Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3515926 times)

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #12000 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 19:54:17 »
I have acquired a Phantom style TKL plate (after a LOT of searching) and have Gaterons and springs in on the way. Should I put the plate in my Filco or is there a "better" option around/on the horizon that I should save the TKL plate for?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12001 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 19:55:32 »
I have acquired a Phantom style TKL plate (after a LOT of searching) and have Gaterons and springs in on the way. Should I put the plate in my Filco or is there a "better" option around/on the horizon that I should save the TKL plate for?

I mean TKL is a really popular layout so there's a very good chance something cool will come out.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #12002 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 19:58:16 »

I mean TKL is a really popular layout so there's a very good chance something cool will come out.

I'm not super familiar with custom boards. I'd love something like a KMAC. Do customs generally come with plates that allow switch top removal? If not do you think there is a good possibility that the phantom plate would fit into such a custom?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12003 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:01:57 »
I'm not super familiar with custom boards. I'd love something like a KMAC.

1) Do customs generally come with plates that allow switch top removal?
2) If not do you think there is a good possibility that the phantom plate would fit into such a custom?

1) Many Korean customs don't allow for switch top removal because they feel that it feels more solid to keep the switch holes square.
2) Um...I don't know. I know that the Phantom PCB was specifically designed to fit in a Filco case. I believe my TKL plate will fit in a Leopold but I don't know about customs.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12004 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:02:22 »

I'm not super familiar with custom boards. I'd love something like a KMAC. Do customs generally come with plates that allow switch top removal? If not do you think there is a good possibility that the phantom plate would fit into such a custom?
So there are two TKL customs coming up for GB soon, the Orion V2 and the Hubble Mira. Both come with a plate. I think that's pretty normal.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #12005 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:52:56 »
More
Why leeku pcb not working on 64 bit?

Mine works fine for me

Can you show me?

Um, I mean I can take a picture of aquakeytest for you but I just plugged mine in and it had the basic firmware loaded. And my leeku is at work so you'd have to wait. I'm not sure how else I can help since I've never had any problems with it.
I am very stupid, my bad. I forgot restart my computer after I connected PS2. Lol  :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12006 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:55:17 »
More

Mine works fine for me

Can you show me?

Um, I mean I can take a picture of aquakeytest for you but I just plugged mine in and it had the basic firmware loaded. And my leeku is at work so you'd have to wait. I'm not sure how else I can help since I've never had any problems with it.
I am very stupid, my bad. I forgot restart my computer after I connected PS2. Lol  :p

But I love easy fixes! No need to feel stupid! Glad it's working :)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #12007 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:58:59 »
More

Mine works fine for me

Can you show me?

But I love easy fixes! No need to feel stupid! Glad it's working :)

Yes. I am very happy because it is working. Anyway, thanks.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #12008 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 01:05:39 »
Has anyone done a group buy with Unicomp for a set of custom legends caps?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12009 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 05:05:00 »

Hey guys, so yesterday I asked if I could test the smd led's on my nerd TKL with a power bank but when I tried none of the lights turned on so I think they're set off.

So my question is, does anyone know what the key stroke is to turn them on? I'm pretty sure it can be done hardware wise and not only a computer right?

Try Pause and Escape. That's how my Leeku's PCB changes the LED lighting mods. Or maybe insert. Seems like a lot of customs utilize the mostly "useless" keys. But I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the answer, I tried escape and pause and I'm pretty sure I tried escape and insert (after re-reading your message I'm not sure XD) but they didn't work so I'm just gonna go to work early tomorrow and use the computer laptop lol.

My NerD TKL is not assembled yet but you should take a look at that video (~3:23) :

Try FN1 key (*) + S

(*) by default it's your right Windows key
Thanks man, I'll try this out and report back later.
Reporting back, success!!!

I also found after watching another video that fn1 + F is for the top LED's probably for, "Front LED's" since S is for side led's

I actually also brought it to work and put the led's to breathing mode while screwing up the other modes but it's fine since I'm pretty sure I could watch this thing all night.....

Thanks LPWL, I'm done mine now so you can start your XD
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12010 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 05:49:18 »
I know mkawa worked with them to make the Red Alert and Olivetti colorways available as well as the Geekhack side legend caps. And I thought someone did media keys with them like play and pause.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12011 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 06:59:55 »
I know mkawa worked with them to make the Red Alert and Olivetti colorways available as well as the Geekhack side legend caps. And I thought someone did media keys with them like play and pause.
They're single piece caps, not two pieces right?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12012 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:35:49 »

The Geekhack caps I have are two piece caps.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #12013 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:36:49 »

Thanks CBA, I was debating on seeing if they would be willing to do something like this on a set of caps.  Plus it looks like they are getting the ability to do single piece keys.

As far as I know all Unicomp keys are two piece aside from stabilized keys.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12014 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:55:02 »

Thanks CBA, I was debating on seeing if they would be willing to do something like this on a set of caps.  Plus it looks like they are getting the ability to do single piece keys.

As far as I know all Unicomp keys are two piece aside from stabilized keys.

The Geekhack caps I have are two piece caps.

Wow I didn't realize this. That's pretty cool to hear. So then I am most likely going to order a custom replacement set for my SSK.

My boards:
More

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #12015 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:56:48 »
When dealing with PS/2 hookups, is it normal for a keyboard not to work in a combined mouse/keyboard hookup compared to a separate mouse and keyboard hookups?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12016 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 14:00:03 »
When dealing with PS/2 hookups, is it normal for a keyboard not to work in a combined mouse/keyboard hookup compared to a separate mouse and keyboard hookups?

Not sure exactly what your asking but do remember typically you always have to restart for PS/2 to be recognized as it isn't plug and play like USB.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #12017 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 14:22:26 »

Are you referring to having both a PS/2 mouse and keyboard plugged into the same port on the PC, or their respective ports individually.  Also, do not hot plug PS/2 devices, there is a risk of frying the device, lesser risk these days then years ago, but still possible. 

And like spamray mentioned, PS/2 is not plug and play.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12018 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 17:46:34 »

Not sure exactly what your asking but do remember typically you always have to restart for PS/2 to be recognized as it isn't plug and play like USB.

I've never had to reboot while using a USB adapter. I hotplug all the time. I'm not arguing but just curious if you can actually confirm this remains an issue with some PS/2 over USB adapters.

Are you referring to having both a PS/2 mouse and keyboard plugged into the same port on the PC, or their respective ports individually.  Also, do not hot plug PS/2 devices, there is a risk of frying the device, lesser risk these days then years ago, but still possible. 

And like spamray mentioned, PS/2 is not plug and play.

I have never heard of any kind of risk like that when using a USB adapter, I would assume since USB ports tend to be pretty well-regulated power sources. FWIW, as I mentioned above, I regularly hotplug my Model M's and other PS/2 boards into my USB adapter without any trouble. Should I stop this habit ASAP?

My boards:
More

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #12019 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:26:36 »
If you are using a USB adapter then you are ok.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12020 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:43:18 »

I never had any issues with either one.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #12021 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:20:56 »
How is the shift combined characters (e.g. !@#$%, from shift with number keys) sent? Does the keyboard determined what character it is and send the character? Or does the keyboard only sends shift and the original key, and the OS determines what character that is?
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12022 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:30:32 »
How is the shift combined characters (e.g. !@#$%, from shift with number keys) sent? Does the keyboard determined what character it is and send the character? Or does the keyboard only sends shift and the original key, and the OS determines what character that is?

The keyboard sends shift and the scancode for the key pressed. Note that shift is sent as a modifier, rather than having a "shift scancode" sent to the computer.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #12023 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 21:27:08 »

The keyboard sends shift and the scan code for the key pressed. Note that shift is sent as a modifier, rather than having a "shift scancode" sent to the computer.

I just want to add to this, I have an orbweaver, and a naga epic with the 12 buttons on the side of the mouse.  These show up as a keyboard to the computer, and there is a switch to allow either number row or number pad scan codes.  Modifiers will cross devices, IE if I have the naga buttons set as number row, hold shift on the orbweaver, and press 2, I get @ on the computer.  Same works from the regular keyboard to the orbweaver or naga.  Works with all modifiers and caps lock.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #12024 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:47:08 »
Hi! question: when I have a mini keyboard without function key row, where F1 is accessed via Fn+"1", F2 via Fn+"2" ... etc., does that mean the combination of Alt + Fn + 4 succeeds in resolving to Alt-F4? Or is this a naive fallacy?
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:50:13 by Eszett »

Offline Zustiur

« Reply #12025 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:58:10 »
It should work. My ergodox handles alt f4 that way.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12026 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:02:58 »
Hi there Zustiur. Thanks, I hope so!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12027 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:32:08 »
My V60 mini works the same way with Ctrl + Alt + Fn + Backspace
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline JWK

« Reply #12028 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:52:16 »
There are people in this community working behind the scenes to bring Korean-quality offerings to GH, but it takes a little while to get those things started. Hopefully, once those projects start to become reality, we will see even more of them coming along.
This has also been enabled by the availability of CAD tools that tightly integrate with the manufacturer.  I've been impressed with with speed, quality, and price of the prototype PCBs, plates, and cases posted on this board. 

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12029 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 13:48:41 »
So, for once I see someone selling a bunch of keyboards and I was wondering if these were mechanical. I'm obviously certain that the Microsoft and Lenovo ones aren't, but how about the Wyse and Sun ones? http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5OVgxNjAw/z/tfEAAOSweW5VJQgl/$_20.JPG

Unfortunately this is the best picture the seller has of those two.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12030 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 13:54:09 »
So, for once I see someone selling a bunch of keyboards and I was wondering if these were mechanical. I'm obviously certain that the Microsoft and Lenovo ones aren't, but how about the Wyse and Sun ones? http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5OVgxNjAw/z/tfEAAOSweW5VJQgl/$_20.JPG

I don't know about Sun. The WYSE one doesn't like the normal ones that have the MX Blacks in them. I'd go with no.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #12031 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 13:54:52 »

Pretty sure those are all rubber dome.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #12032 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 14:01:55 »
Well, it was worth checking out.

Thanks, guys. On another note, I saw someone selling a 1988 Model M missing keycaps for $35 AUD. Unfortunately he's in another state so I'll have to see if he's willing to post it. Wish me luck.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Rose

« Reply #12033 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 21:27:51 »
First Question
I realize that my matrix wiring may be cleaner if I rotate a couple switches so there pins are along a different edge.  These switches will go under 1 x 1.25 DSA PBT keycaps.  Will rotating the switch necessarily rotate the key?  i.e. Can a keycap be popped off, rotated 90 degrees, and put back on?  The switches are Cherry MX.

Second Question
Does everyone always wire their matrix so that the columns receive the signal and the rows transmit it back if a key is pressed?  Does it make a difference which is connected to receive and which is sending back to the controller?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12034 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 21:30:24 »
First Question
I realize that my matrix wiring may be cleaner if I rotate a couple switches so there pins are along a different edge.  These switches will go under 1 x 1.25 DSA PBT keycaps.  Will rotating the switch necessarily rotate the key?  i.e. Can a keycap be popped off, rotated 90 degrees, and put back on?  The switches are Cherry MX.

Second Question
Does everyone always wire their matrix so that the columns receive the signal and the rows transmit it back if a key is pressed?  Does it make a difference which is connected to receive and which is sending back to the controller?

1) Yes, you can rotate the switch and it will not affect how the keycap sits on the switch.
2) I'm not sure but I would guess that it does matter.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12035 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 22:38:13 »
First Question

Second Question

1) Yes, you can rotate the switch and it will not affect how the keycap sits on the switch.
2) I'm not sure but I would guess that it does matter.

It shouldn't matter, so long as you have your firmware set up to match your matrix. You're just closing a circuit, when the switch is down the circuit is closed regardless. You do need to have your diodes in the proper orientation, to match the direction of current flow.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #12036 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 04:19:26 »
First Question

Second Question

Right, but you should note some keycaps are very tight on 90 deg rotated switches. Komar's GH60 rev.A PCB had 90 deg switches but he removed those from later versions due to this problem.

My cheap PokerX keycaps had no problem but precious genuine Dolch keycaps were very tight on rotated switches and I didn't want to use them on the PCB :D

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12037 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 05:39:09 »
I'm trying to open a PCB-mount MX Switch and plastic is bending and breaking, does the LED prevent the switch from opening?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2015, 05:51:44 by Eszett »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12038 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 06:28:24 »
I'm trying to open a PCB-mount MX Switch and plastic is bending and breaking, does the LED prevent the switch from opening?

Absolutely. You need to desolder the LEDs first. There should be nothing in the disassembly process of a keyboard that is so hard to take apart, things are breaking.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12039 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 06:35:59 »
Oh my god. For what reason did you do that, Cherry? And I bought this PCB-mount-keyboard in the hope to get an easy solution. :-(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12040 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 06:37:57 »
Oh my god. For what reason did you do that, Cherry? And I bought this PCB-mount-keyboard in the hope to get an easy solution. :-(

I'm sure Cherry didn't think of the enthusiasts when they made these. Probably didn't anticipate people modifying boards like we do.

Offline Eszett

« Reply #12041 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 06:47:56 »
You are probably right, it's sad. Anyway, thank you, Captain Badass!

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #12042 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 08:46:45 »
How is fn combination sent? From what I know the keyboard controller sees that fn and the other key are both pressed and then send the corresponding character to OS. But why some remap software able to make use of fn key?
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #12043 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 00:18:10 »
What program and tools do I need to draw a plate for pcb?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #12044 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 00:32:31 »

I use autocad but Swill's plate builder will work.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65189.0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12045 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 06:22:27 »

I use autocad but Swill's plate builder will work.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65189.0
Autodesk Inventor, FreeCAD, ProEngineer, and SolidWorks are all options too. Inventor and FreeCAD are free. But swill's tool is probably easiest.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #12046 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 17:46:11 »
I am thinking about getting a Ducky YOTH Mini, is there another 60% available now with a nice case like that for under 170$? I was considering the normal mini but can not find the gray case version with browns in stock.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:44:18 by nickheller »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #12047 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:02:15 »
Should all(or most) old terminal wyse keyboards have vintage blacks? I'm thinking about grabbing one for that purpose.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12048 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:13:17 »
Should all(or most) old terminal wyse keyboards have vintage blacks? I'm thinking about grabbing one for that purpose.
I'm wondering the same thing about AEKII's and orange Alps.

My boards:
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12049 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:32:08 »
I'm wondering the same thing about AEKII's and orange Alps.

My experience has been that approximately the first half of the production run of AEKs (not AEK2s) 0 > 1/2M are orange and the 2nd half 1/2M > 1M are salmon (aka pink) Alps.

Apparently, some or all of the earliest AEK2s (1989 copyright) are salmon, the bulk (1990 copyright) are dampened cream, and the last (1995 copyright) are dampened white.

These are all fuzzy approximations, don't get mad at me if they are wrong.

The M0116s that I have had were also orange, but you don't get a full set.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"