Author Topic: Samus Keycaps  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
Samus Keycaps
« on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:15:31 »
I admit I am a big fan of games and I've seen a lot of gaming related keys here, the mario bros, half life, zelda. I thought I would join this forum and come in to the keyboard game swinging. :P Would there be an interest in a Metroid set? I have hand drawn some ideas up and think that they would look pretty cool. Whats the magic number though of keys per set. I have four drawn, and I think that's a good number since there are 4 F keys per section on keyboards. Let me know what you guys think. And if anybody is up for helping me make mock-up it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline noog

Samus Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:16:48 »
You have my attention. Carry on.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Samus Keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:19:00 »
Related:  A metroid helm like the ironman key!

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:26:42 »

I really like this idea but as I am really new here, I wouldn't know where to start. *looks to veteran group buy starters*
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:31:12 »

I really like this idea but as I am really new here, I wouldn't know where to start. *looks to veteran group buy starters*

I just started a thread with a list of metal art caps that I would love to get made and I added the metroid helm to the list.  It's a large list and logically I know they can't all be created (esp since the Ironman was $125 a pop and only 20 were made), but I figure use it to get the ball rolling for one-two a quarter and everyone can maybe get a fantastically awesome cap or three.

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 22:32:27 »

I just started a thread with a list of metal art caps that I would love to get made and I added the metroid helm to the list.  It's a large list and logically I know they can't all be created (esp since the Ironman was $125 a pop and only 20 were made), but I figure use it to get the ball rolling for one-two a quarter and everyone can maybe get a fantastically awesome cap or three.

Awesome +1 to that thread :)

Offline spiralsc2

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 21:28:18 »
what if we had a metroid but 3d, like sticking out of the key

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 21:32:46 »
what if we had a metroid but 3d, like sticking out of the key
That's what I mean by the key ideas in my entire thread.

Offline SpartanD63

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 01:27:36 »
If I had a Cherry board I'd buy one in an instant. But, since nobody makes customs for the Model M, I might have to try my hand at making one myself... I love Metroid.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 01:29:42 by SpartanD63 »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 19:09:51 »
If I had a Cherry board I'd buy one in an instant. But, since nobody makes customs for the Model M, I might have to try my hand at making one myself... I love Metroid.
You can mod cherry keycaps to fit on IBM, with some modification and glue. Unfortunately other than that one Clickclack put out recently, there aren't many custom options for IBM.