Author Topic: [IC] Modern M0110  (Read 139264 times)

Offline vewy_nice

Re: [IC] Modern M0110
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 09:39:58 »
Yeah, I think it'll still be a bit of a split. There's a LOT of people that browse Massdrop, so that's probably going to get the RS a bit more screentime, and steal a lot of the "impulse buyers"

But there are also a lot of good people here that are much more informed about this project, and will probably choose this option over the RS.

I've been buying a lot of expensive keyboards lately... It's probably time to start trimming the fat...

A CA66 and an aluminum M0110 will make a great pair on my desk ;)

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:21:43 »
Just FYI, the original IC was actually launched for this 5 months ago by John:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6ryyve/photos_introducing_the_modern0110_project/

However I don't want to go out there and say they copied us. So no pitchforks please, most likely just a coincidence. Even if, it's not like we (or RS for that matter) own the M0110 design :)

Quality meme nonetheless ;)

Not to be that guy but I believe there was a post by RS or someone else on a Chinese (?) website that dates fairly far back too (to like September afaik?). That said their timing is still very poor and there are obvious issues with their design; I will stand by yours for those and others. The only cool thing about the MX0110 is the USB-B, though I imagine anyone else that doesn't own like 10 USB-B cables for their DACs and audio interfaces like I do won't really be amused by it.

PS: obviously I don't think anyone copied anyone else here, was just stating - RS is a pretty reputable company and if they did copy the design still, I doubt it'll hardly impact anyone's numbers when this buy here happens.

Yes September: https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1776866-1-1.html

I know RS in person. Actually he starts the MX0110 project much earlier. (Only few Chinese GB runners wants to IC before GB.)

Though the posted of M0110 rendering in a month earlier, it is said as 'First render of the top face design.' following by some future goals. So I don't think RS did a copy or something by guessing all details from a top face renderings and then finish the anodized prototype with finished PCB in one month.

At least the design is not some 'new inventation', it is inspired by the existing 0110.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:23:28 by lanyusea »
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:36:18 »
Just FYI, the original IC was actually launched for this 5 months ago by John:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6ryyve/photos_introducing_the_modern0110_project/

However I don't want to go out there and say they copied us. So no pitchforks please, most likely just a coincidence. Even if, it's not like we (or RS for that matter) own the M0110 design :)

Quality meme nonetheless ;)

Not to be that guy but I believe there was a post by RS or someone else on a Chinese (?) website that dates fairly far back too (to like September afaik?). That said their timing is still very poor and there are obvious issues with their design; I will stand by yours for those and others. The only cool thing about the MX0110 is the USB-B, though I imagine anyone else that doesn't own like 10 USB-B cables for their DACs and audio interfaces like I do won't really be amused by it.

PS: obviously I don't think anyone copied anyone else here, was just stating - RS is a pretty reputable company and if they did copy the design still, I doubt it'll hardly impact anyone's numbers when this buy here happens.

Yes September: https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1776866-1-1.html

I know RS in person. Actually he starts the MX0110 project much earlier. (Only few Chinese GB runners wants to IC before GB.)

Though the posted of M0110 rendering in a month earlier, it is said as 'First render of the top face design.' following by some future goals. So I don't think RS did a copy or something by guessing all details from a top face renderings and then finish the anodized prototype with finished PCB in one month.

At least the design is not some 'new inventation', it is inspired by the existing 0110.

Fair point. All the designs inspired by the same Apple old keyboard: Retro60, RS MX0110, M0110 of this thread, they are so different indeed, and each started from a different time(obviously it's not who comes first owns the design exclusively). I don't think anyone copy anyone else here.

Offline chicagoboss25

• deskcandy.xyz | reddit.com/u/heroyjenkins
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:46:59 »
Yep for sure, both projects are different takes on creating a modern homage to Apple's original M0110, so we wish Red Scarf and Massdrop well on their group buy :)

For those curious, I wrote up what I think are the most salient differences between Modern M0110 (our project) and MX0110 (Red Scarf's design on Massdrop right now):

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7s5zbs/red_scarf_ii_mx0110_on_massdrop/dt2ek0x/

Copied them below here as well:

• Modern M0110 will offer a top mount plate, not tray mount. This means a somewhat bouncier / softer bottom out experience as /u/merlin36 points out (although should be noted that you won't be able to use any random off the shelf plate for your Modern M0110 build)
  • Modern M0110 will offer a brass plate, not aluminum or carbon fiber, which gives heft without sacrificing a smooth bottom out
  • Modern M0110 will offer cerakoted surface finishes (cerakote is a popular metal finish in the gun enthusiast world)--in particular we're excited about a shade of beige called "light sand" which looks positively retro and an awesome homage to the original Apple keyboard. Plus, if my understanding is correct, this will be the first keyboard GB with a cerakote optionEDIT: not the first cerakote keyboard group buy, I stand corrected  :)
  • Modern M0110 will support any GH60 style PCB (at least with micro USB connectors, we haven't tested USB-C yet), so that means you can bring your own XD60, GH60, DZ60, or even Alps64 PCB if you'd like and not rely on a proprietary and case-specific PCB design + breakout daughter board like the one in MX0110. If you want to go Alps, our plate will offer Alps switch cutouts or you could design your own plate from our open sourced plate files--toughest part will be keycaps and stabilizers but feel free to PM me if you need pointers about putting together a custom Alps build
  • Modern M0110 has a more ergonomic / comfortable tilt angle towards the user at 7 degrees, versus the more aggressive 14-15 degree tilt of the original which seems to have been preserved in the original
  • Modern M0110 does not have a USB hub on the back like MX0110
  • Modern M0110 will not have as many case color options, we are only offering 4 finish color options right now (silver anodized, gray anodized, beige cerakote, black cerakote) and have put a lot of time and thought into these options to find what we think are the best compliments to the design and also simplify the fulfillment process for our GB since we're not a big company and want to make sure we're executing well. You can always DIY your own surface finish at a local machine or powder coating shop, but we think you'll like what we have to offer :)
  • Modern M0110 will only have the 7u spacebar HHKB layout, whereas MX0110 offers 6u and 7u spacebar layouts. The original M0110 had a symmetrical bottom row design, so we wanted to preserve that in our version
  • Modern M0110 will not be available through Massdrop at this time

Anything else I missed? ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2018, 20:26:13 by chicagoboss25 »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:57:40 »
The angle alone is enough to make me wait for the Modern M0110 instead, but man, that USB hub is so nice.

Offline mike873

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:28:15 »
A usb daughter-board nice.

- easier to switch connectors without redesigning the board
- easier to fix busted connectors on an otherwise functional board
- creates expansion possibilities like adding proper usb-c support with power negotiation and a usb hub.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:33:28 »

- creates expansion possibilities like adding proper usb-c support with power negotiation and a usb hub.

Believe me, we have considered this to the point where we were talking with a manufacturer about this. While it does look nice, this also throws away the plethora of great 60% PCBs this community has made. From the availability of something like the GH60 to the lighting options of the Zeal 60 to the ease of programming you get with a Bootmapper PCB. Ignoring these so said years of progress this community has made on PCB design felt stupid since we would never be able to offer the vast choice of options there is out there right now.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 14:08:01 »

Believe me, we have considered this to the point where we were talking with a manufacturer about this. While it does look nice, this also throws away the plethora of great 60% PCBs this community has made. From the availability of something like the GH60 to the lighting options of the Zeal 60 to the ease of programming you get with a Bootmapper PCB. Ignoring these so said years of progress this community has made on PCB design felt stupid since we would never be able to offer the vast choice of options there is out there right now.

That’s the main reason I’m joining your buy!

The ability to use any standard PCB is worth it to me, 100%!...Now if I can figure out which to use, lol.

Keep up the amazing progress!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 14:17:25 »

Actually, from their photos, it looks to me like the RS PCB is a standard 60% PCB, but without the USB connector soldered on. Looks like the soldered the wires from the USB hub directly the the pads on the PCB where the USB connector would go.

But...you could always use that same idea, yet have a small connector inside that comes from the USB hub to a USB Mini-B male connector (or that plus Micro and USB-C). Then you could plug in the standard 60% PCB, connected to the USB hub via the USB connector internally.

Just a thought. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 16:53:36 »

The only thing that I like on the MX0110 more is the addition of the USB hub. Not that I'd probably use it all that often, but it looks damn good.

More

Are there any picture of the back (and other angles) of the Modern M0110?

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 17:00:40 »
Hoping the Red Scarf MX might incentivize a logo recess on this one. This definitely gets my money either way, but I really am hoping for the logo recess

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 19:44:20 »
  • Modern M0110 will offer cerakoted surface finishes (cerakote is a popular metal finish in the gun enthusiast world)--in particular we're excited about a shade of beige called "light sand" which looks positively retro and an awesome homage to the original Apple keyboard. Plus, if my understanding is correct, this will be the first keyboard GB with a cerakote option

The Monarch had cerakoted plates, and 268 had cerakoted cases. Wouldn't be the first, but still a nice option. :thumb:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:12:18 »
SmallFry 40% kits are all Cerakoted :) That's quite an old group buy (though unfortunately only recently shipping).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:48:58 »

The only thing that I like on the MX0110 more is the addition of the USB hub. Not that I'd probably use it all that often, but it looks damn good.

More
Show Image

Are there any picture of the back (and other angles) of the Modern M0110?

I disagree, actually. While I think it could be useful (always nice plugging your mouse into a USB-passthrough on your keeb instead of to your desktop or laptop), it doesn't look good, imo.

Yep for sure, both projects are different takes on creating a modern homage to Apple's original M0110, so we wish Red Scarf and Massdrop well on their group buy :)

For those curious, I wrote up what I think are the most salient differences between Modern M0110 (our project) and MX0110 (Red Scarf's design on Massdrop right now):

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7s5zbs/red_scarf_ii_mx0110_on_massdrop/dt2ek0x/

Copied them below here as well:

• Modern M0110 will offer a top mount plate, not tray mount. This means a somewhat bouncier / softer bottom out experience as /u/merlin36 points out (although should be noted that you won't be able to use any random off the shelf plate for your Modern M0110 build)
  • Modern M0110 will offer a brass plate, not aluminum or carbon fiber, which gives heft without sacrificing a smooth bottom out
  • Modern M0110 will offer cerakoted surface finishes (cerakote is a popular metal finish in the gun enthusiast world)--in particular we're excited about a shade of beige called "light sand" which looks positively retro and an awesome homage to the original Apple keyboard. Plus, if my understanding is correct, this will be the first keyboard GB with a cerakote option
  • Modern M0110 will support any GH60 style PCB (at least with micro USB connectors, we haven't tested USB-C yet), so that means you can bring your own XD60, GH60, DZ60, or even Alps64 PCB if you'd like and not rely on a proprietary and case-specific PCB design + breakout daughter board like the one in MX0110. If you want to go Alps, our plate will offer Alps switch cutouts or you could design your own plate from our open sourced plate files--toughest part will be keycaps and stabilizers but feel free to PM me if you need pointers about putting together a custom Alps build
  • Modern M0110 has a more ergonomic / comfortable tilt angle towards the user at 7 degrees, versus the more aggressive 14-15 degree tilt of the original which seems to have been preserved in the original
  • Modern M0110 does not have a USB hub on the back like MX0110
  • Modern M0110 will not have as many case color options, we are only offering 4 finish color options right now (silver anodized, gray anodized, beige cerakote, black cerakote) and have put a lot of time and thought into these options to find what we think are the best compliments to the design and also simplify the fulfillment process for our GB since we're not a big company and want to make sure we're executing well. You can always DIY your own surface finish at a local machine or powder coating shop, but we think you'll like what we have to offer :)
  • Modern M0110 will only have the 7u spacebar HHKB layout, whereas MX0110 offers 6u and 7u spacebar layouts. The original M0110 had a symmetrical bottom row design, so we wanted to preserve that in our version
  • Modern M0110 will not be available through Massdrop at this time

Anything else I missed? ;)

I just spent today reading through the entire thread and I gotta say you're making it difficult for me to not justify buying this. Between GMK Laser, CA66, an S65-X Kit, three SA Grab Bags, and a bunch of artisans, I'm super broke right now. But the Modern M0110 sounds like something I have to buy the more I read about it :\

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:19:59 »
Yeah I totally sympathize on a personal level about that too as I missed a lot of amazing GBs in 2017...there are so many amazing projects and products out there now that it's hard to prioritize and decide what you really want and make it work within your own personal budget etc. If anything though the amount of choice now is a testament to the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit of this community to make awesome **** happen and there really is something for everyone here :)

Offline Marutks

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 07:06:38 »
I am not going to join Massdrop GB, of course.  14 degree angle is a sure way to get RSI from typing.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 07:13:43 »
I missed a lot of amazing GBs in 2017..

I missed many amazing 65% GBs in 2017.  I hope there will be some this year.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 08:16:57 »
I am not going to join Massdrop GB, of course.  14 degree angle is a sure way to get RSI from typing.

I used an M0110A as my daily at work (I'm a dev) for a few months. The angle was pretty aggressive but I never had any issues with it. But I totally agree that the reduced angle on this one is a nice improvement.

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 20:27:05 »

The Monarch had cerakoted plates, and 268 had cerakoted cases. Wouldn't be the first, but still a nice option. :thumb:

Whoops corrected on reddit and just edited my post here to correct, sorry about that! Should have checked my facts first :P

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:55:53 »
Is there anything special about the ones that are getting cerakote? Like are they machined to different tolerances or anything? Or just normal anodized case with cerakote on top (much more durable than just cerakote over aluminum)?

None of the colors really interest me, but if I can just cerakote over the anodizing, i might have to do that. I assume there should be no issues given it's top mount, I wouldn't think anything would have tolerances THAT tight, but figured I'd ask.

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 02:01:55 »
Is there anything special about the ones that are getting cerakote? Like are they machined to different tolerances or anything? Or just normal anodized case with cerakote on top (much more durable than just cerakote over aluminum)?

None of the colors really interest me, but if I can just cerakote over the anodizing, i might have to do that. I assume there should be no issues given it's top mount, I wouldn't think anything would have tolerances THAT tight, but figured I'd ask.

Not planning to machine to different tolerances or anything, cerakote is super thin AFAIK and we should be fine but if we encounter issues with the prototype we're cerakoting we'll have to update the model for machining. I am definitely in favor of BYO cerakote / powder coat if that is something you want to do to get the exact look you want since we cannot offer color options to meet 100% of enthusiasts' needs (i.e. get case cerakoted in hot pink or some crazy ripple powder coat, etc.)  :thumb:

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:22:06 »
I hadn't bothered to look at the avalible colors, I was set on homage colors to match the original, but... BLACK ceracote? I imagine that'd be the silkiest, velvet-y-est black of all time. That's really tempting. As much as I would LOVE a hefty block of beige aluminum, that black would match so much better to a whole slew of modern keysets... AND, it would match with the black ultra-compact kishaver I'm getting from the new model F buy...

I can't wait to see samples!

Offline rottencat

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 11:39:53 »
[...]There are a couple of minor manufacturing issues with respect to banding on the top chamfers and some improvements we'd like to make to the USB port[...]
Hope it means that this mini-usb will be replaced by USB-C.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 January 2018, 11:42:42 by rottencat »

Offline Sputnik

« Reply #273 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 13:35:26 »
[...]There are a couple of minor manufacturing issues with respect to banding on the top chamfers and some improvements we'd like to make to the USB port[...]
Hope it means that this mini-usb will be replaced by USB-C.
1+ for usb-C compatibility (Banana split R2 - usb-C and 7U spacebar layout compatible - is on the go...)  :thumb:

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 11:16:03 »
If someone wants to lend myself or Janglad a 60% PCB with type-C or has a model to share we're happy to check compatibility :)

One quick update on the GB: we are partnering with the wood artisan /u/ensulyn from over at reddit to provide custom sized wrist rests in walnut as an extra option when folks join the group buy from the US site deskcandy.xyz. I have one of them to test with the first prototype and you can check out pictures here.

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 12:05:00 »
That wrist rest needs a wrist rest. ;) ;D

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 06:04:04 »
If someone wants to lend myself or Janglad a 60% PCB with type-C or has a model to share we're happy to check compatibility :)

One quick update on the GB: we are partnering with the wood artisan /u/ensulyn from over at reddit to provide custom sized wrist rests in walnut as an extra option when folks join the group buy from the US site deskcandy.xyz. I have one of them to test with the first prototype and you can check out pictures here.

Needs a wrist rest to match cera coating :P :D :D
Done nitpicking now (A)

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 21:56:49 »
Saw this photo from the DMKC 2018 Meetup:

Source

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #278 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 22:15:29 »

Show Image

Source

Saw that too. Hopefully we're close to GB

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 23:15:33 »

I'm excited too but I can't help but shake the feeling that the release is going to be short of timely and opportune; tons of cool boards that have gathered a lot of interest over time are in progress or imminent, and a lot of those are (or similar to) mx HHKBs; CA66 (kinda), Tokyo60, Sennin's board (optionally), M60, RS' 0110, etc.

Of course one shouldn't postpone their project in lieu of others, I'm just hoping this board's success isn't impaired by any of that - it looks so good with GMK Muted and in silver that I really can't think how great the cerakote beige will be with 9009. Extremely exciting.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #280 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 23:37:15 »

I'm excited too but I can't help but shake the feeling that the release is going to be short of timely and opportune; tons of cool boards that have gathered a lot of interest over time are in progress or imminent, and a lot of those are (or similar to) mx HHKBs; CA66 (kinda), Tokyo60, Sennin's board (optionally), M60, RS' 0110, etc.

Of course one shouldn't postpone their project in lieu of others, I'm just hoping this board's success isn't impaired by any of that - it looks so good with GMK Muted and in silver that I really can't think how great the cerakote beige will be with 9009. Extremely exciting.

If you take a step back, it's a pretty nice problem to have--even though my wallet is getting beyond destroyed. So many great boards being produced, it's fun to see.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 23:57:29 »

Completely agree with macclack. It's nice to see such a variety of awesome boards getting made. I actually almost jumped on the CA66 but decided to hold off for this one instead.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 06:35:28 »

Completely agree with macclack. It's nice to see such a variety of awesome boards getting made. I actually almost jumped on the CA66 but decided to hold off for this one instead.

I have also been considering not joining CA66 because of this board. I really like the looks of CA66 but right now this is looking way more interesting. I think CA66 might be getting a third round in any case as it is quite popular.

Will have to see.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 07:17:04 »

I have also been considering not joining CA66 because of this board. I really like the looks of CA66 but right now this is looking way more interesting. I think CA66 might be getting a third round in any case as it is quite popular.

Will have to see.

And quite frankly, considering that GB has no limit on order numbers, I don't think it'd be that hard to find one or two kits on the second-hand market afterward 🙂

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 10:13:43 »
If you take a step back, it's a pretty nice problem to have--even though my wallet is getting beyond destroyed. So many great boards being produced, it's fun to see.

I disagree with it being a nice problem to have; from a selfless perspective it is nice, means the hobby is growing and that more and more people are coming out with cool projects. Definitely good to see. However from a personal and selfish, financially conscious stance it's far from optimal. Not to mention when you're friends or in good standing with a lot of the people running these boards it's pretty ****ty to have to decide who you wanna support.

Again, as said, this is hardly a "problem" the GB runners can really solve; I was just speaking my mind.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 10:43:18 »

Show Image

Source

Saw it in person, still have sore muscles, that thing is THICC boi

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 11:03:15 »

Show Image

Source

Saw it in person, still have sore muscles, that thing is THICC boi

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  niiice

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 11:13:34 »
Lol.
Also, poor guy  :D

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 11:29:25 »
Lol.

Show Image

Oh, It looks like Retro 60 from the top down angle in the previous picture. Indeed it's a M0110! Fall in love with it at the first glance.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:09:17 »
Talked to janglad on the meetup and when driving him back. Group buy is probably some time away as they might need another prototype to refine the process.

Handled the proto that was at the DMKC meetup too. Holy hell I underestimated how thicc this thing is. It is massive. More massive than my M65A.
pls gief bbv2

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:10:23 »
Something wrong with the spacebar in that pic...

:))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 18:06:19 »
Something wrong with the spacebar in that pic...

:))

That's how it's supposed to be ;D

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 18:10:11 »
Lol.

Show Image

LOL. That looks amazing (at least the parts that I can see).

Offline chicagoboss25

• Desk Candy
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 01:07:40 »

I just dropped off the other prototype from our second route of prototypes at a local cerakote shop and will hopefully have it done by end of the week plus get a better handle on how cerakote pricing will shake out (will definitely be more expensive than anodizing for sure, its just a matter of to what degree). Can't wait to get it back and snap some pics to show you all :)

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 06:41:45 »
I really am so super excited to see the beige! I'm hoping it's fantastic. My heart is telling me to get black, but my heart's hear knows I should go beige  :))

And yeah, my wallet isn't happy... I've joined CA66, Melody96, Mars 8.0, GMK Camping, and GMK Taro... And I'm looking to pick up an Exent 2nd hand. 
Good thing I just got a pay raise and lower rent (And a girlfriend who is also into keyboards, so she's excited too instead of being disappointed haha) 
My "most custom" board at the moment is a KBDfans 5 degree case with a DZ60 PCB, so I'm excited to get some heavyweights.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 February 2018, 06:44:33 by vewy_nice »

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 22:27:33 »

I disagree with it being a nice problem to have; from a selfless perspective it is nice, means the hobby is growing and that more and more people are coming out with cool projects. Definitely good to see. However from a personal and selfish, financially conscious stance it's far from optimal. Not to mention when you're friends or in good standing with a lot of the people running these boards it's pretty ****ty to have to decide who you wanna support.

Again, as said, this is hardly a "problem" the GB runners can really solve; I was just speaking my mind.

I see what you mean.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 23:31:28 »

I just dropped off the other prototype from our second route of prototypes at a local cerakote shop and will hopefully have it done by end of the week plus get a better handle on how cerakote pricing will shake out (will definitely be more expensive than anodizing for sure, its just a matter of to what degree). Can't wait to get it back and snap some pics to show you all :)

That's good to know. BTW can you show any sample or example of what cerakote black will look like? Something similar to this?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:30:54 »
Hey guys!

Sorry that I have been slow with updates here but I have had a really busy month! I did indeed get my prototype and took it to the meetup! It sadly got beat up really badly during shipping (seems to be a DHL Belgium issue or something, happened to my Moon too :( ) but, the quality is almost perfect.

The anodising is great, dare I say as good or even better than a MacBook Air. I couldn't be happier with this.

The polishing is perfect almost everywhere, there are a couple places that could have used a bit more work but this wil be a easy fix.

Everything was machined like the design now, which is great!

I will get some pictures of it up by tomorrow!!! We're getting closer everyday guys!!  :thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:34:35 »

Image credit: janglad
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:36:18 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:48:25 »
Show Image

Image credit: janglad

This looks beautiful! Makes me want the cerakote a bit less.