Author Topic: [IC] GMK Prepress - Group Buy starts July 15, 2020! -Updated: Prices-  (Read 54100 times)

Offline rondg

Re: [IC] GMK Prepress - MAJOR Revisions Mar 10, 2020
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 08:33:37 »

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 08:53:47 »
Love the color way, particularly with the neon fade kit. Any chance for 40% support on this?

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 09:16:31 »
Love the color way, particularly with the neon fade kit. Any chance for 40% support on this?

This is old render with old (Pantone) colors,
don't have any new renders yet with the new (RAL) colors :)

Offline cryworm

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:10:49 »
I am interested in this set. I would be 100% in if there was a set that included mods that were the same grey color as the alphas.

I think the way that Taro R2 is doing it is perfect. Anyone can have any combination of light or dark alphas, with light or dark mods.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:40:32 »
Show Image

I see some issues and have some suggestions regarding the base kit:
  • There's a duplicate 1.75u Shift key. One of them should be changed to an extra 2.25u Shift (used in 66-key layouts).
  • There's a 1.5u Shift key. I'm assuming this isn't intentional and that it's supposed to be a 1.25u Shift for ISO.
  • The other ISO keys, as it currently stands, are inconsistent. If you're going for baseline ISO support, I suggest removing R3 #~, R4 \| and adding a R4 <> instead. That way you get basic ISO support (ISO enter, 1.25u Shift, R3 \|, R4 <>) with no duplicate legends.
  • Add R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to help cover popular 65%/75% right column options. Most GMK sets nowadays have these keys.
  • I think one stepped R3 1.75u key is enough since both of them have novelty legends. Stepped Process, for example, could be used for both Caps Lock and Control. I suggest keeping that key and removing stepped Upper↲Case, especially since the latter is the only two-line legend in the set.
  • This is down to personal preference, but I suggest using 1u Scroll instead of 1u Lock.
  • I presume one set of F, J, 5 is supposed to be barred and the other scooped. In the current render most of them look like regular, flat 1u keys.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 20:13:06 »
Show Image

I see some issues and have some suggestions regarding the base kit:
  • There's a duplicate 1.75u Shift key. One of them should be changed to an extra 2.25u Shift (used in 66-key layouts).
  • There's a 1.5u Shift key. I'm assuming this isn't intentional and that it's supposed to be a 1.25u Shift for ISO.
  • The other ISO keys, as it currently stands, are inconsistent. If you're going for baseline ISO support, I suggest removing R3 #~, R4 \| and adding a R4 <> instead. That way you get basic ISO support (ISO enter, 1.25u Shift, R3 \|, R4 <>) with no duplicate legends.
  • Add R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to help cover popular 65%/75% right column options. Most GMK sets nowadays have these keys.
  • I think one stepped R3 1.75u key is enough since both of them have novelty legends. Stepped Process, for example, could be used for both Caps Lock and Control. I suggest keeping that key and removing stepped Upper↲Case, especially since the latter is the only two-line legend in the set.
  • This is down to personal preference, but I suggest using 1u Scroll instead of 1u Lock.
  • I presume one set of F, J, 5 is supposed to be barred and the other scooped. In the current render most of them look like regular, flat 1u keys.

1-5. Yep I am aware of the double 1,75u, will change one to 2,25u (not 2u) and adding 1,25u since I included ISO key.  Also the missing keys will be completed ASAP. 
7. They are supposed to be homing and scooped F&J.

I am interested in this set. I would be 100% in if there was a set that included mods that were the same grey color as the alphas.

I think the way that Taro R2 is doing it is perfect. Anyone can have any combination of light or dark alphas, with light or dark mods.

Noted, thanks!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 02:14:20 »
03/11/2020

Core kit render updated with more robust keys for compatibilities
- 2.00, 1.25, 2.25u shift (Mount) keys
- R3 and R4 PgUp & PgDn keys for 65-66-75% layout
- Grey legend on black R1 Esc key

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 02:32:14 »
Could you add a child kit that includes black on gray modifers (same color with alphas)?

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 09:12:21 »
Could you add a child kit that includes black on gray modifers (same color with alphas)?

I don't think I can right now, sry!

Offline SryImBadAtNaming

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 10:36:58 »
I just wanted to ask a few questions, how do you add ISO keycaps and a stepped caps lock in Blender and how do you edit/add text on the keycaps? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2020, 10:40:19 by SryImBadAtNaming »

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 20:33:44 »

Show Image

This is old render with old (Pantone) colors,
don't have any new renders yet with the new (RAL) colors :)

I hadn't seen the 1.25 shift added to the base kit. Any chance you could add 1.25 enter key on this? it's pretty crucial for a good amount of 40%ers.

Also, an extra B (maybe alternate color?) would be fantastic for Alice-likes or other similar layouts.

Thanks!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 03:54:10 »
Quote from: i luv chuletas
I hadn't seen the 1.25 shift added to the base kit. Any chance you could add 1.25 enter key on this? it's pretty crucial for a good amount of 40%ers.

Also, an extra B (maybe alternate color?) would be fantastic for Alice-likes or other similar layouts.

Thanks!

There is a 1,25 shift on the base/core set.
As for 1,25 enter key and B for split/40-likes, they might* be in the Overruns kit

*might be no 40s & split kit at all, but stay tuned!

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 17:16:16 »
Shame the Poster kit was nuked. That was pretty unique and cool looking.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 21:47:01 »

Noooo where did you hear that?
Poster kit is not nuked. It's undergoing revision (I will try to reveal a.s.a.p).

Offline poolside

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 07:19:56 »
The Approved legend seems to be the only one using past participle form. Shouldn't this be changed to Approve to match the other novelty legends?

Offline mutthunt

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 08:03:46 »
Added this to my watchlist a while back as it was an interesting idea, and the more I look at it the more I really do love it; and this coming from someone who jumped straight on Handarbeit. I will have to see if I can scavenge the money together for it.

The approve/approved thing I only noticed now, don't think it matters much

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 13:12:00 »

Noooo where did you hear that?
Poster kit is not nuked. It's undergoing revision (I will try to reveal a.s.a.p).

Just saw it under "old kits" and thought it was dead. Glad it's still on though! Beautiful set.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 07:23:34 »
The approve/approved thing I only noticed now, don't think it matters much

I've been wondering the same thing too before finally decide that Approved is more like it.

Just saw it under "old kits" and thought it was dead. Glad it's still on though! Beautiful set.

Thanks! Glad you like the set!

The Approved legend seems to be the only one using past participle form. Shouldn't this be changed to Approve to match the other novelty legends?

No, I don't think it should be changed to "Approve" (verb).
Someone mentioned in IC form feedback that he doesn't like "Unpublish" (Backspace). That key is actually the one I'm still not convinced yet, anything else seems already perfect and aligned with the set.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 19:02:57 »
Quote from: i luv chuletas

Thanks!

There is a 1,25 shift on the base/core set.
As for 1,25 enter key and B for split/40-likes, they might* be in the Overruns kit

*might be no 40s & split kit at all, but stay tuned!

Don't break my heart by saying they won't be in there  :'(

Looking forward to this set man, you're on to something. Not usually into different row coloring but i REALLY dig how this all plays together with the poster kit.

Offline mutthunt

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 05:50:29 »
Someone mentioned in IC form feedback that he doesn't like "Unpublish" (Backspace). That key is actually the one I'm still not convinced yet, anything else seems already perfect and aligned with the set.

Yeah, thinking logically, unpublish does sound a bit clunky..
Retract? Redraft? Alter? I'm not really sure what would be an appropriate fit to keep the theme strong

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 07:23:28 »
Yeah, thinking logically, unpublish does sound a bit clunky..
Retract? Redraft? Alter? I'm not really sure what would be an appropriate fit to keep the theme strong

• Alterate
  • Correction
  • Retouch
  • Scratch Off
  • Knockout
  • Unpublish
  • Recalibrate

These are the list of words and somehow I preferred Unpublish over the others.

Don't break my heart by saying they won't be in there  :'(

Looking forward to this set man, you're on to something. Not usually into different row coloring but i REALLY dig how this all plays together with the poster kit.

Thanks! Will try my best not to break anyone's expectations but let's see!

Offline mutthunt

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 19:01:40 »
Correction and Retouch seem more appropriate in my mind, but I won't speak for everyone, I can survive with Unpublish

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 16:20:49 »
Gorgeous Color Scheme. Interested on how the mousepad will look. Also hope to see a matching spacecable.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 17:46:52 »
Correction and Retouch seem more appropriate in my mind, but I won't speak for everyone, I can survive with Unpublish

I agree.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 21:51:30 »
Obviously this is your set, your design, etc. But did you consider using stock GMK colors? This looks an awful lot like 2B, N9, MG1 (magenta), CV (yellow), and TU2 (cyan). Going with stock colors gives you 100 less MOQ, meaning you can drop the price at 250 MOQ, or add more keys to the base kit, or leave more room for custom legends, etc. Plus using stock grays makes it easy to mix with other sets if you want.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Ozzie808

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 15:52:40 »
Created a geekback account specifically to comment and follow this keycap set.

I absolutely love the old render "Prepress with Poster extras."

I would definitely buy if the base kit if the poster colors/keys are part of it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2020, 15:54:20 by Ozzie808 »

Offline kioskhill45

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 01:27:29 »
Sorry for being impatient, but is this still being worked on? It's just been a little silent recently.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 07:56:53 »
Sorry for being impatient, but is this still being worked on? It's just been a little silent recently.

You have every right to be impatient. The set is still being worked on :)
I've been silent because i don't want to announce only little changes as I am preparing to finalise the kit.

That being said, In the next couple weeks I will try to provide every finalised kit renders that's going to be sent to vendor (and to GMK to get a quote).

It's going to be Correction. Unpublished will be scratched off.

Obviously this is your set, your design, etc. But did you consider using stock GMK colors? This looks an awful lot like 2B, N9, MG1 (magenta), CV (yellow), and TU2 (cyan). Going with stock colors gives you 100 less MOQ, meaning you can drop the price at 250 MOQ, or add more keys to the base kit, or leave more room for custom legends, etc. Plus using stock grays makes it easy to mix with other sets if you want.

Yes, I have. This is 2B compared with the color I chose:

Created a geekback account specifically to comment and follow this keycap set.

I absolutely love the old render "Prepress with Poster extras."

I would definitely buy if the base kit if the poster colors/keys are part of it.

Thank you, stay tuned in next couple weeks!  :thumb:

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 02:16:37 »
Hi, a bit of update: Slight delay on revealing all the final kits' renders.
Meanwhile, a render - w/ few novelties and Yellow Enter Artisan Keycap (probably be an individual key made w/ aluminium(?))
on blue case TGR Jane v2

Offline Ozzie808

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 07:55:20 »
Hi, a bit of update: Slight delay on revealing all the final kits' renders.
Meanwhile, a render - w/ few novelties and Yellow Enter Artisan Keycap (probably be an individual key made w/ aluminium(?))
on blue case TGR Jane v2

Show Image

Thanks for the update and render! Definitely looking forward to the poster rendering.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
A bit of spoiler
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 07:37:35 »
Hi guys,

I can't show you much at this moment but here goes the render of poster alphas:

Still in process of finalizing the kit before asking manufacturer for kit price quotation (by vendor), will post all the newest kit renders and a new keyboard render hopefully soon!

Offline Lenux

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 03:01:21 »
Really looking forward to see it happen !

I love the color and aesthetic :)

Hope to see more renders soon. Good luck ;)

Offline n.rdy

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 03:13:14 »
I really dig this!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Re: [IC] GMK Prepress - UPDATE Jun 19 ±90% Finalized kits
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 23:49:10 »
Finalized kits are up. Please check first post of the thread.
Board render w/ finalized kit will follow around next week.

Really looking forward to see it happen !
I love the color and aesthetic :)
Hope to see more renders soon. Good luck ;)

I really dig this!

Thanks for the support!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Prepress - UPDATE Jun 19 ±90% Finalized kits & Vendors
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 06:13:12 »

1-5. Yep I am aware of the double 1,75u, will change one to 2,25u (not 2u) and adding 1,25u since I included ISO key.  Also the missing keys will be completed ASAP.

Any chance of R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn at this point? I thought they were going to be added in the latest update (see above post).

Numpad 00 and R3 \| can be dropped to make room for these. There's definitely no need for two R3 ISO keys in this case, and numpad 00 is rarely used nowadays (check other sets, you'll see that not many of them include it).

As I mentioned in the GMK Hammerhead thread, since these are the same rows and key sizes (R3 \| → R3 PgUp, R4 00 → R4 PgDn), this change should not affect quotes/pricing from GMK.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:12:51 by konstantin »

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
New Renders are up!
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:51:41 »
New renders are up! Board: Satisfaction 75.

Thanks to Abec13 for the beautiful renders!

Offline Ozzie808

Re: New Renders are up!
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 12:04:24 »
New renders are up! Board: Satisfaction 75.

Thanks to Abec13 for the beautiful renders!

*heavy breathing*

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 12:11:31 »
This looks great, but anyone who's into the original concept for this is going to have to pay an arm and a leg due to gmk kitting :(

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 04:04:17 »
This looks great, but anyone who's into the original concept for this is going to have to pay an arm and a leg due to gmk kitting :(

Thanks! It's hard to cater everyone's expectations but let's hope for the best!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 13:02:28 »
This is one of the sets I really want. Sure there's a bunch of great looking sets up and coming but this resides in personal history. absolutely gotta get this here!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Re: [IC] GMK Prepress - Group Buy starts July 15, 2020! -Updated: Prices-
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 01:42:51 »
Update July 7, 2020:

- Prices are up!

Just got manufacturer quote today:

Base kit $149.99
Separation $49.99
Poster Alphas $69.99
Novelties $59.99
Tradition $34.99
Overruns $29.99

MOQ for Base kit: 250 kits
The rest of the kit: 100 kits

- GB date is set: July 15, 2020

- Still in progress: Waiting for Asia vendor's reply

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 07:23:54 »
Those prices are quite high. I'm surprised the vendors are okay with that. I suggest postponing the GB and sorting it out, especially if you don't even have an Asian vendor yet.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 08:58:15 »
Those prices are quite high. I'm surprised the vendors are okay with that. I suggest postponing the GB and sorting it out, especially if you don't even have an Asian vendor yet.
If you look at the kitting, you can see there are many new moulds that have to be made. That and everything being priced at lowest MOQ in case vendors have to buy out some kits

Honestly, I'm surprised that the base kit isn't higher given how many new moulds there are and with pretty good compatibility on top, hope this set succeeds come Group Buy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2020, 09:02:19 by Agilr »

Offline Ozzie808

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 10:14:12 »
Update July 7, 2020:

- Prices are up!

Just got manufacturer quote today:

Base kit $149.99
Separation $49.99
Poster Alphas $69.99
Novelties $59.99
Tradition $34.99
Overruns $29.99

MOQ for Base kit: 250 kits
The rest of the kit: 100 kits

- GB date is set: July 15, 2020

- Still in progress: Waiting for Asia vendor's reply

WOW IT'S HAPPENING! Thank you for your continuous work through these difficult times, I was legit scared this project was going to get scrapped.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 12:49:18 »
Agilr, totally agree. Moridin's Lunar also had a pile of new moulds and it was 160? Space theme does sell kits tho. 500 MOQ gets it down much lower (Oblotzky's ASCII, GMK Masterpiece at 130) but this is...pretty good.

Gotta advertise (pun intended) a lot as there's 15 sets already this month tho

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 21:49:52 »
Asia vendor is up: zFrontier

Accessories:
- Deskmats (2 designs)
- Keyboard sleeves by u/yasintahir (https://ycpkeyboards.id)

TBA (still waiting for reply): RAMA Artisan keycap

Offline dennismdc

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 04:54:00 »
This will be my very first GMK keycap set.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 22:05:22 »
Jul 13 Update:

Artisan:
- No Rama Artisans

Accessories:
- Deskmat: 2 Design
- Keyboard sleeves: 4 sizes (60-65%/TKL/96/Fullsize)

M011Y renders are up!

Offline Yehuo.

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 20:38:02 »
Why doesn't space kit have colorful 7U

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 20:20:57 »
GB is live! I have created [GB] page under Group Buys & Preorders pending approval, this page will no longer accepting suggestions/comments I believe.

Grab yours here:

US: Kono Store
EU: MyKeyboards.eu
Oceania: Daily Clack
Asia: zFrontier(EN)
China: zFrontier(CHN)