Author Topic: New Ducky Artisan Skull Keys In Stock  (Read 27684 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: New Ducky Artisan Skull Keys In Stock
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:10:40 »
Love the way my ancient looks but the stem on mine is just really loose. The cap sort of just sits on the switch free to come off if the board is tipped/bumped etc. even painters tape three layers thick doesn't do the job. I'll figure something out.

Have the same issue with my Exoskull but the scotch tape remedy could help with multiple layers. Have yet to do it on mine just yet. Letting it just rest there bc it looks so good.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 May 2013, 03:49:01 by VesperSAINT »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:32:09 »
Love the way my ancient looks but the stem on mine is just really loose. The cap sort of just sits on the switch free to come off if the board is tipped/bumped etc. even painters tape three layers thick doesn't do the job. I'll figure something out.

Maybe plumbers tape?  Or you can go totally hardcore and hot glue it in place.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:34:44 »
I like them, but they are more artwork than keycap. A little too much for me personally to have on the keyboard. They do look amazing. One thing that also really bugs me is when the stems are loose. I had the same thing on some anodized aluminium keys and it bugged me so much that I took them off.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Ducky nordic

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 03:30:41 »

Hi m8,

Metal stem is a tricky one. Just a tad too little and it dont fit at all, just a tad too much and it can be loose. Its unforgiving.

Usually our metal stems are actually pretty tight. If theres a very visible fault on the stem you could take a pic of it and send to techkeys. I will send some replacement caps to techkeys at some point...so anyone with a major fault on a stem can get theirs replaced.

-> Pics

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 03:44:36 »
Hi m8,

Metal stem is a tricky one. Just a tad too little and it dont fit at all, just a tad too much and it can be loose. Its unforgiving.

Usually our metal stems are actually pretty tight. If theres a very visible fault on the stem you could take a pic of it and send to techkeys. I will send some replacement caps to techkeys at some point...so anyone with a major fault on a stem can get theirs replaced.

Oo, this could prove to be helpful. Thank you for your consideration!
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 May 2013, 03:49:27 by VesperSAINT »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
New Ducky Artisan Skull Keys In Stock
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:40:20 »

Hi m8,

It's all good. I have a bunch of metal caps and not a single one fits perfect so I get it. I'm thinking a little duct tape piece might do the trick. The stem is in perfect condition so there is no damage. Sounds common enough, so a home remedy will need to do.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:37:16 »
http://www.techkeys.us/artisan-keys.php

Sixshooters. It's happening~

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:39:43 »
Good prices! :cool:
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:40:36 »
Yeah. I already have the Ancient and Exoskull... tempting to get! It makes the skulls look even better. HHHHhhnnnnnnnggg~

Offline orlando

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:50:28 »
Tempting, but I think I'll wait for the dark ones to be released. Hopefully soon!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 01:33:34 »
http://www.techkeys.us/artisan-keys.php

Sixshooters. It's happening~

Just saw this, kinda cool. 80  for the set seems reasonable compared to previous prices.

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 03:02:47 »
I wonder if some candle wax might help. Use the wax when mushy, let it set inside stem (or use it when mushy for a stronger fix - removal using a lighter/ focussed heat source on metal to gently heat wax) , and then gently mount keycap onto switch.

Don't know if this will work for these keys as I don't have one but for me it creates a snug fit on other metal keys I have. At worst I use a tooth pick to remove the wax.
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 03:11:20 »
I wonder if some candle wax might help. Use the wax when mushy, let it set inside stem (or use it when mushy for a stronger fix - removal using a lighter/ focussed heat source on metal to gently heat wax) , and then gently mount keycap onto switch.

Don't know if this will work for these keys as I don't have one but for me it creates a snug fit on other metal keys I have. At worst I use a tooth pick to remove the wax.

Interesting idea! Might be too messy for my liking but it definitely seems viable.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:23:51 »

I have just used a thin piece of paper before and that worked. But yeah, loose fitting keycaps is also one of my pet peeves. If they are on keys you generally do not use, like Print Screen on whatever, then it is fine. But on something like an escape it just bothers me too much to keep it on there.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 05:35:14 »

I have just used a thin piece of paper before and that worked. But yeah, loose fitting keycaps is also one of my pet peeves. If they are on keys you generally do not use, like Print Screen on whatever, then it is fine. But on something like an escape it just bothers me too much to keep it on there.

Agreed. I use the scotch tape method. Has worked perfectly so far but never tried it with the Artisan caps. Just left them loose :P