Author Topic: Cherry MX White Switch review  (Read 6109 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Cherry MX White Switch review
« on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 09:22:39 »
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline UnFocused

Re: Cherry MX White Switch review
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 22:17:08 »
Have you considered doing a review of current MX blacks vs vintage ones as found in something like a 1980's Wyse terminal keyboard?

After using MX blues for a few years, MX clears for about 6 months, briefly using MX browns and reds, vintage MX blacks have become the only Cherry switch I care about. I absolutely love these switches.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 05:06:57 »
Have you considered doing a review of current MX blacks vs vintage ones as found in something like a 1980's Wyse terminal keyboard?

After using MX blues for a few years, MX clears for about 6 months, briefly using MX browns and reds, vintage MX blacks have become the only Cherry switch I care about. I absolutely love these switches.

I'd love to eventually but i'd need to get my hands on a board with Vintage blacks first and use it for awhile by comparison.  Might be something good to look for on Ebay one day next time i have the funds to go on a spending spree.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline UnFocused

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 07:50:30 »

I'd love to eventually but i'd need to get my hands on a board with Vintage blacks first and use it for awhile by comparison.  Might be something good to look for on Ebay one day next time i have the funds to go on a spending spree.

Many of the Wyse boards on eBay are overpriced, but there are some good finds every now and then. I bought one recently without a case for $14 something. It had a 1986 date code on the board so I knew it was full of vintage switches and not a mix as tends to happen as you get into the 90s. I built a Phantom with its switches.

Offline dante

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 07:54:30 »
This will sound crazy - and maybe I've only had good luck but if you are out there in the wild (goodwill, etc...) and you spot a tte meka G1 give it a try because it had seriously smooth mx blacks for a modern board.  I've tried 3 different copies and always smooth.  Not even the WASD V1 which was a clone of it felt as smooth for some reason.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 17:24:19 »
This will sound crazy - and maybe I've only had good luck but if you are out there in the wild (goodwill, etc...) and you spot a tte meka G1 give it a try because it had seriously smooth mx blacks for a modern board.  I've tried 3 different copies and always smooth.  Not even the WASD V1 which was a clone of it felt as smooth for some reason.

Most Thrift stores like those near us if you are lucky have Dell QuietKey Rubberdomes.  The few who spot mech boards worth a damn put them in cases and charge near new.  IE a local thrift store had a Das board for $100.
Current Daily Driver/s