Author Topic: What's the best "boring" mouse?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Protato_Tubby

• "I'm not a pervert, I'm a people enthusiast"
What's the best "boring" mouse?
« on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 08:19:00 »
I'm not a gamer, and I don't want a mouse to look flashy (think Madcatz RAT, or anything covered in RGB) but I still want a fairly large mouse with a decent optical sensor and navigation buttons. The only mouse that comes to mind is the MS intellimouse explorer 3. I haven't been here in a long time - so I haven't really been keeping up with the latest in peripherals. Any recommendations?

Cherry G80 3000 MX Blues | DELL AT102W Black Alps

Offline subcat

• falling in reverse
Re: What's the best "boring" mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 08:20:11 »
look at zowie's stuff

Online Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:39:09 »
look at zowie's stuff

I second this. I just made a couple of posts about the Zowie EC1-B. It's very plain looking with no LEDs. It's very comfortable, large, and has a really great sensor.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • Lo-Fi Low Life
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:41:12 »
I'm not a gamer, and I don't want a mouse to look flashy (think Madcatz RAT, or anything covered in RGB) but I still want a fairly large mouse with a decent optical sensor and navigation buttons. The only mouse that comes to mind is the MS intellimouse explorer 3. I haven't been here in a long time - so I haven't really been keeping up with the latest in peripherals. Any recommendations?

Zowie FK1 or EC2 (depending if you like ambidextrous grip or curved grip). I use both daily and love them.
He only came to save the game like a memory card.

Online Gajible

• Burnin' out this fuse up here alone
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 13:14:05 »
I've found Zowie's stuff to degrade faster than most though. The EC2 I had was a double-click machine in the worst of ways.

Offline davkol

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 13:48:20 »
Logitech G403, Ducky Secret, CM MasterMouse (not sure if they've sorted out the issues already though)…

I like the current Roccat Kone product line… with lights turned off, but buttons fully configured (EasyShift is amazing). Not sure if it's "boring", but it's great.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:37:28 »
If you're not going to game, then you should nab the Intellimouse Classic. It's basically the IE 3.0 but with a Blue Trac sensor. Great for non-gaming related stuff

RealForce 87UB55 | CODE Clears 104 | CODE Clears 87 | Infinity w/ Clears | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Previous boards: RealForce 45g 87UB | HHKB 2 PRO | Leopold FC660C | Filco MJ2 87 (Browns and Blacks) | CM QFR (Blues and Reds) | Filco MJ2  Linear-R | Poker (Reds, Browns, Blacks, Ergo Clears) | Dell AT101W | Matias TP3
Other: G403 | G Pro | Rival 700 | Castor | G502 | G602 | G600 | MX Master | Zowie EC1 CL  | Sensei | IE 3.0 | Kinzu 2 | Perf MX | Imperator | G500 | Apple Magic Mouse

I write code for Stack Overflow.

Online OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 00:41:27 »
not to sound like tp4 but... This is my favorite "boring" mouse:
-Dana

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 14:13:45 »
not to sound like tp4 but... This is my favorite "boring" mouse:
Show Image

WMO or IMO is fine for gaming,  but for widescreen desktop use, the low dpi makes it -impractical-..

I think my Ergopwn 9000 is still the best desktop mouse available..

But if you had to go scrub-lvl-off the shell,  the new logitech wireless with the wireless pad is probably the go-to..

Although it's a bit xpensive.

Offline Chevy_Monsenhor

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 12:18:07 »
Logitech G102/G203, with the LEDs turned off it looks like anything you could get at the cheap local computer store, but its built well, has great buttons and a really good sensor.
Keyboards:
Home: ABNT PS2 Model M (1993, daily driver), ANSI RJ45 terminal Model M (1992), Obins Anne Pro (Gateron Browns)
Work: Lenovo Enhanced USB (hmm, so quiet!)
Pointing devices:
Jack of all trades: Logitech M570
Gaming: Logitech G102
Work: Logitech M90

Offline atarione

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 16:39:38 »
I have big hands.. 

I quite like the Steelseries Sensei ..the old version.. the sensor may be outdated (somewhat) for general usage this should pose no difficulties.

after more or less wearing out my MLG Sensei.. I bought a Zowie ZA11 .. it is pretty meh~ but the scroll wheel sucks a lot..

I'm in the market for a new mouse I guess.. I'm not super impressed with the Zowie in addition the abomination of a scroll wheel the left / right buttons on the mouse started to "shine" about the first time I used the mouse..

Online Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 19:44:51 »
Honestly, the best boring mouse is the Logitech G900/903.
Turn off the lighting and it's bland as can be, I even joked about it getting lost on the mousepad in my review and  here as well.
Filco MJ2 L.E. w/Vortex case, hand milled case, custom feet, custom paint, Klaxxon key caps, lubed and o-ringed Jailhouse Blues made from vintage Cherry MX Blues, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, removable cord, sound dampened. Winkey blockoff plate | Magicforce 68 w/Outemu Blues |KBT Race S L.E. w/Ergo-Clears, custom WASD keyset | Das Pro w/browns (Costar model) | IBM Model M (x2)

Online p_blaze

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 21:14:02 »
I really like the Ducky Secret M, it has this nice middle ground between style and minimalism.

Offline onlyabyte

• y=mx+c
    • tekbyte
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 19:42:57 »
Zowie, Microsoft, Ducky or Steelseries (probably more but that's what I think are nice). I have a Steelseries Rival 100 and when you turn off the LEDs, its a nice office mouse. If you're interested in wireless, consider some of Logitech's peripherals too!