Author Topic: Why even drink water ?  (Read 6054 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Why even drink water ?
« on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 08:02:51 »
Watermelon , Superior Hydration, Vitamins +++

272355-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Why even drink water ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 08:33:47 »
I was just about to go brush my teeth, but I don't have any watermelon juice in the house   :mad:
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 08:37:56 »
Watermelon Juice is slightly acidic, Killz Germz.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 13:23:33 »
I don't like watermelon flavor so much, but still enjoy it's fruit form very occasionally cause it's fun to eat. Watermelon juice reminds me of used dishwater.

Nothing like the far superior guava.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 13:42:37 »
I don't like watermelon flavor so much, but still enjoy it's fruit form very occasionally cause it's fun to eat. Watermelon juice reminds me of used dishwater.

Nothing like the far superior guava.

Take any fruit that's not fresh, it tastes like dishwater.

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 01:39:46 »
i'd say water does not contain sugar, making it better for someone like me that drink a few liters of it every day and is overweight already, and it also is cheaper but watermelon is nice yes, even keeps itself under ambient temperatures with no electricity
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 01:50:55 »
I thought Americans drank Brawndo.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 03:44:24 »
I thought Americans drank Brawndo.

Its got electrolytes.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 03:45:39 »
I don't understand why anyone drinks water. It's always baffled me that on every single desk I encounter, there's a bottle on it SPECIFICALLY for containing the stuff, so that people can keep drinking it all day long. Kinda revolting in a way.

I hate water. Why not just drink something that's tastier? Even if that is mostly water, it's better than just water alone. Water is for washing you socks in and fox fish to make love in. That **** shouldn't be for drinking.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline yui

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 06:50:34 »
Is your hatred of water is your secret for such a deep voice?

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 07:07:20 »
I love watermelons, one of my favourite fruits.

Only water I can drink is sparkling, I dont like the flavor of still water. Slighty sparkling is best, Pepsi is bestest :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 07:13:26 »
When I was a kid I used to eat almost the whole thing. My parents rarely let me get a watermelon. Like it was never a couple days in a row. :D
I would eat until I got a tummy ache, then I'd run to the bathroom to pee every 30 minutes.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 07:28:30 »

Only water I can drink is sparkling, I dont like the flavor of still water. Slighty sparkling is best, Pepsi is bestest :D
Just.... you are so wrong xD .

Is your hatred of water is your secret for such a deep voice?
Hmmm, never thought of that! 8)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 08:52:25 »

Why am I wrong? :p
And please explain it in imperial units xD
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 08:59:10 »

Sparkly water is water, ruined. It just makes it so much worse! Just gives it that nasty acidity without anything to balance it, and the bubbles are really harsh in carbonated water. I may not like normal water but at least I can actually drink it. Sparkly water feels like it doesn't want to be drunk.

Also, Pepsi is not as good as Coke. Too sugary-tasting, and more synthetic as well. Coke still tastes vaguely natural somewhere; like really really heavily sweetened tea or something. Pepsi tastes like thinned, synthetic molasses.

Or, in Imperial units; "I done got me 157 dead gooks killed, and 50 water buffalos too, them are all certified."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 09:39:01 »

Sparkly water feels like it doesn't want to be drunk.

It is funny, I love carbonated drinks, but when my daughter was about 2 or 3 years old, we were out somewhere and people were drinking soft drinks. She wanted to taste Sprite so we gave her a glass. She took a sip, made a face, and started sticking her tongue out and going "ugh ugh"

We asked what was the matter and she said "it makes my mouth feel .... so .... so .... sprite" and she has never liked carbonated drinks since. Not soft drinks, sparkling water, not beer, none of them. In college, she spent a summer in France and her 3-4 main companions all liked champagne so she drank that fairly often with them, and tolerated it, but still didn't like the carbonation.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 13:09:06 »

Sparkly water is water, ruined. It just makes it so much worse! Just gives it that nasty acidity without anything to balance it, and the bubbles are really harsh in carbonated water. I may not like normal water but at least I can actually drink it. Sparkly water feels like it doesn't want to be drunk.

Also, Pepsi is not as good as Coke. Too sugary-tasting, and more synthetic as well. Coke still tastes vaguely natural somewhere; like really really heavily sweetened tea or something. Pepsi tastes like thinned, synthetic molasses.

Or, in Imperial units; "I done got me 157 dead gooks killed, and 50 water buffalos too, them are all certified."

You're crazy, I love me some La Croix

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 13:19:32 »
Knows a person who drinks flat pepsi,  they open the can, wait till it goes flat in the fridge, then drinks it..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 15:06:28 »

You're crazy, I love me some La Croix
That looks like it's FLAVOURED sparkling water. That's not the same thing at all.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 21:55:06 »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 21:40:57 »
Watermelon , Superior Hydration, Vitamins +++

(Attachment Link)

That oasis hydro stuff they give you in grade school is nasty, no thank you

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 15:58:11 »
it's a fruit. i am not good with fruits.
i.e i wish it were 5 fruits a year rather than 5 a day.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 16:13:29 »

i am not good with fruits.

How can this be? There is a tremendous amount of bad fruit out there, and almost anything sitting in a store was picked far too early, but a perfectly ripe piece of fruit is exquisite.

Even a fruit that I usually don't "like" in a less-than-perfect state of ripeness can still be amazing on that one day when it is at its peak.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 05:33:12 »

i am not good with fruits.

How can this be? There is a tremendous amount of bad fruit out there, and almost anything sitting in a store was picked far too early, but a perfectly ripe piece of fruit is exquisite.

Even a fruit that I usually don't "like" in a less-than-perfect state of ripeness can still be amazing on that one day when it is at its peak.
I don't really get it either. Fruits are much more accessible than things like vegetables IMO.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 16:00:04 »
Tp4 Recommends at least 1x 13inch watermelon per week per person for max heatlh.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 04:33:40 »
See, watermelon is one of the fruits I don't get all that much. It's so dilute that it tastes a bit weird to me. It's okay, I'll have it if it's offered, but I never understood the hype myself. I'm more of a berry and banana man myself.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 08:13:50 »

It's so dilute that it tastes a bit weird to me.

This is a good example. I feel certain that you have never had a truly good, ripe, rich, dark red, home-grown watermelon. The piece of fruit shown in the "thin" video below shows a worthless cut of light pink unripe fruit that would not be worth eating.

And, by the way, watermelon IS a berry.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 17:13:05 »

This is a good example. I feel certain that you have never had a truly good, ripe, rich, dark red, home-grown watermelon. The piece of fruit shown in the "thin" video below shows a worthless cut of light pink unripe fruit that would not be worth eating.

Yeah OK, and banana is not a fruit :p . But you're probably right about ripe watermelons!

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 15:57:08 »

I second this. Here in Brazil we get plenty opportunity to eat family-business-grown fruits and it's the best thing ever. Watermelon is one of my favourites no questions.

Only thing I don't have access to are those japanese cubic watermelons which I am dying to taste.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 16:09:54 »

I second this. Here in Brazil we get plenty opportunity to eat family-business-grown fruits and it's the best thing ever. Watermelon is one of my favourites no questions.

Only thing I don't have access to are those japanese cubic watermelons which I am dying to taste.

The cube watermelons are sour and inedible. they're decorative only.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 16:26:51 »

My life is a lie
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline nuuw

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 16:43:32 »
water is my favourite juice

Offline yui

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 01:38:24 »

My life is a lie
from what i have read and seen those are normal watermelons grown in boxes, it was meant to cut down on transport because cubes fit nicer than spheres in a truck, but the production is much harder (so expensive) and they are often still green inside when harvested, so yeah nice decoration but i would not recommend importing one to Brazil to taste :)

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 02:40:15 »

My life is a lie
from what i have read and seen those are normal watermelons grown in boxes, it was meant to cut down on transport because cubes fit nicer than spheres in a truck, but the production is much harder (so expensive) and they are often still green inside when harvested, so yeah nice decoration but i would not recommend importing one to Brazil to taste :)

So these watermelon are basically minecraft blocks that taste bad. Goddamnit. I was hoping they tasted delicious

Offline funkmon

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:02:50 »

A **** sandwich is still a **** sandwich, fohat. Accept it. Watermelon is a poor fruit.

Also, I don't have any problems with water, I drink water frequently when I'm thirsty, of course, but I don't get this obsession with carrying around water or using water bottles. If you're going to drink water, get it out of the tap like a normal person.

And another thing. We have diet pop. Diet pop is water but with flavour and texture and ****. It's perfectly fine for you and doesn't even kill your teeth. And it's 71 cents for a ****ing two liter here. Why not just go all in on diet pop?!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 21:33:03 »

I feel certain that you have never had a truly good, ripe, rich, dark red, home-grown watermelon.

We have diet pop

It's perfectly fine for you

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-and-gut-bacteria
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline funkmon

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 05:47:26 »
Barely an issue

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 08:12:29 »

A **** sandwich is still a **** sandwich

I don't have any experience with **** sandwiches, but

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/fruits-that-keep-ripening/
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 20:47:30 »

A **** sandwich is still a **** sandwich

I don't have any experience with **** sandwiches, but

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/fruits-that-keep-ripening/

Chipped beef on toast?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 08:09:57 »
LOVE  chipped beef on toast, it is one of my favorite breakfasts.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 08:31:31 »
You'd want to avoid 'murica beef, 90% of our herd is not tested for mad cow unlike england.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 12:04:28 »
You'd want to avoid 'murica beef, 90% of our herd is not tested for mad cow unlike england.

You still have mad cow? Oo

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 13:44:35 »

You still have mad cow? Oo

We dun' know, they refuse to test our cows. /regulatory capture.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 10:58:29 »
Coconut water? has electrolyte  that give you Energy
I don't like the flavored drinks or carbonation , would much rather have wine than beer (Yes I am underage) because beer tastes too ... starchy? and the foam/bubbles is annoying
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!