Author Topic: Unusual layout keysets for my custom printed board?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline SeattleChrisCode

Unusual layout keysets for my custom printed board?
« on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:01:24 »
I'm a newbie. I don't have my first keyboard yet. I also apparently have high aspirations since I'm making a variation of the Manuform keyboard (you can see my thread in the ergonomic keyboard section with the live video feed to it printing out).

I'm now realizing that I might run into issues with figuring out what to buy for keycaps. Currently, I'm thinking all the keys should be 1u, which out of my ignorance of how things work for keycaps I thought would be possible to easily find or have made up. When you have an unusual layout, what is a good way to get nice keycaps?

Thanks to Seattle Mechanical Keyboard Meetup last weekend, I now have felt a variety of different keycaps. It was awesome to attend! But now I may have very difficult tastes for what I want! There were a few people who had some boards with Mt3 (deep scoop) caps. Those felt amazing! I'm not going to be able to find them, or something like them, easily am I? 

Any suggestions for how I can get some good keycaps with a deep scoop profile?

Perhaps it will take time to get something that is really nice like I've been drooling over. Since I'm printing up my keyboard right now to test it out, I may need a quick an easy solution for temporary keycaps I can get soon to try things out.

Any suggestions for how I can quickly get keycaps (with all 1u keys) but still reasonably decent quality?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Unusual layout keysets for my custom printed board?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 07:11:22 »
MT3 Is pretty hard to get since its going trough MS. You could wait for more MT3 sets to pop up. I know MT3 Serika is gonna be on massdrop but don't know when.

But if you are looking for sculpted 1U that is close to TM3 i think the best is to get a ortholinear SA set from https://ohkeycaps.com/ They mostly contain from 1U keys and you can chose between sculpted or flat.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020