Author Topic: REL: Key Cap Graphics  (Read 3041 times)

Offline mkeeley

REL: Key Cap Graphics
« on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 13:55:03 »
Hi everyone!

I've created a decent chunk of vector (ai) keyboard graphics for people who either haven't the time or aren't too artistic. A couple such a Che Guevara are not my own work, I've just taken the image, converted it to vector and then simplified/tidied it. Most are single colour as, by the sounds of it, multi colour is too expensive for one offs. Nearly all have white, black, red, yellow and green variations, a couple it didn't make sense to do that. The blank spaces in the preview are the white versions of the images.

I'm happy to allow anyone to use them but it would be nice if a spare key cap or two could be "donated" in return for their use!

Depending on the response I'll look at creating more in the future.

Don't redistribute without permission please.

The download is about 21mb and I've uploaded it to my DropBox account:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12203084/Key%20Cap%20Images.rar

Hope you find them useful.

I'm also putting the finishing touches to a Mac custom layout, lots of variations and UK versions too, details when I've packaged it up.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 01:37:52 »
Cheers,

Adding it to my collection.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 01:41:45 »
Space invaders are so awesome ;)
Keyboardless

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 01:49:13 »
!!!!!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 01:55:42 »
I'm loving all the linux-related ones. I just put LM onto my USB drive for testing and possible upgrade (from crunchbang) today.

Might I suggest you formalize your intentions with a "Creative Commons" License?

Offline mkeeley

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:03:32 »
Quote from: dorkvader;566358
I'm loving all the linux-related ones. I just put LM onto my USB drive for testing and possible upgrade (from crunchbang) today.

Might I suggest you formalize your intentions with a "Creative Commons" License?

Thought about that, just wasn't sure as I'd included, for example, Che,  I didn't create the photo just vectorised it. Was going to do more Linux logos but think I covered the most popular ones. Was also going to create Vi/Emacs images but not sure they're really suitable for key caps.
Marc

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 00:54:31 »
Quote from: mkeeley;566595
Was also going to create Vi/Emacs images but not sure they're really suitable for key caps.
Hmm, I know there are VI/VIM keycaps that exist. I think R3 had them. I'm certain they came in spherical from SP at some point. I'm not really familiar with editors, as I usually use something modestly graphical that came on the system, but I'm sure there's something that can be worked out for the emacs people.
---
Vim keycap from round3:
http://ompldr.org/vOTZwaQ

Offline mkeeley

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 06:58:40 »
Quote from: mkeeley;566595
Thought about that, just wasn't sure as I'd included, for example, Che,  I didn't create the photo just vectorised it. Was going to do more Linux logos but think I covered the most popular ones. Was also going to create Vi/Emacs images but not sure they're really suitable for key caps.

Thanks for that, that's one ugly graphic, matches the editor though! Don't really use Linux these days but was never a fan of vi. I'll leave that unless someone really wants it.
Marc

Offline mbc

• -delete-
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 07:19:30 »
Licencing trademarked logos doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Offline mkeeley

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 09:41:26 »
Quote from: mbc;567515
Licencing trademarked logos doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Don't see a problem if they're for personal use, nothing commercial about it and not something you can't find all over the web (including this site). Of the logos I think the only one that could be perceived as causing problems is the Apple logo, the Linux and Raspberry Pi ones are fine. If you really think some are a problem chat with an admin and, if they agree, let me know which and I'll remove them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2012, 09:59:15 by mkeeley »
Marc

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 09:44:05 »
Ooh, I would love a debian and a QWERTY-row bomb key (as a delete) someday.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline mkeeley

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 09:54:35 »
Quote from: mkeeley;567598
Don't see a problem if they're for personal use, nothing commercial about it and not something you can't find all over the web (including this site). Of the logos I think the only one that could be perceived as causing problems is the Apple logo, the Linux and Raspberry Pi ones are fine. Not forcing anyone to use them!

The idea was mainly for people to pick images (they're all separate) and get them made up by, say, WASD as it's so cheap.  Of course someone could start a group buy on any of them too if they so wished.
Marc

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 19:34:53 »
Punisher + space invaders look awesome
I love Elzy