Author Topic: [IC] KBM Nekoccino  (Read 23305 times)

Offline CaptainSterling

[IC] KBM Nekoccino
« on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 21:42:26 »
285321-0
Hello Everyone

Today, I'd like to introduce you to my design KBM Nekoccino! As a coffee and keyboard enthusiast, I really wanted a way to bring the vibe of my daily coffee routine into an experience we can share with keyboards as well.
 The morning sun pouring into my window as I dial in that perfect shot of espresso. My cat rubbing against my leg as I take that first sip to jumpstart my day. 
That’s what this set is all about. A love for keyboards, coffee, and cats. ☕️

Inspiration

The colors and design for this set are based on the art on top of a cappuccino, as well as the colors of a well extracted Espresso. The orange, brown, and cream tones found throughout this perfectly balanced treat.
285334-1
285338-2

IC FORM LINK

Kitting

We want this set to be sold in-stock and as an all-in-one kit, however due to some changes through the months we will most likely move towards a GB/Pre-Order Period. To appeal to as many people as possible, we aimed to include support for the following layouts: ergo, Alice/Arisu, and 60% to fullsize layouts, both WK and WKL. Also, after reveiwing samples colors have been adjusted and we are also shifting to use KBM's new original icons designed by expert MVKB.
298935-3
298937-4
298939-5

Renders
298941-6
Nekoccino on Dalco Mini WKL
298943-7
Close up of new Icons by MVKB on the U-80
298945-8
Render of Nekoccino by Peach_keys on the Work One
289419-9
1U Keybee artisan Rendered by Beesley
289424-10
1U Hibi Artisan Rendered by Hibi
298955-11
Cat Cafe by Starolyz
298957-12
Neko Coffee Co Mocha Deskmat by Input Universe
298959-13
Neko Coffee Co Cream Deskmat by Input Universe

Photos
298953-14
Photo of First sample of Nekoccino
colors weren't where they needed to be so we went back to the drawing board. Since then we have changed the mods to the new KBM original icons, changed the alpha pantone to 7412 C, and the accent color to  RAAL 9001. We're excited to see these adjustments and should have new samples sent to us around May 11th. Stay tuned for more images once we have them!
298947-15
298949-16
298951-17
Hibi x Nekoccino Espresso Tamper

To-Do

We're just awaiting new R2 samples now. Once all of these are approved we should be moving forward with pre-order/GB! I appreciate all of the support these past few months from everyone. It truly means so much to me!

Collabs (more to come)

Hibi- 1U + 2 announcements soon
Keybee- 1U + 1 announcement soon
Aumipon- Artisan
Yu.keys- Artisan
Kewpie.keys-  Artisan
tulipclay- Artisan
RNCables- Artisan + Cable Preorder
it_cap- Artisan
thekeycat- Artisan

Credits

Thank you to Ashkeebs for helping bring this set to life. Thanks to the KBM team for truly caring about this project and putting in so much effort to ensure it is perfect. Another special thanks to Coolbeannghi for helping come up with novelties to really capture the essence of this set! Special thanks to @peach_keys, @avinashkunjamboo, and @mvkb for the renders you're all so incredible.

Vendors

US- Otakeebs
CA- Ashkeebs
UK- Protozoa Studio
EU- CandyKeys
OCE- ALLCAPS
SEA- Zion Studios

Manu has been changed to KBM

In Conclusion

Thank for stopping by and taking the time to check out my set! I really appreciate it! As we get results from the form I will update the collaborators section. I have confirmed regional vendors.

Socials

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 May 2023, 14:22:03 by CaptainSterling »

Offline chat and team

Re: [IC] PBT Nekoccino
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 21:49:04 »
So using "neko" to milk weebs? Yikes

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 22:21:17 »
So you already have vendors, but images do not load on your post?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 23:15:38 »
L Shift and R Shift are icons in renders, despite the set having text modifiers.

Offline kevinave

• keebing it cool
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 23:55:54 »
Missed the opportunity to call it cappurrccino.
Personally, I'm more fond of ameowricanos in the morning.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 01:34:30 »
I love the novelties and the in-stock plans but the colours + theme make it look like a less appealing GMK Tiramisu to me, if you switched the accent and alpha colours. Being almost entirely reverse dyesub(?) is not ideal either IMO. So I’d play around with the colours some more.

My favorite all-in-one kit is probably NicePBT Noel. Fits near everything, even my Ergodox. Maybe too big though...
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 07:56:11 »
Novs looks a lot like GMK tiramisus. Also you can just put the images in your post instead of linking to Imgur…

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 09:17:47 »
I'm not a fan of the orange tint on the alphas, and it feels like a lot of similar sets have already been made between GMK Cafe, Tiramisu, MW Barista, etc. Regardless the issue that stands out the most is the presentation of this IC, I recommend quoting other ICs and seeing how they have set up their bbcode here on GH.

Offline andromache

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 09:55:32 »
Agree that novelties look a lot like Tiramisu, as well as the colorway being reminiscent of it (basically just swapped alpha and accent colors).

We all want to see more in-stock sets, but I feel like this isn't interesting or unique enough.

Offline WOWCREATIVE

• wowcreativewowcreativewowcreativewowcreativewowcre
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 10:22:10 »
I see everyone is comparing this to another keycap set 'tiramisu'. I truly believe those people are having a stroke. The only thing I find similar between these two is the brown, and even then its 2 different browns. I mean comparing two different keycaps and two different artist. Really? Both are beautifully executed. I love love love the novelty caps on this Nekoccino. Maybe the name could be a little more creative, but I know that can be difficult especially when alot of great names are taken, but overall, I love this set. I may buy it for my husband whenever it does come out! The layered browns really remind me of a coffee before mixing the creamer and coffee together. And I assume the cream white caps is to represent the foam? Love that! Please let me know when this drops!
:) (:

Offline deepspacerailgun

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 10:59:19 »
Probably not in unless there's any chance of 40's support or a deskmat. Love it otherwise.

glwic
- with love ❤️

Offline peacat

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 12:07:19 »
Nekoccino when you could have called it Nyappuccino? For shame. Jokes aside, I really like this set. As someone who went in on Tiramisu and plans to get MW Barista as well, I think this set clearly distinguishes itself from both of those. The alphas look just like a cappuccino compared to the more muted latte tones of the other two sets. I do however agree with other comments that the novelties are a little similar to Tiramisu's, and honestly I don't see myself using them because I don't like how angry most of them look haha. The colors in the kitting renders are also a little odd, the brown on the novelties is very different right next to the brown on the numpad mods. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this set either way!

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 13:25:23 »
I see everyone is comparing this to another keycap set 'tiramisu'. I truly believe those people are having a stroke. The only thing I find similar between these two is the brown, and even then its 2 different browns. I mean comparing two different keycaps and two different artist. Really? Both are beautifully executed. I love love love the novelty caps on this Nekoccino.

I don’t think you have to be having a stroke to make the comparison... similar colours used and the novelties are more or less the same theme. Here’s a (half-accurate) example.

I’m a big fan of the novelties. Like them more than Tiramisu, even. But seeing as these are (I think) the only cat/cafe themed keysets, using more unique colours would be a nice way to set them apart without having people compare them.

I'm not a fan of the orange tint on the alphas

Also yeah, makes it a little hard to pair this set with a board.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 14:28:26 »

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 10:40:46 »
Probably not in unless there's any chance of 40's support or a deskmat. Love it otherwise.

glwic
- with love ❤️

Be sure to put that in the google form and I'll do my best to add these for you!

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 10:48:55 »
I see everyone is comparing this to another keycap set 'tiramisu'. I truly believe those people are having a stroke. The only thing I find similar between these two is the brown, and even then its 2 different browns. I mean comparing two different keycaps and two different artist. Really? Both are beautifully executed. I love love love the novelty caps on this Nekoccino.

I don’t think you have to be having a stroke to make the comparison... similar colours used and the novelties are more or less the same theme. Here’s a (half-accurate) example.

Show Image

I’m a big fan of the novelties. Like them more than Tiramisu, even. But seeing as these are (I think) the only cat/cafe themed keysets, using more unique colours would be a nice way to set them apart without having people compare them.

I'm not a fan of the orange tint on the alphas

Also yeah, makes it a little hard to pair this set with a board.

I can see where there are similarities, however with my set being more saturated in orange (and orange being the alpha colors) I believe it is bold enough to be different. Unfortunately since there are only so many colors that can be used it is always going to be a thing we will have to deal with when designing new sets. CREATE MORE COLORS SCIENTISTSSSS!!!!

I do feel that my novelty designs are different enough and on theme with my set. I am glad you like them as well, coolbeannghi did an amazing job.

I also think this set will pair nicely with a white/cream board. I have also done renders on black and it also suits it well. I will be adding those once I update the legends and kitting with the recommendations made on the google form.

I am also sorry you aren't a fan of the alphas. I just wanted to accurately represent my inspiration for the set so this is the route I went with. Feedback has been overall supportive so far. I also appreciate your feedback as well. I think it would be worth doing, in your demonstration above to align the colors in the correct order as well to show how each set is using different colors for Alphas/Mods/Accents. Other than that I am doing my best to make my set much more saturated with coffee colors compared to other sets such as tiramisu and cafe.

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 10:49:57 »
Missed the opportunity to call it cappurrccino.
Personally, I'm more fond of ameowricanos in the morning.

ooooooooh cappurrccino is SSSSSOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 10:51:17 »
Novs looks a lot like GMK tiramisus. Also you can just put the images in your post instead of linking to Imgur…

Yeah sorry I'm very new to geekhack so I was confused at first. I got it now I think!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 12:52:00 »
i dunno man, tabbing between the two and aside from them both being a brown theme and aside from that one novelty (maybe) they seem pretty freakin different to me ...
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline LumiP

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 13:23:40 »
Maybe a similar theme to tiramisu, but different spirit in the execution. I think that it's separate enough, although comparisons can be made.

I'm not sure if I want to pick this up or not (I went in on SA Espresso), but it's cute and I can see why people would be into it. GLWIC!
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 17:54:42 »
this is way too cute
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 17:55:18 »
Submitted IC form --

Feedback on

- 1.5u Backspace: choose between icon-only <---- arrow or "Backspace" text-only legend. I don't think there's space for both icon and text that makes it look good.
- 1800 layout support is missing (Del / End / Pg Dn)
- Caps Lock two-liner legend for stepped Caps Lock - I think it's more consistent and looks better when paired with icon-text (OG Cherry ANSI) modifier style keysets.

Re: Novelties--

- would prefer if 2x of the same novelty is ensured for 1.5u and 1u sizes (for symmetry on HHKB, WKL, 7u TKL bottom row, etc.)

Offline superjackie

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 April 2022, 13:29:17 »
Looks great!! GB when

Offline irithyll

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 28 April 2022, 14:10:26 »
Coffee, cats, and keycaps. How can I not be interested when it's a combination of everything I like!

Offline MKUltraCorp

• MKUltra Corporation
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 18:06:32 »
By "ergo" do you mean proper Ergodox compatibility or do you mean throw an extra B in and call it ergo like Blurple did?

Offline Ragatode

• Doctor and keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 20:06:49 »
Love the warm tan colour of the alphas. Sign me up!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 23:57:05 »
Have you chosen/set on the manufacturer yet?
I think you can revise kitting/etc. from there once you have finalised on which manufacturer of your choice.

Good luck!

Offline Petan65

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 08:47:19 »
These novelties are great :)) its possible to have two variants, one where is white/creamy one insted of orange?

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 12:47:37 »
colors are a bit too vibrant for me but i agree that it seems almost as if it's just using the word "neko" to kidnap weebs into getting the set, with novelties i would get though

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:07:37 »
Vendors have been locked in! We have listened to feedback and have began updating the kitting as well as added ISO support and novelty design (see renders to see new design). We are also working on contacting collaborators based on IC form feedback! Thank you to everyone for your support so far. It means alot to me! More renders coming soon. We are also ordering a sample from manu soon so we should have photos of the real deal before too long.

Offline andromache

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:26:38 »
Has the manufacturer been determined yet?

Offline TheChosenFox

Re: [IC] KBM Nekoccino
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 17:12:36 »
Hello i just wanted to asked if these are cherry profile keycaps, i want to use these on my akko mod 007v2, and i have heard there might be interference with said profile. Love those keycaps! And thank you for answer, i am still new to custom keyboards.

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 12:04:11 »
Manufacturer has been confirmed to be KBM (Keybee Manufacturing)
Collabs have been confirmed
Kitting has been updated
More renders have been added
Vendors have been confirmed
Samples have been ordered for color matching (if all is good I will have photos in the coming weeks)

Love you all and thank you for the support!

Offline Deadline.Studio

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 01:13:30 »
looks great

Offline catfromonomichi

• cat-from-onomichi
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 08:08:50 »
Coffee Keycaps I'm in for sure

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 19:09:40 »
Very cute novelties and artisans. This would look great on that one gmk cafe deskmat. Really cute.

Offline kevvinn

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 08:44:14 »
That KeyBee artisan is adorable! I'm really enjoying the execution of this set :thumb: Was a big fan of Tiramisu and similar cozy sets, so this is right up my alley! GLWIC :D

Offline Wintea

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 19:28:04 »
I'm in love with the novelty design gosh!! Big fan of the cats <3

Offline lonewolf4

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 07:01:55 »
Hey, looking nice are you considering international kit?

Offline Flybeck

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 08:10:29 »
Great job cap. Super cool looking set!

Offline CaptainSterling

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 11 May 2023, 14:26:10 »
Hey Everyone! Updated the page with loads of new information! We have now got desk mat designs, first round of samples, and New text/icons thanks to MVKB and KBM. We should have the latest samples soon, or photos of them at least. We hope to have this officially moving very very soon! Stay tuned!

Offline TerraKeycaps

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 08:47:43 »
We would have loved to collaborate with you on a metal artisan keycap for this set!

If you want to make another please do reach out to us on discord: Luke!#8865

At least have a discussion with us on the value and quality we offer!  ;)