Author Topic: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock  (Read 48371 times)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
full set pls
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
The costs associated with a GB not hitting MOQ are almost zero. I don't see any downside to posting the full set and seeing how it does. I'm also skeptical that an IC is a good representative sample of buyers.

All of which is to say: full set, and let the GB numbers speak for themselves.

Offline avtar

I wonder if there are users here who are active on Asian forums that could help collect orders and/or act as proxies.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
or for hitting MoQ, we can have some interesting sub-legend, like the purple one on some G80-1000 board
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
or for hitting MoQ, we can have some interesting sub-legend, like the purple one on some G80-1000 board
Not sure UK ISO would hit MOQ :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
do it in ANSI \m/
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
do it in ANSI \m/
I think those purple legends on that 1000HAG only have a purpose on UK ISO, unless you're thinking of making up some new purple legends.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
yeah I know but  I just love the purple color so :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
It's everything you need to use an Originative or IMSTO set with a standard board. But speak up if you would also like/prefer a full classic beige GMK set.

I would love to get a full classic white/beige GMK set.   

Also would be interested in getting a separate pro pack with the 1.25 mods, center stem caps lock, etc. (Depending on price)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 00:01:50 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
could there be a mod only set?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I vote C or B
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
could there be a mod only set?

I think this should be included, a full set and a mod bundle.

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
How much do you want for a mod set, let's do this! :)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
C) Both
I know there are plenty of people that will buy the whole set and there are those that need the moogle so why not both? I would buy both!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
I'm very much down for the bundle.

Offline GhostofHarry

I will vote for A and C as i have got the imsto cyrillic dyesub :)

will be pretty nice if i can get a winkey bottom row to perfect the set:thumb:

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Vote C

We can go to Capslock & Scroll lock arrow as below picture? Even add some windowed caps  :p

(picture of Dubs)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Vote C

We can go to Capslock & Scroll lock arrow as below picture? Even add some windowed caps  :p

Show Image

(picture of Dubs)

That does look good,  but I think that text looks better on a classic scheme.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline UniClown

Full Classic gets my vote. Either way, please ensure a 1.75x rShift makes it.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Vote C

Show Image

(picture of Dubs)

Yeah of course :) but we can add it as options. May be someone wanna it  :p

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Vote C

Show Image

(picture of Dubs)

If they were a add on option I would get them :D
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Vote C

Show Image

(picture of Dubs)

If they were a add on option I would get them :D

Yeah same me hahaha :p

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Any price quotes yet from GMK? tinlong is doing his moogle buy but at $60 shipped idk. Ivan was talking about getting the sets down to about $100 for his upcoming Dolch buy. $100 for a complete set sounds way better than $60 for 20% of a set.

Offline avtar

Would it be possible to have an add-on for beige spacebars?

Offline tinlong117

Full set? We will never hit the MOQ.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Sure we will.  Or are you just crapping the thread because you want your more expensive set to be successful.  I'd rather buy a marginally more expensive full set and would definitely be down.  Hell, if we had a $100 full set, I'd be down for two or three, even if I just resold one or two later.

Offline tinlong117

Sure we will.  Or are you just crapping the thread because you want your more expensive set to be successful.  I'd rather buy a marginally more expensive full set and would definitely be down.  Hell, if we had a $100 full set, I'd be down for two or three, even if I just resold one or two later.

What happened to last Ivan's fullset GB?

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder

OC peeps think alike ;)

That was a not so popular single color set. Classic beige is classic beige.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Ivan's current BSP set looks like it's going forward.  His last full set was unsuccessful because he was trying to please everyone and it was something like $200 to get a normal usable set.  A more standard $100 full set ANSI layout will easily hit the MOQ.

Offline cphead

The demand for two tone classic beige is much higher than single tone white on dark gray. The idea for white on dark gray was to have a base set for mixing and matching mods and alphas, but with classic beige you don't have to do that. It's also much more attractive to people just getting into keyboards.

Of course, no one knows if this will reach MOQ without trying it  :p

Offline tinlong117

Ivan's current BSP set looks like it's going forward.  His last full set was unsuccessful because he was trying to please everyone and it was something like $200 to get a normal usable set.  A more standard $100 full set ANSI layout will easily hit the MOQ.

It was like $130 or $120 at the end. Also, only ANSI? That's selfish.

EDIT: I don't think it's good to have 2 GMK full sets GB at the same time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 21:22:15 by tinlong117 »

Offline yicaoyimu

^ this. Ivan's dark grey full set is $120 for almost all layout you can think of but it still didn't hit MOQ.

link: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48798.0

Again, I'm just trying to provide the right information. Not saying this buy won't hit MOQ or anything.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

I don't consider it selfish to want a GB to succeed.   :rolleyes:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Emphasis on at the end.  I stopped following the thread because the price was all over the place.  I'm sure tons of other people stopped looking because they only knew about the incredibly expensive $200+ full set and never saw the price changes.  If you have a low initial price, more people are willing to commit.

And what's selfish about ANSI?  Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers.  Why should the community carry ISO on GMK when they can't even hit minimum quantities at SP?  I'm all for making ISO and helping if it's a little short, but when you can't even hit the low SP minimums, it's not fair to the community to subsidize it on GMK.  If you want ISO, split the cost of the minimum and give the ISO buyers the extras.  They can sell them to recoup their losses.

And who cares what you think about two GMK sets at the same time.  If we can have multiple people committing to $150+ on two different SP sets being made at the same time, who's to say they can't commit to $200 on two higher quality good GMK sets.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 21:28:54 by nubbinator »

Offline tinlong117

Emphasis on at the end.  I stopped following the thread because the price was all over the place.  I'm sure tons of other people stopped looking because they only knew about the incredibly expensive $200+ full set and never saw the price changes.  If you have a low initial price, more people are willing to commit.

And what's selfish about ANSI?  Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers.  Why should the community carry ISO on GMK when they can't even hit minimum quantities at SP.  I'm all for making ISO and helping if it's a little short, but when you can't even hit the low SP minimums, it's not fair to the community to subsidize it.

Typical American.

I mean ISO users also pay what they don't/have no use. We have this discussion for so many times so I'm not going to bring this up again. 

And who cares what you think about two GMK sets at the same time.
IVAN thinks the same.
If we can have multiple people committing to $150+ on two different SP sets being made at the same time, who's to say they can't commit to $200 on two higher quality good GMK sets.
MOQ of SP sets - 1
MOQ of GMK sets - 250
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 21:35:22 by tinlong117 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
And that's fine.  You never know if you don't try.  If you're talking $150+ sets, of course one or both won't do well, but if you do it close to the $100 mark, things will be different.  But you're just hanging on to one small part of what I said.  I'm just wondering why you're crapping this thread when you have your own more expensive GB.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder

And what's selfish about ANSI?  Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers.  Why should the community carry ISO on GMK when they can't even hit minimum quantities at SP.  I'm all for making ISO and helping if it's a little short, but when you can't even hit the low SP minimums, it's not fair to the community to subsidize it.

And who cares what you think about two GMK sets at the same time. If we can have multiple people committing to $150+ on two different SP sets being made at the same time, who's to say they can't commit to $200 on two higher quality good GMK sets.
IVAN thinks the same.

Well we don't even have one going right now.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
What GB is Ivan running right now?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder

Black on black PBT. He said he will be doing a Dolch GMK soon. (I think he is also doing a novelty key buy as well. Dude is a GB stud!)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Current BoB set is made by Plum, not BSP, even with the nice price ($75) and lowerer MoQ (300) compared to BSP (something like $130 for MoQ of 400), the set was struggling quite hard with the MoQ though  ::)
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Black on black PBT. He said he will be doing a Dolch GMK soon. (I think he is also doing a novelty key buy as well. Dude is a GB stud!)

I thought the black on black PBT was finished just waiting on samples.  I know that he is taking polls for R2 novelty caps.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder

I thought the black on black PBT was finished just waiting on samples.  I know that he is taking polls for R2 novelty caps.

Well yeah I meant thats what he has going on. He has no current GMK buy as far as I know.

Offline pasph

And what's selfish about ANSI?  Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers.  Why should the community carry ISO on GMK when they can't even hit minimum quantities at SP?  I'm all for making ISO and helping if it's a little short, but when you can't even hit the low SP minimums, it's not fair to the community to subsidize it on GMK.  If you want ISO, split the cost of the minimum and give the ISO buyers the extras.  They can sell them to recoup their losses.

And who cares what you think about two GMK sets at the same time.  If we can have multiple people committing to $150+ on two different SP sets being made at the same time, who's to say they can't commit to $200 on two higher quality good GMK sets.

Have you seen Granite GB?
Have you seen R5 GB?
Iso people (not you) has paid for their INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE KITS (not for 4 Keys iso kit).
I don't want your "charity".
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Well yeah I meant thats what he has going on. He has no current GMK buy as far as I know.

Yeah I think he is still deciding whether he is doing his next set in PBT or GMK.  I hope it's a classic beige/white PBT set.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

Have you seen R5 GB?
Iso people (not you) has paid for their INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE KITS (not for 4 Keys iso kit).

Ughhh neither of those have the MOQ of GMK, how is that a fair comparison?

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★

Have you seen R5 GB?

Ughhh neither of those have the MOQ of GMK, how is that a fair comparison?
Nor the GMK price..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
With GMK... offering DE,IT,ES,NO,SE,FR...etc. there is not enough interest from those people to reach MOQ of 250. With SP stuff you can offer anything as long as it makes like MOQ of 10 and people will pay that price it can be made. For GB though... it's like 4 keys extra on US so it's not a big deal to offer that ISO. But even still I will probably be cutting those dedicated keys and have the GB alternate letter pad side print on the US ones along with chopping some of the extra others that are not so common that were on the white/grey set from before.
Even still... that groupbuy came only 40 sets short of the 250 MOQ. If Korea forums participated at all then it probably would have happened but I have no idea what their deal is lately. Seems like they have all gone back to separatist stance.

Dolch buy will start soon, next month sometime.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:26:21 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
With GMK... offering DE,IT,ES,NO,SE,FR...etc. there is not enough interest from those people to reach MOQ of 250. With SP stuff you can offer anything as long as it makes like MOQ of 10 and people will pay that price it can be made. For GB though... it's like 4 keys extra on US so it's not a big deal to offer that ISO. But even still I will probably be cutting those dedicated keys and have the GB alternate letter pad side print on the US ones along with chopping some of the extra others that are not so common that were on the white/grey set from before.
Even still... that groupbuy came only 40 sets short of the 250 MOQ. If Korea forums participated at all then it probably would have happened but I have no idea what their deal is lately. Seems like they have all gone back to separatist stance.

Dolch buy will start soon, next month sometime.

If you don't go ISO kit, maybe we can't to lead some member on DT to participate group buy who they like ISO layout

Good news about dolch  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 May 2014, 01:54:27 by quochung1989 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Ideally I wish we could get a GB that offers a full set of GMK white/beige.

+1
+1
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More