Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | REFUNDING  (Read 206779 times)

Offline Pell99

Mail day!

A few quick pics in different lighting until I actually build this thing.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The finish on this board is superb, thanks for the fast turnaround and smooth GB  :thumb:

It is fantastic!

Offline bbmathlvr

I assume I just need to break off the top and bottom little strips on the TX-87 PCB? It clearly doesn't fit nicely into the case with the strips still on.
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I assume I just need to break off the top and bottom little strips on the TX-87 PCB? It clearly doesn't fit nicely into the case with the strips still on.
I've not seen what the PCB looks like yet.  Could you share a picture of both sides of the PCB? 

I think your assumption is correct, but I'll defer to more seasoned builders here.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man

Yupp, you'll need to snap those bits off, they're framing from the production.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline bbmathlvr

Yupp, you'll need to snap those bits off, they're framing from the production.

Thanks, 27! Figured something like that, just want to not **** it up  :thumb:
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | SHIPPING TO YOU [22%]
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 11:50:42 »

Labels will be printed today and then they'll be picked up mid-week along with some a couple others and lube orders.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:58:24 by 27 »
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #406 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:07:40 »
any chance to consolidate shipping by throwing a lube order in the mech27 box? of course, assuming my board isn't one of those already packaged.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #407 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 12:09:34 »
any chance to consolidate shipping by throwing a lube order in the mech27 box? of course, assuming my board isn't one of those already packaged.

Yupp! Just send me an email after placing a lube order and I can refund the lube's shipping and throw it in the shipping box with the board.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | SHIPPING TO YOU [48%]
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 15:51:55 »
The latest batch of labels have just been printed.  We are at just under halfway shipped at this point in time.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:21:39 »
Thanks for keeping us informed 27.  It's great to see more of these going out.  I'm looking forward to seeing someone post pics of their red or navy builds.

Offline ricrackem

« Reply #410 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:49:54 »
Looking to swap my black kit for a silver kit, mine has not been shipped yet so if anyone is interested please let me know and you could get it shipped directly from 27 :)

I would also be willing to sell the kit/give up my spot as I have a friend who's willing to sell me his silver kit for cost. Pm me here or on Reddit or discord (eizdeb is my username on both platforms).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 13:12:53 »
I'm somewhat embarrassed to ask this, but could someone confirm the length of the space bar?  I think that for WKL it's usually 7U and TKL it's 6.25U.  Is that right?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 13:32:55 »
I'm somewhat embarrassed to ask this, but could someone confirm the length of the space bar?  I think that for WKL it's usually 7U and TKL it's 6.25U.  Is that right?
7u
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 21:31:59 »
Speaking of embarrassing questions, this uses a mini USB port, right?

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | Shipping Begins Feb. 26th
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 21:38:41 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 22:26:26 by phorx »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | Shipping Begins Feb. 26th
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 23:33:26 »
I asked the same thing  :))
mini usb

one word answers are my specialty
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Gamecat

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 18:13:20 »
One more question :) Does the plate support cutouts for spacebar stabilizer wire in both bottom/top positions (I *think* it looks like it, but not 100% sure)?

Offline mathiasn

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 10:21:22 »
Any update on shipping for the remaining units?

Offline ricrackem

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 10:21:56 »
Any update on shipping for the remaining units?
Wondering as well, hoping to have it in time for Chicago meetup :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 11:26:23 »
Hey guys, still working out some refinishing stuff for the rejected units.  I have a few blue kits left on hand to ship out.  I should be hearing from the manufacturer this week about redoing the parts.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 13:14:21 »
Hey guys, still working out some refinishing stuff for the rejected units.  I have a few blue kits left on hand to ship out.  I should be hearing from the manufacturer this week about redoing the parts.

Thanks for the quick response.  The fact that several units needed to be redone slipped my mind.  The delay will be worth it!

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:18:36 »
Just got a text saying my Mech27 will arrive tomorrow! Thanks for the super quick group buy 27!

Offline Ponkan

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:28:33 »
Yup! Matte Silver looks great! Thanks for the fast turnaround even with the delays!

https://i.imgur.com/BurJn4O.jpg

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:28:36 »
Hey everyone! Latest batch of boards was JUST shipped, since I missed the DHL pickup time last week due to classes.

I should be hearing from my manufacturer with a couple refinished parts, and I can give them the go-ahead to refinish all of them in that way.

I feel really bad that this has taken so long, but I'm confident that once it gets moving again it will finish up quickly.

Offline 6FeaT

« Reply #425 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 08:09:26 »
If anyone would like to purchase a silver or black kit at GB pricing, please PM me here or on reddit (same username). Looking to sell my spot. The invoice and shipment would come directly from 27.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 11:36:53 »
Hey everyone!

I just stopped by the shop and approved the new finish (don't worry it's still matte and the colours match), I should have everything back by early next week and I can resume shipping.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 11:43:14 »
Hey everyone!

I just stopped by the shop and approved the new finish (don't worry it's still matte and the colours match), I should have everything back by early next week and I can resume shipping.

Fantastic!

Offline bminhz

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 12:14:41 »
Hey everyone!

do we have any idea how many navys are there in total?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:05:27 »
Hey everyone!

Show Image

do we have any idea how many navys are there in total?

i think 8, maybe 7

it was the least ordered color, tied with red, but there were more extras made in red
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:07:20 by Puddsy »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:10:08 »
Got mine in last night... put it together this afternoon. Album: https://imgur.com/a/SJzMQ

Pros: Packaging is great. Machining/milling work looks fantastic. Weight is pretty good w/o the added bulk of a brass weight add-on. The plate was burr free and honestly the scuffed look isnt bad.
Cons: Color came out burgundy instead of the red from the sample image. I'm just glad i had gmk burgundy laying around as Honeywell or LedZeplin was waaaay off. Top and bottom were different color batches so they're a little different as well. The alignment pins only lined up on the top (only received 2 of the 4?) and still had some issues getting them in
-Dana

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 17:30:07 »
Got mine in last night... put it together this afternoon. Album: https://imgur.com/a/SJzMQ

Show Image

Show Image

Pros: Packaging is great. Machining/milling work looks fantastic. Weight is pretty good w/o the added bulk of a brass weight add-on. The plate was burr free and honestly the scuffed look isnt bad.
Cons: Color came out burgundy instead of the red from the sample image. I'm just glad i had gmk burgundy laying around as Honeywell or LedZeplin was waaaay off. Top and bottom were different color batches so they're a little different as well. The alignment pins only lined up on the top (only received 2 of the 4?) and still had some issues getting them in
Ah that’s a shame, was really hoping they’d come out Jukebox, 356mini red. Still a hot case, maybe some OG caps next? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline bminhz

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 17:30:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

looks like red wine. the matte finish seems to take out the vibrant tone of the color.

now this makes me think twice about how navy would turn out

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 18:26:42 »
yeah I don't understand the whole disconnect with keyboards and our anodizing. Maybe i don't know enough about it to make the comparison but from my previous experience with paintball and yo-yos there is some amazing anodizing available out there. We just keep going to China for some reason.

Anyway. Yeah its a good match for the Burgundy caps. I would love to load up some beige OG caps... just need to figure out a bottom row option... 1.5U and 7U are tricky finds.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 18:29:50 by OfTheWild »
-Dana

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:13:18 »
yeah I don't understand the whole disconnect with keyboards and our anodizing. Maybe i don't know enough about it to make the comparison but from my previous experience with paintball and yo-yos there is some amazing anodizing available out there. We just keep going to China for some reason.

Anyway. Yeah its a good match for the Burgundy caps. I would love to load up some beige OG caps... just need to figure out a bottom row option... 1.5U and 7U are tricky finds.

These were Anodized in Ottawa (Canada) if I'm not mistaken...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:16:30 »

These were Anodized in Ottawa (Canada) if I'm not mistaken...

correct

anodizing is inconsistent no matter where you get it done

9009 goes with everything

Offline olivia

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:23:41 »
My friend is getting Red with 9009, so fire.

Offline Muiju

« Reply #437 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:21:23 »
Loving the matte silver!
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline bminhz

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 06:33:33 »
Loving the matte silver!
Show Image

Love those paws more :)

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 10:04:04 »
Loving the matte silver!
Show Image

That silver is crazy nice. Makes me regret not jumping in on this.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 10:21:02 »
Loving the matte silver!
Show Image

6FeaT is selling his Silver and Black spots, so it might be possible to still get one.  They posted just a few days ago about it.

Offline 6FeaT

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:36:28 »
Loving the matte silver!
Show Image

6FeaT is selling his Silver and Black spots, so it might be possible to still get one.  They posted just a few days ago about it.

Thanks for the shoutout!

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 13:27:54 »
Is anyone else having a problem with the underglow RGB not wanting to remain off? It's remembering my keymap but when i turn on my computer or unplug/plug in the board its forgetting the LED settings. Kind of irritating having to go into Jigon every morning and turning it off again. Never had this problem win my TX87 and its the exact same PCB...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 13:30:46 »
Is anyone else having a problem with the underglow RGB not wanting to remain off? It's remembering my keymap but when i turn on my computer or unplug/plug in the board its forgetting the LED settings. Kind of irritating having to go into Jigon every morning and turning it off again. Never had this problem win my TX87 and its the exact same PCB...

did you update the firmware before changing the PCB settings?

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #444 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 13:33:40 »

I thought I did. Maybe I’ll just start over from there.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #445 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 14:04:34 »

reset it, update the firmware, try again

if it still doesn't work it's a problem with the PCB and not the firmware, i think

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 14:29:32 »

if it still doesn't work it's a problem with the PCB and not the firmware, i think

I must have forgot to update it. All fixed now

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #447 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 14:32:18 »

I must have forgot to update it. All fixed now

:thumb:

Offline Cyllinus

« Reply #448 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 01:31:18 »
Any updates on the silver boards?

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:44:47 »
Any updates on the silver boards?

I'm curious as well. It's been about a week since the refinished boards were supposed to be ready for pickup. Hopefully they all looked alright.