Author Topic: somthing new from kensington?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline bigpook

somthing new from kensington?
« on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 15:26:07 »
I was trolling the kensington site and saw this.

Looks like an improved version of the orbit.

http://us.kensington.com/html/17531.html

not quite available yet, hopefully soon.
It has a scroll ring, but looks to be two button. They should have went the extra step and made it four buttons.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2009, 15:32:16 by bigpook »
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline TWX

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 October 2009, 01:28:21 »
Quote from: bigpook;124347
I was trolling the kensington site and saw this.

Looks like an improved version of the orbit.

http://us.kensington.com/html/17531.html

not quite available yet, hopefully soon.
It has a scroll ring, but looks to be two button. They should have went the extra step and made it four buttons.

They already have a four button trackball with scroll ring though.  With this thing at a price point of $40, if it had four buttons it would cannibalize sales from the pricey (and presumably profitable) Expert Mouse, or it'd have to cost more, leaving that market segment uncovered.

Having a scroll-wheel-less Orbit at work and an Expert Mouse Pro from a few years ago, I find that I don't really use any of the extra buttons and could get away with only two buttons on my Expert Mouse Pro much more than I would ever need a four-button Orbit.  I don't even use the scroll wheel on the bigger trackball.
TWX
C:\>echo y|format C: /q

Offline bigpook

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 20:44:56 »
I suppose. Its wishful thinking for me. I like the smaller size of the orbit but like the 4 buttons on the expert as I do use them. I use the current orbit when I am in the field as the trackpad on my laptop is horrid to use for extended periods of time.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII