Author Topic: T / / C Custom Keyboard (Render pictures updated)  (Read 7119 times)

Offline quanghuy1200

T / / C Custom Keyboard (Render pictures updated)
« on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:07:06 »
A NEW LAYOUT CUSTOM KEYBOARD !

This is still in the early stage of the project but we are want to introduce you this beauty we have created ;D
I have been into this kind of hobby for 5 years. However, for my first 3 years I only know Razer and Corsair are the machanical keyboards. After that I found other brands like Filco, Leopold, Realforce,... with more layout and more type of switches,... It opens my mind about this mechanical keyboard world. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there :confused:one of my friend show me his custom keyboards with unique layout and the SA keyset that I have never seen those things before. At that time I knew creativity is limitless. So after having and trying a lot of custom keyboard. I think not so many keyboard can combine showing your artisan keycaps and still keep the form of GMK and SA keyset. And sometime artisan keycaps is quite hard or painful to press. So I create this layout for that purpose. I hope you guys also find this is a good layout and will buy it.

Features on this beauty
  • Aluminium 6063 with good anodize, a lot of color options
  • 2(RGB) led bar at the front of the keyboard. Still in progress to program it
  • 8 degree slope
  • Can keymap the keyboards, especially the 4 hotkeys can keymap to some froms, webs or some F keys
  • Layout 65/910/winterfox
  • Can customize to Universal layout: ISO layout, Split backspace and Spacebar, 7u Spacebar,...
  • RGB under (maybe RGB backlit but I need to develop the PCB)
  • Counter weight and logo (alu and brass options)

Idea about the layout :

I created this layout because I want to show 4 most beautiful artisan keycap and still doesn't break the look of normal 65% layout keyset (GMK or SA). And I think some of you will also agree with me.

We are trying our best to make it better and can have more special colors options for you guys. Any recommendations or advises are welcome.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 December 2017, 10:04:17 by quanghuy1200 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: T2D Custom Keyboard Project
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:17:01 »
so... it's the same size as a 75% but you get less keys..?
I love Elzy

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:20:06 »
Yes, It's base on 75% layout but we will design our own PCB and Plate. And I found that many people don't use F keys much so I cut it into 4 to make it look better (IMO)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:25:45 »

i don't get it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:34:42 »

i don't get it
IMO 60/65% have good ratio between width and length make it look good. 75% doesn’t so I make it 60 or 65 and 4 more keys on top.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 00:58:55 »

i don't get it
IMO 60/65% have good ratio between width and length make it look good. 75% doesn’t so I make it 60 or 65 and 4 more keys on top.
I get this, I really really dislike 75% they are just a mess to look at in general, while this is bigger its more aesthetically looking to a 65%.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 01:22:06 »
but then i have a keyboard that takes up more vertical desk space for no reason
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 01:30:07 »
It will not take much more space though, you can keymap 4 hotkeys for your shortcut to GH forum, R/mk,... so I think it's a few reasons for that. And also 2 side bar will be RGB led not just aluminium so I think It's okay
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 01:31:42 by quanghuy1200 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 02:22:18 »
It will not take much more space though, you can keymap 4 hotkeys for your shortcut to GH forum, R/mk,... so I think it's a few reasons for that. And also 2 side bar will be RGB led not just aluminium so I think It's okay

i guess

i'll pass on this one, good luck with it

Offline Marutks

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 04:28:41 »
I would be interested in normal 65% layout.  I don't need extra keys on top.  I am not into artisan keycaps.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 04:40:23 »
I would be interested in normal 65% layout.  I don't need extra keys on top.  I am not into artisan keycaps.
I can make it to options, Extra space on top will be our Logo

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 05:54:20 »
Don't like the extra 4 keys. I can completely understand the intent, but I think it could've been executed far better such as another column on the left etc.

Also dislike the plate cutouts (I just think they're ugly), are there any plans to change those? I know some makers use basic plates whilst modelling and then make it better later.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:21:16 »
Don't like the extra 4 keys. I can completely understand the intent, but I think it could've been executed far better such as another column on the left etc.

Also dislike the plate cutouts (I just think they're ugly), are there any plans to change those? I know some makers use basic plates whilst modelling and then make it better later.
I just use that plate to show the idea not the actual plate. Still in design so everything can change.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:40:16 »
I think this is great! I wonder if you should put up a side wall on the front face of the 4 spot, sometimes it takes away from the artisan to see the switch/emptiness underneath.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:23:42 »
I actually quite like it. I think it's aesthetically pleasing despite the waste of space et al. I'd suggest having an HHKB with blockers style layout available too (like the ALF that just launched for example), seeing as this is for pure looks and form over function (to an extent) you may as well go the extra mile.

Good luck!

PS: I don't really care for artisans either but I still think it's a unique design and I'd be interested regardless.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:39:44 »
I think this is great! I wonder if you should put up a side wall on the front face of the 4 spot, sometimes it takes away from the artisan to see the switch/emptiness underneath.

I actually quite like it. I think it's aesthetically pleasing despite the waste of space et al. I'd suggest having an HHKB with blockers style layout available too (like the ALF that just launched for example), seeing as this is for pure looks and form over function (to an extent) you may as well go the extra mile.

Good luck!

PS: I don't really care for artisans either but I still think it's a unique design and I'd be interested regardless.
Thank you so much! It's still under progress so we will try our best to bring you the unique yet beautiful keyboards  :D
We are trying to create an open layout for you to create your own  :thumb: just wait for it
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:41:23 by quanghuy1200 »

Offline quanghuy1200

Re: T / / C Custom Keyboard (Render pictures updated)
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 10:06:15 »
Render pictures updated!

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 18:24:22 »
I really like it. A titanium grey and black two-tone case would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline JDragon

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 13:46:51 »
I like it! I'm not an artisan person, but I don't understand the people that think everything should conform to their needs. There are plenty of other 65% keyboards on the market, this one does something neat and innovative that I'm sure some people will like.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 22:12:58 »
any chance for a 60% one?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 22:43:57 »
I applaud the effort to make new layouts, but I just don't think this is the one. If there was a specific use for those top four keys, I would be into it. But as it stands, they are too few for function keys and too odd of a place for macros. I would be interested to see your take on a 65% board with an additional macro column though. Keep at it.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u