Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2697066 times)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #6950 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 16:31:21 »
I want an MX Brobot to put on my Novatouch so bad.  Unfortunately, it has that square stem ( and I don't have any MX BBs :D ).

Has anyone tried putting one on a Novatouch?
NGT has already done that if I recall correctly he has his SO cut the stems to size
Yeah, this is the only person I've heard of doing it (successfully). Better off just getting a Topre slider and a Topre Bro IMO, easier and no risk involved.

I really like the square looking stem, but I hope that Bro does v3 BB with a cylindrical one.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6951 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 16:46:48 »
I want an MX Brobot to put on my Novatouch so bad.  Unfortunately, it has that square stem ( and I don't have any MX BBs :D ).

NGT has already done that if I recall correctly he has his SO cut the stems to size
Yeah, this is the only person I've heard of doing it (successfully). Better off just getting a Topre slider and a Topre Bro IMO, easier and no risk involved.

I really like the square looking stem, but I hope that Bro does v3 BB with a cylindrical one.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the topre to mx sliders Bunny is making already somehow has all this covered
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6952 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 16:49:27 »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the topre to mx sliders Bunny is making already somehow has all this covered

I would be, actually. I don't think there's enough physical space in the sleeve for the topre slider to have both a comfortably thick slider and a BB stem.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6953 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 19:26:24 »

I would be, actually. I don't think there's enough physical space in the sleeve for the topre slider to have both a comfortably thick slider and a BB stem.

Agreed, I think the stem on the cap would need to basically become part of the slider for this to work.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6954 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 20:46:35 »
As long as MX BBs have the square stem, it wouldn't work on a novatouch as you guys have said.

I have all topre BBs (unfortunately[but fortunate to have them]) and just swapped out a novatouch stem and put in a normal topre stem to use mine

So I hope the next versions have cylindrical stems

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6955 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 05:12:25 »

You are definitely right. I don't know if someone else did it. Here is a picture of the board as its current state:

You can see the lovely scoops on the F and J. Thanks Bunny and Cody for that.  :-*

For those wondering how the stems look like:

They are not all perfectly circular but they sit tight on the board. I could turn it upside down and shake it. They don't come off.

As long as MX BBs have the square stem, it wouldn't work on a novatouch as you guys have said.

I have all topre BBs (unfortunately[but fortunate to have them]) and just swapped out a novatouch stem and put in a normal topre stem to use mine

I did ask Bro for it but I didn't get any positive answers (nor negatives though). He didn't mention if that's what he intends to do. I guess the next sale will show that to us. It would be really nice indeed. Let's pray the Bro god. Perhaps if we have some virgins to sacrifice that could go a long way towards our goal, who knows ...

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline cooldiscretion

« Reply #6956 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 11:18:38 »

You are definitely right. I don't know if someone else did it. Here is a picture of the board as its current state:
Show Image

You can see the lovely scoops on the F and J. Thanks Bunny and Cody for that.  :-*

Show Image

They are not all perfectly circular but they sit tight on the board. I could turn it upside down and shake it. They don't come off.

I did ask Bro for it but I didn't get any positive answers (nor negatives though). He didn't mention if that's what he intends to do. I guess the next sale will show that to us. It would be really nice indeed. Let's pray the Bro god. Perhaps if we have some virgins to sacrifice that could go a long way towards our goal, who knows ...

Nice work, NGT!  Just curious, did you use an exacto blade or the Dremel? :D

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6957 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 11:35:38 »

Dam I love that pharoh reaper!

Show Image

Show Image

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6958 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 13:02:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Actually I'm not the one who did it. I asked my girlfriend as she's a foot doctor so she has the tool for it. I think she used something like that:

It looks like a dental drill pretty much. I could ask her more precisions. She basically just sand down the edge of the squared housing stem in order to make it more circular. If people are interested we could perhaps organize something for her to mod them for you (not entirely sure though, I would have to talk to her first :) )

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6959 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 13:04:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Actually I'm not the one who did it. I asked my girlfriend as she's a foot doctor so she has the tool for it. I think she used something like that:
Show Image

It looks like a dental drill pretty much. I could ask her more precisions. She basically just sand down the edge of the squared housing stem in order to make it more circular. If people are interested we could perhaps organize something for her to mod them for you (not entirely sure though, I would have to talk to her first :) )

Yikes!  Can't imagine what she does to people's feet with that thing!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline cooldiscretion

« Reply #6960 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 13:05:59 »
Show Image

First things first.  I need to acquire an MX BB v2.

This was just something I had thought of after recently getting a Novatouch. 

BTW, girls with powertools are hot.  Also, getting girls to mod your keycaps is even hotter.  :thumb:

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #6961 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 13:06:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is she a reflexologist?

Offline funks

« Reply #6962 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:06:07 »

Nooo I just realized that I can't get MX Brobots because I too am a Novatoucher... They're so beautiful :(
Novatouch TKL
IBM Model M (1391401)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6963 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:30:17 »
i need therapy for missing out on that snowmando on reddit

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #6964 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:33:22 »
i need therapy for missing out on that snowmando on reddit

I just missed the white reaper

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:35:27 by nickheller »

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6965 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:37:31 »
I just missed out on those as well...the one time I didnt refresh

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6966 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:40:50 »
What is this the apocalypse people selling items for a fair price Whaaaat and on reddit no less, progress people we are moving onwards
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #6967 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:41:08 »

Im right there with you Baron, i sit around and refresh 98% of my day. Missed it by just a few minutes.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6968 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:44:16 »

Im right there with you Baron, i sit around and refresh 98% of my day. Missed it by just a few minutes.

It's like once every month someone has a blow out sale like that. I did manage to get a Bloodshot Zombro out of it. So it wasnt a complete loss. But I really wanted that Reaper and Snowmando.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #6969 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:45:31 »

It's like once every month someone has a blow out sale like that. I did manage to get a Bloodshot Zombro out of it. So it wasnt a complete loss. But I really wanted that Reaper and Snowmando.

Oh yea, that reaper is one of my favorite bros. I messaged only a minute or two after you posted but i havent heard anything quite yet.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6970 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:49:46 »

Oh yea, that reaper is one of my favorite bros. I messaged only a minute or two after you posted but i havent heard anything quite yet.

Yeah his inbox is probably destroyed  :D

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #6971 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:14:17 »
Checking in for therapy. I swear I must have checked reddit about 5 minutes too early to catch that awesome sale. A Topre three kings v2 for retail  :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: Can't believe I missed it.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6972 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:24:55 »
sorry for breaking your guys' heart but I picked up the reaper and the three kings bbv2. It's gonna be my very first brobot and reaper so I'm pretty excited!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Sn0_Man

« Reply #6973 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:26:02 »
sorry for breaking your guys' heart but I picked up the reaper and the three kings bbv2. It's gonna be my very first brobot and reaper so I'm pretty excited!
Well i'm pretty jealous but good for you
I'm in the boat you were 2 hours ago :P
Pok3r w/Clears & blank PBT

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6974 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:31:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yikes!  Can't imagine what she does to people's feet with that thing!

It is just to remove the old skin from the foot.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is she a reflexologist?

She is a podiatrist.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6975 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:31:55 »

Hey that's good. Makes me feel a little bit better haha!

But right when I got in the thread there were 9 replies. I was way late for those.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #6976 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 17:31:18 »

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #6977 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 17:42:24 »

More power to ya.

Gratz

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6978 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 18:44:45 »
yayyyyy aznair congrats buddy creeping and reaping  :)) you snatched up a glow in the dark reaper so freaking awesome
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6979 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:03:31 »
I feel so out of the loop, someone had a sale on reddit?  :eek:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6980 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:05:22 »

I guess.  They pop up frequently on Reddit at insanely inflated prices, then they go and ***** about how caps are so expensive and marked up that they have go and buy counterfeits and how it's all GH's fault.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6981 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:11:05 »

I guess.  They pop up frequently on Reddit at insanely inflated prices, then they go and ***** about how caps are so expensive and marked up that they have go and buy counterfeits and how it's all GH's fault.

This guy sold them for retail

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6982 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:15:06 »

Wow, that's surprising in a good way.  I'm not used to that happening over there.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6983 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:18:19 »

Wow, that's surprising in a good way.  I'm not used to that happening over there.

Yep doesnt happen often that's for sure. By the time I got there all the good Bro V2s were gone. Snowmando V2 and the reaper were the ones I was after.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6984 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:26:03 »

Slight mark up but definitely not overblown like other sales.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #6985 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:30:27 »

Your right he did mark up the Bros slightly. I thought the Zombros were pretty close though. Seems like he just wanted to empty his collection as quickly as possible.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:33:04 by ImDaBaron »

Offline minTea

« Reply #6986 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:33:07 »

Congrats Aznair! :) You were a bit quicker than the rest of us haha. :) Glad to see they went to someone who needed the love!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6987 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:35:36 »

Your right he did mark up the Bros slightly. I thought the Zombros were pretty close though. Seems like he just wanted to empty his collection as quickly as possible.

The Zombros were close and yes it seems that way.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #6988 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:35:53 »
It's official guys.  I think I lost my steel BroBot.  Haven't been able to find it for months.  RIP.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6989 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 01:37:29 »

It's official guys.  I think I lost my steel BroBot.  Haven't been able to find it for months.  RIP.
Maybe it transformed into a cup? Or dice?

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #6990 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 01:48:07 »

Pour some out for lost bros.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #6991 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:33:46 »

Show Image

Pour some out for lost bros.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6992 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 10:03:45 »
Would like to Q Q that I'm going to miss this sale as I'm now going on hols :c I only wanted the nebulus bro, can you postpone it until the 2nd of July please :c

;-;

Please :c
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #6993 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 12:26:39 »
Would like to Q Q that I'm going to miss this sale as I'm now going on hols :c I only wanted the nebulus bro, can you postpone it until the 2nd of July please :c

;-;

Please :c

*warm loving hug* I'll be gone from the 20th to the 11th of July so I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6994 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:22:09 »
has the sale date been officially announced yet? cant find any info oO

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6995 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:27:52 »
has the sale date been officially announced yet? cant find any info oO

No sale date yet. It will be posted on Bro's Official Sale Thread once it goes live.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6996 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:40:55 »
sometime next week maybe, given bunny's timeline for ctrlalt v2.

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6997 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:30:50 »
oh right... that could be a good indicator ^^

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6998 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 09:07:36 »
Or Independance Day sale. Fireworks. Cosmos. See?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6999 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 12:33:32 »
In Turkey got internet =D sale can go forward
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More