Author Topic: New CTRL.ALT set available "The Bro Set"  (Read 30447 times)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: New CTRL.ALT set available "The Bro Set"
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 22:51:11 »
As soon as I got the email from [CTRL]ALT I purchased a set and then posted it here. I even beat Bunny to it haha

He still beat you. Posted it to their board rather than keycaps.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 23:34:36 »
As soon as I got the email from [CTRL]ALT I purchased a set and then posted it here. I even beat Bunny to it haha

By over an hour ;)

I battled with a deadspot of reception to purchase the set shortly after bunny's post. Think it took me 20 minutes of continually dropping connection to the site :). But got there in the end.

Love the colors,  now need board to go with it!! Thinking a low profile 60% case for one of my sprit builds.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 23:44:24 »

By over an hour ;)

I battled with a deadspot of reception to purchase the set shortly after bunny's post. Think it took me 20 minutes of continually dropping connection to the site :). But got there in the end.

Love the colors,  now need board to go with it!! Thinking a low profile 60% case for one of my sprit builds.

Yeah, took me a long while to debate it. Then decided to pick it up for my Fiance's board.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline divito

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:13:03 »
Another successful wallethack release. Will probably buy this also *facepalm*
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:22:26 »

I think Bunny is running this for only a week, hence don't wait to long to get these.

I haven't got a Purple Coloured Keyboard just yet but now he has finally pushed me to get one, nice one Bunny for killing off my procrastination :thumb: .

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:24:00 »

I think Bunny is only running this for only a week, hence don't wait to long to get these.

I haven't got a Purple Coloured Keyboard just yet but now he has finally pushed me to get one, nice one Bunny for killing off my procrastination :thumb: .

Run for a week or until they hit 90 sets. Bunny estimates that it'll be sold out by tomorrow (today?) afternoon.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:28:13 »
Run for a week or until they hit 90 sets. Bunny estimates that it'll be sold out by tomorrow (today?) afternoon.

Amazing how little advertising at all has pushed the numbers sky high in such a short time.  Would this be a new Geekhack record for payment sign ups, for a single Group Buy?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:28:52 »

Amazing how little advertising at all has pushed the numbers sky high in such a short time.  Would this be a new Geekhack record for payment sign ups, for a single Group Buy?

Nah, I think Toxic set still holds the record.

Offline divito

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:55:50 »
I think Bunny is running this for only a week, hence don't wait to long to get these.

Already sucked it up and ordered.  :-[

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:56:35 »

Just goes to show that if you sell good products at fair prices you don't need to advertise too much.

CTRL+ALT will be getting my money no matter how broke I am when the GMK buy drops.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 00:59:12 »
Just remember

every post you make here will cost you $1

and you don't even know it yet.

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 01:27:14 »
Not interested-- the colours are a bit loud-- but kudos for going for the "single set ANSI+ISO+Numpad" route.  I hate nickel-and-dime keysets where you end up having to buy 16 kits, some of which sell only a handful of units and end up paying huge premiums per-key on them.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 01:30:48 »
Amazing work as always! Ordered so fast!  :thumb:
The font is cherry replica as always, right?
What an amazing set. The fact that it's bro-themed makes it even more awesome, is there a better way to show you love both bro-caps and bunny and his team? ^-^
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 01:37:59 »

Just goes to show that if you sell good products at fair prices you don't need to advertise too much.

CTRL+ALT will be getting my money no matter how broke I am when the GMK buy drops.

I am wondering if the GMK group buy will include the exact same profile and font as ivan's. because if so, i want to wait until bunny starts his GB. Not anything against ivan, it's just that all the GB's i made were via CTRL-ALT, and they have all been an amazing experience. Hype-wise and everything else. Can anyone confirm that it'll be the same?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 01:52:14 »
Amazing work as always! Ordered so fast!  :thumb:
The font is cherry replica as always, right?
What an amazing set. The fact that it's bro-themed makes it even more awesome, is there a better way to show you love both bro-caps and bunny and his team? ^-^

yes. Cherry Legend ;)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:01:07 »
This set looks great and the mystery caps! ohhh such hype. So tempted but my mx boards are more ornamental at the moment.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:13:56 »
I really want to buy the set, but only have the stripe option. : ( I guess they are sold out now eh? : (

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:23:08 »
Not anything against ivan, it's just that all the GB's i made were via CTRL-ALT, and they have all been an amazing experience.

When I first bought into Group Buys here on GH the first one failed for me hence I had no choice but go with another organizer.  That one worked brilliantly and you go with another and so forth because the amount of actual failures due to dubious organizers, is quite low here.

If you are forced to only deal with one particular organizer then you might miss others who will include some extras that you will need for a current keyboard.  I use to despise PMK with such passion the very name of theirs made me reach for my gun but after dealing with them in some Group Buys they were quite good and precise in shipping the amounts I paid for.

Not saying they are better then Bunny in any way here, not at all because Bunny gives you the personal touch when organizing your order that a faceless corporation can never do.  I still value that highly no matter the price.  Sure you can be stingy and only go for the cheapest key-set due to your own circumstances but sometimes it pays to buy something that is available at this moment because there may never be a Round 2 venture.

Plus I still like the olden days of Group Buys here on Geekhack and BunnyLake still carries that well with every one he runs  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:25:23 by Elrick »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:34:39 »
I really want to buy the set, but only have the stripe option. : ( I guess they are sold out now eh? : (

Quote from: BunnyLake
for anyone who has any issues with stripe at all

please pm me and i can organise paypal payments

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 03:53:33 »
Probably the noobiest question ever but, Are these pbts? And dyesub? :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 04:00:08 »

ABS, Doubleshot :D

Thanks for the kind words and orders everyone. (and for using stripe)
We have received over 50% of the orders already. Once we hit our MOQ the group buy will close.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 04:38:20 »

We have received over 50% of the orders already. Once we hit our MOQ the group buy will close.

its actually well over 50% had ltos of orders through pm and paypal, maybe 10 - 15 sets left
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 04:48:36 »
Ordered and payed ;) very nice Set  :cool:
Is there an picture from the colors?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 04:55:43 »
Ordered and payed ;) very nice Set  :cool:
Is there an picture from the colors?

No pictures of the actual set because it hasn't been made (yet) but for reference:

its the purple from hyperfuse, and the same black from nostalgia.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 05:42:01 »

its actually well over 50% had ltos of orders through pm and paypal, maybe 10 - 15 sets left

Are these close in hue to the GMK purple modifiers?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 05:47:19 »

as a point of reference to something you have

its the same purple as the purple key here

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:08:27 »
Ah, I'm losing track of my keycaps - thank you sir! :)

For reference, GMK seems a bit less ... red, maybe?

68896-0

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:41:37 »
Anyone want to trade a bro set for a kidney, I'll go get one right now! :o

Nice set

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:43:25 »
What stem is on the back of that kidney?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:47:50 »
Not enough contrast for me, but I hope you all get a nice surprise with orders.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 07:05:52 »
Can't wait to see what GMK stuff you have lined up!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 07:08:05 »
It is a Topre kidney

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 07:46:19 »

as a point of reference to something you have

its the same purple as the purple key here

Show Image

Thank you Sir ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 09:41:33 »
More GeekHack caps to collect it seems.

Tell me about it! Can't believe I'm about to buy an entire set just so I can get two key caps.   :))

Offline divito

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 09:50:53 »
Must have all GeekHack keys ever made!!!!!!!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 09:51:58 »

Tell me about it! Can't believe I'm about to buy an entire set just so I can get two key caps.   :))

Haha that is dedication! Not keen on the new Brocaps? I was tempted just for those  :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 09:54:57 »

Haha that is dedication! Not keen on the new Brocaps? I was tempted just for those  :thumb:

I'm buying it for the bro caps and geekhack caps =) my fiance can have the rest of the set. Showed it to her last night and she had no objections.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:03:48 »

I'm buying it for the bro caps and geekhack caps =) my fiance can have the rest of the set. Showed it to her last night and she had no objections.

Haha nice! I wonder if there will be a topre option for the Bros like with the Toxic buy?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:15:07 »
Just placed my order.

God damn it!

Everytime I tell myself "only GMK sets from now on" Bunny comes along and makes me buy a DCS set yet again :p

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:16:40 »

Just placed my order.

God damn it!

Everytime I tell myself "only GMK sets from now on" Bunny comes along and makes me buy a DCS set yet again :p

There will be more as well...

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:17:56 »

Haha nice! I wonder if there will be a topre option for the Bros like with the Toxic buy?

I meant for the fist/eye caps. Don't think there's anything as far as an actual bot.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:24:29 »
Ordered and paid! :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:42:16 by infiniti »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:25:52 »
Ordered and paid with Stripe.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:37:50 »
for everyone thats ordered, please check on the site the status of your order in the my orders page to make sure your payment went through, if it doesnt come up as paid, please contact me

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:42:05 »
I think one day I'll learn to say no to you Bunnyman, but not today.... ordered! :rolleyes: no regrets
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
Re: New CTRL.ALT set available &quot;The Bro Set&quot;
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:44:22 »

Man don't do it! I can give you my 2 geekhack keys!
Value your money...
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:56:49 »

Man don't do it! I can give you my 2 geekhack keys!
Value your money...

Thank you isaske, that's very kind of you, but I couldn't resist and already bought the set.  :cool:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 10:58:00 »
Ordered! :thumb:

It's hard for me to say no to purple. :-X
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:00:40 »

I meant for the fist/eye caps. Don't think there's anything as far as an actual bot.

Set sure would like nice with that Fauxluminum (Purple Bliss) bot though, wouldn't it?  :cool:

Speaking of the fist/eye caps, those going to be printed right? I mean, to be doubleshot there'd have to be a mold, so I'm guessing just pad printed or lasered?
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:01:51 »

Set sure would like nice with that Fauxluminum (Purple Bliss) bot though, wouldn't it?  :cool:

Speaking of the fist/eye caps, those going to be printed right? I mean, to be doubleshot there'd have to be a mold, so I'm guessing just pad printed or lasered?

they will be double shot, we have updated the svg since that mockup to make the gaps ok