Author Topic: What in god's name is this abomination??  (Read 29272 times)

Offline dmbr

What in god's name is this abomination??
« on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 02:17:46 »
REDRAGON®PERDITION 16400 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3CB17C9616

16400 DPI??? It has to be an 8200 DPI sensor fudged up to be 16400, right?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Re: What in god's name is this abomination??
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 02:26:09 »
REDRAGON®PERDITION 16400 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3CB17C9616

16400 DPI??? It has to be an 8200 DPI sensor fudged up to be 16400, right?

It seems like a bullcrap, but it's supposed to be a super gamer mouse from Asia.  Prolly from China, maybe Taiwan, but more likely China.

I like how it has 12 macro buttons.  I guess for the macro kings of Starcraft, or Dota 2.  I dunno. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 02:55:55 »
It seems like a bullcrap, but it's supposed to be a super gamer mouse from Asia.  Prolly from China, maybe Taiwan, but more likely China.

Isn't that a copy of a lame G600 and/or a Razer Naga junk?  In all probability it could be a higher quality mouse than what Logitech or Razer could ever release  :)) .

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 07:33:22 »
You would think they would have at least one or two options between 8200 and 16400  ::)

Offline osi

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 07:35:29 »
For 4K displays?!?! :x

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 07:37:14 »
The sensor can actually only do 8200. The 16400 setting is interpolated and mostly just for marketing.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 09:18:04 »
Isn't that a copy of a lame G600 and/or a Razer Naga junk?  In all probability it could be a higher quality mouse than what Logitech or Razer could ever release  :)) .

Looks to be a little cheaper than the G600 or Naga, without being particularly inferior to either in terms of sensor. I'd probably describe it as being of the same type (MMO mouse) rather than a "copy".

The test for this mouse will be the power of its macro system. Mice in this genre are not about performing high-skill tasks, which have different demands in terms of shape and weight, and require a better sensor; rather, the idea is to help with the performance of a large number of low-skill tasks, through increased control availability and automation. The ability to give buttons something other than a straight line script of outputs can greatly increase the automation potential of a mouse (as can adding flexibility in terms of what kinds of input can trigger or affect a macro, though such power is usually far too much to expect from a mouse at this price). Reviews on Amazon suggest that the Redragon may be lacking in this regard.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:45:40 »
It's the Redragon, do you see? DO YOU SEE?

16400 DPI though? WTF, does the mouse just jump across the screen when a fruit fly beats it's wings from another room?
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 February 2014, 13:47:17 by noisyturtle »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 15:16:35 »
Don't **** with the red dragon with only one D.

Anyways did somebody say interpolation and jitter?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 15:19:31 »
Newegg really shouldn't have done this "first from asia" BS

Banggood is on there, look at their feedback...
http://www.newegg.com/Electronic-Depot

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 16:06:36 »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 18:30:37 »
It says it uses an Avago A9800 sensor.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 18:36:00 »
I was looking at it today too--has pretty good reviews on Amazon.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 06:49:18 »
It's the Redragon, do you see? DO YOU SEE?

16400 DPI though? WTF, does the mouse just jump across the screen when a fruit fly beats it's wings from another room?

hahahahah XD yup, exactly what I was thinking ;)
I like the keyboards... I feel we all do.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 15:30:25 »
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 15:39:38 »
I would use 16.4k DPI...
I love Elzy

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 15:52:15 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 16:35:31 »
I actually have this mouse on the way to test out.  Found it for $32 used on Amazon.  It's got very good reviews both on the U.S. Amazon (4.4/5 stars) and on the UK Amazon (4.7/5 stars), so I expect it to be at least decent.  Never used a many-key mouse like that before, so this will be an interesting sample to play with.  Also my first laser mouse...  Will report back :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Xiltyn

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 01:28:42 »
I actually own this mouse and own:
Razer Ouroboros (huge waist of money imho) operates as expected but just doesn't fit the hand well
Logitech: A few different models.

Redragons Perdition is by far my favorite for gaming. 
It did remind me of the Naga when I first looked at it but the side buttons are actually set up in groups of 3 with
angling so that the first set and second set is angled towards each other making it much easier to be sure of which set
and button my thumb is on without having to feel around at all.
The 'fire' button is nicely placed to use as whatever button I want it to be.
The driver software is easy to use and not connected to any sort of cloud (the later being the biggest plus for me).
Now the 16500 interpolation of course I don't use and at first install the dpi was set up to above the 1/2 way mark
making the slightest touch of the mouse jump across my monitors.  Took the slightest touches to be able to get the setting down to where I prefer it.

The mouse it's self supports macros and scripts for each and every button all loaded directly into the mouse so no
'third party software' between your mouse and game to set off any sort of game client issues.

Ergonomically speaking it's about as close to perfect as I could hope for (at least for me).

All in all if you are an mmo player and looking for a new mouse to use I highly suggest this mouse.  Especially as it's price
(on Amazon) seems to be very steady around $35.00 USD now.  Less expensive than the naga and more functionality with less bloat.

Just my opinion after using it and I know this is my first post here so my opinion isn't going to be regarded highly but maybe after this gets bumped others that use it will pipe in as well.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 10:30:56 »
114044-0

Offline NobodyMan

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 17:45:12 »

Looks to be a little cheaper than the G600 or Naga, without being particularly inferior to either in terms of sensor. I'd probably describe it as being of the same type (MMO mouse) rather than a "copy".

The test for this mouse will be the power of its macro system. Mice in this genre are not about performing high-skill tasks, which have different demands in terms of shape and weight, and require a better sensor; rather, the idea is to help with the performance of a large number of low-skill tasks, through increased control availability and automation. The ability to give buttons something other than a straight line script of outputs can greatly increase the automation potential of a mouse (as can adding flexibility in terms of what kinds of input can trigger or affect a macro, though such power is usually far too much to expect from a mouse at this price). Reviews on Amazon suggest that the Redragon may be lacking in this regard.

Sorry for the necro, everyone. 

I recently purchased this mouse and I just wanted to point out that the user FoxWolf1 is exactly on point with this mouse.

It's a quality mouse, solid.  The weakness lies within its macro software...  there is absolutely zero functionality for your macros besides a simple 1-255 loop.  You can not even stop a macro from playing, all you can do is set how many times it loops, with a maximum of 255 loops.

I was very satisfied with this mouse until I learned this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 June 2017, 17:49:23 by NobodyMan »