Author Topic: WASD Pink Keycaps (Cherry MX)  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Sedz

WASD Pink Keycaps (Cherry MX)
« on: Thu, 12 April 2012, 07:26:57 »
Hey there guys,

My first post here. Saw you guys have an entire sub forum dedicated to keycaps and thought, better post here.
So I have a Steelseries G6V2, and was looking for Pink Keycaps for it, I am only looking to grab WASD and the 1-0 Number Row.

I browsed through WASDkeyboards and eBay but could not find them, any help?

Thanks

Sedz

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 April 2012, 11:28:33 »
First, welcome to Geekhack!  And have you tried emailing WASD Keyboards to see if they could accomodate your request for that pink WASD and the number row set?  I'm not sure if they can do pink since I didn't see it listed as one of the color choices on their website but it doesn't hurt to ask.

And if not then there are other ways you can go about it...  do it yourself if you feel adverturous enough (dye the keycaps yourself).  I'm sure there's a guide around here somewhere or you can try posting in the Classifieds section to see if someone has a set that they're willing to part with.

Also another way is to start an IC (Interest Check) in the group buy section.  I'm sure you're not the only one who's looking for a pink WASD/num row set. lol  Oh and ask tsangan since he's into pink stuff.  :flypig:
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 April 2012, 11:36:48 »
Also you can buy a set of pink keycaps on ebay fairly cheap and just use the keys you need. They often have pink 37 sets for under $20 shipped :)
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 April 2012, 11:48:16 »
you don't have the right profiles if you get a 37 keys set I*believe. Unless you don't care about the wrong profile on the number keys.

And you are assuming that he wants blank keys, but he hasn't specified.

Offline Sedz

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 April 2012, 01:21:32 »
I had a look for pink keycap sets on ebay, no luck. (I was looking through the Australian version though, could be why).

Also @ Dju

I'm looking for laser etched preferably.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 10:10:06 »
I think WASD said in his subforum that he'll have pink sometime later this year. If you want to wait a bit, I am sure that's your best option. Other than that, you may want to buy some white PBT and dye it pink. I would not recommend getting red, and trying for less time, though, as this has lead to inconsistent colouration for at least one user here.

Offline Sleabo

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://www.qwerkeys.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 06:09:00 »
Hi there
please check Qwerkeys Blanks for sale in the Vendor forum
Sleabo
QWERKeys - Custom Keycaps for your Cherry MX Mechanical Keyboard