Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 168024 times)

Offline Slayer77

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 12:44:43 »
Thanks for all the responses guys, I think I've nailed most of the Kits now, I'm still working on the novelties and the deskmat shown here so theyre just posted so you know the direction I'm heading.
While I continue to work on the Deskmats / Novelties and wait for the KAT Models to make some renders. I still have the ISO and international kits to do but I'd love to know what you guys think of where I'm at/heading. Thank you hope you're all having a safe weekend.

I've made an Interest check form if you're interested in picking up any of the kits please could fill it out thank you: https://forms.gle/BroUyTx1du2PzSPG8

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Add 6.25 and 7u spacebars to mod kit and remove from alphas maybe?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 13:26:05 »
This is amazing work! Thanks again for taking our feedback so well, and presenting us with lots of options! Keep up the great work!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 13:51:01 »
I think it would be better to keep kits in a way that you would place them on keyboard, the way these are shown right now is hard to catch what keycaps are in each kit and if there are some compability issues.

I think you're right! Back to illustrator. Thank you!

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 15:33:04 »
This is looking fantastic.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline swingkat

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 06:38:06 »
Loving how the set is shaping up and highly impressed at the attentiveness to feedback. With that, here's some more feedback. :)

The alpha 1 set is exactly what I was thinking for the alphas. I'd totally be down with that set.

For the text mods: I'm a fan of ditching the white text altogether and just use green text on black.

I'm wondering if others would want Purple and Green mods for tab/caps/shift/control/win/alt. Not sure I'd actually buy this but I'm wondering if people want the option. I'm fairly certain I'd still go green on black for the entire set with a few mods like the keyboard/escape/enter for alt colors.

Wondering if an all purple or all green space bar could be added to the space bar pack.

Not a fan of the hands on the desk mat.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 19:35:35 »
Monochromatic across the whole board feels too much, I tried that already and wasn't a fan. Thank you again every one for all your feedback still working on updating the sets and getting the deskmat finished (the hands were never staying on the deskmat, they're just part of a larger something I'm working on and showed I didn't just want to do a matrix failing rain mat while i work on that.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 23:35:46 »
The green on black/dark green color way looks SO much cleaner. Definitely interested in this now! That deskmat is also lovely (sans the hands.)

The weeb in me wishes it was hiragana haha.

Will probably cop!

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 05:36:33 »
The new revision looks very good, although I think that you guys need renders to properly show off the colors of the set.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 08:52:16 »
The new revision looks very good, although I think that you guys need renders to properly show off the colors of the set.

I just heard back from Keyreative with the KAT Models so I'll be working on renders today! thank you.

Offline FLFrostBite

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 15:09:47 »
This is pretty cool, and I'm digging the way that the deskmats and novelties look so far! Looking forward to seeing what else comes from this set. Great use of the colors.

Offline donan

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 15:40:55 »
ffs! i need this!

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 18:33:02 »
I like it. It reminds of this store in London from the late 90’s early 2000’s called Cyberdog. They’re still around (https://www.cyberdog.net/) and still sell the same cheesy clubbing gear.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 18:35:15 by CrazyNun »

Offline donan

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 19:37:10 »
I like it. It reminds of this store in London from the late 90’s early 2000’s called Cyberdog. They’re still around (https://www.cyberdog.net/) and still sell the same cheesy clubbing gear.

you've just introduced me into a whole new universe lol

Offline Louwii

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 19:42:25 »
This looks promising! Looking forward for some renders!

Offline wil

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 20:47:52 »
could you explain a bit more about the use of hangul as the sublegends? if it's just preferred due to function that's valid of course, but i do not understand it given the theme of the set. thanks.

Offline swingkat

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 23:00:47 »
Love the new revisions. The new 2nd to last pic in the main post is mint. That is going to be my set if this happens. I love the all green on black with purple/green accents. :claps:

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 23:31:45 »

and me! Thank you CrazyNun!
could you explain a bit more about the use of hangul as the sublegends? if it's just preferred due to function that's valid of course, but i do not understand it given the theme of the set. thanks.
Mainly Personal choice, and because I couldn't find a KAT set being produced that supported Hangul but maybe I'm wrong. Initially the Hangul sublegends were there to serve as a template while I mocked up the other requested languages, and as my understanding of KAT MOQ works it wouldn't hurt to add Katakana and Cyrillic as well, it's why I left room in the IC form to write in the kits you wanted to see made that i hadn't already.

Also thank you everyone for your support I'm so happy you guys like what I'm making I've been talking to Keyreative and they've mentioned Glow in the Dark printing so I'm going to play around with that idea a little more as well. Still working on getting renders done. I'm a little out of my depth but I have the files and I'm learning. If anyone has any recomendations of anyone that can take commisions on rendering for KAT I'd love to work with them. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 23:34:44 by Papithered »

Offline wil

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 00:24:49 »
Mainly Personal choice, and because I couldn't find a KAT set being produced that supported Hangul but maybe I'm wrong. Initially the Hangul sublegends were there to serve as a template while I mocked up the other requested languages, and as my understanding of KAT MOQ works it wouldn't hurt to add Katakana and Cyrillic as well, it's why I left room in the IC form to write in the kits you wanted to see made that i hadn't already.

missed the IC form, thanks for pointing out there is one. i would absolutely love multiple languages and hope enough people fill out the IC support and request hiragana, katakana and cyrillic since there's no harm indeed due to KAT MOQ's flexibility. i'd really like japanese sublegends with my laughing man novelties.

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 00:41:36 »
Ooh, glow in the dark printing?! This set is getting more interesting by the day.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 03:49:29 »

Heh, it’s a pretty unique store/clothing concept.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 18:06:16 »
Mainly Personal choice, and because I couldn't find a KAT set being produced that supported Hangul but maybe I'm wrong.

KAT Atlantis is running now and has a Hangul-only kit.  I haven't seen a KAT set with a dual-legend Hangul kit, though.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 18:30:42 »
Hiragana sublegends or mono-legends would be amazing on this. Also,+1 on the glow in the dark dye!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 19:02:31 »
Hiragana sublegends or mono-legends would be amazing on this. Also,+1 on the glow in the dark dye!

Hiragana over Katakana? I don’t speak Japanese but I have already done the Katakana set (preparing an updated post for tomorrow hopefully)

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 21:00:14 »
Oooh really liking the lighter green color. Not sure how I feel about the rest of the set though.

Offline wil

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 18:26:23 »

Hiragana over Katakana? I don’t speak Japanese but I have already done the Katakana set (preparing an updated post for tomorrow hopefully)

you might do a poll but i'd always prefer hiragana over katakana, as it's the default kana, the one used generally.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 20:29:43 »

you might do a poll but i'd always prefer hiragana over katakana, as it's the default kana, the one used generally.

Hiragana is used for words of Japanese origin, while katakana is used for words of foreign origin.  That is why hiragana is much more prevalent.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 07:40:31 »

Hiragana is used for words of Japanese origin, while katakana is used for words of foreign origin.  That is why hiragana is much more prevalent.

I'll be updating the main post this weekend but I'll do both and then run a poll to see which is more popular as there has to be a certain point i stop adding kits haha.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, renders, a better IC Poll, better kit layouts, updated novelties and deskmats and more coming this weekend. And I'll be discussing pricing and a potental timeline.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:09:08 »
Possible to get some legends on that ergo kit?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:27:06 »

Do you have a source of what they are? from the EZ Ergodox coming with blanks on the mods to allot of sets also coming with just blanks i had assumed the customisation of those keys made it more practical.The only times i've seen them covered have been with obscure icons. I'm more than happy to though if it's feesable.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:38:36 »

Do you have a source of what they are? from the EZ Ergodox coming with blanks on the mods to allot of sets also coming with just blanks i had assumed the customisation of those keys made it more practical.The only times i've seen them covered have been with obscure icons. I'm more than happy to though if it's feesable.

KAt Space Cadet is a great example of ergo legends.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 14:20:30 »

Perfect! Thank you I will get them added for the next update.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 14:45:10 »

Perfect! Thank you I will get them added for the next update.
Awesome! Thank you kindly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2020, 14:59:22 by Robosculpts »

Offline productkun

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 18:38:44 »
Would love to see some renders :)

Offline Helcera

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 16:48:00 »
Oh wow, such a nice set! I'm definitely interested in the Hangul alphas. I just placed my order for KAT Atlantis and picked Hangul alphas for that as well but maybe I should switch them to the Greek alphas after all since this set fits Hangul much more nicely, I think. Looking forward to seeing the renders!

Offline KEYGEM

• * Vendor
    • KEYGEM Online Shop
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 16:58:46 »
This set really develops well. Keep up the good work!

Offline ref

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:13:21 »
interesting, but please focus on base kits.

KAT series is adding too many keys in recently design.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:40:15 »

Why limit to base kits when you can have more flexibility with nearly no disadvantages other than more work in the beginning. Due to KAT‘s MOQ all kits will be produced once you meet MOQ.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 03:33:32 »

Why limit to base kits when you can have more flexibility with nearly no disadvantages other than more work in the beginning. Due to KAT‘s MOQ all kits will be produced once you meet MOQ.

Exactly this! I'd much rather design for as many people as possible, gauge interest and produce what is wanted. What makes a larger base kit preferable to you over the model of alphas + mods to cover your layout? @ref

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 04:35:11 »
R5 Delete, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn are missing from the numpad kit. These keys are needed to support 1800, CP, 96-key and similar layouts.

I would also suggest using Control and System instead of Ctrl and System on the longer keys.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 March 2020, 04:37:45 by constexpr »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 05:22:42 »
R5 Delete, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn are missing from the numpad kit. These keys are needed to support 1800, CP, 96-key and similar layouts.

I would also suggest using Control and System instead of Ctrl and System on the longer keys.

The numpad keys are coming in the update I'll post later today, and I agree with you on the text I'll include those changes to the kitting as well. Thanks for your input.

Offline thedavefulton

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 11:02:23 »
Hello!

A bit late to the party but I'm really digging the direction this set is going. I have to say that when I first checked this out the big swaths of green really turned me off. Not saying they were bad, just not my taste. But when I revisited the thread, the (lonely lol) all-black set with green text and hangul icons really caught my attention and I'm very excited to see the general direction of the set heading that way :D

Looking at the last set of renders, the 'Alpha Hangul' kit and 'Icon Mods' kit are calling to me; I really dig 'em. BUT. I can't help but want a bit more variety across the keyboard. As much as I LOVE the purple accent keys, I really don't like the green keys. Again, just personal preference; please don't take those as fightin' werds  ;D

MY best idea (which is not to say it's a GOOD idea) would be to add some more purple mod keys (Alt, Ctrl, Super, etc) but every key you add starts to dilute the 'pop' of the more rare purple keys. Reading over some other comments there was talk of bringing in other 'cyberpunky' colors but I'm the last person you should ask about which one to use, let alone whether to bring in another color at all.

Sorry to ramble, I just feel like this set is getting just INCHES from being something really dope but I'm at a loss as to how to help get it over the finish line.

Ok, that took a weird, sad turn at the end...  :thumb:

Be well 🖖

Offline krikun98

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 11:31:23 »
Wow, this is awesome now! One request I have is alternative arrow key colors in the 40's mod kit or just a separate arrow key kit.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 12:49:08 »
Hello!

A bit late to the party but I'm really digging the direction this set is going. I have to say that when I first checked this out the big swaths of green really turned me off. Not saying they were bad, just not my taste. But when I revisited the thread, the (lonely lol) all-black set with green text and hangul icons really caught my attention and I'm very excited to see the general direction of the set heading that way :D

Looking at the last set of renders, the 'Alpha Hangul' kit and 'Icon Mods' kit are calling to me; I really dig 'em. BUT. I can't help but want a bit more variety across the keyboard. As much as I LOVE the purple accent keys, I really don't like the green keys. Again, just personal preference; please don't take those as fightin' werds  ;D

MY best idea (which is not to say it's a GOOD idea) would be to add some more purple mod keys (Alt, Ctrl, Super, etc) but every key you add starts to dilute the 'pop' of the more rare purple keys. Reading over some other comments there was talk of bringing in other 'cyberpunky' colors but I'm the last person you should ask about which one to use, let alone whether to bring in another color at all.

Sorry to ramble, I just feel like this set is getting just INCHES from being something really dope but I'm at a loss as to how to help get it over the finish line.

Ok, that took a weird, sad turn at the end...  :thumb:

Be well 🖖

Thank you for such detailed response, I'm putting what probably will be the final kits together at the moment, theres deffintely some of what you've been asking for. I wont be adding any new colours at this point i'm pretty set of them but i'm open to adding more extras in purple as alternates but i resisted as much as possible as it takes away from the overall look i'm trying to acheive. I look forward to seeing what you think.

Thanks

Offline thedavefulton

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 12:56:17 »
Sounds good; lookin' forward to seeing what you come up with!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:01:26 »
Update Time, here's V0.3:

238615-0
High Tech - Low Life
KAT Cyberspace is inspired by 80’s/90’s Cyberpunk aesthetic from movies like Bladerunner and Ghost in the Shell to the Matrix. Basked in the green glow of light bled from a terminal display with highlights of Ultra Violet purple and Glow in the Dark Printing With multi Language support for Hangul, Hiragana/Katakana, and Cyrillic, and as many keyboard layouts as I could shake a stick at. I’d love to know what you guys think and what if anything else you’d like to see? I’m hoping we’re getting closer to a complete set now with only a few more things I’d like to Add.

I’m currently waiting on some Glow in the Dark samples from Keyreative before I fully deicide what I’d like to do with it, but my current idea is to add glow in the dark to add the off white Text and green icons, is this something you’d be against?

Renders by NathanAlphaMan, can't thank him enough!
238617-1
238619-2
238621-3

and the Kits:
238623-4
238625-5
238627-6
238629-7
238631-8
238633-9
238635-10
238637-11
238639-12
238641-13
238733-14
238647-15
238649-16
238651-17
238653-18

IC Form: https://forms.gle/DAGLipYQ9NZGhFvy5

Massive thanks to NathanAlphaMan, Swishy, Gtrx & everyone in the Keycap designers Discord <3

Still to do:
Ergo Icons
Finalise novelties
Finalise deskmat designs
Await GiD Samples and test possible options for uses.

Like Cyberspace? Add it to your forum Signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104969.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/l4Hfhg7.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:23:59 by Papithered »

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:04:50 »
Oh, baby
The green alphas though.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:11:52 »
This gets better and better! Love it!

Offline krikun98

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:15:54 »
You seem to have two pictures for ortho/40 icon kits and no text. And I like it better that way.

Also, when can I throw my money at this?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:24:35 »
You seem to have two pictures for ortho/40 icon kits and no text. And I like it better that way.

Also, when can I throw my money at this?

whoops fixed

Offline krikun98

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:47:11 »
So the black alphas will actually be glow-in-the-dark?

The cut-off oni mask on the horizontal enter novelties looks kinda weird. Not sure how to improve upon it, though.