Author Topic: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches [COMPLETE]  (Read 41963 times)

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
Re: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches (HiRose Replica) [LIVE ends Aug 10]
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 19:01:10 »
nothing against these as they're more about looks than anything, but hopefully they're better than real hirose switches.  they're terrible.
I have both, they are better than hirose.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline CapnHighlands

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 21:34:02 »
Does anyone know if this stem is actually different from regular Gateron linear stems or if it's just the same stem in a different color?

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 01:57:55 »
Does anyone know if this stem is actually different from regular Gateron linear stems or if it's just the same stem in a different color?
same stem as a tealio
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline befbef

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 02:16:37 »
What's the difference of a Tealio stem to a Gateron stem? I have both but can't see any difference.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 05:01:39 »
Hi guys,

Guess i am handling Asia order by myself.
Please use the old fashion way. Filled the google form and i will send invoices.
Asia buy will be like old times.90 or 150 a pack.
Form here:
https://goo.gl/forms/okB10TukeqXscEzn1
Thanks everyone.

Filled in the form but haven't received any emails yet. Can you help to confirm/validate? thanks.
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 22:25:08 »
What's the difference of a Tealio stem to a Gateron stem? I have both but can't see any difference.

i don't think there's a discernable or notable difference, but i could be wrong

the main difference is the housing and spring
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline befbef

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 02:24:28 »
That's what i thought. So this switch is just a gateron with different spring. I have round 1 of them and I really like them, but Tealios are noticeable smoother.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 17:43:47 »
Not trying to be a **** here but I'm really struggling to see what the value is in these switches apart from being a different colour? (which I realise is more than enough for a lot of people). From reading the thread my understanding is as follows, please correct anywhere I'm wrong:

Housing - Stock gateron

Stem - Supposedly the same as tealio which is apparently the same as stock gateron linears? I haven't tried tealios but I assumed the stem would be slightly different/tuned and Zeal would own the mould and therefore have exclusivity over its use, in the same way as Zealios. It would make sense to me however if the tealio stem is the same as a stock gateron linears as gat linears are pretty great imo.

Spring - Seemingly the only difference, custom gold

So if one doesn't care about colour, surely the sensible choice would be to buy some gat blacks or other linear colour and some gold springs?

Offline portbaron

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 19:00:57 »

So if one doesn't care about colour, surely the sensible choice would be to buy some gat blacks or other linear colour and some gold springs?
I mean, the color kind of is the whole point. Limited edition color palet and spring. And they are still a bit cheaper than tealios. I was planning on getting another set of gateron blacks or tealios and change the springs, but these came along so why not I thought.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 19:23:50 »
Not trying to be a **** here but I'm really struggling to see what the value is in these switches apart from being a different colour? (which I realise is more than enough for a lot of people). From reading the thread my understanding is as follows, please correct anywhere I'm wrong:

Housing - Stock gateron

Stem - Supposedly the same as tealio which is apparently the same as stock gateron linears? I haven't tried tealios but I assumed the stem would be slightly different/tuned and Zeal would own the mould and therefore have exclusivity over its use, in the same way as Zealios. It would make sense to me however if the tealio stem is the same as a stock gateron linears as gat linears are pretty great imo.

Thanks for dropping knowledge, Captain.

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 19:46:33 »
Hi guys,

Please use the old fashion way. Filled the google form and i will send invoices.
Form here:
Thanks everyone.

I have already filled the form, and I forgot to add note that I ordered the 62g version. Could you verify it? Thanks

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 17:27:23 »

I mean, the color kind of is the whole point. Limited edition color palet and spring. And they are still a bit cheaper than tealios. I was planning on getting another set of gateron blacks or tealios and change the springs, but these came along so why not I thought.

Totally fair enough, just wanted to be sure my understanding was right. Though this raises the question that surely tealios must be using a different housing (probably the same as zealios). So I guess there is some argument for spending more on tealios for the modified housing and I suppose the purpose of these like you say is if you want a gat black but want it to be orange + the spring. If you don't care about colour then effectively the same switch can be had for much cheaper.

Housing - Stock gateron

Oh no worries, I'd hardly claim to be dropping knowledge though, more just summarising the thread as I understand it!

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 20:32:12 »
Any coupons available :D

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 21:52:12 »

Totally fair enough, just wanted to be sure my understanding was right. Though this raises the question that surely tealios must be using a different housing (probably the same as zealios). So I guess there is some argument for spending more on tealios for the modified housing and I suppose the purpose of these like you say is if you want a gat black but want it to be orange + the spring. If you don't care about colour then effectively the same switch can be had for much cheaper.

Housing - Stock gateron

Oh no worries, I'd hardly claim to be dropping knowledge though, more just summarising the thread as I understand it!

There are no stock Gateron switches with milk tops and black bottoms that I am aware of.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 06:51:10 »
Will there be future runs, or is this the last run?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 08:13:24 »
Can the Aussie boys use the Asia proxy?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 08:43:26 »
Hi guys,

Form here:
Thanks everyone.

Does this include shipping? Also, is this for the black bottomor milky bottom?
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 02:50:18 »
Hi guys,

Form here:
Thanks everyone.

Milky Bottom: 62g
Black Bottom: 67g
b o a r d s

Offline dantambok

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 03:46:33 »
Hi guys,

Form here:
Thanks everyone.

Milky Bottom: 62g
Black Bottom: 67g

I meant there's no option for that on the forms. do we just put the weight on the "Anything you want to add" ?
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 07:32:22 »
Can anyone weigh in on milky bottom housings? I have read and heard from some that Gateron Milky bottom housings can be scratchy relative to their black bottom counterparts. I like both 62g and 67g and can switch between the two freely, but I enjoy the look of a milky bottom as well. Would there be any noticeable difference between the variants?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:03:57 »
Can anyone weigh in on milky bottom housings? I have read and heard from some that Gateron Milky bottom housings can be scratchy relative to their black bottom counterparts. I like both 62g and 67g and can switch between the two freely, but I enjoy the look of a milky bottom as well. Would there be any noticeable difference between the variants?

Milky bot is extremely scratchy. Black bottom is definitely the way to go

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 12:30:34 »
What a shame, the milky bottoms looked really appealing.

Offline clukky7

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 07:14:39 »
I submitted a form for these switches a few days ago. Haven't heard a reply back from him... is anyone here on the same page with me?

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 17:23:38 »
Still no clear answer as to what this really is, so I decided to cancelled my order.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 17:34:57 »
Still no clear answer as to what this really is, so I decided to cancelled my order.

What do you mean? I already have 2 boards with tangies. They are great. What is unclear?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 22:09:41 »

What do you mean? I already have 2 boards with tangies. They are great. What is unclear?

whether are not they are new parts or stock gateron parts, i believe

i've heard from a few reputable people that they're just stock gateron parts (with maybe a new spring?) in funky colors

but no way to say for sure
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Re: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches (HiRose Replica) [LAST DAY]
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:56:25 »
Last day for the group buy! 17325/20000 sold!

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:10:59 »
Did C3 ever  invoice for the Asia buyers?

Offline ballinboyz

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:16:42 »

I have not been invoiced yet. Also, the Asia GB form did not include a field for selecting between 62g and 67g, and I'm not sure how that's going to work :\

Edit: Was able to confirm my switch weighting selection with C3 through PM. Looking forward to invoice now :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2018, 06:26:30 by ballinboyz »

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 07:14:56 »

I have not been invoiced yet. Also, the Asia GB form did not include a field for selecting between 62g and 67g, and I'm not sure how that's going to work :\

Edit: Was able to confirm my switch weighting selection with C3 through PM. Looking forward to invoice now :)

Sorry guys. We have gone to visit EVE's factory in another city. We just got back.I will start sending invoices today,and i will pm those who havent chose housing.

Offline young_won

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 20:07:05 »

Sorry guys. We have gone to visit EVE's factory in another city. We just got back.I will start sending invoices today,and i will pm those who havent chose housing.

I have not been able to pay the paypal invoice later than expected :(

I was on a business trip.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 August 2018, 21:13:48 by young_won »

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 03:49:52 »
It's still a long way to get these switches to you guys. But we got the switches today. We will start packing it and ship to TKC and etc.
I will keep you guys in the loop.
Here's a pic and there are 40,000 switches need to sort out by hands. please be patience
203147-0

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 04:14:47 »
It's still a long way to get these switches to you guys. But we got the switches today. We will start packing it and ship to TKC and etc.
Here's a pic and there are 40,000 switches need to sort out by hands. please be patience
(Attachment Link)
:eek:

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:01:16 »
WOOO! makes me wish i had bought bolth and more of them!!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:39:59 »
(Attachment Link)

I hope you have a high accuracy weighing scale that would make it easier to sort, instead of counting each switch.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:49:05 »
Link says sold out.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:54:03 »
Link says sold out.

We have extras we will release once the GB is fulfilled.

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 15:20:22 »
Lol I mis read the post. (8-10-2018 not 9-10-2018) lol

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 18:36:30 »
Hyped, I'm contemplating on using the black bottoms or the milky bottoms. So I hear the milky bottoms are scratchy, even after lubing?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Re: [GB] C³ Tangerine MX Switches [SHIPPING SOON LIMITED PREORDER AVAIL]
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 09:48:02 »
Hey everyone. Tangerine switches are being shipped to me today. I should have them by the end of next week, so long as customs isnt a PITA.

For those that missed it, we have limited pre-order slots available.

Offered in quantities of 10 switches. While supplies last!

Each order will receive a limited edition Tangerine sticker designed in collaboration with Qlavier, Lexick Design, and TKC.

Link to buy at TKC

Offline sana

• Formerly Jessica
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:28:34 »
Can I add to my previous order and have shipping discounted?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:59:58 »

Send an email to orders@thekey.company and reference your order number or email you used to place the orders. I’ll refund the shipping difference.

Offline sana

• Formerly Jessica
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:24:30 »

Send an email to orders@thekey.company and reference your order number or email you used to place the orders. I’ll refund the shipping difference.

Thanks, got it taken care of :)

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 02:22:07 »
As TKC said,i have ship out all the switches. Thanks Jason make this buy so smooth and thanks to everyone participate in this buy.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 18:41:26 »
How's about the orders from Asia?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline dantambok

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 21:56:15 »

Same question. Though i ordered 200 from TKC and 150 directly from C3
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 03:23:33 »

ship out everything

Offline dantambok

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 03:25:48 »
When do you estimate to ship orders from asia? also, what courier? thanks!
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 03:35:25 »
When do you estimate to ship orders from asia? also, what courier? thanks!
All ship out 3days ago. Ems shipping. I just too busy have no time to write tracking number on PayPal.
As i said before everything have been shipped out. Asia order will received early than TKC order cause i ship yours directly. TKC have to wait for them to get it but i think it won't be too late. Just wait a few days. International shipping don't work on weekends.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 05:00:31 »
Oh okay thanks! :)
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets