Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129783 times)

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 12:07:47 »
new YOTS video on youtube:

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 12:09:41 »
I wanted the YOTS version when it had purple backlighting. It looked amazing with the aluminum finish and the purple lights. Now that it only comes in white I just bought the shine 3 with purple lights.

Offline bahamot

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 20:45:55 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:06:35 »
Someone already got his YOTS:http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1jy6nr/ducky_year_of_the_snake_dk9008s3_279999/
So lucky of him  ...

Man... If desoldering LED's wasn't so much work, I'd buy that thing so fast...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:18:21 »
Someone already got his YOTS:http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1jy6nr/ducky_year_of_the_snake_dk9008s3_279999/
So lucky of him  ...

Oh the humanity, why would you do such a thing?

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:36:25 »
Hs anyone got their shine 3 shipping info from MK? I thought they were supposed to ship them all out by today but I haven't heard anything.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 21:40:26 »
So lucky of him  ...

Oh the humanity, why would you do such a thing?
(Attachment Link)

:)) :)) :)) Because I'd like a metal case full-size keyboard :P The keycaps would have to go though :))

Offline jameslr

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:03:11 »
Hs anyone got their shine 3 shipping info from MK? I thought they were supposed to ship them all out by today but I haven't heard anything.

I got my shipping confirmation yesterday afternoon. Should be here Saturday :)
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline lyrill

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:37:57 »
These are selling out quick. Blue and purple LED and blue switches are gone. Anyone got their shipping notice yet? I was expecting mine.

i find it really hilarious that people like the blues the most, and the reds with purple leds... until i see it i won't go out of my way to buy something that exotic

Offline tns

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:56:01 »
Just got it from the Taiwanese store

edit : by the way there is only 40 limited units in taiwan
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 11:16:12 by tns »

Offline tns

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:07:37 »
Then here comes the bad part TT...

Well was wondering if it was a manufactured problem or... a delivery problem...

EDIT : haha nevermind it's a new feature I didn't know XDDDDD
SORRY!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:33:48 by tns »

Offline bahamot

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 12:09:13 »
tns, what's the weight of the YOTS? Does it really feel heavier than standard Ducky Shine?

edit: what's the switch?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 12:13:49 by bahamot »

Offline jameslr

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 12:29:32 »

SORRY!

Nice! Thanks for sharing tns! I'm jealous!

Offline tns

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:34:49 »
tns, what's the weight of the YOTS? Does it really feel heavier than standard Ducky Shine?

Hmm I can't tell atm, but it feels heavier than my Filco MJ2, and of course my Duckies TKLs...
maybe 1.5 or 1.7 x Filco MJ2 don't really know because I did not bring my Filco in Taiwan haha
I'll go watch tomorrow ;)

my YotS #631 is blue switches, as well as #632 (they told me which number I wanted, they only got 2 blues)

SORRY!

Nice! Thanks for sharing tns! I'm jealous!
And now I am disturbed for an only shiny keycap layout x'D
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:38:07 by tns »

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:57:57 »
How do you set it up to illuminate all the keys?

Offline tns

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:26:28 »
How do you set it up to illuminate all the keys?
Fn + F9, to see how fast is the key repetition, I didn't know there was LEDs to show the level

NOTE :
And talking about showing the levels on the keyboard, you can't see the level or Red, Green, Blue for the space bar, then when you plug out plug in, it resets

Offline tns

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 00:29:14 »

1,420 Kg

Offline bahamot

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 00:53:05 »
1,420 Kg
Only 20gram heavier than the plastic top cover...
Oh well, it looks nice though.  ;D

Thanks.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 00:57:37 »
Any way to get F2-F4 and F6-F8 to all light up at the same time? Or are these only used to display the Delay/Rate modes?

Offline tns

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 02:13:51 »
Any way to get F2-F4 and F6-F8 to all light up at the same time? Or are these only used to display the Delay/Rate modes?
You can choose to display your key repetition level or not... not means : F2 to F4 & F6 to F8 light up

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:46:53 »

1,420 Kg

In Australia that would read as nearly one and a half tonnes! :eek:

It's the comma that does it.  But is is about 1 1/5 Kg - ok.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Phillip_J_Fry

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 04:54:30 »

1,420 Kg

may be 1 and 1/2 ? o.O

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 05:16:25 »

1,420 Kg

may be 1 and 1/2 ? o.O

Oops, yes, sorry, I've jus gone from HHKB to Model M and the layout is still confusing me ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Phillip_J_Fry

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 05:27:07 »

1,420 Kg

may be 1 and 1/2 ? o.O

Oops, yes, sorry, I've jus gone from HHKB to Model M and the layout is still confusing me ;)

:) it's okay 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 06:47:40 »

1,420 Kg

may be 1 and 1/2 ? o.O

:) it's okay 

"jus gone" - see - did it again :))

Offline Invaderscs

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 08:35:02 »

I believe its Fn+F9

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 08:56:33 »
I believe its Fn+F9

That did it! Thanks - and now I see where that's detailed in the manual.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 17:50:12 »
WOW am I disapointed! Just got my Shine 3. I ordered Purple LEDs with blue  switches. Ducky aparently made a HOT Pink version (like crazy pink not like slightly off purple) and they sent me that instead it is discusting. Wow it is ugly. This photo doesn't do justice to just how pink this is. I'm having barbie vs GI Joe battle flashbacks from my childhood.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 August 2013, 17:53:11 by BlueByLiquid »

Offline jameslr

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 19:53:41 »
Here's mine with Blue LEDs. Looks a lot better than the purple. I'm sorta glad they messed up my order. I initially ordered purple.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #279 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 19:59:30 »
So did the colors just not translate maybe?

Offline jameslr

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:07:01 »
no clue, but that definitely looks pink to me.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:14:41 »
I really like this board, but I have had some weird problems with it so far. On reactive mode - I pressed Fn + right arrow to adjust the timing, and the keyboard crashed. LEDs went totally blank, and was unresponsive. I had to reboot to get it back (yes I tried unplugging it and re-plugging it in). The keyboard is plugged directly into the computer, and not into a hub. I'm running Windows 8 x64 on an i7 2600k w/ 16 GB of RAM. Custom built PC. Never had a keyboard crash before.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:17:31 »
WOW am I disapointed! Just got my Shine 3. I ordered Purple LEDs with blue  switches. Ducky aparently made a HOT Pink version (like crazy pink not like slightly off purple) and they sent me that instead it is discusting. Wow it is ugly. This photo doesn't do justice to just how pink this is. I'm having barbie vs GI Joe battle flashbacks from my childhood.

Show Image

There is always a lot of confusion between pink and purple.  Getting LED colours just right is tricky, and many boards with purple look pink, and with pink look purple.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:32:00 »

Show Image

I think Ducky Shine IIs were like this as well. I got a White LED Shine III and am liking it so far. The white is a very 'cool' white (blue-ish) as opposed to the warmer white on my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:58:10 by bigsid05 »

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:46:10 »

Show Image

I think Ducky Shine IIs were like this as well.

The ducky shine IIs didn't come in purple they specifically came in pink according to duckys website.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #285 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:57:54 »

Show Image

I think Ducky Shine IIs were like this as well.

The ducky shine IIs didn't come in purple they specifically came in pink according to duckys website.

Interesting. I assume you purchased it from MK.com? Maybe they can do something to help out. That is pretty clearly not purple in those pictures.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 22:09:21 »

The ducky shine IIs didn't come in purple they specifically came in pink according to ducky's website.

Interesting. I assume you purchased it from MK.com? Maybe they can do something to help out. That is pretty clearly not purple in those pictures.
[/quote]

Yes I purchased it from MK.com I have an email in to them so hopefully they will do something but I'm guessing ducky just didn't make them with purple LEDs. At someones request I started a separate thread just to let people know like me who wouldn't have ordered it if they weren't going to be purple but its still awaiting approval.
It is just very strange as all ducky's videos have clearly shown a purple LED color and not pink so it is very weird that they would do this at the last minute. I know it is harder to get dark purple LEDs so I was excited when I saw these. You would think they would just sell it as pink if they couldn't actually get purple LEDs.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 22:12:42 »

Show Image

There is always a lot of confusion between pink and purple.  Getting LED colours just right is tricky, and many boards with purple look pink, and with pink look purple.

Thats what I said this is NOT as case of getting slightly off. These are SOLID pink like bubble gum. there is not hint of purple. The biggest shock is they clearly had actually purple LEDs because all the boards demoed up until this point were actually purple so they have changed LEDs they are using.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 02:18:19 »

1,420 Kg

Damn that's a keyboard the weight of an elephant
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:14:18 »

1,420 Kg

Heh, yeah, that's what I said, sorta ;)

Offline tns

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:15:34 »

1。420 Kg
here we go haha xD

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:27:14 »
Has there been any information about the release dates on the YotS, the Mini and the TKL version yet?
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:29:28 »
Has there been any information about the release dates on the YotS, the Mini and the TKL version yet?

Several people have got theirs already, so I guess they are already available in some places.

You'd probably have to consult your local retailer to find out.

Offline BlueByLiquid

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:29:39 »
I weighed the shine 3 for reference and it is 1161grams. So its much much lighter. It may be these sissy pink lights that are making it so light though. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:36:49 by BlueByLiquid »

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 04:14:57 »

Several people have got theirs already, so I guess they are already available in some places.

LOL I dont have such a thing as a local retailer sorry. I do all my keyboard shopping online so I just need to wait for MK or Qtan to get them.
Thanks for the advise though :)
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline tns

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:15:38 »

LOL I dont have such a thing as a local retailer sorry. I do all my keyboard shopping online so I just need to wait for MK or Qtan to get them.
I heard mini might be there around september...

But since TKL and 60% are not that popular in Taiwan... I guess the majority of the deliveries will be for online stores

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:30:18 »

But since TKL and 60% are not that popular in Taiwan... I guess the majority of the deliveries will be for online stores
Isn't that good for everyone outside Taiwan, since we get more boards ?
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline tns

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:51:01 »

Haha sorry I used the word "but" without thinking of the meaning xD

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:58:34 »

Haha sorry I used the word "but" without thinking of the meaning xD
Haha alright :D
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline kingsoul

« Reply #299 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 16:06:23 »
Could people with red/green/orange/white leds post some photos please ?