Author Topic: [WTS]{PAYPAL}IBM Model M SSK Blue(40+), White(10); FSK Blue(4), White(4)  (Read 64100 times)

Offline bmmcwhirt

• Trade Count: (1)
    • KB9YEN
Re: [WTS]{PAYPAL}IBM Model M SSK Blue(40+), White(10); FSK Blue(4), White(4)
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:13:30 »
The weather is decent enough here now that as long as it isn't raining this coming weekend I will resume the search for the PS2 cables.  I still have keyboards to cover those waiting on the PS2 cables so they have not gone anywhere.

As far as what is left after that I still don't have a count. There were a few that were deformed or malfunctioning that had to be replaced so I will be bing a lot more meticulous this time to check every aspect.

Offline Giorgio

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:28:05 »
Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline Darkblade48

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:30:01 »
Excellent news! Thanks for all your hard work

Offline Darkblade48

« Reply #353 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 06:47:31 »
Hopefully this thread is still alive?

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 23:02:48 »
We've made it through one storage unit and no cables.  It's so nice that it went from cold as hell to hot as hell.

I've not done much, in fact I have 120 Aristotle and 120 Gateron Greens to Gatistotle Greens but haven't even had time to build those either.

I have totally not given up on finding the cables but if anyone is getting impatient I still have a few of the USB cables left or if you want no cable at all feel free to let me know. I still have enough keyboards for everyone I let get on the list. I wont sell these to anyone else, as I stated very early on I want these to goto people who will appreciate and cherish them.

Originally I thought there were 5 locations thus I'd be down to 4, turns out there are 8 so Im down to 7. If your a math enthusiast your head is hurting about now. Fortunately at least one of those is a small storage facility.

If anyone has a magic SDL Cable detector I could use that so get ahold of me.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 01:54:19 »
We've made it through one storage unit and no cables.  It's so nice that it went from cold as hell to hot as hell.

I've not done much, in fact I have 120 Aristotle and 120 Gateron Greens to Gatistotle Greens but haven't even had time to build those either.

I have totally not given up on finding the cables but if anyone is getting impatient I still have a few of the USB cables left or if you want no cable at all feel free to let me know. I still have enough keyboards for everyone I let get on the list. I wont sell these to anyone else, as I stated very early on I want these to goto people who will appreciate and cherish them.

Originally I thought there were 5 locations thus I'd be down to 4, turns out there are 8 so Im down to 7. If your a math enthusiast your head is hurting about now. Fortunately at least one of those is a small storage facility.

If anyone has a magic SDL Cable detector I could use that so get ahold of me.

Thanks for the update. At least the keyboards are still there  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 11:26:04 »
It was good to see an update.  That's a lot of places to check cables, so it's like he's mining for gold in these storage units, producing keyboards instead of gold--which is fine by me. :D

Offline Darkblade48

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 04:29:17 »
I'm guessing that the SDK cables still have not been found?

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 16:12:34 »
I'm guessing that the SDK cables still have not been found?

No, I'm open to suggestions on how the rest of you want to proceed at this point. The keyboards are still safe and held back for this thread alone.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 16:57:28 »
Orihalcon's cables are the obvious choice. Pricey, but elegant, and modern and USB.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #360 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 17:05:09 »
Orihalcon's cables are the obvious choice. Pricey, but elegant, and modern and USB.

The people left are those that did not want USB cables as I already did a large order from him and those people have already received their keyboards. If anyone wants to change their mind about that at this point I can talk to him about another bulk buy. I can also see if he has the ability to just make ps2 cables if that is something people are wanting but I cannot offer these free just the same as the USB. It will be whatever the cost is of the cables but getting them in bulk is usually cheaper than what he sells individual cables for.

I am open to whatever the people want and will do my best to accommodate everyone.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 19:45:21 »
I'm not sure if you want to hear from everyone without a cable, but I don't need one at all. I'm using the SDL-PS/2 cable from another model M, and hope to eventually transform it into an FSSK.

Offline Darkblade48

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 23:44:31 »

The people left are those that did not want USB cables as I already did a large order from him and those people have already received their keyboards. If anyone wants to change their mind about that at this point I can talk to him about another bulk buy. I can also see if he has the ability to just make ps2 cables if that is something people are wanting but I cannot offer these free just the same as the USB. It will be whatever the cost is of the cables but getting them in bulk is usually cheaper than what he sells individual cables for.

I am open to whatever the people want and will do my best to accommodate everyone.

From what I can gather from the earlier pages, Orihalcon's converter was about 30 USD, so I'm assuming it'll be roughly around this price (maybe a bit more, depending on how few orders we get).

Could you ask about pricing for just PS2 cables? I guess for those people waiting (that need a cable), they can make a choice between Orihalcon's USB converter, a (possible) PS2 cable from Orihalcon, or just a PS2 cable from Unicomp as their choices.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 08:27:30 »
Orihalcon makes his cables by hand and so he can't compete with Unicomp's $15 price for standard cables. Personally, I hate coiled cables but some people probably want the "authentic" component.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:30:33 »
If your still on the list and have not received and SSK then let me know what you want to do. I want to accommodate everyone and I know this is holiday season so we don't have to do this right away, or we can.

I imagine we can talk to Orihalcon if everyone or a decent number want to go that route or if you want keyboards with no cables.

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 08:46:25 »
I may have mentioned this before but I did talk to Unicomp about a bulk buy from them and there is no price break on cables unless I buy 1000 units. I have to wonder if they even have that many but unfortunately we cant get any discount from them on a small order of 30-60 cables so it doesn't make any sense to go that route. If anyone has other suggestions of if you all just want to go with no cables I'm ok with that.