Author Topic: Steelseries Sensei...worth it?  (Read 87223 times)

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Steelseries Sensei...worth it?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 13:25:17 »
Quote from: Skylit;451128
Look at AMD and Bulldozer :D

I'll try to explain the best I can. (I'm pretty bad at explaining tho ;p)

Back in early 2003-2004 the first "gaming grade" mice were equipped with High Performance optical sensors. While Agilent (now Avago) only rated these sensors for 40 IPS (Inches per sec= Max tracking speed), both Logitech and Razer brought out proprietary and open source versions that were able to track well above the 40 IPS rating and thus improved over time. Anyway, Logitech somehow created the first unofficial laser sensor out of a proprietary version of the Agilent ADNS-2020 (Optical sensor). The following year (2005), Agilent creates proprietary laser sensors for both Logitech and Razer to use. The problem was that these sensors weren't any better than the last generation opticals and pretty much failed at tracking anywhere close to the speed of previous sensors put forth. In fact, the laser technology was so undeveloped that it had trouble tracking on a fair range of cloth pads at the time. The only benefit? a Higher CPI range. (1600>2000) It certainty didn't stop marketing tho. 2000 CPI + Laser branding pretty much made bank for both companies.

Anyway fast forward a couple years (2007), and another laser shows up. This one while much better than the last, is still inferior to the max tracking rates of certain optical gaming mice. Only benefit was an increase of CPI. (2000>3200) The marketing continued.

Couple years past again> (2009) Avago 9500 is released. This time the sensor is boasting a whooping 5040 CPI upon release (5700 Through a custom firmware) Although unlike the previous sensors, this one went through an evolutionary change. The architecture and design was improved. It was able to run at frame rates twice that of their own opticals. It had a factory rating of "up to 150 IPS".  Everything about it pretty much looked amazing on paper. Sadly, it was not without problems as there were gamers that got annoyed by the sensors tracking inconsistency.

-Sensor produces around a 5%~ positive acceleration flaw based on the rate of speed in which you move your cursor. While a lot of people don't have a problem with it, it can be annoying to those that are used to 1:1 response on the lower sensitivities.
-The sensor would hit negative acceleration and would malfunction on most cloth pads fairly early.  (I'm happy to report that this isn't the case with the Sensei and it seems to be "fixed").

tl;dr The 9500 is indeed an improvement, just not for a gamer (yet.)
For games like quake where quick accurate movements matter that 5% means a lot so yes. So the sensei now doesnt have this negative acceleration but it has 5% acceleration?
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline shogrran

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 14:16:50 »
@Skylit

Thank you for enlightening us kind sir!  

I still stand by my Sensei and Salmosa though. I know I sound like a 12 year old ranting but I'm actually old. So I have used optical mice in the past(although they were the beginning of the optical mice - no fancy brands yet) and optical mice now in the present. The Salmosa (someone please tell me what sensor it uses) and the Sensei are the two best mice I have ever used.

I personally believe that any negative or positive acceleration or any change in mouse surface (not unless your mouse cannot detect the surface) is just a matter of adjusting to your mouse though. As long as the sensor detects the surface and does not "skip-skip" as if it was using glass as a mouse pad. Nowadays mice can even detect glass.. compare that from the time a shiny desktop or a few mouse pads won't even work with your optical mouse.

On a more specific note and in relation to the topic... I have never seen a mouse with exactaccel and exactaim before.(enlighten me if there were mice using these features before) And I think these two features are a major breakthrough. My counterstrike aiming abilities improved.. to think I haven't played counterstrike in like three years!
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 16:08:04 »
For low sens gaming it does matter.  I'm on around 600-900 in SC2 and CSS and I've since changed to around 1500 b/c too low is just unplayable personally.  The sensei (from reviews) does still suffers from negative acceleration on some cloth pads.  Hence what skylit said the sensor being inconsistent.  Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less.  At low sen, on my hard pad these issue is still detectable.  My main game is a third person MMO that requires around 3500 dpi so the sensei isn't too bad for my application.  One of the other issue for me is it's weight.  If you game in low sens you need to constantly lift off.  The spawn was the perfect weight for this kind of movement.  One of the other issue with the sensei is that if you do a lot of lift off and drop the mouse a bit heavy, the mouse button would depress sometimes.

Once again though, I think you got other choices with better value than the xai.  On the top of my head the kone+ is a good one (but the four way scroll isn't).  

Quote from: Lmnr;451209
well its not the way I hold my mouse but its response to my movement. Currently im using the fingertip grip. Ive gone through all the hand grip styles and found the fingertip grip to be the most responsive but the most tiring. It creates a somewhat accurate response even for this sidewinder x3 but I was looking for something that was even more accurate cause even with this mouse it tends to get some acceleration due to my mousepad being a hard smooth surface.

I hold my sensei the same and it does get tiring.  The most comfortable mouse I've used to date for that grip is the storm spawn.  It's got its own problems.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 16:59:26 »
Yep Id rather get tired than get a problematic mouse. Currently im waiting for is the zowie one. The kone seems like a good one but looks very bulky with those 8 buttons. Lowest sens ive had to go is 400 dpi and thats for stuff like quake or any fast paced fps. The mousepad im using also contributes to mouses that are completely flat since its a flat smooth surface without friction.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 19:25:14 »
Like I said man, G400 is a good and cheap choice.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 19:55:33 »
I guess its just me, Ive had bad previous experiences with logitech stuff.
Peripherals:

Offline shogrran

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 21:15:49 »
Well I dont like logitech that much either. I have a couple of experiences with logitech mice. Their wireless mice are a tad bit too heavy, lifting up the mice is quite difficult for me.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 22:25:31 »
Well its not that its simply the fact that their build quality is not what I would like. Plus wireless is a big no no for me since its more accurate to have a cable.
Peripherals:

Offline Namkung

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 23:00:19 »
I upgraded from Xai to sensei when sensei first came out and I have to say I love the mouse.
Now, I don't make use of any of those new fancy features and I highly doubt very many people will justify getting a sensei because they "need" those features and to me this mouse
is absolutely no different than the xai (the shape is certainly identical) and it gets the job done for me. but at the same time im not super picky when it comes to mouse as long as it feels comfortable / works properly.
upgrading to xai, i expected exactly that but upgraded because i gotta say.. it looks really nice with the chrome finish or whatever the shiny thing is that they put on it lol
* Proud winner of the first GH SC2 tournament *
REALFORCE 87UB 55g
REALFORCE 87UW 45g

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 23:19:09 »
Quote from: Lmnr;451520
Well its not that its simply the fact that their build quality is not what I would like. Plus wireless is a big no no for me since its more accurate to have a cable.
It is not more accurate to have a cable, why would you ever think that?

Offline Scarzy

• http://enecutive.blogspot.com/
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 04:55:48 »
Quote from: RenoFox;447761
If you're unsure of what mouse you want I'd recommend the Razer Deathadder, It's got like one of the best rep's and it's only 2/3 the price of the sensei.

While this is true, the firmware DOES allow you to turn off those pointless lights, something I always do, I also see it silly to power those different lights when I've no reason for them.

I wouldn't recommend 'leaping' at any mouse though, you need to know which feels best in your hand and that you feel like you can use through and through, for me, that is the intellimouse 3.0, for you it could be the sensei!

I'd recommend trying to test one, but that is easier said than done, i'm well aware of that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2011, 04:58:20 by Scarzy »

Offline KoolAidMan

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 06:17:51 »
Mouse preference is very subjective but I personally love the Sensei. I had the Xai for a year, and when it was time to get a mouse for my second desktop to replace my Deathadder (I absolutely hated its high profile and small glides) I picked up a Sensei. Now it is on my main desktop.

A Sensei is basically an upgraded Xai. If you have a Xai and don't need another mouse, no rush to get one. If you need a new mouse I highly recommend it. I love the weight, the shape, and the huge glides.

If price is a huge concern for you then perhaps you should look at Steelseries' Diablo 3 branded mouse. It is $70, has the same rubberized grip as the Xai (which strangely has less traction than the grippy plastic of the Sensei), has the upgraded button switches as the Sensei, and has the same shape and weight as the Xai/Sensei. All are really excellent mice IMHO.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 09:59:12 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;451565

Its more stable to have a cable than wireless.
Peripherals:

Offline shogrran

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 13:05:11 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;451565

Call it accuracy or call it a different term. Its better to use a wired than a wireless mouse.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline iindigo

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 13:33:37 »
Quick question... would be correct if I said the Mionix Naos 5000 uses the same sensor as the Xai and Sensei?

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 20:10:52 »
Yes but that mouse suffers from some lod issues.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 02:18:35 »
Plus another question regarding all these sensor talks. The sensor is jut one part of the whole architecture right? Even with a perfect sensor if all else fails or at least on some part the mouse fails... then its all pointless.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 15 November 2011, 07:47:50 »
Quote from: shogrran;452454
Plus another question regarding all these sensor talks. The sensor is jut one part of the whole architecture right? Even with a perfect sensor if all else fails or at least on some part the mouse fails... then its all pointless.
Yes, if you mess up something in the "data tranfer chain" from the sensor to your PC the best sensor can help.

Good example is the 8-bit USB data path bottleneck in older mice like the IME 3.0 or WMO which limited their performance at lower polling rates (125Hz), allthough there is an easy fix for that.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 00:22:38 »
Quote from: Lmnr;451811
Its more stable to have a cable than wireless.
Wired mice are not more stable either.
Quote from: shogrran;451907
Call it accuracy or call it a different term. Its better to use a wired than a wireless mouse.
Its not better to use either. I agree with the quote below in the fact that there isnt a mouse for everyone. If there was there wouldnt be all these different mice an sensors on the market. Also the only thing there may be a problem with wireless mice is latency which has nothing to do with anything that has been mentioned. The latency on newer wireless gaming mice cant be noticed and you wouldnt be able to pick out the wired mouse in a placebo test.

Quote from: Scarzy;451710
"I wouldn't recommend 'leaping' at any mouse though, you need to know which feels best in your hand and that you feel like you can use through and through, for me, that is the intellimouse 3.0, for you it could be the sensei!"

Offline trax

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:01:46 »
The only bad thing about wireless mice is that if you forget to recharge em ur ****ed the next day.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:34:55 »
Quote from: trax;453067
The only bad thing about wireless mice is that if you forget to recharge em ur ****ed the next day.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
That is why with alot of them they come with 2 battery packs or even take rechargeable NiMH batteries, which you can easily swap out. That is what I do with my G700's. O and if your worried about the battery dieing in the middle of a session you shouldnt. All mice can last that long even with 1/4-1/2 charge. If your worried swap batteries right before a session.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:48:13 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;453049
Wired mice are not more stable either.

Its not better to use either. I agree with the quote below in the fact that there isnt a mouse for everyone. If there was there wouldnt be all these different mice an sensors on the market. Also the only thing there may be a problem with wireless mice is latency which has nothing to do with anything that has been mentioned. The latency on newer wireless gaming mice cant be noticed and you wouldnt be able to pick out the wired mouse in a placebo test.

I apologize for not being more specific. The wired mouse is better for gaming and is more reliable even for non gaming situations. There is a reason why solids are better conductors and a reason why even after wireless has been in production for many many years and even after a lot of improvements on wireless technology, gamers still prefer the wired option e.g. The Razer Mamba which boasts of its wireless option has a wired option. Most of steelseries mice are still wired. Wireless, also is prone to interference. And this does not go only for mice. This goes for network connections and cellphone connectivity.

You may not prefer wired mouse but that doesn't mean wireless is a better option. Wired and wireless have their own pro's and con's but that's on different areas of preference like if you hate cables, or if you like a certain mouse shape etc etc.

But don't get me wrong, I agree with this statement as well

I wouldn't recommend 'leaping' at any mouse though, you need to know which feels best in your hand and that you feel like you can use through and through, for me, that is the intellimouse 3.0, for you it could be the sensei!

Specially with the shape of the mouse. Radically changing the shape of your mouse also radically extends your adjustment period. Best you take a look at what you currently have and go from there.

Personal feedback on the Sensei, its a slightly bigger mouse than other mice. If you are used to the shape AND SIZE of the XAI then no problem. I'm used to the Salmosa which is just a tiny bit smaller but now my hands ache much faster than before on gaming marathons. Plainly said, price doesn't mean performance. It still mostly depends on the user and mouse combo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:56:11 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:53:19 »
Quote from: shogrran;453086
I apologize for not being more specific. The wired mouse is better for gaming and is more reliable even for non gaming situations. There is a reason why solids are better conductors and a reason why even after wireless has been in production for many many years and even after a lot of improvements on wireless technology, gamers still prefer the wired option e.g. The Razer Mamba which boasts of its wireless option has a wired option. Wireless, also is prone to interference. And this does not go only for mice. This goes for network connections and cellphone connectivity.

You may not prefer wired mouse but that doesn't mean wireless is a better option. Wired and wireless have their own pro's and con's but that's on different areas of preference like if you hate cables, or if you like a certain mouse shape etc etc.

But don't get me wrong, I agree with this statement as well

Specially with the shape of the mouse. Radically changing the shape of your mouse also radically extends your adjustment period. Best you take a look at what you currently have and go from there.
I dont hate wired things but why be wired if you dont have to? Especially for something like a mouse which compare to all the other things we have wireless has very low data transfer. Heck if the G700 only came wired I would still have bought just as many. Yes I understand the interference claim which I would only worry about if you at a huge lan, then I would just plug in the cable that is a feature of many of the wireless mine out there. What I am trying to get across is that a mouse doesnt have to be wired to be good.

Logitech made me a happy man when they made a a mouse with "gaming" features with the same ergonomic as the MX Revolution. Up until recently I wouldnt trade mouse for my Ikari Laser for gaming, for everything else I was using a track ball. The G700 also brought be back to using mice for nearly everything, but still nothing beat a track ball for lazily browsing the web.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2011, 01:56:28 by TheProfosist »

Offline shogrran

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 02:08:09 »
@TheProfosist

On that first point I agree as well. If I wasn't so into no interference and the least possible latency, i'd go wireless simply because I hate managing cables. I believe I am not the only person who looks at the 'wound up' and 'tied' cable and gets irritated.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 02:17:49 »
Quote from: shogrran;453096
@TheProfosist

On that first point I agree as well. If I wasn't so into no interference and the least possible latency, i'd go wireless simply because I hate managing cables. I believe I am not the only person who looks at the 'wound up' and 'tied' cable and gets irritated.
Try out a G700 if you can its what brought me back to wireless and if you ever need its wired mode its there.

Offline Skylit

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 03:12:41 »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 03:22:17 »
Quote from: Skylit;453120
http://www.overclock.net/t/1168062/evalutation-steelseries-sensei-review-56k-warning

My take on the Sensei.
Nice review I was sent a review unit of the original WoW mouse but didnt give it a favorable review and havnt been able to get a review sample since.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 07:18:07 »
I don't have to worry about latency or interference because the added weight alone makes wireless mice a no-go for me.

Capacitors instead of batteries could "solve" that problem but I doubt we'll ever see that in a gaming mouse.

Offline DoctorSnoopy

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 18:01:13 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;453098
Try out a G700 if you can its what brought me back to wireless and if you ever need its wired mode its there.

I'm using the G700 mouse right now, its a pretty good mouse, tracks well and I haven't noticed any interruptions or lags when playing BF3 or SC2 but my preference, the battery in the mouse feels a bit too heavy (G700 is 150g while Sensei is 100g) so sometimes I end up using it with the wire, w/o battery and a piece of tape (to cover the blinking red LED for low battery).

Offline shogrran

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 19:30:40 »
hmmm... and speaking of the steelseries sensei. Everytime i search around the net, I keep reading stuff about Kana kana kana kana kana kana. Is that a confirmed mouse that they'll be releasing sometime soon?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 16 November 2011, 20:27:53 »
People are asking their twitter etc but they keep acting like its nothing :)
Peripherals:

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 01:45:13 »
Quote from: shogrran;453641
hmmm... and speaking of the steelseries sensei. Everytime i search around the net, I keep reading stuff about Kana kana kana kana kana kana. Is that a confirmed mouse that they'll be releasing sometime soon?
Confirmed but not officially announced.
It will be an ambidextrous mouse with one side button per side, smaller than Xai/Sensei but bigger than Kinzu, will probably cost 50$.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32275[/ATTACH]

They also posted 2 internal pics on twitter.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 10:57:40 »
Confirmed but not announced.... sounds shady.. so who confirmed it. If its really the official steelseries confirmation thats really interesting. Hhmm.. but its strange was it confirmed before the sensei was released?

At 50USD sounds like a deal. The internal pics on their twitter page is that the 'mouse gore' pic that they posted in friendster as well?

I might get that when it comes out not that I don't like my sensei but because I have a good experience with steelseries. You have to admit, computer peripherals are sometimes addictive.

Hopefully it comes in gloss white. I like the concept of just one button on the side. (i wish they make a non ambidextrous mouse for a change)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 November 2011, 11:02:29 by shogrran »
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 10:59:47 »
Quote from: shogrran;454053
Confirmed but not announced.... sounds shady.. so who confirmed it. Just leakage?

At 50USD sounds like a deal. The internal pics on their twitter page is that the 'mouse gore' pic that they posted in friendster as well?

I might get that when it comes out not that I don't like the sensei but because I have a good experience with steelseries.

Hopefully it comes in gloss white. I like the concept of just one button on the side. (i wish they make a non ambidextrous mouse for a change)
their original mouse the Ikari Laser was righty only and I loved the thing i wish they would give it an update.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 12:15:52 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;454057
their original mouse the Ikari Laser was righty only and I loved the thing i wish they would give it an update.

I like righty mouse as well. Even if I deactivate the buttons on the other side of the mouse for ambidextrous design,for me it just feels to irritating to accidentally press the buttons when they don't do nothing or just when I am moving the mouse. I have a grip where I keep my ring finger outside of the mouse on the edge of it and that keeps hitting the buttons.

I'm trying to adjust now by changing my grip and making my ring finger ride the mouse as well but adjusting really takes a lot of effort when you are so used to something and it makes my hand hurt. Specially when I forget and what happens is that I try to make the ring finger "float" on top of the buttons :D and I get a tired finger.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 13:43:29 »
Quote from: shogrran;454053
Confirmed but not announced.... sounds shady.. so who confirmed it. If its really the official steelseries confirmation thats really interesting. Hhmm.. but its strange was it confirmed before the sensei was released?
A while ago you could vote on the color of an upcomming mouse (Mouse1.1), the second pic is the winning color.

Some times later some online shops listed a SteelSeries Kana (together with a Kinzu v2), Kim Rom, their Marketing Manager, startet posting on OCN, 3 forum members got an (afaik early) sample for feedback and reviewing.

yep

There will be a glossy white version, you can see it in the background of the 1st and 3rd pic here.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 14:57:13 »
Oh sweet mother of god! I LOVE THE LOOKS OF IT!

Its simple, not much bling but looks stylish.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 32309[/ATTACH]
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline jbluzb

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 07:41:52 »
I have a steelseries sensei and it is all good. I will break this in BF3

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 22:40:48 »
So theres a new sensei... any major differences?
Peripherals:

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 09:36:58 »
I like the xai over g500, but they are both good. The sensei is not really worth the extra money for the lights and colors, but I still like it just a little more than the xai.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 13:58:26 »
So I have been using the SteelSeries Sensei for a few weeks now.

I have some additional feedback. I am having problems with the size of the mouse. I think my hands are too small for the Sensei. So that is something to consider as well if you want to buy this mouse.

To explain:

1. The width is slightly bigger than my old Salmosa. It wouldn't matter to palm grippers I believe but for my own grip I tend to put just two fingers on top of the mouse and rest the ring finger on the edge of the mouse. Over time my finger muscles get tired because subconsciously I tend to avoid pressing the right side buttons even if I disabled them in the driver. To give a more graphical description; my ring finger is bent more to the right and that eventually tires me.

2. I can adjust the above problem by resting my fingers more to the center claw grip style but that takes my index and middle finger away from the ideal clicking area near top of the mouse. Its harder to click down the middle of the mouse (just the way a lever works). Doing it this way doesn't make my ring finger tired as much but now my index and middle gets the stress.

3. I can also adjust from problem one by resting my ring finger on the second mouse button but that doesn't work very well. The added weight on the button makes it really easy to press the button accidentally. In a way that makes me "hover finger" and that is tiresome.

4. The hump of the back of the mouse itself is a problem for me. It rests too far back on the palm for my claw grip. If you know the kinzu that I believe is a more ideal mouse shape.

All in all I have read a lot of reviews saying this mouse is so comfortable comfortable comfortable etc etc. I think that is a load of marketing. The mouse being comfortable is the least of its good features for me. One mouse shape cannot be a solution for all.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 14:10:11 »
Then stay far away from the g700, you would hate the crap out of it.  Thicker and bulkier than the readings I see for the Sensei.

Offline kaen

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 15:01:14 »
I found the sensei to be the perfect size, but i do have very large hands, i have no negatives for it at the moment.

Offline shogrran

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 22:17:00 »
Quote from: inaneframe;473293
Then stay far away from the g700, you would hate the crap out of it.  Thicker and bulkier than the readings I see for the Sensei.

Ahh well the logitech g700 boasts of its shape. I think shape-wise for a right-handed person that would be better. But I had experience with those mice being too heavy. Hahaha.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline inaneframe

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 19 December 2011, 04:18:06 »
Quote from: shogrran;473571
Ahh well the logitech g700 boasts of its shape. I think shape-wise for a right-handed person that would be better. But I had experience with those mice being too heavy. Hahaha.

Are we going to see the Sensei in the classifieds section soon?

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 03 January 2012, 22:45:49 »
To put this simple its a Xai with some lights and new paint. Laser mice in general are not worth it. So that is a no it cost too much for what it gives you.
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline Tsubaki

• I browse 4chan's Technology board
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 03 January 2012, 22:58:34 »
Get an xai, its the same thing except a lot cheaper without LEDs.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 01:24:10 »
Not really worth it, but love it nonetheless.

Offline kaen

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 10:25:22 »
Quote from: hcry4;482921
Not really worth it, but love it nonetheless.

This. It is an extravagance, nothing more. Other mice out there can perform just as well. I do love the shiny tho :)

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 11:12:23 »
I also like the fact that you can put a mini black and white bmp pic or sig on the bottom.