Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 619617 times)

Offline Zylkan

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1650 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 16:16:06 »
Looking for advice on a new mouse.

Been using a Razer DA for ages. Like it a lot but it's not functioning properly anymore and there are certain details I'm not so happy with so I'm looking for a replacement. I heard lots of good things about the G403 but was hoping to find something cheaper and that's when this little thing came to my attention:

https://www.bloody.com/en/product.php?pid=10&id=104

Is anyone familiar with it ? The ergonomics look somewhat similar to the DA and I heard good things about its sensor (please consider its low price)

Would love to have some feedback.
Cheers,
Z

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #1651 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 17:54:21 »
At the moment, I'm enjoying the Logitech G102. The shape compliments my claw/palm hybrid grip and it's relatively light at ~87-88g. The rubber cable is decently flexible and I replaced the admittedly decent stock feet with hyperglides.
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline Murdari0

« Reply #1652 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 06:38:52 »

Been using a Razer DA for ages. Like it a lot but it's not functioning properly anymore and there are certain details I'm not so happy with so I'm looking for a replacement. I heard lots of good things about the G403 but was hoping to find something cheaper and that's when this little thing came to my attention:

Is anyone familiar with it ? The ergonomics look somewhat similar to the DA and I heard good things about its sensor (please consider its low price)

Cheers,
Z

The Cougar Revenger S has a very similar ergo shape to the DA with all the good modern bits like 3360 and separate clicks.

Edit: Sorry I completely misread your post, the cougar is probably too expensive. As for the A4 tech mouse, keep in mind that the mouse feet are metal on this, and the cable looks pretty bad.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 November 2017, 06:58:22 by Murdari0 »

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #1653 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 14:26:27 »

Cheers,
Z

The Cougar Revenger S has a very similar ergo shape to the DA with all the good modern bits like 3360 and separate clicks.

Edit: Sorry I completely misread your post, the cougar is probably too expensive. As for the A4 tech mouse, keep in mind that the mouse feet are metal on this, and the cable looks pretty bad.
Thanks for the feedback!

Indeed I am favoring something cheaper for the moment although I'll probably regret it later.
Do you have any experience with the Logi G403 and if yes how would you compare it ti the cougar you mentioned?
Z

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #1654 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 14:32:21 »

Cheers,
Z

Thanks for the feedback!

Indeed I am favoring something cheaper for the moment although I'll probably regret it later.
Do you have any experience with the Logi G403 and if yes how would you compare it ti the cougar you mentioned?
Z

Logitech G403 is great, both wired and wireless.
Extremely comfortable and safe ergonomics, feels solid too.
I have not used the Cougar revenger myself but just my 2 cents here. :))

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #1655 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 17:21:05 »

Cheers,
Z

Thanks for the feedback!

Z

Logitech G403 is great, both wired and wireless.
Extremely comfortable and safe ergonomics, feels solid too.
I have not used the Cougar revenger myself but just my 2 cents here. :))

Thank you for your input!

Offline typo

« Reply #1656 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 03:06:49 »
Ot: Just wondering. As you should not rest your palms while typing, what about palm rests with mice? Or chair arms for that matter? For a traditional mouse I find it difficult to hover. resting just on a thick cloth pad often feels better than a wrist rest putting pressure on the tendons but then your wrist is not level with the mouse which is bad. Do you guys rest your wrist when mousing or keep your wrist and entire arm elevated off of any surface?

My fav was G502 and I disliked G903. now all I use is G903. go figure. It was awkward at first but the smaller, lighter size is nicer imo.

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #1657 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 13:22:26 »
Just to say I went full cheapo and bought a NOX KROM KADRU GAMING MOUSE 4000 DPI on Black Friday (White version, the one with reduction) for 15 EUR:

Sensor - optical AVAGO 3050
Resolution - 250 - 4000 DPI
Buttons - 6
Internal memory - 64kb
Polling rate - 250 - 500 - 1000 Hz
Acceleration - 20 G
Speed - 60 inches / sec
Cable lenght - 150 cm ± 10 cm
Interface - USB
Dimensions - 130 x 65 x 45 mm
Weight - 160 ± 5 gr

Heard good things about it and I'm looking forward for it to arrive and start using it.

:D

Offline killyou

« Reply #1658 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 06:52:17 »
I'm using Logitech G403. I've been Logitech user almost all my life starting with 3 button OEM mouse, then Pilot with a wheel, MX500, MX510, MX705 and now G403. Sadly I missed Logitech Wingman but it was too expensive for me as a kid back then and kinda rare in my small town. I can't even imagine a mouse being any better than G403, it's so good. I made a promise to myself that I will be monitoring Logitech website for any new models similar to G403 and trying them out.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #1659 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 10:10:26 »
It's been few years, still using Logitech G700 (Older version). Still working pretty well.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #1660 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 01:25:44 »
This beast....

The Logitech MX510.

I had this bad boy for atleast over 10 years and it is still going strong. It will be a sad day when it finally dies. I am still upset I didn’t buy a few backups when they were in production!
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline snarfbot

« Reply #1661 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 03:40:05 »
i got a logitech g703 recently, its awesome. ive tried a few wireless mice over the years, and this is the first one that is actually as good as a corded one.

i cant recommend it enough.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1662 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 06:01:41 »
this is my favourite moose:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1663 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 14:21:14 »
MY FAVORITE MOUSE IS THE MICROSOFT MOUSE. I USE THIS ONE FOR MICROSOFT BOB, WHICH I RUN ON WINDOWS 98:

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1664 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 14:21:32 »
OOPS TOO MANY PICTURES. I THINK MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1665 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:44:16 »
This beast....

Show Image

The Logitech MX510.

I had this bad boy for atleast over 10 years and it is still going strong. It will be a sad day when it finally dies. I am still upset I didn’t buy a few backups when they were in production!

I've got a brand new BLUE version.  Will never let it go no matter what simply because these models are worthwhile keeping for the future or for your grand kiddies to use.

Offline gak1234

[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Reply #1666 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 05:06:46 »
[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:06:15 by gak1234 »

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1667 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 04:16:30 »
The Roccat Leadr (wireless Tyon with a good sensor) has really grown on me.

It's got the accuracy when I'm playing FPS games and buttons when I want to go for other games, it is a bit weighty though. I'm really digging the button placement; the reduced number at the thumb requires less muscle memory so I don't panic fumble anything with progression content; the only issue is the finger buttons are wide spread, but planning out action/macro placement cuts down on the finger acrobatics.

Offline typo

« Reply #1668 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 22:06:34 »
My G903 is double clicking on single click on left. That is why you choose Logitech! They just send you another and do not even have to send back the old one. I urge people not to abuse this and ruin it! Otherwise it is great IMO. I was sure I preferred the G502 until I got used to it. So much lighter is a big deal.

Offline glack23

« Reply #1669 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 02:12:55 »
using an old razer salmosa as my laptop mouse. it will be sad when it die. hard to find a tiny mouse

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1670 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 14:48:51 »
using an old razer salmosa as my laptop mouse. it will be sad when it die. hard to find a tiny mouse

That reminds me of my Genius Navigator 335 that I took out of the closet the other day. I mean, yeah, the mouse is mostly **** with its ancient laser sensor and overall iffy build quality… I've already had to modify the buttons a bit. At the same time, though, it's survived usage on and off since spring 2010, and I wish I could find a better mouse with the same form factor: from tiny size to reasonable ambidextrous shape.

Offline glack23

« Reply #1671 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 01:59:24 »
recent years , most of the mouse are getting more and more buttons and  tiny form factors mouse are non existent.
few years ago i have to buy a replacement for the salmosa from korea thru ebay

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1672 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 17:53:31 »
Loved the corsair scimitar to death but it had this really bad issue where it would double click when I had only clicked once. Currently using a logitech G pro and I like it. I really wish I had gotten a G303 Daedulus before they discontinued it and the prices went crazy...

Offline flyingpike

« Reply #1673 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 22:58:10 »
Loved the corsair scimitar to death but it had this really bad issue where it would double click when I had only clicked once. Currently using a logitech G pro and I like it. I really wish I had gotten a G303 Daedulus before they discontinued it and the prices went crazy...

You can usually fix the double click issue. I just did it last night to a Logitech G500, took about 30 minutes. Works like new again. The spring inside the micro switch loses its strength and just needs to be bent back a bit. You should be able to find video for disassembling your specific mouse, and PC Gaming wiki has a video about the spring fix.

Offline omegafivethreefive

« Reply #1674 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 07:10:35 »
I'm starting to think that any mouse with weight > mouse without... Am I the only one?

Offline Steambull

« Reply #1675 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 11:34:16 »
I'm starting to think that any mouse with weight > mouse without... Am I the only one?
No, I think the same. At my work they have the cheapest junk of keyboards and mice that are feather light. I find those ultra light mice close to impossible to work with. I brought along my own Logitech MX mouse to work (and a mechanical keyboard of course) and here at home I got a MX Master, G502, G602 and a deceased G5 mouse. All feel rather heavier that I appreciate greatly. The MX Master is lovely ergonomic for my big hands and feels having the right weight to it.

Offline FlukE_92

« Reply #1676 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 18:59:50 »
~4 year old ss Sensei raw. The soft film on it is super comfortable and I love the moderate number of macro keys. Gives you good functionality without the look of 12 macro keys or what have you.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1677 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 18:19:03 »

It's got the accuracy when I'm playing FPS games and buttons when I want to go for other games, it is a bit weighty though. I'm really digging the button placement; the reduced number at the thumb requires less muscle memory so I don't panic fumble anything with progression content; the only issue is the finger buttons are wide spread, but planning out action/macro placement cuts down on the finger acrobatics.

How's the wireless performance? I'm a bit spoiled on Logitech's recent wireless offerings.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1678 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 23:19:56 »

How's the wireless performance? I'm a bit spoiled on Logitech's recent wireless offerings.

Honestly, it feels like wired, but I'm not ultra-competitive any more, so ymmv. The on-board memory doen't store profiles like originally advertised (which is a let down), but it can be tricked into storing one as long as it isn't turned off. No freakouts or anything, so still happy with it overall.

I run 1000cpi/500mhz out of habit and it feels pretty buttery. Previous Roccat experience was the Kone Pure optical, which was a great mouse; so I figured I'd pick up the Leadr since it fit my needs for moar buttons. No issues aside from afking for several min., getting attacked, and needing to wait a half second for the sensor to wake up (it enters low-power after half an hour and you have to click to wake up, standard wireless stuff). The battery lasts through all day binges; I let it charge while I'm asleep/away and haven't run into battery issues, and even then can still run wired.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1679 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 00:41:37 »
After this Mionix Castor started failing on me after less than a year, along with my previous two mice which were also both Mionix and which both had hardware failure - I am completely done with Mionix forever. 3 strikes was probably being too generous.

Ordered a Zowie EC2-A, should be here soon.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #1680 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 19:57:40 »

Right now, I'm leaning on the Nixeus Revel.

Who knows though... after I mod my G403 and G203.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline seva1385

« Reply #1681 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:40:36 »
CST L-track

Kinesis Advantage2

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
« Reply #1682 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 06:28:45 »
MX Master / Razer Deathadder
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline MrMen

« Reply #1683 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 04:29:44 »
Logitech M570

Offline proto

« Reply #1684 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 21:38:26 »
I always liked the weird design of the mad cats R.A.T. although they were never comfortable for me to use long term

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1685 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 21:40:42 »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #1686 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 11:40:24 »
CST L-track

i want one of these so bad but cant justify spending 140$ for it  :(

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #1687 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 15:57:57 »
This beast....

Show Image

The Logitech MX510.

aah, i remember those logitech mice designs, i personally loved the g400s, first mouse i ever loved i have bigger hands and it fit me pretty well, feel like getting a new one for nostalgias sake, those mice were tanks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 16:00:32 by ANightOnCloudNine »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1688 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 18:19:37 »
Still using the Roccat Kone Pure. Love the orange and black + purple custom led logo. The sensor is great too.

Offline JianYang

« Reply #1689 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 00:11:19 »
CST L-track

i want one of these so bad but cant justify spending 140$ for it  :(

So to clarify: you want one bad, but not $140 bad?  :))

Offline aya3154

« Reply #1690 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:50:45 »
Logitech G900  :p

Seriously tho, I think its the M705
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:58:32 by aya3154 »

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #1691 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 01:10:22 »
Just switched to a trackball about a week ago, a Logitech MX ERGO, loving it so far, I don't think I can go back to a regular mouse haha :p

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #1692 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:40:25 »
Recently moved over to a Logitech G305 and I'm absolutely in love with it.

I didn't know I could feel this way about a wireless mouse.

Offline mittyzz

• Pet kitties play with _______...
« Reply #1693 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:17:44 »
Huge fan of Final Mouse. Been using the Sunset for a while now.

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #1694 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:40:57 »

Level 10 M. This was my mouse for a long time, I still think it looks amazing. Moved onto a G502 for better usability of the buttons though.

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #1695 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 04:29:30 »
Ninox Venator for sure
Haven't felt the need to switch to anything else since

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #1696 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:08:34 »
MY FAVORITE MOUSE IS THE MICROSOFT MOUSE. I USE THIS ONE FOR MICROSOFT BOB, WHICH I RUN ON WINDOWS 98:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those were the days, my friend; we thought they'd never end! ;)

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #1697 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:36:50 »
Been using my MX master at work for a while now and I think it's up there for my all time favorite mice. Battery takes weeks to run down and charges quick.

Also stand by the feel of my steelseries Sensei Raw. I dont think I could use a more sculpted mouse like the MX for gaming, so I like the simplicity of the Sensei.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline LiL_BrOwNiE247

« Reply #1698 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:47:32 »
Logitech G900  :p

Seriously tho, I think its the M705

You jest, but the G900 is now my new favorite mouse for gaming. Used to daily my G602 for a few years until I picked up the G900 on sale one day, no turning back after that. Never realized how nice lighter mice are for FPS.

Offline Phitness

« Reply #1699 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:52:16 »
Fav mouse is the Razer Naga.  I have so many macros i use daily on it it would be hard not to have it anymore.