Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622946 times)

Offline Coreda

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1100 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 01:06:06 »
Whats the most comfortable mouse under $60?

If you're a palm grip user the WMOs (Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical) can be bought on eBay for around $15 shipped. I can't count the number of gamers that esteem that mouse as God's gift to man.

Trying mice in a store is the best way to find if a mouse if comfortable, and if the quality of the sensor isn't paramount get whatever feels good  :thumb:

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #1101 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 01:13:39 »
That's just because you can have high DPI while having a not accurate sensor (can be due to sensor, to surface...), so high DPI is useless as long as your mouse is not able to be accurate. It's just like shooting a target, the closer you are = the more DPI you have, but if you don't know how to aim, you will miss from any distance^^ I believe DPI to be a marketing argument. But high DPI can also be worst as it uses more USB bandwidth (more data must be sent by the mouse), in some case this can reduce mouse position refreshing rate, don't forget systems like Windows are totally asynchronous... (even if your graphic card may be sync).
I personnally never seen any difference in changing DPI on my G9 but changing how much you have to move it for the same cursor movements. I feel high DPI to be very usefull in CAD or publishing software, not so for gaming... and even in CAD you may need 2 mice, one for precision pointing and one for general GUI purpose otherwise your productivity falls down.
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1102 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:21:41 »
That's just because you can have high DPI while having a not accurate sensor (can be due to sensor, to surface...), so high DPI is useless as long as your mouse is not able to be accurate. It's just like shooting a target, the closer you are = the more DPI you have, but if you don't know how to aim, you will miss from any distance^^ I believe DPI to be a marketing argument. But high DPI can also be worst as it uses more USB bandwidth (more data must be sent by the mouse), in some case this can reduce mouse position refreshing rate, don't forget systems like Windows are totally asynchronous... (even if your graphic card may be sync).
I personnally never seen any difference in changing DPI on my G9 but changing how much you have to move it for the same cursor movements. I feel high DPI to be very usefull in CAD or publishing software, not so for gaming... and even in CAD you may need 2 mice, one for precision pointing and one for general GUI purpose otherwise your productivity falls down.

Yes I am using mine for CAD work. But for switching DPI its as simple as clicking one of the extra buttons on the mouse and it cycles between presets.

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #1103 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 23:14:26 »
Right now, I'm lovin my kana v2.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 01:11:32 »
Newly converted Logitech G600 fan!

Feels great, tracks great, and they fixed the issue I had with these mice; basically, firmware updates fixed the g-shift "third mouse button" so that it doesn't un-click the other mouse buttons when pressed. I had one of these puppies when they first came out, and returned it because of that problem. Now I wish I hadn't, heh. Oh well, this one came in awesome blue G gear packaging.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 11:01:01 »
Why not get one of those MMO mouses with 20-30 buttons on the side  :p

Those are ugly, don't look comfortable and are not wireless :D

But they were considered.

I don't trust wireless technology, and mainly for input devices, it can be critical if you use it at work (wireless keyboards) and frustrating in gaming... we are surrounded by radio waves nowdays, mainly in towns, and lots of them use the same frequencies, if you could have an E/M camera you would be surprised to see what's your PC's emitting^^

forgot to mention security holes with wireless keyboards, very easy to spy, one of the best way to get hacked.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2014, 11:04:54 by kilogeek »
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 13:11:46 »
I don't trust wireless technology, and mainly for input devices, it can be critical if you use it at work (wireless keyboards) and frustrating in gaming... we are surrounded by radio waves nowdays, mainly in towns, and lots of them use the same frequencies, if you could have an E/M camera you would be surprised to see what's your PC's emitting^^

forgot to mention security holes with wireless keyboards, very easy to spy, one of the best way to get hacked.

What in the world is an "electromagnetic" camera?  "Normal" cameras that detect light (electrons hitting CCDs and such) are also "electromagnetic"...  Do you mean those that operate in radio spectrum or infrared for temperature or similar?  Of course computers emit electric and magnetic fields--any devices where current flows emit magnetic fields, and it's all an endless interfering chain.  Maybe you should move to the Moon.  But then you'd still be subject to the Solar Wind :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 13:16:20 »

What in the world is an "electromagnetic" camera?  "Normal" cameras that detect light (electrons hitting CCDs and such) are also "electromagnetic"...  Do you mean those that operate in radio spectrum or infrared for temperature or similar?  Of course computers emit electric and magnetic fields--any devices where current flows emit magnetic fields, and it's all an endless interfering chain.  Maybe you should move to the Moon.  But then you'd still be subject to the Solar Wind :)

It'll just look like this

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1108 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:02:21 »
not everybody all at one time :eek:

broke out this piece of hi tech equipment from the cabinet.........

from back in the day ;D
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Kamen Rider Blade

« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 23:18:42 »
Favorite Wired    Mice:  Logitech G600
Favorite Wireless Mice:  Logitech G602

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #1110 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 03:44:17 »
Been enjoying the shape of my Spawn for a while now, but my finger doesn't have much traction on the wheel and I think it's getting worse.  Will have to keep an eye out for a suitable replacement I guess.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 01:20:16 »
I'm testing some of CM Storm's new mice at the Brazilian "Campus Party" event.

Loving the CM Storm Alcor, but the Mizar has those awesome side grips  ;D

Software is a mess, but it's not nearly done, so, it'll improve
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 01:51:43 »

Show Image

Not be rude here but don't they both look like SteelSeries Rival's from that view point?

Offline wetto

« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 01:55:09 »

Show Image

Not be rude here but don't they both look like SteelSeries Rival's from that view point?

They're all MS 3.0 clones, but the Steelseries Rival is far more focused on Palm than this one.

The good thing is that both have less weight than my old Deathadder 3.5G, although they do use the same switches and scroll...
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 02:34:37 »
They're all MS 3.0 clones, but the Steelseries Rival is far more focused on Palm than this one.

The good thing is that both have less weight than my old Deathadder 3.5G, although they do use the same switches and scroll...

You can't have too many IE 3.0 clones, I say bring 'em on  :thumb: .  The finest ergonomics created by Microsoft (by mistake I guess) that now is a lasting legacy for any future mice created today or tomorrow.

Offline luminor

« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:16:08 »
using Razer naga, the side butttons really help for playing WOW

Offline wetto

« Reply #1116 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 11:52:39 »

You can't have too many IE 3.0 clones, I say bring 'em on  :thumb: .  The finest ergonomics created by Microsoft (by mistake I guess) that now is a lasting legacy for any future mice created today or tomorrow.

I find the ergonomy really nice and I know there are people who do love these MS 3.0 clones VERY VERY much.

But in my case, I really prefer something more different for my fingertip grip, like the Logitech G9x or the Corsair M65  :p
My collection:
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1117 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 17:33:50 »

I find the ergonomy really nice and I know there are people who do love these MS 3.0 clones VERY VERY much.

Yes, the clones are just what the doctor ordered.  Easy to use, no stress whatsoever and they make using a PC that much more enjoyable.

Offline platypus

• dongerino adventures
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 19:21:28 »
Razer abyssus :D

I use aftermarket slightly taller teflon feet, and i remove the LED.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1119 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:12:46 »
Loved my NZXT Avatar, it was weirdly skinny but it worked pretty well for someone with a claw grip. For an ergo mouse the Mionix Naos is a great one
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1120 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:17:11 »
The Corsair M60
This thing has a wonderful matte black finish which feels good the the touch and looks nice as well
The number of buttons is perfect as well as good button placement.
Very satisfying metal scroll wheel with a rubberized texture.
Also. Brushed aluminium. This last point is really all that you need to know.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 15:15:11 »

Show Image

:P is that your video?

Offline ianxblog

• no
« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 21:18:42 »
A4Tech X7-10BH

Best mouse. Best price. Best features.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1123 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 12:52:05 »

Show Image

What's your initial impression of this new CM lineup vs the other IME inspired mouse like the DA, Rival, Zowie EC?

Offline aref

« Reply #1124 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 20:01:12 »
I like simple pointing devices: for me it's a Logitech M505. It tracks beautifully, the size fits my hand, and batteries last about two years.

Offline upl8447

« Reply #1125 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 08:13:01 »
My most used mouse is my Mionix Naos 8200 but i'am planning to replace it with an Naos 7000. But not far behinde is my mx518 that i hade for 5years now.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1126 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 17:45:37 »
But not far behinde is my mx518 that i hade for 5years now.

I've still got an MX500 (the original Logitech Gaming Mouse) and a few MX518's as back up.  I actually think they were the finest quality mice Logitech has ever released.  A shame most mice they try to design and make now lack the fundamental aspect of reliability/durability.

Incidentally I've dropped my MX500 onto the tiled floor numerous times yet it still works perfectly.  Try doing that to a current model G500S or G700S.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1127 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 11:16:28 »
I use Zowie FK (not the 2014 version). I love it.

Offline ITzMeYaKnow

« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 13:04:30 »
Had a Razer Naga for awhile I really didn't like it because it was to small for my hands.  I just switched to the Steelseries Sensei Raw and I love it!

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1129 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 03:15:42 »
Logitech G9x
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 03:34:16 »
Deathadder and Intelli 3.0 are the only mice I've ever owned. They are more or less the same, so I guess they're my favorites. Want to try another mouse, but I'm too clueless and don't want to research it too much since I don't have any problems with my current one.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1131 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 03:51:08 »
I use a Logitech M510. All of my keyboards are lubed and so quiet now but my mouse is like, CLICK CLICK CLICK. Anyone have any nice quiet mouses?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1132 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 04:30:37 »
Logitech G9x

My Mrs still likes her G9x because it suits her right hand perfectly with that free-scroll wheel that Logitech enjoys using across it's whole range.

Offline wetto

« Reply #1133 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 09:09:32 »

Show Image

:P is that your video?

Yup, it is. Although there's some wrong information in it, I thought the side switches were TTC (since it was Carter who designed it), but they're actually Zhij. It seems some people modified Carter's original project and they replaced some components from other vendor's they're not very fond of. Carter wasn't really happy with that and I can understand why.

I really thought I was handling a prototype, reason why I didn't complained much here or on the video, but it was actually the final versions...  :(

Show Image

What's your initial impression of this new CM lineup vs the other IME inspired mouse like the DA, Rival, Zowie EC?

The tracking on the CM Storm Alcor is incredibly accurate and even tracks on most surfaces without much of a problem even with a low LOD (quite impressive for the AVAGO 3090). The overall build seems nice, but it's a downgrade compared to the Xornet/Spawn/Recon. OMRON D2FC-F-7N (5M) switches on the left/right buttons, Zhij switches on the middle and side buttons and a TTC scroll. I know it's going to be a cheap mouse, but the Spawn was and still is cheaper and better.

It'll get an upgraded version (CM Storm Alcor+) with better components very soon though (ALPS scroll, AVAGO 3310, maybe better side and middle button switches). The normal version won't even be released on the United States.

Now, the CM Storm Mizar is a bloody mess. They managed to screw up the AVAGO 9800 even more, the tracking was weird, it had one of the highest LOD I've ever seen and the software is a bloody mess and a downgrade compared to the CM Storm Recon.

Overall, they're good, but nothing impressive, though the Alcor and Alcor+ may make a big difference as soon as they're released with a low price.

Logitech G9x

Am I the only one with a love/hate relationship with this mouse because of how damn stiff the middle button is? It fits my hands like a glove with the smaller grip though :(

Also, am I the only one who dislikes the Logitech scroll wheel? Sure, it's very nice for navigating and stuff, but I don't like playing russian roulette while I try changing my weapons in-game (and that other mode is almost as inaccurate as the free-wheel). And that's the reason why I love ALPS Scroll Encoder.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 09:44:28 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline dmbr

« Reply #1134 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 13:07:36 »
My mouse3 isn't stiff at all, but otherwise I'm right there with you on the G9x. The shape is unique and perfect for my hybrid grip/hand size, so it was very hard to find a satisfying replacement.

Finally discovered the Zowie EC2 evo CL and I'm in love. Perfect grip, buttons, wheel, sensor, and just enough heft. My aim instantly improved moving from the G9x; no awkward adjustment period at all.

I do miss side scroll and free-scroll a bit, macros were a nice option, and on the fly DPI adjustment was convenient, but eh...no biggie. The virtues of the EC2 are the stuff that truly matter.

Sorry guys, I know you love your mice, but if you're using it for FPS gaming, Zowie is king.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 13:13:09 by dmbr »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 14:57:28 »
You guys ever use the weight cartridge on the g9x?

Offline dmbr

« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 15:21:49 »
I like mine light. I even took out the little cap for where you put the weights in :)

Offline wetto

« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 17:32:13 »
I like mine light. I even took out the little cap for where you put the weights in :)

Ditto. It's a really nice shape without its weights and even better without the weight cartridge. Putting weights on it just makes it feel wrong.

My mouse3 isn't stiff at all, but otherwise I'm right there with you on the G9x. The shape is unique and perfect for my hybrid grip/hand size, so it was very hard to find a satisfying replacement.

Finally discovered the Zowie EC2 evo CL and I'm in love. Perfect grip, buttons, wheel, sensor, and just enough heft. My aim instantly improved moving from the G9x; no awkward adjustment period at all.

I do miss side scroll and free-scroll a bit, macros were a nice option, and on the fly DPI adjustment was convenient, but eh...no biggie. The virtues of the EC2 are the stuff that truly matter.

Sorry guys, I know you love your mice, but if you're using it for FPS gaming, Zowie is king.

The reason the middle button is stiff is because Logitech engineers were too stupid when designing it and decided to use this switch as the middle button (number 5):

Needless to say, that thing is stiff, unresponsive and the worst of all, is that I can't replace that for a proper/better switch... :(

Believe me, I didn't wanted to sell it, and I was even using the horizontal scroll buttons as replacement for the middle button, but in the end, it still annoyed the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 17:36:38 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 17:56:50 »
The reason the middle button is stiff is because Logitech engineers were too stupid when designing it and decided to use this switch as the middle button (number 5):

Show Image

Needless to say, that thing is stiff, unresponsive and the worst of all, is that I can't replace that for a proper/better switch... :(

Do you think using one switch (from either 2 front switches) from the original WMO, would work with a G9x?

Offline wetto

« Reply #1139 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 22:02:22 »

Show Image

Do you think using one switch (from either 2 front switches) from the original WMO, would work with a G9x?

The two front switches are Panasonic Square and if they could work with it, all of my problems would be solved :(

Now, it uses SMT Type switches, but god only knows what brand/model and what I might buy to fix it. It's similar to the switch used on the middle button of the MS WMO and several other MS mice such as the Wireless 5000 (on the picture below), but it's a different model and probably another brand. Who knows if it works... If they do, I could have harvested those from my Corsair M60 DPI buttons.

OMRON has them too:
http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/sw/24/b3sn.html
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 22:47:32 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1140 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 22:55:43 »
Now, it uses SMT Type switches, but god only knows what brand/model and what I might buy to fix it. It's similar to the switch used on the middle button of the MS WMO and several other MS mice such as the Wireless 5000 (on the picture below), but it's a different model and probably another brand. Who knows if it works... If they do, I could have harvested those from my Corsair M60 DPI buttons.
Show Image

OMRON has them too:

If you still have your Corsair mouse why not harvest the switch and solder it onto the G9x and see if it works?  Even if it didn't I would grab a cheap WMO off Ebay for $4.95USD and harvest the switch from that one and see if the G9x will work with it.  After all you seem the type of guy willing to take apart rodents to see how they tick so why not do the soldering as well?

Shame to throw away a G9x if the middle button dies hence why not try to improvise and see if it works.  I suspect Logitech started making mice with dodgey switches to force users to upgrade to the latest model when the time calls for it.  The wonderful aspect of designed obsolescence practiced now by everyone out there in the input device brigade.

Offline wetto

« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:00:13 »
Show Image

OMRON has them too:

If you still have your Corsair mouse why not harvest the switch and solder it onto the G9x and see if it works?  Even if it didn't I would grab a cheap WMO off Ebay for $4.95USD and harvest the switch from that one and see if the G9x will work with it.  After all you seem the type of guy willing to take apart rodents to see how they tick so why not do the soldering as well?

Shame to throw away a G9x if the middle button dies hence why not try to improvise and see if it works.  I suspect Logitech started making mice with dodgey switches to force users to upgrade to the latest model when the time calls for it.  The wonderful aspect of designed obsolescence practiced now by everyone out there in the input device brigade.

Kind of weird seeing them doing that when they themselves give a 3 year warranty (which by the way, I find damn good, they have the best RMA world-wide) and end up even giving a newer model or similar to the faulty one on many cases...

It's a risky policy, covering up the internal build quality problems with an extremely efficient RMA system, but it seems to work for them.

But anyways, I don't have the G9x anymore, but yes, I'm going to tinker a lil' bit more with my mice soon, next thing I'm doing is replacing the brandless scroll encoder of the M60 for an ALPS scroll encoder. And the next little toy I got coming on the mail is a Logitech G602 (plus a Matias Secure Pro) :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:09:11 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline pillows

• soft as milk
« Reply #1142 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:10:08 »
I have a Logiteceh G9x for about 4 years. I like it because it isn't TOO gaudy.
Ever since I did some driver updates, it doesn't feel the same anymore- aiming wise.

Now, I feel like 1 out of 50 clicks, the one doesn't register...
I'd be in the market for a new mouse if I was still gaming.

edit: just looked at the Logitech warranty. 3 years limited :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:12:23 by pillows »
intel core i9 3333mhz twin turbo

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1143 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:53:49 »
Kind of weird seeing them doing that when they themselves give a 3 year warranty (which by the way, I find damn good, they have the best RMA world-wide) and end up even giving a newer model or similar to the faulty one on many cases...

It's a risky policy, covering up the internal build quality problems with an extremely efficient RMA system, but it seems to work for them.

Maybe you're lucky due to living in the US because in Australia (through personal experience) there is no RMA at all on their products because Logitech refuses to honour it here.  I think it's because we have a weak government that won't push them into supporting their dodgey gear when it dies.

Still the WORLD's Best RMA service still goes to Corsair because it applies even here in Convict Town.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 February 2014, 23:56:14 by Elrick »

Offline wetto

« Reply #1144 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 00:03:59 »

Maybe you're lucky due to living in the US because in Australia (through personal experience) there is no RMA at all on their products because Logitech refuses to honour it here.  I think it's because we have a weak government that won't push them into supporting their dodgey gear when it dies.

Still the WORLD's Best RMA service still goes to Corsair because it applies even here in Convict Town.

Nope, I live in Brazil and although they've got no official support team over here, all they ask us for is to prove somehow that the mouse is faulty (and yes, sometimes there are people whose mice isn't faulty and they still activate the RMA just to get a new one, happened with several G700 I've seen, all replaced for the new G700s) and then they ask for pictures/video where you destroy the equipment and its components. But yes, some people even harvest switches and other stuff from what's left of the equipment after getting destroyed.

After that (it doesn't takes over 1 week), they send a new mouse from the United States through UPS with all taxes paid. Sometimes, the whole RMA proccess takes around 2-3 weeks, far less than Cooler Master, Razer, Thermaltake and Corsair (all of which have official support over here).

Still, I didn't knew their support on Australia was bad...  :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 February 2014, 00:14:29 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1145 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 01:00:08 »
Nope, I live in Brazil and although they've got no official support team over here, all they ask us for is to prove somehow that the mouse is faulty (and yes, sometimes there are people whose mice isn't faulty and they still activate the RMA just to get a new one, happened with several G700 I've seen, all replaced for the new G700s) and then they ask for pictures/video where you destroy the equipment and its components. But yes, some people even harvest switches and other stuff from what's left of the equipment after getting destroyed.

After that (it doesn't takes over 1 week), they send a new mouse from the United States through UPS with all taxes paid. Sometimes, the whole RMA proccess takes around 2-3 weeks, far less than Cooler Master, Razer, Thermaltake and Corsair (all of which have official support over here).

Still, I didn't knew their support on Australia was bad...  :(

Damn, you are extremely lucky in your country.  Here in my town the place is rife with corruption and ripoff regimes charging too much for items that are very cheap everywhere else.  The thing that hurts the most is Logitech's NON warranty support and they won't provide anything even when asked or begged to.  They won't accept a video (like your country) or any other proof that the item is faulty or dead.  All they say is to buy another 'newer' product which has been fixed from the previous model.

Besides I haven't met any Australian that has gotten an RMA on any mouse from them in recent years.  In the past they supported their products but now 2014 it's completely ignored.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1146 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 01:03:33 »
im still using my deathadder black, but i think im gonna switch it up soon.
its feeling a bit grimy even after i wipe it down lol.

Trying to find a mouse with that matte finish so it doesn't build up very visible grime

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #1147 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 01:12:23 »
Been using the Zowie EC2 Evo for a year and half now, so currently this.

Just ordered a Feenix Nascita though so when that gets here, then that for sure.
你搞砸了

Offline mauri

« Reply #1148 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 07:42:21 »
I think EC2 takes the cake for me. I do adore kinzu and intellimouse 1.1 but I take the  functionality (no sidebuttons on the kinzu and too low dpi on the 1.1) over the shape.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1149 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 14:50:55 »
I've been reading all of your posts about a Zowie EVO so I'm going to ask for one of those for my bday! If I don't get it then I'll probably buy one!