geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Linux Distro do the Linux users of GH use?

(1/550) > >>

esko997:
I'm using Arch at home and Ubuntu at work.

Whats the general GH Linux concensus?

jdcarpe:
I primarily use Ubuntu with Gnome classic at home. At work I'm forced to use Windows. :(

I've tried most distros, and keep coming back to 'buntu, because I'm very familiar with it.

Vibex:
I use funtoo, and it was my first linux distro. I'm planning on trying arch some time soon on one of my spare computers though.

hashbaz:
Redhat at work, Windows at home.  If I did serious coding at home I would definitely have a linux install, but for browsing and chatting Windows does just fine.  In the past I've done dual boot setups at home with Windows + Ubuntu or Fedora, and ended up never booting into linux.

esko997:

--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Sat, 29 March 2014, 22:59:00 ---I primarily use Ubuntu with Gnome classic at home. At work I'm forced to use Windows. :(

I've tried most distros, and keep coming back to 'buntu, because I'm very familiar with it.

--- End quote ---

Cant go wrong with Ubuntu, was my first Distro and still use it daily.

--- Quote from: Vibex on Sat, 29 March 2014, 23:01:49 ---I use funtoo, and it was my first linux distro. I'm planning on trying arch some time soon on one of my spare computers though.

--- End quote ---

Been meaning to try funtoo, whats the longest you've had an install for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version