Author Topic: Steelseries Sensei...worth it?  (Read 87221 times)

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Steelseries Sensei...worth it?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 13:38:04 »
hmm so its only worth it due to its extra features?
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 13:59:19 »
That depends on if you want/need those extra features. Xai is pretty much the same mouse without the lights and stuff. I do prefer the SteelSeries Engine software for the Sensei over the Xai specific one.

Offline jellowiggler

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 14:26:00 »
Quote from: hcry4;483158
I also like the fact that you can put a mini black and white bmp pic or sig on the bottom.

Why is it appealing to put a screen on the bottom of a mouse? Who looks at the bottom of a mouse?
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 15:05:19 »
I just put my handle on the bottom to identify my mouse.

Offline Mazora

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 15:55:47 »
I find it very appealing. I love the sensei !
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Sencha

• HHKB Pro
  • MX Reds <3
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 16:46:51 »
The sensei firmware is upgraded from the Xai. Its the first time I've used the avago 9500 on cloth and its been decent. If you can get the Sensei for a decent price then its superb mouse.

Offline jbluzb

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 08 January 2012, 05:19:30 »
Finally after a months' use, I am comfortable and happy using the steelseries sensei mouse. Superb tracking.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 18:09:50 »
It's $70 for Amazon lightning deal, if anyone was looking to save $10. Less than 2 hours.

Offline Shogunner

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 21:39:05 »
Oh hey the Sensei price dropped, I'd just like to say that I was sent a review copy and was extremely impressed by it. I'm a G9 user but the Sensei did accomdate for my weird Claw/Palm hybrid (most likely developed because of G9 usage) grip over a few days. It's an excellent mouse in my opinion, and it's extremely comfortable. SteelSeries did a really good job with it. The only qualm I have is the really shiny stainless steel top. Other than that I would recommend it.

Hope that helps anyone whose on that line. :)

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 22:16:20 »
I've been using the Sensei since about October. I got it for maybe $64 shipped cause of the discount they gave out at Blizzcon. I really like it. I've used a Deathadder, Orochi, Imperator, G9x, and 518, and It's probably the best mouse I've ever used. Sure, it's a laser mouse, but it tracks great for what it is on my cloth pad, so take that however you wish.

Also, I'd like to touch on Steelseries' support. The first Sensei I was using had an issue with the middle click where it would double-click after pressing it once. It started to really bug me, so I sent it in about a week ago. Today, I got a package in the mail: a BNIB Sensei that works perfectly. And since I had already been using their clunky software on my PC, I didn't even need to set up the mouse again—my settings just transferred right over.

Awesome mouse, awesome company. I'm happy, so if you're willing to drop the cash, I highly recommend the product and the company.
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline nksharp

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 23:02:20 »
Quote from: Waterdr1nker;500236
I've been using the Sensei since about October. I got it for maybe $64 shipped cause of the discount they gave out at Blizzcon.

Got it during their blizzcon promo as well. I had used a G5,G500 and a roccat kone previously and this one trumps them all. Customization in everything is amazing and it is probably also lighter then most other mice (not sure if lighter then my roccat but it broke).

I did like the grip on my G5 better since it was easier to grip, the top of this is more of a smooth metallic surface more or less so that might just come down to preference.

I actually thought the buttons on the right side would bother me but after a week I got use to it (accidently hit them a few times during that first break in period).

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 02:10:56 »
My main concern so far is the acceleration that the xai and the kinzu have and if its the same with the sensei.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 08:55:01 »
Quote from: Lmnr;447760
Mostly due to gaming I have this on my wrist.

I also use a modified claw grip and with 500-800 dpi.

The Mark of a Gamer.

Some days my wrist is red/brown because of playing SC2. = D
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 23:42:54 »
Lol Sometimes its a way to know if another person plays pc games :D
I recently purchased a steelseries qck mousepad below my cyborg mousepad just so it didnt get that dark cause it looked pretty bad..
Peripherals:

Offline thp777

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 00:10:28 »
what is getting on your wrist? the paint or stain in the desk?

Offline Rinx7

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 18:48:45 »
I love mine don't notice much of the Acceleration Problems that I do on other Mice and on a decent hard Mousepad it glides.

Offline commandercup

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 12:30:48 »
I went from the G9 to the Xai and loved it... but only for a few days. After a while, my wrist/hand started to hurt for whatever reason. I moved on back to the G9X. YMMV

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:19:22 »
Quote from: thp777;502129
what is getting on your wrist? the paint or stain in the desk?
Its your skins natural reaction to putting constant pressure on a certain part.

For me its just a spot it doesn't hurt but its never a bad thing to get a good mouse-pad to put some padding wherever your wrist comes to contact with a hard surface.
Peripherals:

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:23:15 »
Quote from: Rinx7;502656
I love mine don't notice much of the Acceleration Problems that I do on other Mice and on a decent hard Mousepad it glides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9O4h2OP1DI
Peripherals:

Offline nmd

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 00:36:08 »
Quote from: Lmnr;501368
My main concern so far is the acceleration that the xai and the kinzu have and if its the same with the sensei.

I've never noticed any acceleration issues with the Xai despite having seen this claim before. :/ I know Kinzu has a noticeable issue though.

Offline Henry Allen Venture

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 02:24:19 »
Quote from: nmd;505005
I've never noticed any acceleration issues with the Xai despite having seen this claim before.

Seconding this.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline RamaBot

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 05:21:22 »
Quote from: Henry Allen Venture;505054
Seconding this.

Thirding this

Offline Luc0z

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 13:34:52 »
In my opinion, the mouse is either complete and utter sh*t or has major problems on cloth mousepads, such as the QcK+

The freemove gimmick is a load of crap. It makes it woefully hard to adjust your aim upwards, and it seems that, regardless of my exactaccel and exactaim settings, that moving the mouse left and right is more sensitive than moving it up and down and for that reason, I am returning it. I absolutely despise this product. Looks like I wont be buying from steelseries ever again.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 21:38:10 »
Try the zowie am supposedly its got the best sensor.
Peripherals:

Offline Anyguy4321

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 18:37:49 »
Just got the sensei in from Amazon.  It seems like a very solid mouse, basically the revered Microsoft Intellimouse on steroids.  First impressions are that the tracking is very good (though I do have a 4hd pad).  I do not notice issues on the qck (though the gripes seem to be for mild (5%) accleration at very high speeds while the mouse has low dpi which only super-hardcore fps'ers achieve).  I have a hayate coming in tomorrow with which I will test (and which is confirmed to basically negate acceleration problems for the most part).  I do NOT like the metal shell on this thing and the LED on the backside of the mouse is razer-level gimmicky if cool.  I thought you could change the picture but apparently you can only change what it says on the bottom led which you won't see 99.99% of the time anyways.

Tracking seems fine to me (but I mainly play SC2).  The fact that the mouse's buttons are built into the chassis means that I feel like clicking is a tad slower than on my CM storm.  Also the mouse is narrower than my cm storm around the buttons which I feel makes the mouse less stable as a platform while clicking (matters for precision).  This is mainly niggling.  My main concern with the mouse is that the top metallic part is somewhat slippery and glossy which I do not like.  I however really like the rubber grip on the sides.  I think this mouse may be a keeper (general gaming, RTS gaming) but I may return it and get the fnatic version which has a matte top instead of a metallic one (could care less about the dumb led).  However the fnatic version of the sensei has glossy sides too :/.  Why didn't they leave the sides rubber for the fnatic edition?  So silly.

It is definitely a top tier mouse for most things (except maybe hardcore high-end fps'ing which I admittedly don't do).

Edit after a few hours use: While the tracking is superb and the ergonomics are ok, the metal top started sticking to my hand after an hour or so of use (I have somewhat sweaty hands).  I knew this would happen.  It looks like I'll be trying out the fnatic edition at some point instead.  Looks like a return for me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2012, 23:37:06 by Anyguy4321 »

Offline notnay

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 11 March 2012, 17:13:01 »
I'm not going to lie, almost bought a sensei just due to the pretty lights.

Damn Steelseries, almost got me again.

Offline anselben

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 01:03:56 »
I've had a Steeleseries Ikari laser for the past 3 years and love it, it's never given me really any problems, and other than wearing the finish off from use, it works just as well as when I bought it.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 01:52:19 »
The xai at $35 from newegg is a great deal if you decide springing for the sensei is more of a luxury than you'd be willing to spend for.

Offline Shogunner

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 04:48:29 »
Took some pictures of my Sensei, **** this mouse is gorgeous.

~so artsy~

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 13:13:39 »
Sensei RAW is out soon. No screen on the bottom so a bit lighter, can get it in rubber or gloss and $60

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei-raw
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 13:15:51 by Zensuji »

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 14:35:04 »
So it's a Xai that's been renamed?

Offline nmd

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 21:11:32 »
And re-shelled, with a lighting engine, and a lit logo and wheel.  So, yes and no(I lean towards yes.)

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 21:14:39 »
I absolutely love the R.A.T 3 by Cyborg, but I also heard that the deathadder and g9x are top of the line.

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 22:34:02 »
Silly Steelseries I see their pattern now..
Peripherals:

Offline Arcane

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 11:10:45 »
what about the coating on the sensei raw? does it come off like on the xai mouse? Had 2 xai mice and on both of these the logo came off like in a few weeks and also the coating itself on the main buttons where the fingers rest. The gloss coating seems to be the same as on the Kana. Anyone with longtime experience? I think Razer does a pretty decent job at rubber coating their mice. Never seen those wear off. If the rubber coating on the sensei raw is the same crap as on the xai I would definetly get a glossy coating one. If both of these coating methods suck I would get a different mouse no matter what. Also they need to improve their mouse wheel if they haven't already. At least the one on the xai is a clunky sucky one. From a technical point of view the xai might be a good mouse but everything around it is really not the best out there....
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2012, 11:21:40 by Arcane »

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 11:30:45 »
Quote from: Lmnr;555152
Silly Steelseries I see their pattern now..

Haha, yeah.

Also, don't forget that it also offers 11k cpi!

Offline Shogunner

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 15:43:07 »
SteelSeries know that thats all numbers bull****, they just needed more sales fromt he typical idiots that buy stuff like Razer. The Xai came with 5001 even as a joke.

Offline killazys

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 02 April 2012, 10:40:06 »
No. Its not. I'm planning on selling mine. I claw grip and its too big, also I never use any of the features. All in all a pretty bad purchase. Only good thing is that there's literally no liftoff distance. Oh and the sensor is pretty accurate but you can get that with any laser

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 12:52:51 »
Peripherals:

Offline bramke

Re: Steelseries Sensei...worth it?
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 23:11:27 »
very bad mouse my oppinion , using a ec1

i have a steelseries sensei fnatic mouse for sale 1 time used if someone interested

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 02:01:24 »
Personally, I love my Sensei. I'll probably be back on it here fairly shortly (I rotate mice frequently).

Definitely one of my favorites. Probably will pick up a RAW here soon, too.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 02:59:37 »
Its an excellent mouse so far! Havent had it terribly long yet so i cant speak to the value very much, but this thing feels solid, has some neat looking LED's and overall is just a very ascetically pleasing mouse. As for performance, its as good as my old Razer mice, which, in my experience were very solid for gaming. This mouse has taken over as my new favorite mouse and I would recommend it.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 06:18:58 »
Personally, I love my Sensei. I'll probably be back on it here fairly shortly (I rotate mice frequently).

Definitely one of my favorites. Probably will pick up a RAW here soon, too.
I'm currently using mine that I picked up a few days ago, I am loving it so far. I also rotate mice fairly often, but after getting my G600 and Sensei I don't really feel like using any of my other mice. It's also one of the best looking mice I've seen so far.