and it has stuck since then.

What about yours?

Offline nobee

• Topre! Topre! Topre!
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 23:16:21 »
My nickname is "B". Last name sounds similar to (and commonly mispronounced) as "No". So...  No... Bee. Lol, not much to it. Just my last name and first initial pronounced backwards.
ReΛlforce 87U (55g)   Leopold FC660C (Silenced/Lubed)   Leopold 210TP MX Red   Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja MX Brown

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 01:56:22 »
Well, what happened was that I was abandoning an insanely stupid, embarrasing handle I'd used a lot, and won't say, so I started finding words that sounded like they rhymed, and I made them rhyme. paicrai was short and nice. I also have piecrie a few places, but turns out a lot of people use that, but at least I had a backup if one was taken  :p
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 03:14:36 »
Mine is a mix between my real name, Frederik and the name of the wolf son of Loke, Fenrir from Norse Mythology.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 03:46:28 »
Mine is a mix between my real name, Frederik and the name of the wolf son of Loke, Fenrir from Norse Mythology.

Which kinda ties in with your avatar, which reminds me of those 80s RPG games that were so cool :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 04:16:49 »
I got mine from an episode of Digimon Adventures years ago.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 04:20:41 »

Which kinda ties in with your avatar, which reminds me of those 80s RPG games that were so cool :)
Yeah, it has a great retro feel. If you're interested, it's made by pixel artist Richard Fhager.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 05:06:09 by Frenir »