Author Topic: are these any good?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline retsteel

• Hmmm... I guess I'm here again.
are these any good?
« on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:02:43 »
has anyone ever ordered any keycaps from this seller or have any hints as to whether they are any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37-Keycaps-Cherry-MX-keyboard-Orange-US-Shipper-NEW-US-Shipper-Limited-SALE-/110840482450?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item19ce9b8a92

thanks...

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
are these any good?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:11:52 »
Looks like ABS lasered.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Inochi

are these any good?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:19:32 »
Some else found these last month, http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?28075-37-keycap-sets-13-99-free-shipping.

For the most they're not too bad for ~$14 was the general consensus.

Offline silat

are these any good?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:29:37 »
I got some pink caps from him. They were KBC and fine for the money:) Do not expect the legends to last long.
 there is a thread about them but I cannot find it at the moment.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline retsteel

• Hmmm... I guess I'm here again.
are these any good?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:32:58 »
thanks guys, I think I will be ordering a set.

Offline Wheeton

are these any good?
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 April 2012, 14:10:07 »
I ordered a set of the blue ones. In the picture they definitely looked lighter, more like a lavender. However, at least for the blue ones, the legends do oxidize very quickly, turning them black. I contacted the seller about it and he said it was a manufacturing problem with the blue set. Overall pretty solid caps for $14, so it's not too big of a deal.

Now those keycaps have a "dark on dark" effect that masks the legends whilst still keeping them visible enough, which is an interesting and a not-entirely-bad side effect, actually. However, it would have been nice to know that this would have happened before I had ordered them, but for $14 I'm not all up in arms about it.
Filco MJ-2 TKL Brown | CCnG