Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 168065 times)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Final Kitting!
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 17:56:02 »
Did I miss something, or Cyrillic is out of consideration now?

Offline krikun98

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:17:07 »
Still in the first post, товарищ.

As far as I understand, dual-language alphas are not Glow-in-the-Dark, though. OP, could you correct me here, please?

Edit: on second thought, not sure. The renders have the Hangul (I think) kit with both languages glowing. If so, the set is even more awesome.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:18:46 by krikun98 »

Offline krikun98

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:21:57 »
Also, how would you feel about changing "Просыпайся..." on the spacebar to "Проснись..."?
This is a more imperative form that would be more appropriate, and it was used in the Russian translation of the Matrix.

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:22:11 »

As far as I understand, dual-language alphas are not Glow-in-the-Dark, though. OP, could you correct me here, please?

Edit: on second thought, not sure. The renders have the Hangul (I think) kit with both languages glowing. If so, the set is even more awesome.
From what I've talked with Papi, everything is made out of GiD plastic, and the green should glow "bright" and the puple glow a bit less

Offline krikun98

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:24:13 »

From what I've talked with Papi, everything is made out of GiD plastic, and the green should glow "bright" and the puple glow a bit less

I thought that was only for the modifiers. Also, isn't it reverse dye sublimation with a GiD dye? The first post has a sample like that.

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 18:56:23 »

I thought that was only for the modifiers. Also, isn't it reverse dye sublimation with a GiD dye? The first post has a sample like that.

No the keycap itself is GID plastic I think but wait for Papi to confirm.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 20:18:10 »
I've made a Discord come join for more frequent announcments and fun: https://discord.gg/9sVv97K

Definite date coming as soon as i get one just waiting on my quote for keyreative but I'm aiming straight for the first week of august on or around the 6th (:

Some more renders this time on the SP-111 Designed by the awesome BlindAssassin111
241291-0
241293-1
241295-2

Also excited to announce there will be Artisan Collaborations with: ArtKey, frumpzkeys, Latrailum (KAT R4) & GoldenStar Keycaps got more artisan anouncments to come and i'm working with some awesome makers to to hopefull bring you guys more stuff soon.

Didn't see all those Cyrillic comments it's deffinitelty still on the cards, and I'll check out that translation I'm actually seeking a native russian speaker to help me with the translations to ensure everythings perfect if theres anyone in here open to helping? To clear up confusion i'm working up some renders to show off how each key will glow.
They will all be made of GiD plastic untill i receive samples i can't be certain but from the testing i have done and my understanding. fully charged the areas of glow should be: White (Raw GiD plastic) 100%, Green 60/80%, Purple 30/50% I have requested early samples and will have pictures the second they're in my hands i've set up a charging rig and I'm more than excited for this.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 20:25:30 by Papithered »

Offline krikun98

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 20:53:55 »
Hello there, native Russian speaker two months away from my translator's diploma.
Ready to help, I'll join the Discord.

Offline IlyiaZakira

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 23:07:01 »
Any chance of any sort of 1.5u keycaps for R5 esc/del? I have a heavily modded vortex race 3 that I absolutely would kill to put this on but it's really hard to find keycap sets with the nonstandard esc and del keys. Anything tbh - an icon modifier if not text.

I also wouldn't complain if there was a render of this set on the race 3 haha.

Either way, sick set, i'm in for more kits than I should be lol.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 08:45:43 »
I've made a Discord come join for more frequent announcments and fun: https://discord.gg/9sVv97K

Definite date coming as soon as i get one just waiting on my quote for keyreative but I'm aiming straight for the first week of august on or around the 6th (:

Some more renders this time on the SP-111 Designed by the awesome BlindAssassin111
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Also excited to announce there will be Artisan Collaborations with: ArtKey, frumpzkeys, Latrailum (KAT R4) & GoldenStar Keycaps got more artisan anouncments to come and i'm working with some awesome makers to to hopefull bring you guys more stuff soon.

Didn't see all those Cyrillic comments it's deffinitelty still on the cards, and I'll check out that translation I'm actually seeking a native russian speaker to help me with the translations to ensure everythings perfect if theres anyone in here open to helping? To clear up confusion i'm working up some renders to show off how each key will glow.
They will all be made of GiD plastic untill i receive samples i can't be certain but from the testing i have done and my understanding. fully charged the areas of glow should be: White (Raw GiD plastic) 100%, Green 60/80%, Purple 30/50% I have requested early samples and will have pictures the second they're in my hands i've set up a charging rig and I'm more than excited for this.

Dope.  I've got an SP-111 PCB (only) coming and was planning on using this set on that..provided Blind Assassin111 releases the case files

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 05:26:49 »
Now my new board is finally together, I am so ready for this!

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 06:57:35 »
Now my new board is finally together, I am so ready for this!
Hope you're still ready in january when it arrives!  ;D

Offline bobdenard

[IC] KAT Cyberspace - Final Kitting!
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 11:59:18 »
Love this set, but really sad there’s not French kit like Kat Milkshake, Oasis, Atlantis etc.

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:01:50 »
Love this set, but really sad there’s not French kit like Kat Milkshake, Oasis, Atlantis etc.

Isn't the keys you need in the International Kit?

Offline radam

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:20:07 »
Is there any difference between the 2u in the ergo kit and the 2u in the spacebar kit?

Offline andr01d

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 20:30:43 »
Def gonna pick up a set for my TKL, but any chance on a buckling spring keycap?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 21:03:10 »
FYI, you still have a typo on the R2 PgDn key in the Text Mods kit render :)

Have you considered doing North and South kits instead of a combined Intl kit? They offer more flexibility and support more international layouts overall. See how KAT Hyperfuse did it. You can probably copy those kits verbatim.

Also, how would you feel about changing "Просыпайся..." on the spacebar to "Проснись..."?
This is a more imperative form that would be more appropriate, and it was used in the Russian translation of the Matrix.
+1 for changing it to “Проснись...”. It's not that it's more imperative, more so that “Просыпайся...” is the imperfective form. That's analogous to writing “Continuously wake up...” or “Keep waking up...” on the English spacebar.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 21:10:30 by konstantin »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:53:59 »
FYI, you still have a typo on the R2 PgDn key in the Text Mods kit render :)
Show Image

Have you considered doing North and South kits instead of a combined Intl kit? They offer more flexibility and support more international layouts overall. See how KAT Hyperfuse did it. You can probably copy those kits verbatim.

+1 for changing it to “Проснись...”. It's not that it's more imperative, more so that “Просыпайся...” is the imperfective form. That's analogous to writing “Continuously wake up...” or “Keep waking up...” on the English spacebar.

I did consider breaking up the international kit, or doing north south french to start with but I'm happy with the 20 kits i have listed now uk iso I think is the only exeption i've made and I'll be honest selfishly because i'm british. And a massive thank you to Krikun for his help correcting the translations. I hope to find time in the next day or so to update the templates on the page (and that PhUp aha thank you)

Offline Longmeat

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:35:56 »
The desk mat is in Korean, but there are Japanese subs.. if the desk mat could match the keycap subs that would be nice..

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:54:49 »
The desk mat is in Korean, but there are Japanese subs.. if the desk mat could match the keycap subs that would be nice..

The mat will come in Korean/Japanese I'm not doing a cyrillic version for multiple reasons the main one being demand. Hangul/Katakana/Hiragana all have 4/5 times as much interest as cyrillic, I'm not removing the alpha set but there's not as much demand to warrent the extras.

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 04:51:33 »

Isn't the keys you need in the International Kit?
Nope. I don’t know what languages the Intl kit covers exactly but it doesn’t cover French AZERTY. Compare it to French kits from other sets.

Offline mrbiin

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 05:28:19 »
Hi realize I'm a bit late, but there are two caps missing in the international set to cover icelandic. These are available in other KAT sets (e.g. KAT Arctic) in the "North" sets. The missing caps are "Ö" R4 and "̃" R1.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #272 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 06:31:56 »
I've decided to revise the kitting one last time, to include North/South/French that along with the Cyrillic updates will be the final kitting adjustments made (: I hope that covers enough country layouts to keep everyone happy unless i'm missing even more?

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #273 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 07:28:46 »
Oh man, the glitch CYBER alphas are a sweet touch

Offline econeuler

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 12:25:52 »
This looks really nice!

I saw in the comments that some people wanted other deskmats, I remember that Zapcables had a "cyberspace" deskmat, similar to the one you are presenting.
Maybe they could produce some more for a potential GB? Here is a link to their mat: https://zapcables.com/zap-mats-cyberscape/

Offline bigern302

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:33:24 »
Forgive me if i missed it, but i believe there to be an error in the Cyrillic legend.  Comma should be shared with Б(CAPS) б (lower), and period should be shared with ю.  Seems you have щ assigned twice.  Im new to the hobby and just beginning learning Russian, so if I'm incorrect, please disregard. 

Hopefully, this is helpful. 

GLWGB!

Offline krikun98

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:36:12 »
Forgive me if i missed it, but i believe there to be an error in the Cyrillic legend.  Comma should be shared with Б(CAPS) б (lower), and period should be shared with ю.  Seems you have щ assigned twice.  Im new to the hobby and just beginning learning Russian, so if I'm incorrect, please disregard. 

Hopefully, this is helpful. 

GLWGB!

OP has fixed this already. He hasn't uploaded the updated renders yet.

Offline svenge

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 13:43:54 »
I'm not sure it's mentioned anywhere in the post- I understand these are glow-in-the-dark, are they made of PBT plastic like most KAT sets but with the phosphorescent compound mixed in?  Not ABS I assume?

Either way this seems like a possible trend setter...  Maybe even new technology developed on the manufacturing side for this to be possible.  I searched for previous glow sets and found GLOW SA but it looks like it never got to production.  Anybody else know of previous sets like this or expertise in GID plastics or just KAT manufacturing in general?

Pro tip:  Glow in the dark stuff (or any fluorescent materials) works REALLY WELL if you have any bright pure BLUE light sources.  I know blacklights/UV lights work great too but blue lights are even better in my experience.  I learned this from my days as an aspiring yoyo player... the best visibility for neon yellow yoyo string was in the blue light from some blue LED party bulbs i bought at home depot - it just pops the color like crazy, way brighter than UV.  And this was after I spent hours rigging my room with half a dozen 48" blacklight fixtures which are just extremely inefficient sources of UV light.  Try it yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 13:47:08 »
I'm not sure it's mentioned anywhere in the post- I understand these are glow-in-the-dark, are they made of PBT plastic like most KAT sets but with the phosphorescent compound mixed in?  Not ABS I assume?

Correct, this is PBT, not ABS, as dye sublimation isn't possible on ABS, and all KAT sets are PBT.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 14:05:51 »
Update added to the main post, Group buy Starting August 1st! Kitting and renders updated, still got North/South/French to add Thank you all so much for the support

Kit renders coming soon thanks to KingK <3

I'll leave you with this render on my personal endgame the tmov2 by Funderburker:
242287-0

Offline synthtastic

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Coming August 1st1
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 14:40:58 »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Coming August 1st
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 00:24:55 »
Beautiful tmo v2, what switches did you use on it. I'm so looking forward to this GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 06:11:21 »
Beautiful tmo v2, what switches did you use on it. I'm so looking forward to this GB!

I hope this means you think my render is real haha. I'm waiting on extras of the actual Tmov2 i'll be using silent alpacas in mine <3

Offline Doip

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:13:30 »
I love this set. Filled out the IC already, I know this is a tad off topic but what's the board in the 2nd render?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:18:08 »
I love this set. Filled out the IC already, I know this is a tad off topic but what's the board in the 2nd render?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98580.0 The Prime-E <3

Offline Doip

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:25:53 »

Sorry I must have missed a pic I meant this one

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:27:48 »

Show Image

Thats a Keyhive nightmare (:

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 18:20:31 »

Show Image

Link? Or is it another awesome old board that you can't find anymore?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 18:45:21 »
More

Show Image

https://keyhive.xyz/ It's a 3d printed DIY board it's rendered here in frosted acrylic.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 22:36:50 »
More

Show Image

https://keyhive.xyz/ It's a 3d printed DIY board it's rendered here in frosted acrylic.
Dammit, just checked the Liminal to see if it's the same as a nightmare, it isn't....Now I need a nightmare. Thanks for providing the link, nightmare....coming for you, & looking forward to your keyset [mention]Papithered [/mention]

Offline bobaboy

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 00:10:19 »
Awesome keycaps! Will there be a limit to how many sets we can buy? Looking to grab 2-3 sets as gifts.

Offline JustinUtherdude

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 16:13:35 »
This set looks pretty awesome. I might be in for a dayglow set and a cyrillic set. I know that this might have been asked before, but are the sub legends on the dual language keys also glow in the dark? I was also wondering if the glow in the dark keys are merely top charged, or if they will be shine-through, so that they can be lit up by backlighting from the keyboard? Thank you for your time.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 15:54:35 »

I hope this means you think my render is real haha. I'm waiting on extras of the actual Tmov2 i'll be using silent alpacas in mine <3
Nah, I'm serious. I believe I'll be using kailh speed silvers or the speed dark yellows, they are buttery smooth & my current favorite linear switches. Also, your nightmare 40s acrylic case is amazing, is it a one off or can refer me to the builder? So, I don't stay off topic, you can PM your response. Also, you have my word that I'm joining Cyberspace once GBs starts, it'll be at least 2 40s kits worth or more!

Offline w3djyt

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 15:59:10 »
Don't mind me just... drooling over this. This is so perfectly what I was looking for and I had no idea. A+ Can't wait for August.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 19:27:05 »
Don't mind me just... drooling over this. This is so perfectly what I was looking for and I had no idea. A+ Can't wait for August.
Same here!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 17:43:18 »
Some new renders on the amazing Whimsy by Prkns:

Check out the interest check for this board: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105358.0

Also hot off the presses from Rama:

-Gossip Girl

Clasic Rama X and O Colour matched to the Pantone Black 3C base with a GiD Enamil infil
excited to have the first Rama KAT X&O hope you guys like these as well i thought the glow spoke for it'self.

Hope everyones having an amazing weekend <3 please let me know what you think of the RAMA Cap.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2020, 18:00:07 by Papithered »

Offline sagho

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Aug 1st - Rama Cap!
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 18:12:47 »
The RAMA cap looks amazing!!!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Aug 1st - Rama Cap!
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 03:14:15 »
While someone far better than I figures out rendering Glow in the dark plastic with a degree of acuracy I've done my best to render what should be at least a more acurate view of how the caps will glow and i hope this clears up any questions you have about the GiD:

All caps are made of a Glow in the dark plastic base and Reverse dye sublimated with either one, or 3 dyes the off white areas of the legends represent the Raw uncharged Glow in the Dark plastic.

Board is the Prime-E by Prime Keyboards:

the first image shows the set compleately uncharged, the second displays what you would see when charging the caps from above.

Hope everyone has an awesome sunday <3

Offline JustinUtherdude

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 03:44:49 »
This set looks pretty awesome. I might be in for a dayglow set and a cyrillic set. I know that this might have been asked before, but are the sub legends on the dual language keys also glow in the dark? I was also wondering if the glow in the dark keys are merely top charged, or if they will be shine-through, so that they can be lit up by backlighting from the keyboard? Thank you for your time.

So to be clear, there is no shine through property with the default caps, and the only way to charge them is from above?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 10:38:06 »

So to be clear, there is no shine through property with the default caps, and the only way to charge them is from above?
It will be 1.1mm of PBT plastic they're not designed as shine through but you will be able to charge the underside of the cap with inboard leds, just that i wasn't trying to show that here.