Author Topic: [GB] SA Royalty (shipping out now yall)  (Read 48841 times)

Offline ye_cole

Re: [GB] SA Royalty
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:46:20 »
We're past MOQ! 105 sold. :D

Offline cijanzen

Re: [GB] SA Royalty (105 ORDERS :D )
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:47:03 »

**** yeah! So excited for this set. Awesome job!

Offline silversung

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 20:27:50 »

Yay!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this. Congratulations!

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 06:06:27 »

Yeayyy. Can't wait to touch that Royal feel. Hope the finish product has light color as render.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 06:08:29 »
CA66(dark red) + SA Royalty soon  :cool:

KMK Labs.

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 15:00:49 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 18:26:05 »
So, I’ll share a story to prove I don’t mind looking dumb. Just three days ago, I realized why this set was named “royalty”.  Yes, I knew it drew from Wes Anderson’s “Royal Tenenbaums”.  But I didn’t realize you could read it like Royal T.  As in Royal Tenenbaums.

See, I’m dumb. 

Offline Starius

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 20:32:52 »
So, I’ll share a story to prove I don’t mind looking dumb. Just three days ago, I realized why this set was named “royalty”.  Yes, I knew it drew from Wes Anderson’s “Royal Tenenbaums”.  But I didn’t realize you could read it like Royal T.  As in Royal Tenenbaums.

See, I’m dumb.

Just so you don't feel too bad, I'll say that I totally didn't realize that either until you pointed it out.

You know, just saying that so you don't feel too bad.  That's all ;)

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 23:09:33 »
https://imgur.com/a/mNhC4S5

Samples for initial four!

The orange looks surprisingly good. That's odd.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 23:12:00 »

See, I’m dumb./quote]

Not gonna lie, this totally wasn't intentional and just happens to be a coincidence. However, thanks for pointing it out! The name came from both the Royal Tenenbaums and temples->palace->royalty.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 23:17:09 »

Awesome! These look really great from what I can tell. I’m assuming the alpha red here is the 491C?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 23:29:51 »

The creamy/yellow for legends looks a bit greenish, almost like glow in the dark material, when it's by the darker mod color.  Is it that way in real life?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 00:04:15 »
Awesome! These look really great from what I can tell. I’m assuming the alpha red here is the 491C?

Yessir! :)

The creamy/yellow for legends looks a bit greenish, almost like glow in the dark material, when it's by the darker mod color.  Is it that way in real life?

Not at all. It's more of a vanilla eggshell color.

Offline cijanzen

[GB] SA Royalty (105 ORDERS 😃 )
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 10:15:54 »
Having a bit more time to look at the samples now I wonder if they seem a bit too warm and saturated? The renders and Pantone colours seem to suggest a bit more subdued colourway. It could also be just the lighting in the photos but what’s your take ye_cole? Are you happy with how they turned out? I think the mod and legend colours are pretty close but the alpha and accent seem a bit off. I know you’re waiting on a few others to compare to as well.

Edit: I should say that as a whole the colours look very cohesive and that’s probably most important!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2018, 10:18:18 by cijanzen »

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 12:23:45 »
I hope I'll manage to get the money before the GB ends. I still don't understand why you decided to have only 15 days time span instead of usual one month period.

So yeah, unfortunately I didn't manage to get the money before this GB ended, which is really a shame because I honestly think this is one of the best looking, subtle and tastefully done keysets I've seen in a long time.

BUT

As a last desperate measure, I called a friend who now lives quite literally on the other side of the continent and said - look, I have an emergency, you have to help me out. I sent him a link to this page and said - buy this shhit RIGHT NAO. So he did just a few moments ago.

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2018, 13:44:23 by dario »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 13:53:26 »
Having a bit more time to look at the samples now I wonder if they seem a bit too warm and saturated? The renders and Pantone colours seem to suggest a bit more subdued colourway. It could also be just the lighting in the photos but what’s your take ye_cole? Are you happy with how they turned out? I think the mod and legend colours are pretty close but the alpha and accent seem a bit off. I know you’re waiting on a few others to compare to as well.

Edit: I should say that as a whole the colours look very cohesive and that’s probably most important!

The orange came out exactly how I thought the second orange would come out- so that doesn't really need adjustment. The mods + legends are also perfectly fine. I'm not sure about the alpha colors. I think i'll wait until the 2nd sample comes in to pass judgement on that.

Offline cijanzen

[GB] SA Royalty (105 ORDERS :D )
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 13:55:50 »

The orange came out exactly how I thought the second orange would come out- so that doesn't really need adjustment. The mods + legends are also perfectly fine. I'm not sure about the alpha colors. I think i'll wait until the 2nd sample comes in to pass judgement on that.

That sounds great to me! I quite like the accent colour myself and when I adjust the photos a little bit to what I imagine is the correct colour balance and lighting then it all looks very nice! I think this is going to turn out really well and I can’t wait until January!

Edit: I wonder if you could take a photo with the keycaps on their respective Pantone colour sheet just so we can see how they match up?
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2018, 13:59:38 by cijanzen »

Offline suddenZenith

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 18:53:04 »
The samples look a lot brighter than I expected, considering the renders and the pantone color book.

I wish both the mods and alphas were darker. It's a shame because the renders looked so good. I really liked how the colors were burgundy, but almost brown.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 18:57:07 »
The samples look a lot brighter than I expected, considering the renders and the pantone color book.

I wish both the mods and alphas were darker. It's a shame because the renders looked so good. I really liked how the colors were burgundy, but almost brown.

Nothing is set in stone yet and let’s keep in mind we have no idea what kind of lighting conditions these were shot under. If ye_cole takes a photo with the keycaps on their respective Pantone chip we’ll have a much better idea how things match up and if any adjustments are needed.

Offline silversung

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 20:39:56 »

Totally agree that the accent color(orange), mods and legends are spot on. But the alpha colors do seem a little too bright.. almost pinkish? Good to know that there are second samples. Loving this set so far!

Offline dario

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 06:19:45 »
Can somebody explain to me are Maxkey's SA keycaps same as SP's when it comes to dimensions/shape/weight or do they have their own specifications?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 19:06:49 »
I have no idea how to color correct, so these may not be accurate.

My thoughts: LOVING the colors. I think they look great and am going to keep them on my HHKB until royalty ships.

Not 100% sure about the orange, but I'm going to see how it feels like in a couple of days.

I'm going to wait until the 2nd round of samples before making any final decisions, but I'm leaning towards keeping these colors ATM.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2018, 19:21:35 by ye_cole »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 19:20:36 »

Offline suddenZenith

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 00:22:38 »
The recent photos look amazing! Forget what I said about the earlier pictures, the colors are perfect. I can't wait to get my hands on those keycaps.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 08:05:56 »
Yeah I agree. The shot on the hhkb looks great. I’d still love to see a photo with the samples on their respective Pantone chips but I’d certainly be satisfied to receive this set as is from what I can tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline japancakes

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 01:44:46 »
Color balancing photos is really hard for stuff like this.

Looking at the V1 samples and your signature/render right next to each other, everything seems really close except for the alphas being a bight brighter and slightly more orange instead of red. A tad more saturated as another user pointed out. Either way big strides. Looking forward to this.

Offline dario

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 05:16:20 »
Just a little heads-up.

New Cluebord v5 is coming next month, and it looks like this will be their first generation of boards to offer powder coating.

So what does this have to do with SP Royalty? Well, look at "Desert red" option. Seems like hand and glove.

« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2018, 05:18:14 by dario »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 10:39:22 »
Can somebody explain to me are Maxkey's SA keycaps same as SP's when it comes to dimensions/shape/weight or do they have their own specifications?

I came across two different comments about SP vs. Maxkey's SA keycaps: one from Oblotzky on Geekhack and one from he.yun on Massdrop.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2018, 10:45:15 by dvorcol »

Offline dario

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 10:57:39 »
I came across two different comments about SP vs. Maxkey's SA keycaps: one from Oblotzky on Geekhack and one from he.yun on Massdrop.

Thanks man, that's exactly what I needed.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 09:04:44 »
So I saw from the weekly updates that a red alphas colour was chosen. I’m curious which one you ended up with and how close do you think it matches the original Pantone colour you provided?

Offline dario

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 10:24:17 »
Where are those weekly updates you mentioned?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 12:16:12 »

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 22:08:40 »
Hey guys!

Sorry, haven't checked GH in a while as I've been busy.

I haven't chosen a new alpha color- that's a misunderstanding. There are still samples being made for both alpha colors, and I'm waiting on those to decide. However, as I've had more and more time with the caps on my HHKB- now when I reexamine the caps and compare them with the pantone swatch of 492C, I'm heavily leaning towards 491.

I apologize for the misunderstanding!

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 22:10:07 »
Hey guys!

I haven't chosen a new alpha color- that's a misunderstanding. There are still samples being made for both alpha colors, and I'm waiting on those to decide.

Hey! Thanks for checking in. Looking forward to your update when they come in. Take care!

Offline japancakes

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 16:37:46 »
Hey guys!

I haven't chosen a new alpha color- that's a misunderstanding. There are still samples being made for both alpha colors, and I'm waiting on those to decide. However, as I've had more and more time with the caps on my HHKB- now when I reexamine the caps and compare them with the pantone swatch of 492C, I'm heavily leaning towards 491.

woot! The 491 swatch looks closer to the renders imo.

Offline ye_cole

Re: [GB] SA Royalty (1 last round of samples)
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 12:27:35 »
Hey guys! The factory just informed me that they wouldn't be able to make samples for those colors. I don't know why it took them 3 weeks, but they just said this today.

So- I'm going to be going with the 4 colors that I received. I've been using the colors on my board ever since I got them, and I really like how they look. I'm sure that nobody's going to be disappointed with how the colors end up.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] SA Royalty (1 last round of samples)
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 12:33:27 »
Hey guys! The factory just informed me that they wouldn't be able to make samples for those colors. I don't know why it took them 3 weeks, but they just said this today.

So- I'm going to be going with the 4 colors that I received. I've been using the colors on my board ever since I got them, and I really like how they look. I'm sure that nobody's going to be disappointed with how the colors end up.

well, that's odd, but I trust your judgment .  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2018, 13:29:43 by pixelpusher »

Offline quinnx

Re: [GB] SA Royalty (waiting for order to be placed)
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 13:05:20 »
**** move from manufacturer. But I'm cool with the first sample. Cannot wait to touch this set

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 15:22:58 »

Thanks for the update. Too bad about not getting more samples but it did seem like the first ones are good. If you have time would it be possible to just see the samples next to the original Pantone colours you picked? I’m just curious how they compare. Thanks!

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:19:44 »
Thanks for the update. Too bad about not getting more samples but it did seem like the first ones are good. If you have time would it be possible to just see the samples next to the original Pantone colours you picked? I’m just curious how they compare. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't think I can do that! I don't have access to the book anymore. I'll try and see if any local print shops have swatches, but if that doesn't pan out I don't think I'm going to be able to do that.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:21:46 »

Sorry, I don't think I can do that! I don't have access to the book anymore. I'll try and see if any local print shops have swatches, but if that doesn't pan out I don't think I'm going to be able to do that.

Ah, okay! It’ll have to be a surprise then. Looking forward to it.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 23:58:17 »
The set is starting production! The factory says the lead time is 45 days, but please take that with a grain of salt.

Offline bard

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 00:56:11 »
Sweet!
I hope that the Set will match my white lumina  ;D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 21:39:04 »
45 days draws near.  Any word from the manufacturer? 

Offline quinnx

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 12:44:30 »
45 days draws near.  Any word from the manufacturer?

I think the update from Kono store said the manufacturer need another week

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 17:33:48 »
Hmm.   I didn’t see that update. Okie dokie. I’ll check back in a week or so

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 10:08:15 »
Shipment goes out from maxkey this Wednesday! Pics requested from maxkey. :)

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 10:09:01 »
Shipment goes out this Wednesday! Pics requested from maxkey, but no guarantee.

Awesome! I was just browsing this thread when you posted I’m so excited to see how this turned out.

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 10:56:56 »
Shipment goes out from maxkey this Wednesday! Pics requested from maxkey. :)
No delay this time.
 The hype is real bois!

Offline japancakes

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 23:27:28 »
Hype  :eek: