Author Topic: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?  (Read 28108 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:41:16 »
G403 wireless... great shell, great scrollwheel (I hate those hyperwheels), great sensor, actually really lasts 1 week. Fits great in the hand. Mmmm... and the wirelessness is so great.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:08:16 »
G403 wireless... great shell, great scrollwheel (I hate those hyperwheels), great sensor, actually really lasts 1 week. Fits great in the hand. Mmmm... and the wirelessness is so great.

The teflon feet it uses is really next lvl..

It's pressed just right to reduce the total surface contact area.

Thereby producing stability without more friction.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:14:36 »

Works perfectly on my qck xxl. Only, when I plug in the mouse with the cable, the cable really provides friction against my desk.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 13:49:35 »

Works perfectly on my qck xxl. Only, when I plug in the mouse with the cable, the cable really provides friction against my desk.
Currently, my favorite mouse is the Logitech G403 wired. I use a Zowie mouse bungee to keep the cable elevated.

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Bungee-Mouse-Management-Device-Sporting/dp/B071YYV73Y/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J03X56FABRJWKC3BMH19

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 19:07:20 »
I don't think I have an "ideal" mouse to be honest. I'm extremely budget limited, so I've learned when not to be too picky.

First personal mouse was the MX518. Good mouse, had it for years until it wore out. Tried to sell it to a local store early on when desperate for cash, only to discover the store full of trained experts had no clue what an optical sensor was, claiming it was broken because the sensor didn't light up.

Next was the Logitech G500. Despite prediction and acceleration, a good mouse, until it started double clicking. Not having the experience or tools to fix the issue, I put it in a drawer in case I did someday.

Replaced it with a Razer Abyssus, which was terrible for multiple reasons, not the least of which was you had to flip it over to adjust dpi, which was either way too slow or way too high. I gave it away and borrowed my mom's G500s for a while. To explain how terrible this mouse was: My current monitor, our deep fryer and my mechanical keyboard are all from this year, and I have no intention of replacing them quite yet (my monitor may need to be replaced due to problems with the HDMI port, however). She also still has the G500s, which I bought for her the year prior, and she's still using it.

Replaced the borrowed mouse with my current G303 Daedalus Prime and returned it to it's rightful owner. Not perfect, but very usable, excellent sensor, and does just what I need. The fact that I can program it if need be is a huge plus.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 19:11:05 »
mx518 -> G400 -> G400s

Yes my ideal mouse exists.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 07:59:54 »

YES, MY FAVOURITE MOUSE EXISTS. IT IS KNOWN AS THE MICROSOFT MOUSE. THE MICROSOFT MOUSE IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE CRAPPLE MOUSE BECAUSE IT HAS TWICE AS MANY BUTTONS. CRAPPLE, BEING A STUPID COMPANY RUN BY IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE COMPUTERS, DECIDED THAT THEY WERE "TOO COOL" FOR A TWO BUTTON MOUSE. BUT NOT ME! I USE ONE ALL THE TIME. I USE NOTHING BUT GENUINE MICROSOFT MICE, PLUGGED INTO MY SERIAL PORT, OR PS/2 PORT, DEPENDING ON THE COMPUTER OR MOUSE THAT I AM USING. THE BEAUTIFUL OFF-WHITE YELLOWISH BEIGE COLOUR ADDS SO MUCH BEAUTY AND CHARACTER TO THESE ARTISTICALLY DESIGNED MASTERPIECES. NOT TO MENTION THAT THESE MICE ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR WINDOWS 98. BUT WHETHER YOU USE WINDOWS 98 OR NOT, YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE RIGHT NOW. DON'T WAIT! GETTING A MICROSOFT MOUSE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. SO THEREFORE, YOU NEED TO GET ONE RIGHT NOW. WHEN YOU GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE, ALSO BE SURE TO PURCHASE MORE TO GIVE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. YOU CAN SPREAD THE REVOLUTION IN POINTING DEVICES TODAY! DON'T DELAY! JUST IMAGINE IF YOU DIED AND WENT TO THE PEARLY GATES. AND GOD FOUND OUT THAT YOU DIDN'T USE A MICROSOFT MOUSE. YOU'D PROBABLY ROT IN HELL FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BURN IN HELL, GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE. MICROSOFT MICE ARE THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS IN LIFE, AS IT POINTS YOUR CURSOR THROUGH THE AMAZING WORLD OF MULTIMEDIA IN WINDOWS 98 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 6.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:49:39 »
logitech g400

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:54:29 »
logitech g400

Better than the 400s?  They are basically the same mouse but the g400s has a more precise sensor, apparently.  I know it has some stupid styling, though.

Offline davkol

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:14:49 »
The cable is different, or at least has supposedly better strain relief.

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 23:20:24 »
If there were a white ver. of deathadder elite then yes.