Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396674 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:46:00 »
I haven't realised how heavy the Intellimouse 1.1 is compared to a lot of mice, this thing weighs 147G, compared to a g100s, this is a piece of lead.

147?

is this the intellimouse or the intellimouse explorer.
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1, microsoft has a pdf with all the information about the mouse.

are you including the cable? hahahaha

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #701 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 04:39:00 »
especially in the US, you can find the G100s incredibly cheap. and the shape isn't that much different from the G303, most find it to be more comfortable actually.

Poor child, the G302/303 is a disaster with it's current shape.  If they (Logitech) made a G3 style of shape, watch millions jump off the retail shelves throughout the world.

Most are tiny handed people which are still waiting for their mouse soul-mate, which has yet to surface. 

For the rest of us, we have found the most perfect mouse yet made by Logitech and that is the G900.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #702 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 04:54:44 »
i meant that most find the G100s shape to be more comfortable than that of the G303 :-)

but i'm not sure how well a tiny mouse like that would sell.
i mean, there was also a lot of cry for a new G9-shaped mouse, but it looked like logitech considered that to be too niche to do a re-release for.
but i would definitely get a G1-like shape with a (wireless) 3366, preferably no side-buttons and a normal scroll wheel (not that dumb wheel on the G900).
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #703 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 10:21:05 »
i meant that most find the G100s shape to be more comfortable than that of the G303 :-)

but i'm not sure how well a tiny mouse like that would sell.
i mean, there was also a lot of cry for a new G9-shaped mouse, but it looked like logitech considered that to be too niche to do a re-release for.
but i would definitely get a G1-like shape with a (wireless) 3366, preferably no side-buttons and a normal scroll wheel (not that dumb wheel on the G900).

Yea the whole complicated scroll wheel is so epic dumb..

WHY......................  it's so useless... and it's heavy..

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #704 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 19:49:29 »
Performance MX as my daily driver for 5 year this August. Have had little problems through extensive usage. Great mouse.

G900 is my next mouse. Been meaning to buy it but I keep  spending money on keyboards instead...
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2016, 19:51:36 by Potatoes »

Offline Marizen

« Reply #705 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 22:07:22 »
especially in the US, you can find the G100s incredibly cheap. and the shape isn't that much different from the G303, most find it to be more comfortable actually.

Poor child, the G302/303 is a disaster with it's current shape.  If they (Logitech) made a G3 style of shape, watch millions jump off the retail shelves throughout the world.

Most are tiny handed people which are still waiting for their mouse soul-mate, which has yet to surface. 

For the rest of us, we have found the most perfect mouse yet made by Logitech and that is the G900.

I actually love the G303 shape. I like how it gets skinny near the front. I have average size hands and it's just about the perfect shape for my grip for most games. The only thing is, it doesn't work for my palm grip at all, so I have to swap it out when I'm playing online FPS's.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 08 May 2016, 22:43:17 »
G900 is my next mouse. Been meaning to buy it but I keep  spending money on keyboards instead...

Spend it on both, you do after all need a thoroughly nice input system for your PCs, hence don't hold back no matter what.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #707 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 03:04:52 »
Xtrfy XG-M2
Didn't know the brand when I bought it, I was in a gamestop and needed a mouse because the middle mouse click wasn't working any more.
Was an impulse buy (I'm terrible in that regard.)
Didn't expect to like it too much but I really do, it fits nicely in my hand and fits my grip (fingertip grip) - I don't much care for the lights and stuff but it's not obnoxious or anything so I've learned not to be bothered by it.
I found a general guide to setting up your mouse input settings and stuff (believe it was this one: http://eliteownage.com/mouseguide.html ) and I must say it's been a real pleasant experience so far.
What remains to be seen is how well it lasts.

Offline yaro_b

« Reply #708 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 05:02:42 »
Logitech MX Master is the best. Ergonomic shape and the best wheel in business. "Flat shaded" triangle-tessellated surface for thumb position - nice little touch for a graphics programmer :)

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #709 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:09:03 »
Logitech G602 and G9X. Looking for G9X parts to restore it though.

Offline gohono3

« Reply #710 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 17:39:02 »
Through my lan center and competitive fps days it was hard to beat the tried and true Logitech MX518 for years.

From there I went to the G400, simple and effective, but a little lackluster.  Next up in my drawer waiting for the G400 to conk out is the Proteus G502.

I typically don't like overly complicated mice with a lot of buttons outside of digital editing software, no huge benefit for gaming.

There is one mouse tempting me to experiment outside of the Logitech brand, and that is the Mionix Castor.

Offline eohmiller

« Reply #711 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 15:27:58 »
I use a red-dragon gaming mouse with adjustable weight. I don't even game much. It just feels so nice..
I also use a lot of track-balls due to working in studios. I kinda hate them though. haha

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #712 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 22:27:51 »
For you G900 users, can you leave the mouse charging overnight when your computer is off (via one of my usb 3s)? And how often have you been needing to charge it, anyway?

Since we are here already, still worth the purchase after ~months use? No new problems?

Still waiting for a sale, like someone to put one up on reddit or something. Maybe Black Friday is my best option... Though, it's likely one night I'll be up at 3 am and impulse buy it like I do with most of my stuff.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 May 2016, 22:29:50 by Potatoes »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:47:56 »
Someone recommend me the best reliable wired 4 or 6-button mouse for under $60.

Need to get one ASAP as my Feenix crapped out on me like the piece of crap that it is. Always had issues with it misclicking and scrolling weird, now the left click just doesn't work at all.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #714 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:49:23 »
These two:

Lenovo N50 Wireless Mouse

Microsoft Wedge Mouse Surface Pro edition
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:55:30 »
For you G900 users, can you leave the mouse charging overnight when your computer is off (via one of my usb 3s)? And how often have you been needing to charge it, anyway?

Since we are here already, still worth the purchase after ~months use? No new problems?

Still waiting for a sale, like someone to put one up on reddit or something. Maybe Black Friday is my best option... Though, it's likely one night I'll be up at 3 am and impulse buy it like I do with most of my stuff.

:P
I am trying to find a used one myself. but...
so far it seems like everyone's very happy with it after using it since release, no one is selling any. my friend charges his overnight, and a full charged battery seems to last a few days.
Black Friday is way off though! how could anyone wait that long!

I'm likely going to end up doing an impulse purchase at 3AM some weekend too... fun times!

Someone recommend me the best reliable wired 4 or 6-button mouse for under $60.

Need to get one ASAP as my Feenix crapped out on me like the piece of crap that it is. Always had issues with it misclicking and scrolling weird, now the left click just doesn't work at all.

Logitech G502 is reliable but the scroll wheel kind of sucks cause it's all metal (it works really well, just harsh to use).
if you can get it for <$60 that is. it's built really well. sorta comfortable.

otherwise Mionix Castor is really well-built too IME. not quite as nice as G502 but good.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #716 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:57:07 »
hahaha, that wedge...
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline menuhin

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 15:39:43 »
Sure, it's of pocketable yet very functional size. Not for people with super big hand though.  :cool:
I don't really have time to game anymore by the way.

hahaha, that wedge...
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 04:51:58 »
Castor, Avior, or G502?

Trying to decide between the three.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:21:39 »
Castor, Avior, or G502?

Castor or G502 - shape should be the deciding factor here :p
Avior just isn't comfortable IMHO, if you put any of your palm on the mouse (claw grip is okay but... I don't think it's very ergo tbh. hand too flat position).

Offline Marizen

« Reply #720 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 11:10:15 »
Castor, Avior, or G502?

Castor or G502 - shape should be the deciding factor here :p
Avior just isn't comfortable IMHO, if you put any of your palm on the mouse (claw grip is okay but... I don't think it's very ergo tbh. hand too flat position).

Ya it's basically all dependent on shape. They're all good quality mouses.

Just a couple things I'll point out. Keep in mind, these are just opinions:

G502:
- Pretty heavy even without weights.
- Scrolls wheel feels clunky and puts a lot of weight at the front of the mouse, especially if you don't use weights to balance it out.
- Too skinny for palm grip.
- Left button is concave, right button is convex. Feels really awkward.
- Sensor and click feel are the best I've ever felt (same with G303).

Castor:
- Nice and light.
- Good width in the rear, but I wish it had a higher arch for palm grip.
- A little too wide in the front.
- More of a claw grip mouse i.m.o, but I could see using it for palm also depending on if you like the shape.

Out of the 16 gaming mouses that I have, the Avior is not one of them, so I can't give my opinion on it.

Offline Inception

« Reply #721 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:57:33 »
CM Storm Recon; It's not too flashy even with the LEDs (Which are color changeable via a program created by Cooler Master), and it's got multiple programmable macros which admittedly have gone to waste in my part, as I just use them as media shortcuts (For Spotify and such) but they can be utilized to do so much more than what I use them for. The only gripe I've got about this one is the scroll wheel got squeaky after a couple weeks of use, I've had it for almost a year now (Since the 14th of July in 2015) and it's still just as good as the day I got it. Highly recommend if you don't want something to heavy or too large... It's ambidextrous too so if you'd rather have something you can place to your left it's great. I think the price of these actually went up a bit - Probably less demand so less are being made. It was $30 at the time but I think they go for like $80 now... Probably not worth that price tag but that's anyone's choice.
-CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Blues

Offline Tactile

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 13:15:36 »
Well, I spent some time with the gas-powered weedeater the other day & my wrist was so sore I put the Zowie EC1-A in the drawer & got out the Itac industrial USB trackball. I don't know how long 'till I recover but this is much more comfortable for now.
REΛLFORCE

Offline bubblebobbler

« Reply #723 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 04:57:24 »
using a deathadder chroma atm, used a g500 for around 5 years and tried to transition to a g502 for around a year, still disliked it. the DA Chroma shape is amazing for me

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #724 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 14:01:32 »
Daily is a G400 which replaced a MX1000. Wireless ones I carry with my laptop, M510 which replaced my VX Revolution. Used a Mad Catz 9 for a while and didn't like it in the least. If anything I tried harder to like it as it was expensive and had many option and panels but I just couldn't find a config I liked. Went back to Logitech with the G400 and couldn't be happier. If it's like my other Logitechs, which all still work btw, I expect it will be a long time before I go looking for another.

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #725 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 05:52:26 »
I am either using a Razer deathadder chroma or an iMac trackpad
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #726 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 03:59:39 »
G402, G400s, G303.

I'm a Logitech fanboi (for only mice)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #727 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:17:15 »
Zowie EC1-As are back in stock at Amazon.  Tempting.  Did they fix the problems with them yet?  Thought I recall something on some issues with these so had held off. 

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #729 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:38:26 »
Upgraded from a FK1 to a MX Master - need a MX board now.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #730 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:47:00 »
Bought a Zowie fk2 to replace my zowei fk1. Mine still works, but I want a mouse after using this one for about 2 years.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #731 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:56:23 »
What's the best wired 5 button mouse for work?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=mouse+5+buttons+wired&rh=n%3A541966%2Ck%3Amouse+5+buttons+wired

Haha, the color of the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 is 'Lochness Gray'

G900 would be excellent for work imo

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #732 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:58:00 »

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=mouse+5+buttons+wired&rh=n%3A541966%2Ck%3Amouse+5+buttons+wired

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g900-chaos-spectrum-mouse

this one? i don't really wanna look like i'm about to travel through space

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #733 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:06:02 »

Fair enough. Supposedly the G900 has one of the best mouse sensors but I guess it would look weird in a non-creative work environment.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #734 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:09:13 »

Fair enough. Supposedly the G900 has one of the best mouse sensors but I guess it would look weird in a non-creative work environment.

might just go with the g500, i had this one previously. its pretty good. right now im using this ****ty default OEM dell mouse and i hate it

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #735 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 16:31:32 »
After using my new Mionix Castor for about a week it has become one of my favorite mice I've owned (2nd only to the amazing Boomslang, it's shape is perfect for my hand)

Not as comfortable as my Nascita or Naos, but much more responsive and easier to control. The clicks are very responsive and the sensor is fantastic.

The software isn't built-in, which is what I guess Mionix is doing now to avoid printing cd's which makes sense, but once downloaded it works great and has a lot of nice features. I wish it had an unlockable scroll wheel like Logitech mice, but otherwise it is a perfect no-nonsense mouse. Mionix products have always been good to me, so I expect this to be of the same quality and I should get a good 3-4 years out of this guy.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 June 2016, 16:34:01 by noisyturtle »

Offline duhhey

« Reply #736 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:48:44 »
Logitech G303. I just fell in love with the shape XD

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #737 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 18:24:02 »
I just got another G303 after giving my last one away ..

It was on sale i couldn't resist..

Anyway,

The feet i think has been made thinner since my last one,  if I press a little harder, it feels scratchy against the pad..

Lens rattle is still there..  but it's not as bad,  took it apart, easy fix. .

I think overall... the shape requires too much twisting of the hand to meet flush with the shape..

This is probably the biggest issue..

Other mice which have more butt, can accommodate a more sideways grip style,  but this one is so flat in the middle that there's really no other way to grab it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #738 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 11:39:07 »
I recently found a setting in my Debians to reverse mouse acceleration. WTF.. so it didn't fix it completely but for now I'm 80% jitter free. I could rock the 8k cpi/dpi that my Sentey Rev. mouse is capable of if I was using my right hand to mouse. I'm not that accurate with my left hand so I keep the cpi/dpi at 3.2k for now.

I think it's pretty obvious that reversing mouse acceleration via software is not the best way to 'fix' those mouse jitters but it's a decent quick fix of sorts. Saving for the G900.. *whistles*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:28:53 »
I recently found a setting in my Debians to reverse mouse acceleration. WTF.. so it didn't fix it completely but for now I'm 80% jitter free. I could rock the 8k cpi/dpi that my Sentey Rev. mouse is capable of if I was using my right hand to mouse. I'm not that accurate with my left hand so I keep the cpi/dpi at 3.2k for now.

I think it's pretty obvious that reversing mouse acceleration via software is not the best way to 'fix' those mouse jitters but it's a decent quick fix of sorts. Saving for the G900.. *whistles*

g900 definitely has the bigger butt.  but I think an EVEN Bigger butt would be ideal.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #740 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:35:39 »

g900 definitely has the bigger butt.  but I think an EVEN Bigger butt would be ideal.

Firm mouse tushie is all I care about. But seriously, I use both hands to mouse (totally happened by accident :-[ while cleaning) and the g900 gots it where it counts in that regard. Wireless would make it easy to switch hit no? Teach me the ways of the tushie :cool:

Offline dustigroove

« Reply #741 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 22:42:42 »
Roccat Kova

Linux support is a must for me... having an open source config tool is a plus. Very easy to customize... love it so far.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2016, 07:43:28 by dustigroove »

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #742 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 03:09:57 »
Logitech G402.

I recently got it to replace my Razer Deathadder 3.5g. I am really enjoying it so far. It doesn't get all sweaty and gross like the Deathadder and has on the fly DPI control which is super handy.

Offline Turbodruk

• Down with the sickness
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 09:34:37 »
These two:

Show Image

Show Image

Needs more polygon. ;)

This is my Elecom Nendo Orime (white version). Came from Japan, used Autohotkey to bind media functions to the buttons on the side. Only thing is that the wireless reciever must be in the front panel usb ports, because when plugged in the motherboard it tends to lose signal. Lovely mouse :)

Cherry G80-11900 Filco Minila White Ducky Mini YOTH    Filco Tenkeypad BT
Gateron Green       MX-Blue              MX-Blue             MX-Brown

Offline menuhin

« Reply #744 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 13:42:38 »
You know what, I have been thinking about getting this Elecom Nendo Orime mouse (black version or the white version you have in here) for ages. The N50 is a compromise in terms of price, and I even suspect the conceptual design from N50 might originate from the Elecom Nendo Orime.
Very nice!  :thumb:

These two:

Show Image

Show Image

Needs more polygon. ;)

Show Image

Show Image

This is my Elecom Nendo Orime (white version). Came from Japan, used Autohotkey to bind media functions to the buttons on the side. Only thing is that the wireless reciever must be in the front panel usb ports, because when plugged in the motherboard it tends to lose signal. Lovely mouse :)
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #745 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 13:53:35 »
Right now using a DXT Mouse that I received as a review sample. It's actually not that bad. Been using it since last week, and it's a fine work mouse. Lacks some features (back/forward buttons), and I would change some positioning, but, having it use the same DPI settings I have for my Logitech mouse, it's a nice break for the normal mouses I have.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #746 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 23:46:35 »
The Feenix Vitesse just launched today.
Meh.
http://www.feenixcollection.com/vitesse.html

I liked my Nascita for all it's flaws, used it for about a year. Curious to hear feedback from some hands-on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #747 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:46:32 »
The Feenix Vitesse just launched today.
Meh.
http://www.feenixcollection.com/vitesse.html

I liked my Nascita for all it's flaws, used it for about a year. Curious to hear feedback from some hands-on.

I don't trust feenix,  their mouse is totally Mediocre.  and they have no idea what they're doing. .

ODM / OEM slop

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #748 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 11:19:57 »
The Feenix Vitesse mouse is not for lefties? Why would they make the ring finger button longer than the index finger button? So random
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 July 2016, 11:22:07 by csmertx »

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 02:42:58 »
I don't like this G402 as much as my deathadder.

In every way the G402 is a better mouse but my deathadder was just so much more comfortable in my hand.