Author Topic: [IC] DSA Nineteen Thirty - GB 01.03 - Pricing Announced!  (Read 23871 times)

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
Re: [IC] DSA Nineteen Thirty
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 17:54:07 »
What is up with the kitting on these? If I wanted some of the novelties in the 2nd kit. I would require to buy both to fit my 65% board so I can still use regular text mods especially if I want the cannon novelty. Seems a slightly crappy way / scummy to get people to get everything they want is to spend money on two base kits.

Forgot to mention also where is the pricing for an GB that is 24 days away?

if you want to do that, thats up to you, but the kits were designed to accomdate as many layouts as possible if that meant dropping a novelty from one then so be it, no ones forcing you to buy an entire kit to get a novelty, I'd hope most people would just use a different key.

Feel like would been easier to make a novelties kit cause all the pieces for 40s ergo etc would have fit in base with these sizes

I didn't want to put an entire set of 1u modifiers in the base kit, the novelties allow for greater coverage of diverse layouts in the spirit of the uniform profile, If you have kitting suggestions you can use the form and I'll address them as interest is guaged.

Offline Humivorous

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 19:32:01 »
Sooooo dope 💚

Offline tngpq

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 21:10:58 »
Also wondering if you would consider adding 3u convex bars to the kits. Not sure if that is even an option but there are a few ergo boards that use 3u and I tend to prefer them.
Otherwise I am very interested in this set!

Ditto. 3u convex bars please? If two great. But I'll take one too.

Not a fan of cartoon nor uniform profile, but I'll support this set for the innovation factor. We need more of these truly pushing the boundary. Love it.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 21:18:57 »
DSA works for maximum compatibility, no doubt. Definitely an appealing design. I’m just stuck on left hand for left and right arrows, and right hand for up and down. My (little/semi-autistic) brain is struggling. GLWIC.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 21:51:07 »
We should just start to expect stuff like this from you Ulliam, brilliant just brilliant!!  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 21:58:08 »
I like the looks of it.  I think it would feel aweful.  But cool project.  Good for you guys to try something new.  Just can't take all of that lazered texture on my fingies

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 23:12:27 »
Deskmat has been updated and Light mod options have been added to the form, here's a quick render to visualise:

Offline NocelCrown

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 23:22:30 »
DSA works for maximum compatibility, no doubt. Definitely an appealing design. I’m just stuck on left hand for left and right arrows, and right hand for up and down. My (little/semi-autistic) brain is struggling. GLWIC.

You've said it, and now I can't unsee it. 😅

Offline Donosir

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 23:28:07 »
This looks fantastic and I will definitely purchase both sets.
Also I like that kitting. As someone mentioned you may only 'need' one 2.25u spacebar for 40s.
But as you seem to already know, that doesn't cover it for Whimsy Split space users. You are a hero!

Offline itsundone

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 23:38:15 »
i said to myself that i will quit keyset...
i lied

now im kinda afraid to see the price
i like the dark better...

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:17:53 »
I think there are a few really interesting things going on here, the dye sub with laser engraving I think is really cool and I see tons of potential with the manufacturing methods here.  The design is not for me and I don't really like uniform profile.  That being said I really hope this set gets made as I would love to see this method used for other sets and other profiles.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 01:20:10 »
Interesting looking set.
Unfortunately, I don't think the oddities kit covers ergo board like boardwalk, sol, etc.
It simply needs a few more 1.5 and would be best to have at least 1 more 2u convex.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 05:35:17 »
I would be down for a mods only set but not full kits. Either way I love the innovation, really nice work

Offline norb

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 06:51:13 »
not a fan of dsa but this is dope so i might grab one! how deep is the engraving? from the prototype pictures it seems that you would be able to feel it?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 06:04:45 »
not a fan of dsa but this is dope so i might grab one! how deep is the engraving? from the prototype pictures it seems that you would be able to feel it?

around 0.1mm, I think i must be a terrible judge because I really can't notice a difference, I'm shipping the protoype out to a friend to do a typing test and review.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 22:28:09 »
:emptywallet: thanks, I'll take another Ulliam set

Offline micmil

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 23:11:15 »
My favorite cap style combined with one of my favorite aesthetics. I couldn't be more in if this set was YER MUM. :thumb:

Offline Khaine

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 09:37:52 »
I've been seeing this set on insta teased a few times and I've been getting more and more pumped every time! I really love this and can't wait to get my hands on it.  ;D

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 11:56:11 »
I’m a fan of the font and the style but something feels odd with the weight of the mods being less “ loud” than the alphas.

If the mods were highlighted or icon based with the same weight the balance would feel more even.

Also I love this set - good job good luck

Offline JPoc

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 12:20:16 »
Ohh this looks fun

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 14:48:07 »
I hope you consider adding some extra 'cartoon' mods. At the moment neither the base kit nor the alternative kit would support 60% / HHKB layout, but with only a few extra mods it would look great.

This highlights the coverage of the base kit but with blanks replacing the missing cartoon mods:

262570-0

So it wouldn't be that many extra keys to make the set significantly more versatile. Ideally left and right shift icons mirrored like you've already got going for the 1.25 / 1.5 cartoon mods.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 15:40:57 »
Interesting looking set.
Unfortunately, I don't think the oddities kit covers ergo board like boardwalk, sol, etc.
It simply needs a few more 1.5 and would be best to have at least 1 more 2u convex.

Seconding the sentiment about there not being enough 1.5u keycaps. The ergodox needs at least 12x 1.5u keys.

Offline komodo90

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 17:53:30 »
Interesting looking set.

Seconding the sentiment about there not being enough 1.5u keycaps. The ergodox needs at least 12x 1.5u keys.

I was about to point out the same thing. Boardwalk users would appreciate that as well.
For the uniform profile not to include a bunch of 1.5u keys is a sad thing - it doesn't take much effort but could make many people happy.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 18:26:35 »
Kitting to support the BoardWalk & Ergodox has been added will update the main post with pricing shortly.

Offline micmil

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 18:46:51 »
Kitting to support the BoardWalk & Ergodox has been added will update the main post with pricing shortly.

*WALLET BRACES FOR IMPACT*

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 04:12:47 »

Does that mean no chance of the 3 extra cartoon mods to support a full HHKB cartoon layout?

Offline not-a-seal

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 14:59:13 »
My favorites of the year so far.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 22:37:53 »
Deskmat has been updated and Light mod options have been added to the form, here's a quick render to visualise:
Show Image

Light mod render looks fantastic - went from maybe to a yes for this change. Thank you!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 00:14:23 »
Main post has been updated but tl;dr PRICING! and I'm really bad at taking pictures.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 09:18:01 »

Does that mean no chance of the 3 extra cartoon mods to support a full HHKB cartoon layout?

bump