Author Topic: photo gallery page for IC/GBs  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Special K

photo gallery page for IC/GBs
« on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 17:55:06 »
I like browsing the IC/GB pages to see what new keysets members have created, but it's very tedious and time-consuming to have to click forward and back through all of them.  What would be neat is a photo gallery that contained one image of the creator's choosing to showcase the set.  This could be a KLE screen capture for early-stage ideas, or a full 3D render for more fleshed out sets.

Users could then browse the gallery and click on an image to be taken directly to the IC/GB thread.  I'm not sure which photo sharing/hosting service would work best for this and any solution would require active work from a set's creator to make sure their set was showcased in the gallery, but this seems like it would make it much easier for users to browse available IC/GBs.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2017, 17:56:44 by Special K »
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2
IBM Model M 1391401 - 11/13/87

Quote from: ripster
LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline ihalatch

Re: photo gallery page for IC/GBs
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 20:37:37 »
I like browsing the IC/GB pages to see what new keysets members have created, but it's very tedious and time-consuming to have to click forward and back through all of them.  What would be neat is a photo gallery that contained one image of the creator's choosing to showcase the set.  This could be a KLE screen capture for early-stage ideas, or a full 3D render for more fleshed out sets.

Users could then browse the gallery and click on an image to be taken directly to the IC/GB thread.  I'm not sure which photo sharing/hosting service would work best for this and any solution would require active work from a set's creator to make sure their set was showcased in the gallery, but this seems like it would make it much easier for users to browse available IC/GBs.

This is a great idea.