Author Topic: [IC] GMK Kaiju! (Kit Prices! Launching March 4 on Drop!)  (Read 106090 times)

Offline yohannes

Re: [IC] GMK Kaiju (new set!)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 23:43:07 »
Green and orange, both my faved colors. Will definitely get this sets. Nephl0ck, speaking of novelties, it will be great to have a row (f keys) of kaiju monsters icons. That will be so dope

Offline nephlock

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 00:39:57 »
Green and orange, both my faved colors. Will definitely get this sets. Nephl0ck, speaking of novelties, it will be great to have a row (f keys) of kaiju monsters icons. That will be so dope

This maaay be able to happen. As I stated above I’m hesitant only due to copyright issues, but I believe if I can keep them outside of being super specific it could work! Stay tuned!

Offline harlekein

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 04:59:55 »
Please do a Kobe kit. I know GMK Wavez didn't make it, but I think it's because it had nothing to do with the theme. This would be perfect and would allow for a reasonably priced ortho/40's kit with the abnormalities/warnings.

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 08:05:56 »
Please do a Kobe kit. I know GMK Wavez didn't make it, but I think it's because it had nothing to do with the theme. This would be perfect and would allow for a reasonably priced ortho/40's kit with the abnormalities/warnings.
All kits will be made for Wavez including Kobe. But yeah, kobe will be a nice kit

Offline maximize

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 09:31:46 »
Amazing work. Is there any chance you'd consider providing alphas without hiragana sublegends?

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 20:25:21 »

+1 for Kobe

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 02:38:29 »
This set could use one more warning sign to fill out the bottom row mods. E.g. on a 65% board, I have 3 1.25u mods to the left of the Spacebar and 2 to the right. I would love to keep that bottom row in white+orange.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 02:40:01 »
P.S. Could you do a 65% render with Warning Signs?

Offline BKT5000

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 09:03:35 »
Awesome set. I would really like this to come true.

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 22:21:10 »
That reddish orange next to the Pantone chip is the backup RAL? I like that one way better anyway. The lighter orange feels "weak" compared to that excellent green, and might also have contrast issues against the white. The redder orange would be nice and bold.

Haha this was exactly my first thought when looking at the color samples too. Might be something to do with the relative sizing of the sample swatches? I think color matching is gonna be SUPER important for this one; if it's a bit off it could look garbage :p. But I trust Neph completely to do an awesome job and see us right :thumb:

For the kits, +1 for the Abnormalities kit. I love to see 40s support, and it should hit MOQ if this runs through Drop.

Also, I think a Kobe kit would be really appropriate for the theme (and just look awesome!), although I can understand if you want to keep the number of kits smallish, especially as alternative alpha kits often don't do too well.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 03:28:08 »
I’d love to see an Icon Set for mods. Great job. Interested.

I agree. I would prefer all icon mods.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 01:00:43 »
When I first saw this set I didn't like it, now I love it...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 04:55:22 »
Any chance of offering this with say, a Night Mode kinda kit that's a bit darker? Maybe a grey for the alphas?

Offline nightinx

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:19:36 »
definitely love this
Japanese flag might not be suitable in the nov set,wish more other elements added to it.
then all in.

Offline dcchambers

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 10:44:17 »
This is a really fun colorway. I'm in on this one.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 04:31:23 »
I just spent some 10-15 mins playing around with a 65% layout...

219792-0

Since this was just a quick draft on an idea, it's not fully formed, but I was generally thinking of a white top and bottom row, with orange accent keys. These ideas are born from the lovely symmetry of the HHKB layout, which doesn't work as well on a 65%/75%/TKL in my eyes.

Anyway, perhaps this will give you some more inspiration which will in turn give us more renders, but I am extremely interested in an all-white or all-orange (with accent keys in either colour) bottom row.

Edit: Please don't make me switch to HHKB. 😁
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 04:34:32 by Moridin »

Offline VXQN

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 07:19:17 »
BIG fan of this set. Not my normal style as I generally prefer more low-key stuff, but this is just so well thought through!

I understand this is a big ask, but any chance of getting a modifiers-only set? I reckon forest green would match so many other sets so nicely.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 21:54:10 »
howd i miss this banger of a set,id like to see this come around.

Offline aleck

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 15:42:42 »
Oh my god, I think I'll sell my Kuro Shiro set when it arrives to buy this, love the colors, legends, the warning set, everything!

Offline snarfel

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 16:07:20 »
Oh my god, I think I'll sell my Kuro Shiro set when it arrives to buy this, love the colors, legends, the warning set, everything!
I'd be interested in purchasing said set off you, only had enough to get the RAMA caps at the time.

Offline slimydog

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 00:38:32 »
Since I'm new to the scene (where my opinion has no weight), and I'm sure that the design for this set is already made, but it's just so hard to look at this without thinking that the alphas would balance the brightness, if they were a tinge more grey.  Like watching the Miami Hurricanes on a keyset or pair of sneakers can be an eyesore IMO.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 01:45:49 »
Personally I like the high contrast. There are plenty of more conservative or neutral sets around already.

Offline yap68

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 01:55:15 »
Not a fan of high contrast, prefer grayish white which will suit the bright red orange very well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2019, 01:59:08 by yap68 »

Offline nappis

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 02:36:53 »
Really liking this set! Going to buy a set if GB happens.

Offline aleck

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:05:51 »
I'd be interested in purchasing said set off you, only had enough to get the RAMA caps at the time.
I'd be more than happy to sell it to you, but keep in mind that you would have to pay for the set (Base set and japanese modifiers) and shipping from central america.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:20:19 »
I think you should make the monsters and novelties with just a bit more cuteness... adds quirkyness to the keyboard. But overall it looks awesome.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 21:38:53 »
Hey all, quick update on this. May has been a busy month, but now that it’s over I’m going to get back at this set. I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback, so I’m going to work through it and get some updates out soon! Thanks to all who those who have been following!

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 15:48:02 »
hated it first time i saw. now im in love.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 15:52:45 »
Any chance on a different mod kit like we had with metropolis? Feel like some green all text mods would look pretty good.

Offline ramblinrose

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 07:59:41 »
I really like the green mods. I'd probably consider buying simply for the mods hah.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 11:59:32 »
I'd be more than happy to sell it to you, but keep in mind that you would have to pay for the set (Base set and japanese modifiers) and shipping from central america.
Totally fine, live in CONUS so shouldn't be an issue. Probably cheaper anyways than if I could have bought from kbdfans at the time anyways (Archetype artisan was $15 in shipping(!))

Offline aleck

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:29:40 »
Totally fine, live in CONUS so shouldn't be an issue. Probably cheaper anyways than if I could have bought from kbdfans at the time anyways (Archetype artisan was $15 in shipping(!))
Sounds fine, I'll send you a pm whenever the keyset arrives. :thumb:

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 11:24:45 »
how are there only 200 votes for this on drop!? this set is amazing!!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 12:22:52 »
how are there only 200 votes for this on drop!? this set is amazing!!

Probably because no one knows it was on there until you mentioned it. I'm going to vote now actually!  ;D

Offline adxlk

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 12:29:38 »
GMK Kenpeidan

Offline Grayness

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 16:11:48 »
Is there any possibility of a R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn being added to the base kit?

Offline turbosloth

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 01:40:45 »
Big fan of this, like the kits (esp the ortho and minimal base) and love the colours. Would love to see this get made

Offline zekth

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 03:52:08 »
gmk gatorade

:)) :))

Personnaly like it but the Orange is a bit too much bright IMO

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 06:21:47 »
Looks really good, will definitely be paying attention to see where this goes.

Offline K05M0NAUT

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:47:10 »
Super excited for my metroplois set and if this runs I will for sure going in on it. Just curious, you have a rounded font on all the legends on these and I was curious if you were going to use custom legends for every key? Or are those placeholders for the standard cherry ones that GMK uses by default. Also all the keys on the diagram have a size of 1.25u when I am pretty sure some of them should be 2.25u or 1.75u.

This set is going to look super cool on my Tokyo 60 and it will be fun to have a Godzilla set on a Tokyo board.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:51:31 »
Super excited for my metroplois set and if this runs I will for sure going in on it. Just curious, you have a rounded font on all the legends on these and I was curious if you were going to use custom legends for every key? Or are those placeholders for the standard cherry ones that GMK uses by default. Also all the keys on the diagram have a size of 1.25u when I am pretty sure some of them should be 2.25u or 1.75u.

This set is going to look super cool on my Tokyo 60 and it will be fun to have a Godzilla set on a Tokyo board.

Yeah it’s a close approximation legend for placeholder. Good catch! They will be standard GMK legends.

Also good catch on the sizes. You’re correct! I have to type those in manually and must have missed a few! I’ve got an update coming soon so I’ll make sure they get fixed!

Offline K05M0NAUT

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 15:42:02 »

Yeah it’s a close approximation legend for placeholder. Good catch! They will be standard GMK legends.

Also good catch on the sizes. You’re correct! I have to type those in manually and must have missed a few! I’ve got an update coming soon so I’ll make sure they get fixed!

Awesome! Does GMK have a set of Hiragana and that's what will be used or will those be custom? Sorry for the questions but I am interested in keycap designing and this set has really inspired me.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 15:48:31 »

Awesome! Does GMK have a set of Hiragana and that's what will be used or will those be custom? Sorry for the questions but I am interested in keycap designing and this set has really inspired me.

They have a set, yeah. This set will utilize the same sublegends as Serika, which differ slightly. The only custom shots would be the novelties :)

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 06:58:11 »
So any word on an ortho/ergo kit?

The clear big brain play here would be to get Kaiju and one of those EVa inspired kits and put them on opposite sides of a split keyboard.
All memes aside, this set looks incredible and I really hope it hits MOQ.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2019, 07:01:20 by mr.squishy »

Offline poolside

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 11:06:40 »
More

They have a set, yeah. This set will utilize the same sublegends as Serika, which differ slightly. The only custom shots would be the novelties :)

Good thing that you are going with the "complete" Serika-style hiragana sublegends.

I don't always like hiragana sublegends, but I am putting this set on my list.
The novelties are a great match to the base set. No novelties, no Kaiju  :thumb:

Offline harlekein

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 11:09:51 »
Any chance on a Hiragana monolegend kit? I'd be in for that.

Offline Hueeeeeeeee

• Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 15:48:09 »
Literally have been dreaming of this colorway forever and it's got hiragana sub-legends! You know exactly what I like, I wanna see this next to my GMK Bento. :D

Give me a exclamation point RAMA Artisan or...

and this would be my endgame.

What a time to be alive a keyboard enthusiast.

Offline ella_zhoujx

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 22:16:17 »
Literally have been dreaming of this colorway forever and it's got hiragana sub-legends! You know exactly what I like, I wanna see this next to my GMK Bento. :D

Give me a exclamation point RAMA Artisan or...
Show Image

and this would be my endgame.

What a time to be alive a keyboard enthusiast.

Totally agree with you. :thumb: Will save my money for all sets and RAMA Artisan.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 00:39:18 »
yezzzz drool

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 16:05:07 »
Is there a planned date for this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk