Author Topic: LZ CP  (Read 29359 times)

Offline Shanghaied

Re: LZ CP
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 19:40:42 »
Hmm, not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. Based on Google translation of the page I have flashed the keyboard with loadfw.bat, but I can only get JigOn to connect with the keyboard some of the times. The rest of the time the program crashes with the message "KeyboardDef has stopped working". It read like I'm suppose to connect the keyboard with Esc pressed, but that doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something really obvious?

Without JigOn I can sometimes connect the keyboard and have it working, the rest of the times the RGB LEDs flashes rainbow colours, but the keyboard is otherwise non-functional.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 22:31:17 »
Without JigOn I can sometimes connect the keyboard and have it working, the rest of the times the RGB LEDs flashes rainbow colours, but the keyboard is otherwise non-functional.
I got exactly the same problem, I connected the keyboard to my pc, only got the RGB LEDs flashes, and the PC doesn't recognize the keyboard, nothing is functional, I got this notice everytime I plug kb in:

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 19:58:29 »
I got exactly the same problem, I connected the keyboard to my pc, only got the RGB LEDs flashes, and the PC doesn't recognize the keyboard, nothing is functional, I got this notice everytime I plug kb in:

Show Image

Okay I'm not sure if this applies to your case, but I've got mine working by first disconnecting the keyboard, start JigOn, and then connect the keyboard. Doing it in this sequence seems to allow me to programme the keyboard. It seems that if I start JigOn with the board connected to the computer, the board will enter some where state where the custom settings are either lost or the board is non-functional. Have only tried a couple of times, but that seems to be the case. Hope this helps.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 00:53:56 »

Show Image

Okay I'm not sure if this applies to your case, but I've got mine working by first disconnecting the keyboard, start JigOn, and then connect the keyboard. Doing it in this sequence seems to allow me to programme the keyboard. It seems that if I start JigOn with the board connected to the computer, the board will enter some where state where the custom settings are either lost or the board is non-functional. Have only tried a couple of times, but that seems to be the case. Hope this helps.
Well it doesn't work for me, but thanks!
This happened once with my duck orion,and had to replace the USB port tho, seems like I have to send out this one for repairing. :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 01:03:06 »
Ok, I have to ask, who the **** thought CP was a good name?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 07:55:10 »
why isn't CP a good name?
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 10:33:46 »

Stands for "compact" apparently.

Or any of these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP

Now, if your mind goes there, you have only yourself to blame ;)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 10:50:10 »

Stands for "compact" apparently.

Or any of these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP

Now, if your mind goes there, you have only yourself to blame ;)
Cheese Pizza? You perverts.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 13:35:06 »
Just found this GB and was curious if there's anywhere I can still get my hands on one of these or if there's an email I can reach out to LZ to see if he has any extras I tried translating his site to find a contact us/email but wasn't able to find anything.

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 20:17:36 »
Just found this GB and was curious if there's anywhere I can still get my hands on one of these or if there's an email I can reach out to LZ to see if he has any extras I tried translating his site to find a contact us/email but wasn't able to find anything.

His email:
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:47:38 by quochung1989 »

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 20:18:47 »

His email:

Thanks, hopefully I can snag one somehow!
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:52:56 by daviswalkers »

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:04:38 »

His email:

You may want to edit that out or he'll be getting a lot more spam. This kind of thing should really go over PM.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 21:52:03 »

His email:

You may want to edit that out or he'll be getting a lot more spam. This kind of thing should really go over PM.

Ok. I see. I forgot this. Thanks.

Offline radish

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:12:58 »
any thoughts on layout?

was thinking of doing thing like this. but i have been having a pain of a time finding the right rows in the numpad i want.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:16:49 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:15:58 »
I would like to ask for some help with the LZ-CP, I soldered the diodes, the resistors and the RGB Leds, if I connect the board to my computer only the RGB Led 1 turns red and after sometime starts flashing red slowly. Most of the other leds flash briefly as I plug in the USB cable. How do I check to see if all the RGB Leds function properly? I installed the JigOn software but I am not familiar with it and it seems as nothing changes if I use >Keyboard >Update >All from the menu.

Offline radish

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:51:54 »
Post a pic.

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:10:24 »
Offcourse.

112360-0

Offline radish

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 22:57:33 »
In the pic you posted I would do a once over and reflow with rosin. Some joints don't look tight but it's hard to tell from the pic. I found that those leds are really easy to burn. So be careful of making your iron too hot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2015, 12:04:27 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 04:33:12 »
Offcourse.

(Attachment Link)
Please do as what radish suggested, I had the same problem too.
Reflowing the solder would fix the problem.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 14:09:15 »
Oke, thanks for the suggestion. I will do in the weekend.
I will solder the black Cherry lubed switches as well, see how that goes.

Thanks for the help so far.

Offline radish

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 19:48:59 »
Oke, thanks for the suggestion. I will do in the weekend.
I will solder the black Cherry lubed switches as well, see how that goes.

Thanks for the help so far.

just make sure to fix the LEDs 1st. if you solder more components you might run into problems trying to identifying and isolating why existing components arnt functioning.

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 12:35:08 »
Still no change in the led behavior. I did check all my soldering and it looks fine. What are the leds supposed to do when I plug the board into the USB of my computer? How can I further check the leds?

Never mind, just sloppy soldering on my part  :p
Vomiting rainbow, now  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2015, 13:11:29 by malcomkern »

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 01:42:51 »
Just to let you all know  :p The board is finished and working  :thumb: Thanks for the help, all.
Now the next round of fun begins, selecting a nice set of key caps.

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 09:05:00 »
And some more questions.
1. How do I get the leds in the special row under de USB working for Numlock, Capslock and Scrollock? Only numlock is working at the moment.
2. My KETC1 KEY seems not to register, if I use my multimeter I can see / hear it makes contact all right.
3. I have 3 switch leds not burning, these are, the V and the / and and the PrtScrn key, electrically they seem oke, I switched out leds and resistors but that didn't help.

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2015, 09:20:15 by malcomkern »

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 08:17:23 »
Is there some one you can help me with the above questions?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 08:19:46 »
For 2 and 3 I would try and check your diodes and their orientation.
That's the only thing I can think of.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline radish

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 07:36:16 »
And some more questions.
1. How do I get the leds in the special row under de USB working for Numlock, Capslock and Scrollock? Only numlock is working at the moment.
2. My KETC1 KEY seems not to register, if I use my multimeter I can see / hear it makes contact all right.
3. I have 3 switch leds not burning, these are, the V and the / and and the PrtScrn key, electrically they seem oke, I switched out leds and resistors but that didn't help.

Any help is appreciated.

For 1. Its probably in the software. Most toggle keys are and you just have to find the function that controls those behaviour.
For 2 and 3 I would check what frosty suggested, but also make sure to try a different switch and LEDs. Just to rule out the possibility of defective components.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 07:43:29 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:11:47 »
I just assembled my CP but I have no idea how the LED programming works.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:36:24 »
Everything can be programmed in the JigOn software.

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

My collection

More

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:16:54 »
Everything can be programmed in the JigOn software.

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

I know about the software and I downloaded the latest version.
I just don't know what the options for the LEDs means.
After messing around with it for a while, I still don't know what things like "fading + push" means.

Offline radish

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 03:05:39 »
Any one have a stock bin of the original key map by chance?

Tweaked some stuff, before I saved. Please & thanks

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 16:09:41 »
This, what your looking for?

Offline radish

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 08:10:44 »
This, what your looking for?

That's looks like it thanks allot. Somehow didn't think of saving the original layout, ooops.

LZ CP

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:15:53 »
Anyone with a black bottom or silver bottom want to swap for a red one?