Author Topic: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold  (Read 85049 times)

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 01:31:21 »
40% kit: it's a little weird to offer both R2 Tab and Esc but only have an R3 Tab. Should there be both R3 tab and esc? The default planck layout has R2 Tab and R3 Esc, but looking at staggered 40% boards like the Minivan, R2 tab or esc seem to be equally common.
I'm pretty sure the only human alive that uses R2 tab on 40% is Jack Humbert, who created the layout.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 03:20:41 »
40% kit: it's a little weird to offer both R2 Tab and Esc but only have an R3 Tab. Should there be both R3 tab and esc? The default planck layout has R2 Tab and R3 Esc, but looking at staggered 40% boards like the Minivan, R2 tab or esc seem to be equally common.
I'm pretty sure the only human alive that uses R2 tab on 40% is Jack Humbert, who created the layout.

I do too. X(

Mostly to keep the keys consistent with my 60%-75% boards, since tab is next to Q on them and Caps Lock is mapped to Control. I map my R3 Escape to Ctrl (hold) + Esc (tap) on my planck, so for someone like me an R3 Control would be nice. Of course, no group buy runner in their right mind would want to charge the rest of the buyers the GMK custom legend fee for someone like me. So I get by with the (what I thought was standard) "standard" R3 Esc. Or R3 blank, or R3 icon.

Just a thought. I really regret not trying to convince Garrett to offer text Lower and Raise on GMK 9009's ortho kit. The very large arrows are quite distracting to my eyes. So I figured this time I would pipe up.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 12:52:40 »
New mockup for the novelty kit

And we finally have pricing back from GMK, unfortunately it's not what we were really wanting or expecting it to be, so we're seeing what that's about and if we need to adjust kits a little. Spacebar and 40% kits are actually pretty well priced, novelties as well looking at the number of designs and total keys. If we could get the base and ae mods down by $10 or more we'd be happier though.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:33:16 »
Still waiting on this. Hopefully this happens sooner than later.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 22:49:05 »
I dropped $300+ on the holy grail of Eva sets and will have to back out. Wishing you all the luck and will advertise the **** out of this set to weeb friends when it launches.
I love Elzy

Offline young_won

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 23:48:40 »
Still waiting on this.  :D

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - July/August Launch
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 16:07:23 »
Update 5/20/18
Setting a halfway firm launch date of late July for launching this. Should be a nice break from purple between now and then and be the nice break the set needs to get all the support it can.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 18:49:18 »
I dropped $300+ on the holy grail of Eva sets and will have to back out. Wishing you all the luck and will advertise the **** out of this set to weeb friends when it launches.

enjoy your good feeling of oemness.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 20:40:47 »

enjoy your good feeling of oemness.

it's bootleg cherry profile.

pbt > abs any day
I love Elzy

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 04:21:31 »
Update 5/20/18
Setting a halfway firm launch date of late July for launching this. Should be a nice break from purple between now and then and be the nice break the set needs to get all the support it can.

Glad to hear it! I'm still ready and waiting to pick this one up when it's out.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:51:44 »
I know this is sort of late in the game, but I'd really love to see some black keys in the set. While EVA 01 is heavily purple and green, the other biggest portion of the mech's body is black.

I do not have specific kit modifications to suggest at this very moment but I wanted to get my thoughts down before it slips my mind and I'm kicking myself in a few months. I'll play around with some stuff and come back with an idea.

Edit: Actually, I think inverting some (if not all) of the orange keys would take care of this quite nicely.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:53:39 by zekkin »

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:23:10 »
I will break sh*t if this set does not go through, either that or I'll take out a loan just to fulfill the MOQ.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:25:52 by 1Weeb »

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 22:24:18 »
I will break sh*t if this set does not go through, either that or I'll take out a loan just to fulfill the MOQ.
Well, username checks out :shrug:
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 02:22:45 »
I know this is sort of late in the game, but I'd really love to see some black keys in the set. While EVA 01 is heavily purple and green, the other biggest portion of the mech's body is black.

I do not have specific kit modifications to suggest at this very moment but I wanted to get my thoughts down before it slips my mind and I'm kicking myself in a few months. I'll play around with some stuff and come back with an idea.

Edit: Actually, I think inverting some (if not all) of the orange keys would take care of this quite nicely.

Well son of a gun. That's what's been missing all this time from these unit 01 keysets. The alternative option would be to get some black cherry blanks and strategically place them where necessary, but I love the idea of including it in the original set.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 23:23:39 »
A true classic anime!! Please make this happen soon!! I'm not sure if my heart can make it from the anticipation!!

Offline LDobler

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 23:31:26 »
I don't watch anime but I love the colours lol

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 02:12:00 »

Well son of a gun. That's what's been missing all this time from these unit 01 keysets. The alternative option would be to get some black cherry blanks and strategically place them where necessary, but I love the idea of including it in the original set.

I actually did a render kinda like that a while ago:

Couldn't decide if i liked it, but i do liek the idea of black. Main issue is just avoiding increasing costs much/if any. But swapping a few keys might be doable.

Offline zekkin

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 09:08:18 »

Show Image

Couldn't decide if i liked it, but i do liek the idea of black. Main issue is just avoiding increasing costs much/if any. But swapping a few keys might be doable.

I think we were discussing this in Discord recently and I definitely remembered that render but could not find it. In my opinion the black keys bring everything together to make a truly EVA-01 inspired set.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 10:42:13 »
Yeah, adding some black into the accents kit could be done. It's already there on the orange keys, so price shouldn't go up much for just a couple of them.

Offline zekkin

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 12:44:31 »
Yeah, adding some black into the accents kit could be done. It's already there on the orange keys, so price shouldn't go up much for just a couple of them.

That sounds awesome. My goal is not to rock the boat, but to have a great Evangelion themed set (looking at you SA Berserk  >:D) and the black keys will bring everything together for me.

Offline kyoumau

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:52:21 »
Great! I really like this set, instant buy (I just hope to have enough cash to buy the green modifiers too).
I would like to see some green on black or purple on black for some novelties :D.

That sounds awesome. My goal is not to rock the boat, but to have a great Evangelion themed set (looking at you SA Berserk  >:D) and the black keys will bring everything together for me.

What happened with SA mcdonalds Berserk? Didn't you like it?
I'm lovin' it mine  :)

Offline zekkin

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:06:11 »
Great! I really like this set, instant buy (I just hope to have enough cash to buy the green modifiers too).
I would like to see some green on black or purple on black for some novelties :D.

What happened with SA mcdonalds Berserk? Didn't you like it?
I'm lovin' it mine  :)

It clinged too much to the orange in the set as a main accent rather than just having one or two keys. As I understand it, Berserk was primarily meant to be a set inspired by EVA-02 -- which, just like EVA-01, has a large portion of black on its body. The Evangelion novelties were great, but really lacked in the EVA-02 coloring department.

In my opinion SA Berserk only represents Evangelion in name and that's it. It'd be more accurate to call it SA Iron Man because that's what the colors really end up making it look like.

Offline zalhera

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:29:20 »
Yo, I'm new to the forum. I really only registered to stay updated on this, I'm pretty interested to see how it turns out. I'm sad to see there are no plans for Hiragana-only stuff but set still looks interesting.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 22:19:30 »

Show Image

That render is excellent! Very exciting if it is easy to include.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:22:49 »
Love the render, but wouldn't it be better if the spacebar was orange? Since it would make sense based off of where the orange part actually is. The green modifiers are perfect though.

197217-0

Offline godlikekitten

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:40:46 »
Never realized this was gonna get launched soon I can't wait  :eek:

Offline zap2oz

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:52:50 »
Nice colors! Can't wait for this GB to open up

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:29:56 »
Filled out the form. I definitely think this is a great set! I'd be on board for some black novelties if available.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:52:49 »
New mockup for the novelty kit
Show Image

And we finally have pricing back from GMK, unfortunately it's not what we were really wanting or expecting it to be, so we're seeing what that's about and if we need to adjust kits a little. Spacebar and 40% kits are actually pretty well priced, novelties as well looking at the number of designs and total keys. If we could get the base and ae mods down by $10 or more we'd be happier though.

How much was the original quote for the base set? if you don't mind me asking ofc.

Offline EternalD

• Workin' on it
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 03:37:14 »
Love the render, but wouldn't it be better if the spacebar was orange? Since it would make sense based off of where the orange part actually is. The green modifiers are perfect though.

(Attachment Link)
Seeing this figure makes me want to agree with you, but I’m instead drawn to the issue with the presence of black on the mech. Juggling colors that are this vibrant is difficult, and overcommitment to anything besides the green or purple could result in a unbalanced palate.

Considering this, and acknowledging how late into the process I am for this input, I think an orange space bar is hardly an unreasonable thing to ask as an alt to come with the set, maybe even being present in the space at kit. However, I think the presence of black needs to be seen. Maybe just a black case?

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 21:49:21 »
Hello!

Is this keyset compatible w K70 using just the purple mods? (Excluding the 6.5u spacebar)
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 June 2018, 21:57:17 by BserLarry »

Offline maybebabe

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 22:17:30 »
No, there is no 6.5u spacebar in this set.
And if I recall correctly, GMK doesn't have 6.5u mold.
Hello!

Is this keyset compatible w K70 using just the purple mods? (Excluding the 6.5u spacebar)
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2018, 11:06:45 by maybebabe »

Offline kyoumau

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 22:20:11 »
Hello!

Yeah, it should be. There are 2 1.5u controls and like 7 keys that you can use in the 1u.

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 22:42:54 »
Hey thanks man:)

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 22:44:13 »
Hi, just hoping to see if there are any updates on this set :)  I've pre-order the Kira and really hoping to put this set on it.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 00:15:37 »
Hi, just hoping to see if there are any updates on this set :)  I've pre-order the Kira and really hoping to put this set on it.

Nothing to update on currently, focusing on other sets and while poking at the kits a little.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 17:58:49 »
This still launching end of july/start of august? Looking forward to it!

Offline strevino

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 09:34:31 »
I made an account just to say that this set is exactly what I want for my new keyboard. I'm super interested and cannot wait for more info.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 09:46:19 »
I'm still patiently awaiting for this one. I'm hopeful it launches soon.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 11:55:25 »
So did anything happen with the black in the kit?

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 14:36:14 »
Still waiting on this. Hopefully this happens sooner than later.
aw man, I would've loved a NERV logo!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:09:10 »
Will Alphas without Japanese legends be available? Thank you so much.

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 20:18:24 »
Will Alphas without Japanese legends be available? Thank you so much.

DonutCat has said he does not want to do this as it would take away from the theme of the set

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 23:56:45 »
waiting for this one for a lets split build  :eek:

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 17:50:30 »
Really hope the set takes off soon, getting a purple ca66 for this!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 19:15:49 »
Really hope the set takes off soon, getting a purple ca66 for this!

Might be a little bit, right now my focus is on finishing up Metaverse then making Coniferous happen.

Offline fatpolomanjr

Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - New IC Form
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 04:40:40 »
Show Image

Awesome renders from amnesia, we can only hope the actual set looks as good as these do

It's renders like this that make me glad I always get boards with black cases. So the orange accent mods will have purple text? Instead of black?

e: wait these are older renders. The black text on the more recent kit renders looks great.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2018, 05:37:33 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 14:55:07 »
Is this set officially dead? Im still here hoping for updates...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 20:21:38 »
Not dead, just on hold until there's a good time to make it happen.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 23:17:28 »

Just something to consider. Nothing at all being said or promised, just a thought that someone was willing to put into picture for me.