Author Topic: [IC] KBM Red Floof  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
[IC] KBM Red Floof
« on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 02:08:35 »
You like Red Pandas? We do too! We designed this set to focus on the fun and cute nature of these little furballs. They're playful, spontaneous, and LOVE the snow!
We're super proud to be sharing this set and truly hope you enjoy and appreciate the cuteness <3

><
^^
You got something to say? Say it here! Or don't? IDK click this thing please <3

Let's talk kitting! Or don't and you can just read on, I'll only be a little hurt its okay <3 Our goal for this kitting is to be able to support as many people as possible and be as inclusive as we can. That is why we chose to do a full-size 40's Basekit. This is a standalone kit that supports almost all 40's layouts with the noticeable outtake of QAZ1. We included 2x3u spacebars in the spacebar kit because they are used by both 40s and basekit users. Cangjie sublegends as red pandas are native to China. ISO forced accent in the novelties kit, this is to reduce the cost of the already expensive novelties kit. Novelties designed by Seo, renders rendered by Beesley, and the icons are designed by maxvoltar.

Deskmats!! Yay!! We love these designs we've come up with but sadly we're only going to run one of the pattern deskmats! Please fill out the IC form and vote for which one you like most! They're both adorable, so we couldn't decide by ourselves. Hangin' around as designed by mische, and patterns were designed by OTK, Seo, and sheey.

More

More
Artisans by KBM. Designed by OTK, KBM, and Seo. Everything will be aluminum anodized and enamel infilled. Metal keycap is R1, 1u, and Cherry profile. The tray is 145mm x 75mm x 17.5mm, and the fillet applied is 25mm.

We've confirmed the pricing as well the current vendors.  If you'd like to add another or are a vendor in another region, reach out to KBM#0001, OtaBen#0001, or HispaNic#9800

Celestial65

More

Iron165

More

Alright, lets talk bonus things! First things first, keycap specifications: PBT Plastic, Dyesub manufacturing, 5 sided dyesub on novelties and modifiers, 1.7mm thick walls, cherry profile R1-4. Deskmats are your standard 900 x 400 x 4mm, we use solid stitching colors for the highest quality, and they will be manufactured by KBM as well. Colors are pantone matched and samples are in process, so they will be photographed and posted as soon as they arrive. Finally, we have plans for an H75 collab with KBM once we confirm samples of the keyboard and complete a design. Sub-note 1: QAZ requires a 1.25u Q-row key, KBM does not support this key, and the cost to create this mould was deemed too significant. We hope you all enjoyed our IC, and enjoyed our keycap set! Thank you so much <3 ~ Otakeebs. 

If you want to show off your support for this set, put this banner in your bio! We appreciate it!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=119412.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/Gr3wMpV.png[/img][/url]

If you want updates, join our discord by clicking the button beneath!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 February 2023, 00:11:58 by Otakeebs »

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
Re: [IC] KBM Red Floof
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 02:17:47 »
F13 wrong color. Alpha colored 6u would be nice in spacebars. N e reverse dyesub samples?
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 02:35:09 »
F13 wrong color. Alpha colored 6u would be nice in spacebars. N e reverse dyesub samples?

F13 is a designer choice, you can have it mod color or alpha color. Personally I prefer it to be alpha colored :) 6u in spacebars was considered, it isn't used in many layouts, primarily 40's and keyboards from razer and brands of the like, which isn't really the demographic that purchases the kits, it would just make the kitting more expensive for everyone else or waste plastic. KBM has produced many things with reverse dyesub, and samples are under way stay tuned for updates in that regard. You can see Love Detective, Fairy, or Hundred Acres :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the 6u layouts, if it is popular enough I will add it, but I didn't find that to be the case in the research I've done on it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2023, 02:57:55 by Otakeebs »

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 04:59:24 »
6u is used for true HHKB boards; with the influx of 6u HHKB boards and aftermarket housings it makes sense to include. Especially when your kitting is already this massive.

especially when you have already have 1.5u supers used primarily/exclusively for HHKB in your kitting :rolleyes:
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 12:23:51 »
6u is used for true HHKB boards; with the influx of 6u HHKB boards and aftermarket housings it makes sense to include. Especially when your kitting is already this massive.

especially when you have already have 1.5u supers used primarily/exclusively for HHKB in your kitting :rolleyes:

Absolutely, don't a lot of the HHKB's now use 7u spacebars because they are more common? and 1.5u bottom row is definitely common outside of HHKB though.If more people ask for it I will definitely consider adding it! Thank you for the feedback!

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 15:55:59 »
Red pandas are my gf's favorite animal. I even managed to get a least artisan for her. I don't know how well these will come out, but I'll be looking into the manus other work to see if they hold up.

If all checks out, I'll definitely be getting a set with novelties

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 16:09:03 »
So close yet so far to raccoon endgame
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 18:55:20 »
Red pandas are my gf's favorite animal. I even managed to get a least artisan for her. I don't know how well these will come out, but I'll be looking into the manus other work to see if they hold up.

If all checks out, I'll definitely be getting a set with novelties

We are making full samples with KBM, and I would take a peak at Hundred Acres. You can see just how good they are! Stay tuned or join the mailing list on the IC and we'll ping with updates on samples!

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 18:55:36 »
So close yet so far to raccoon endgame

GMK Trash Panda :)

Offline racconcrack

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 21:57:09 »
Yes please.

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 00:42:29 »
Yes please.
I'm so glad you liked it, thank you for the support <3

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 12:54:08 »
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 13:38:20 »
My son has a big love for red pandas and also happens to be into custom keyboards.  Definitely picking up a set for him when this goes live.  :thumb:
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 20:24:01 »
My son has a big love for red pandas and also happens to be into custom keyboards.  Definitely picking up a set for him when this goes live.  :thumb:
Than you so much! <3

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 22:30:43 »
I love panda , maybe this is a very unique keyboard pattern for me
Thank you for the praise!! We appreciate it greatly!

Offline Otakeebs

• www.otakeebs.com
    • Otakeebs
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 00:12:55 »

Changes have been made!