Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 619530 times)

Offline viowastaken

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #950 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:36:47 »
The "senior" model has a rather subpar sensor in it unfortunately. The 3090 in the Zealot Jr is 90% of the reason it's on my list.

Yeah the lamented Avago 9500 series.  Still it never stopped the G9x from gaining top cudos from all the so-called professionals on the web, go figure  ;) .

Just shows how little the sensor actually matters, although the 9500 has never been a problematic sensor with the exception of the Naos 5k, so "lamented" isn't really the right word to use. It has been well implemented for the most part, the inherent accel is really irrelevant for the uses of the majority of the market.
Shape is #1 factor in a mouse, if the shape doesn't suit you then how good the sensor is matters ****-all, but on the flip-side; if the shape is just right, then sensor is largely irrelevant(just look at the RAT7 for instance. Half-assed implementation of a shoddy sensor, and yet it has some of the most dedicated owners I've seen).

Subjective at best.

By and large most casual gamers who play call of modern duty at 4000+ DPI don't give a crap that their laser mice have acceleration, but there is a real slim and ever decreasing minority of elite FPS gamers who put up with any level of acceleration. Naturally 5/10% acceleration isn't going to make Cooler lose a duel vs a n00b, but that doesn't mean that it isn't very significant to him or other FPS players.

Regarding shape I agree it is very important, but more important than the sensor quality is just your opinion, and one I don't share. I've used the deathadder for about a year even though i loathe the shape and weight just because the sensor is spectacular. I currently use the Kanav2 which is a very good mix of an awesomely implemented sensor and a good shape. However I still prefer the Sensei shape over it, but wouldn't consider swapping it out for even a second due to the sensor lacking.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Cherry MX Brown with Ducky thick PBT white/grey

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #951 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 09:11:54 »
The "senior" model has a rather subpar sensor in it unfortunately. The 3090 in the Zealot Jr is 90% of the reason it's on my list.

Yeah the lamented Avago 9500 series.  Still it never stopped the G9x from gaining top cudos from all the so-called professionals on the web, go figure  ;) .

Just shows how little the sensor actually matters, although the 9500 has never been a problematic sensor with the exception of the Naos 5k, so "lamented" isn't really the right word to use. It has been well implemented for the most part, the inherent accel is really irrelevant for the uses of the majority of the market.
Shape is #1 factor in a mouse, if the shape doesn't suit you then how good the sensor is matters ****-all, but on the flip-side; if the shape is just right, then sensor is largely irrelevant(just look at the RAT7 for instance. Half-assed implementation of a shoddy sensor, and yet it has some of the most dedicated owners I've seen).

Subjective at best.

By and large most casual gamers who play call of modern duty at 4000+ DPI don't give a crap that their laser mice have acceleration, but there is a real slim and ever decreasing minority of elite FPS gamers who put up with any level of acceleration. Naturally 5/10% acceleration isn't going to make Cooler lose a duel vs a n00b, but that doesn't mean that it isn't very significant to him or other FPS players.

Regarding shape I agree it is very important, but more important than the sensor quality is just your opinion, and one I don't share. I've used the deathadder for about a year even though i loathe the shape and weight just because the sensor is spectacular. I currently use the Kanav2 which is a very good mix of an awesomely implemented sensor and a good shape. However I still prefer the Sensei shape over it, but wouldn't consider swapping it out for even a second due to the sensor lacking.

I did say it was for the majority of the market; the majority of the market is the casual CoD/BF crowd, those who need a good sensor are competitive FPS players, which isn't really a large portion. Obviously I would recommend a mouse with a good sensor for anyone playing FPS often, but for the majority of the pub players they'll benefit more from just practice and getting good at the game.
And that's just talking about gaming, plenty of people who don't play games use gaming mice simply because they find the shape good or they like some of the features.

So yeah, I never said that sensor is irrelevant for those who take FPS seriously, but for anyone else the slight increase in sensor precision isn't going to do much. Even in FPS you'll most likely need to go above pub level before it really actually matters. Not that it's wrong to want a good mouse with a flawless sensor(or as flawless as sensors get anyway), that's perfectly reasonable, and sensor is always worth considering when picking a new mouse.

Edit:
To clarify; I'm very much an old-school FPS fan, I grew up with stuff like CS and Quake, and I'm sad to see them nearly die out, although it is understandable since people are less and less willing to put in the effort to learn a game and actually get good at it, when you can just jump into an easier version of it and feel like a pro right away.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 09:14:44 by vun »

Offline viowastaken

« Reply #952 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:54:25 »

Subjective at best.

I did say it was for the majority of the market; the majority of the market is the casual CoD/BF crowd, those who need a good sensor are competitive FPS players, which isn't really a large portion. Obviously I would recommend a mouse with a good sensor for anyone playing FPS often, but for the majority of the pub players they'll benefit more from just practice and getting good at the game.
And that's just talking about gaming, plenty of people who don't play games use gaming mice simply because they find the shape good or they like some of the features.

So yeah, I never said that sensor is irrelevant for those who take FPS seriously, but for anyone else the slight increase in sensor precision isn't going to do much. Even in FPS you'll most likely need to go above pub level before it really actually matters. Not that it's wrong to want a good mouse with a flawless sensor(or as flawless as sensors get anyway), that's perfectly reasonable, and sensor is always worth considering when picking a new mouse.

Edit:
To clarify; I'm very much an old-school FPS fan, I grew up with stuff like CS and Quake, and I'm sad to see them nearly die out, although it is understandable since people are less and less willing to put in the effort to learn a game and actually get good at it, when you can just jump into an easier version of it and feel like a pro right away.

I think we're just violently agreeing with eachother.
The point I'm trying to make is that I think that everyone will benefit from having a great sensor in their mice. The level of muscle memory that you are able to build with a great mouse is significant, and to me at least it provides a more comfortable gaming experience. When I test a bad mouse, I may not play significantly worse with it, but it is less comfortable. It doesn't feel "right".

I believe that even casuals who get accustomed to a good mouse will feel the same way. Like going from a membrane keyboard to a mechanical keyboard. You may not type any faster on the mechanical keyboard, but man does it feel great to type on. It makes typing fun, and you can feel the key actuating etc. Shape and ergonomics is a factor of it, and imho so is the cursor behaviour / max speed etc.

Edit: found a thread on overclock.net with all the mice I've owned that I could remember:

MS 1.1
WMO
RX 250 (several of these)
Razer boomslang, original razer ball-mouse. Thing should be in a museum!
Razer copperhead
MX 300 (several of these)
MX310
Logitech G1
Logitech G3
Logitech g9x
Logitech g100
Logitech g100s
Steelseries Xai
Steelseries Sensei Raw
Razer Abyssus
Zowie AM
Zowie Mico
Razer Deathadder (x2)
Razer Krait 2013
Zealot jr
Steelseries Kana V2

heia norge btw :)

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:59:28 by viowastaken »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #953 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:28:03 »
snip

Yeah, obviously a good sensor is better, but if all you're playing is casual BF4 and you want a fancy gaming mouse because of the features on it(was gonna say RAT7 or Naga, but both of those use PTE which has no accel, although still bad) then it's not worth sacrificing those features just for a slightly better sensor.

Side note:

Man I want a Boomslang and a Copperhead, but the Copperhead is near impossible to find and the Boomslangs that are available are all crazy expensive for what they are.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #954 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:11:18 »
Side note:

Man I want a Boomslang and a Copperhead, but the Copperhead is near impossible to find and the Boomslangs that are available are all crazy expensive for what they are.

Then be prepared to clean (at least twice a week) that rubber ball inside the Boomslang.  Which gets to be a pain especially after enjoying all the current rodents who all have fitted led/lazer sensors.

The ONLY good thing about the Boomslang is it's decent size, which all mice should of adopted, plus for an ambidextrous design - it was quite nice  :thumb: .

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:43:58 »
Side note:

Then be prepared to clean (at least twice a week) that rubber ball inside the Boomslang.  Which gets to be a pain especially after enjoying all the current rodents who all have fitted led/lazer sensors.

The ONLY good thing about the Boomslang is it's decent size, which all mice should of adopted, plus for an ambidextrous design - it was quite nice  :thumb: .

Actually, most of the Boomslangs I found on eBay were the newer ones with a (probably terrible) laser sensor, made to celebrate the original Boomslang.

Also, I'd like to add a side note that applies to most of my posts, since it did cause a bit of confusion earlier;
The vast majority of what I say is ignoring the hardcore FPS players, since my experience is that they are perfectly capable of making up their own mind when it comes to what they need in a mouse and which mice will fit those needs.
If any serious FPS players(or anyone else in the same boat as them) have actually gotten anything out of what I've said or would like me to include them in my meanderings then do say so, but so far what I say is primarily meant to give those who aren't into this sort of thing, or at least not all that into it, some help towards making an informed purchase.

As long as people make informed purchases I don't give a rat's ass about what they actually buy*, that's my philosophy when it comes to most consumer hobbies.

*I don't really care either way since it doesn't affect me much, but if everyone made informed decisions then we'd probably see quite a bit of positive change in the markets.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #956 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:01:12 »
Actually, most of the Boomslangs I found on eBay were the newer ones with a (probably terrible) laser sensor, made to celebrate the original Boomslang.

Sorry to infer all Boomslang's had the ball (but my model had the ball) and while it worked flawlessly it had to be cleaned twice a week so that it could glide perfectly on the pad.

As long as people make informed purchases I don't give a rat's ass about what they actually buy*, that's my philosophy when it comes to most consumer hobbies.

*I don't really care either way since it doesn't affect me much, but if everyone made informed decisions then we'd probably see quite a bit of positive change in the markets.

Here here, it's good to see someone stand up for the common consumer, looking for an input device to suit their usage.  I personally never gave much thought to buying mice but now I am more cautious because not all companies make rubbish consistently (unlike Razer).  Hence it's good to see other companies stepping up with interesting rodents built for gaming and common use.

I have to say it's all down to you vun for making me choose a better mouse, instead of putting up with drab rubbish which 99% of users (wild personal guesstimate) are stuck with today  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 19:03:49 by Elrick »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #957 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:39:54 »

I think we're just violently agreeing with eachother.
The point I'm trying to make is that I think that everyone will benefit from having a great sensor in their mice. The level of muscle memory that you are able to build with a great mouse is significant, and to me at least it provides a more comfortable gaming experience. When I test a bad mouse, I may not play significantly worse with it, but it is less comfortable. It doesn't feel "right".

I believe that even casuals who get accustomed to a good mouse will feel the same way. Like going from a membrane keyboard to a mechanical keyboard. You may not type any faster on the mechanical keyboard, but man does it feel great to type on. It makes typing fun, and you can feel the key actuating etc. Shape and ergonomics is a factor of it, and imho so is the cursor behaviour / max speed etc.

Edit: found a thread on overclock.net with all the mice I've owned that I could remember:

MS 1.1
WMO
RX 250 (several of these)
Razer boomslang, original razer ball-mouse. Thing should be in a museum!
Razer copperhead
MX 300 (several of these)
MX310
Logitech G1
Logitech G3
Logitech g9x
Logitech g100
Logitech g100s
Steelseries Xai
Steelseries Sensei Raw
Razer Abyssus
Zowie AM
Zowie Mico
Razer Deathadder (x2)
Razer Krait 2013
Zealot jr
Steelseries Kana V2

heia norge btw :)

Interesting that you haven't listed the Logitech MX518 and its line of mice (G400, G400s). Did you just forget to list it, or have you actually not used it? If you have used that line of mice before, what are your opinions on them?

Also, I noticed you wrote the "Steel Series Kana V2" as your favorite mouse... but I've tried to look up that item on the Steel Series website, and I only see the "Kinzu V2". Is there indeed a Kana V2 that Steel Series hasn't listed on their website yet? Or is it typo? If so, is it the Kana, or Kinzu V2 that is your favorite?
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:43:10 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #958 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:43:07 »
Kana v2 exists, just has not been released in the US market.  Here's a review and a discussion thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1419598/steelseries-kana-v2-review-by-takasta-updated-white-version
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #959 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:52:26 »
Interesting. Yea, I just checked the Steel Series website, and it's not listed there. I just check Amazon, and it's not listed there, either. So I guess it is an out-of-US product, like the Razer Krait 2013. Thanks for the FYI.

That said, viowastaken, you said you liked the shape of the Sensei better than the Kana. Have you felt fatigue with either mouse shape? Because I actually tried a Sensei for a bit, and I found the grip fatiguing, so I'm wondering if I tried the Kana, but it's worse than the Sensei, it might be even more fatiguing than the Sensei (for me, at least).

Offline viowastaken

« Reply #960 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 01:28:08 »
Interesting. Yea, I just checked the Steel Series website, and it's not listed there. I just check Amazon, and it's not listed there, either. So I guess it is an out-of-US product, like the Razer Krait 2013. Thanks for the FYI.

That said, viowastaken, you said you liked the shape of the Sensei better than the Kana. Have you felt fatigue with either mouse shape? Because I actually tried a Sensei for a bit, and I found the grip fatiguing, so I'm wondering if I tried the Kana, but it's worse than the Sensei, it might be even more fatiguing than the Sensei (for me, at least).

Hi,

No it feels just fine too, I never got any sort of fatigue or hand craps even when I play with super small or big mice. Zowie mico or razer deathadder, no problem either way.

Regarding right handed mice: I'm left handed. The deathadders that I list are left handed. That is why I never touched the g400 or g500 or any of the logitech right hand ergo mice.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #961 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 02:41:55 »
The Boomslang CE (limited to 10.000 units) uses the same sensor as the original DA (Avago S3668).

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 05:18:02 »
The Boomslang CE (limited to 10.000 units) uses the same sensor as the original DA (Avago S3668).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that fairly problematic? Or were the original problems with the DA not related to the sensor? My memory is a bit fuzzy on the matter.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #963 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:49:17 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that fairly problematic? Or were the original problems with the DA not related to the sensor? My memory is a bit fuzzy on the matter.
Iirc the minor sensor problems it may have had got fixed with FW updates. They also released a "no angle snapping" FW for the DA (and Copperhead).
Max speed was way better with 1800 CPI than with 450/900 CPI, dunno if that ever got fixed.

I don't remember any real problems with the DA besides squeaky wheels.

Edit: I remember people complaining about the Salmosa (same sensor) because you couldn't upgrade the FW but I don't remember if they complaint about a therefor unfixable sensor/tracking problem or just that they couldn't have a Salmosa without angle snapping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:53:38 by Bullveyr »
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #964 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:54:27 »

Iirc the minor sensor problems it may have had got fixed with FW updates. They also released a "no angle snapping" FW for the DA (and Copperhead).
Max speed was way better with 1800 CPI than with 450/900 CPI, dunno if that ever got fixed.

I don't remember any real problems with the DA besides squeaky wheels.

Fair enough, I just remember seeing a few posts here and there about the early DA being flawed.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #965 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 17:25:27 »
Fair enough, I just remember seeing a few posts here and there about the early DA being flawed.

Wouldn't it be something if you had the early DA model and it died on you, instead of throwing it away you transplant the 2013 model's guts - into the older DA's housing?

Maybe it could be done or Razer had stopped it from ever happening but it would save any broken older DA's from landfills at least.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 18:07:21 »

Wouldn't it be something if you had the early DA model and it died on you, instead of throwing it away you transplant the 2013 model's guts - into the older DA's housing?

Maybe it could be done or Razer had stopped it from ever happening but it would save any broken older DA's from landfills at least.

I do have a bunch of mice with the DA shape, optimally I'd consider putting the DA2013 internals into the MS/Razer Habu, since I prefer the surfaces on that over the DA2013, which comes in at a close second. The Habu is a weird thing, like the IME 3.0 both the materials and build quality feels cheap, but for some reason it just feels amazing anyway.

Although I have no desire to put the new DA internals into the old DA, since I prefer the surface on the new one.

Offline Calcifar

« Reply #967 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:10:26 »
My all time favorite would be the Razer salmosa. Now if that ever came with thumb buttons :-/

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #968 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 02:59:22 »
I've just grabbed the xornet with my left hand... and it feels very interesting! Obviously, the extra buttons get in the way and the whole left side isn't really suited for resting the small finger, but the whole shape is surprisingly comfy. It makes me wonder even more why there are so few really wide mouses.

Offline boardcolletor

• hardware and accessories for computers and pad
« Reply #969 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 02:23:21 »
My fav mouse is listed as picture:

seems fire dancing in it.

and another one as follow is using with my Mac Pro:

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 02:30:31 by boardcolletor »
Love geekhack
mainboard, mouse, keyboard
hardware recovery and others

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #970 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 06:46:30 »
Talk about resurrecting an OLD mouse, I found an old friend in the 3rd desk downstairs (away from my 8 legged pet) - a Logitech MX1100.

Just replugged it into my Internet machine and it just works superbly.  Amazing how they actually designed a mouse that fits your right hand perfectly (a little small but extremely comfortable).

I nearly forgot how perfect it was, easy ergonomics, brilliant FREE-spinning scroll wheel (missed that) and it's weight which is what all normal mice should be (I hate anorexic rodents).  Just need to see how long the batt can hold a charge before I bestow my complete appreciation towards this mouse.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 16:24:19 by Elrick »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #971 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:19:57 »
EC1 eVo CLs are here.. Aaaw yeah
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #972 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 16:38:42 »
EC1 eVo CLs are here.. Aaaw yeah

Now comes the LLLOOOONNNNGGGGG wait till it appears on Ebay for sale  :( .

Offline Phagocytosis

« Reply #973 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 19:08:59 »
I've been using my mionix naos 5000 ever since I tried my brother's years ago. There's an updated one but it doesn't have a weight system

I can't really get used to any other shape now haha

Leopold TKL - Ghetto Green
Apple Extended II - Orange Alps

Offline stancato9

« Reply #974 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 19:11:19 »
I've been using my mionix naos 5000 ever since I tried my brother's years ago. There's an updated one but it doesn't have a weight system

Show Image

I have the 8200. Awesome mouse but I will most likely purchase the Steelseries Rival in the coming months.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #975 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 19:51:43 »

Yes I've got the weight based system one.  It has a PERFECT scroll wheel to use, but I couldn't get the Naos 5000 to work at all within Windows 8.  But it's perfect in Windows 7 (which I'm now re-installing on all my PC's).

It has a nice finish but their firmware is woeful, especially within Win 8.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #976 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:13:31 »

Show Image

hmm this looks really nice!

Offline stancato9

« Reply #977 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:15:28 »

Yes I've got the weight based system one.  It has a PERFECT scroll wheel to use, but I couldn't get the Naos 5000 to work at all within Windows 8.  But it's perfect in Windows 7 (which I'm now re-installing on all my PC's).

Mine works perfectly fine in Windows 8/8.1.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #978 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:11:59 »

What firmware version did you use, V1.15 or V1.32?

Offline stancato9

« Reply #979 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:26:44 »

What firmware version did you use, V1.15 or V1.32?

Not sure  :-[

It might differ as well because I have the 8200.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Phagocytosis

« Reply #980 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 22:39:20 »
The firmware makes all of the difference! My brother's died randomly and it was brought back to life with a firmware update.
Mine also had this issue of double clicking when clicking once and it finally disappeared after multiple firmware updates
Leopold TKL - Ghetto Green
Apple Extended II - Orange Alps

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #981 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 12:50:26 »
My trusty old MX518 started having surface registration issues.  It behaves as if I lift it up and move it around, suddenly orienting my field of view in a random direction when in games.  I don't notice it much in normal OS applications, but it's quite noticeable in games.  I've looked at the sensor opening at the bottom of the mouse where the red light shines and is reflected off the mousing surfaces, and it it was a bit dusty, so I've cleaned it.  But the issue's still ongoing.  Tried various mousepads and surfaces--no difference.  Any ideas if this could be fixed by cleaning something further or why this is happening?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #982 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 12:54:22 »
edit: wrong thread :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:03:22 by Photoelectric »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #983 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 16:54:36 »
By the time this is approved and is operational, AND more companies are using air-delivery, drugs will probably be legalized anyway.

Damn, where is it that you live by the way - that will enable this heavenly pursuit of "Legalized Drugs"?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #984 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:03:54 »
By the time this is approved and is operational, AND more companies are using air-delivery, drugs will probably be legalized anyway.

Damn, where is it that you live by the way - that will enable this heavenly pursuit of "Legalized Drugs"?

That was me posting in a wrong thread :D  It was for the amazon air package delivery thread.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #985 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:08:03 »
My trusty old MX518 started having surface registration issues.  It behaves as if I lift it up and move it around, suddenly orienting my field of view in a random direction when in games.  I don't notice it much in normal OS applications, but it's quite noticeable in games.  I've looked at the sensor opening at the bottom of the mouse where the red light shines and is reflected off the mousing surfaces, and it it was a bit dusty, so I've cleaned it.  But the issue's still ongoing.  Tried various mousepads and surfaces--no difference.  Any ideas if this could be fixed by cleaning something further or why this is happening?

How old is the mouse? Judging from the model it's probably quite broken-in, lol. If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that the wire is going bad, it's not uncommon for wires that see movement to go bad in older peripherals; it shouldn't be that hard to replace with a new wire if you can open up the mouse without busting it (I've seen a few general tutorials for replacing USB mouse wires float around the web).

edit: wrong thread :(

Wrong thread? lol
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:09:45 by Skull_Angel »

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #986 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:30:32 »
the one and only MX518 is my weapon of choice.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #987 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:46:57 »
Just got in on the Func MS-3 group buy on MassDrop: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/func-ms-3 (on Func's site)

DISCLAIMER: HAR HAR Avago 9500 blah blah I know

However, for $30 (normally $80 on newegg) I couldn't really pass it up, plus the ergonomics look interesting.

Will probably post a review once it gets in

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #988 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:51:33 »
Just got in on the Func MS-3 group buy on MassDrop: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/func-ms-3 (on Func's site)

However, for $30 (normally $80 on newegg) I couldn't really pass it up, plus the ergonomics look interesting.

I got into it as well, for the same reason as you. Not sure why, since it's not like I don't have enough mice already, but still, so cheap...

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #989 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:54:02 »

I got into it as well, for the same reason as you. Not sure why, since it's not like I don't have enough mice already, but still, so cheap...

I too am considering it since the shape looks somewhat familiar :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:56:25 by damorgue »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:01:13 »
Dude, it's $30. I'd be seriously surprised if for some reason it wasn't worth it. Hell, you could probably turn around and sell it for more than that if you ended up not liking it.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #991 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:10:08 »
Dude, it's $30. I'd be seriously surprised if for some reason it wasn't worth it. Hell, you could probably turn around and sell it for more than that if you ended up not liking it.
Heh, this is Norway, I could probably get away with selling it for double. I do think I'll like it though, as long as they haven't bungled the sensor.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #992 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:27:54 »

It's going for $121 on US Amazon right now..seriously tempted.

Offline Canious

« Reply #993 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:41:40 »
2013 Razer Deathadder. This is the "perfect" mouse for me for all purposes. Especially for gaming

Offline adhoc

« Reply #994 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 02:24:10 »
G9X. This is my second one already. I just hope I'll still be able to get one when this one stops working, because they went out of production. This is without a doubt the best mouse ever produced (for claw grip users):

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #995 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 02:21:14 »
1. Logitech G500s - daily driver
2. Logitech G9x - gaming recommended
3. Logitech G600 - for multiple macros
4. MadCatz R.A.T. 7 - DAT TRANSFORMER ;D

Offline Nojo

« Reply #996 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 02:09:41 »
1. SteelSeries Sensei - Wish its wireless, love it even though the paint chip off 
2. Razer Deathadder - Still work after few years, but extremely dirty and mouse wheel squeak like crazy

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #997 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:58:29 »
G9X. This is my second one already. I just hope I'll still be able to get one when this one stops working, because they went out of production. This is without a doubt the best mouse ever produced (for claw grip users):

Do you use it with the shell on or off?

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #998 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 08:04:44 »
Using the mamba and im loving it

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline colinm478

« Reply #999 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 08:49:00 »
Corsair M60.

• Good for claw
    Adjustable DPI buttons
    on-the-fly DPI button for sniping
    2 extra buttons
    Aluminum base
    Good sensor
    Click wheel is GOD
    braided cable
    only like 70 bucks

It is a god tier mouse. I've had it for probably close to two years, and it's still mint.