Author Topic: 2018 Ducky (One 2, Shine 7) build quality - compared to Leopold/Filco  (Read 3077 times)

Offline FurudoErika

Hello there,

I'm very new to this so I'm sorry if what I'm asking is stupid. I've been trying to decide on a board for some time now, and for me there are two very different aspects I'm looking for. One aspect is build quality, and everywhere I look, the general consensus of the community is that Leopold is the absolute king, with brands like Filco, Durgod, Varmilo and some others being very close. Another aspect is RGB lighting and metal casing. I've looked at iKBC and Ducky Shine 7 models, they look relatively good, both of them. However, when googling about Ducky, I found a lot of discussions ranging from 2012 to 2016 about Ducky, which paint this company in a light that... well, simply put, it seems like a lot of people consider Ducky to be in the same club as Razer, Corsair and brands like that, not in the 'big boys club'.

But I haven't found that much discussions about the most recent, 2017-2018 Ducky. It's almost as if a lot of people lost faith in them and simply stopped caring at all. So I thought that maybe asking here might give me some idea about where does Shine 7 stand compared to flagman models (TKL or full-size, not that important for me, I just really need the F keys available without FN) of Leopold/Filco in terms of build quality. I know that Ducky caps are very good and apparently are more than comparable to Leo's, but what about everything else?

These questions are the last things standing between my final choice that currently comes down to iKBC MF108/MF87, Ducky Shine 7, Leopold FC750R and one of the Filco boards. Thanks in advance.