Author Topic: *Deleted*  (Read 5401 times)

Offline DIFFER

*Deleted*
« on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:23:25 »
*DELETED*

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:59:33 by DIFFER »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [IC] GMK Enchanter / Cherry
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:33:15 »
100% honest advice, I feel like some of those colors could be replaced with stock colors.

If not, you looking at a color matching period that'll take one hot minute.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Atomical

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:39:23 »
Honestly a really cool concept, a little chaotic but am interested in seeing it more refined.

Offline DIFFER

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:41:15 »
100% honest advice, I feel like some of those colors could be replaced with stock colors.

We will be looking into that, but we want the colors to match the in-game colors as close as possible.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:41:54 »
This is... an interesting set to say the least

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:44:08 »
You might want to do some more research into what’s required to make this a reality. Beyond the colors as Hoodrow mentioned, you’ll have to get custom molds made for those sublegends, and I doubt GMK would foot the bill for that. And if you’re planning to have all those versions available, that’ll be a lot of kits that would be farther from reaching MOQ than a singular one.

Offline DIFFER

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:48:32 »
You might want to do some more research into what’s required to make this a reality. Beyond the colors as Hoodrow mentioned, you’ll have to get custom molds made for those sublegends, and I doubt GMK would foot the bill for that. And if you’re planning to have all those versions available, that’ll be a lot of kits that would be farther from reaching MOQ than a singular one.

We already contacted GMK, Uniqey and DROP for an estimate on how big the MOQ would be.
This will be updated in the Thread once we have more information.

EDIT: We are also planning on only selling 1 of the versions, which will be chosen by the amount of interest.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, this will also be later clarified in the post,
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:51:53 by DIFFER »

Offline Pach

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:49:46 »
Change this to PBT, it'll be a LOT easier on everyone. Also, not sure about all the different colors. I get you're trying to fit the enchantment table look, but I don't think it works well here. It just looks kinda messy in my opinion.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:50:25 »
Understandably renders are meant to show the caps in different lights, but your Black C6 keys look nothing like the Pantone colour card. If you're aiming for a blue'ish black, why are the renders purple?

Offline DIFFER

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:53:27 »
Change this to PBT, it'll be a LOT easier on everyone. Also, not sure about all the different colors. I get you're trying to fit the enchantment table look, but I don't think it works well here. It just looks kinda messy in my opinion.

As stated, this board was designed for fun and people showed interest on Reddit, so we decided to give it a chance.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:54:38 »
You might want to talk to people who have ran sets before, before contacting vendors and the manufacture. I suggest you look into doing this with Infinikey PBT instead of GMK, I don't think those sublegends are all going to be possible with GMK. I really suggest talking to someone who's worked on sets before going forward with anything else, they can help you with kitting, renders and getting in contact with the right people like vendors. Have you tried using the Keycap Design Discord. They tend to help people with projects like this.  https://discord.gg/93WN2uF

Offline DIFFER

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:55:45 »
Understandably renders are meant to show the caps in different lights, but your Black C6 keys look nothing like the Pantone colour card. If you're aiming for a blue'ish black, why are the renders purple?

Renders weren't updated yet to show the available color options. The only problem we have is the purple-ish black because Pantone doesn't currently offer that color.
We will update the pictures ASAP!

Offline DIFFER

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:56:48 »
You might want to talk to people who have ran sets before, before contacting vendors and the manufacture. I suggest you look into doing this with Infinikey PBT instead of GMK, I don't think those sublegends are all going to be possible with GMK. I really suggest talking to someone who's worked on sets before going forward with anything else, they can help you with kitting, renders and getting in contact with the right people like vendors. Have you tried using the Keycap Design Discord. They tend to help people with projects like this.  https://discord.gg/93WN2uF

Thanks for the suggestions!
We'll look into it!

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 20:06:47 »

Big agree to this.

Also, where are the kits? This doesn't really seem like a fleshed out IC.

I'd bring up the default render template, but I honestly can't do much better so I'll leave that out.