Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622684 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 13:00:15 »
Show Image

Probally the best mouse ever made and when my Lachesis dies, I'm going to get another one.
I still have that mouse sitting in my mouse drawer, my first mouse ever and it still works great.
Edit: I should probably clarify; it's the first mouse I bought myself, not the first mouse I ever used.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2012, 20:09:54 by vun »

Offline SurgeonKyle

• God I love keyboards
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 19:03:07 »
I'm not a fan of Razer's branding or most of their products but my Deathadder hasn't steered me wrong yet, plus it's huge and comfy. Want to try the Logitech G9X when it goes on sale again, though.
Current Rotation: Ducky DK9087G2 PRO | Topre Realforce 87U TKL 55g | APC Branded Cherry G80

Offline tcv

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 19:03:50 »
Logitech G9X

Offline exousia7

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 21:31:39 »
CM Storm Spawn and SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 23:56:32 »
I'm not a fan of Razer's branding or most of their products but my Deathadder hasn't steered me wrong yet, plus it's huge and comfy. Want to try the Logitech G9X when it goes on sale again, though.

It's probably one of the few things Razer does correctly anyway.

Headsets? Meh... Overpriced pieces of crap.

Keyboards? Couldn't be worse.

Mousepads? Nice, though overpriced.

Mice? Well, if you see past the Philips Twin Eye fiasco of the recent years, at least the old models, which most Razer fanboys are so proud of, are actually quite good.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline sovano

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 01:51:48 »
I'm pretty content with my Razer DA and my special edition Razer Goliathus. Although to be more serious its really their mouse line up that is the only thing that Razer really has quality in for some reason. My mousepad satisfies all of my requirements, but compared to my $5 mousepad from Target, I wouldn't find any difference in terms of performance; just comfortability and convenience.

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 08:07:32 »
EC66 | MIYA

Offline mztriz

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 14:14:38 »
Show Image

Probally the best mouse ever made and when my Lachesis dies, I'm going to get another one.
I still have that mouse sitting in my mouse drawer, my first mouse ever and it still works great.
Edit: I should probably clarify; it's the first mouse I bought myself, not the first mouse I ever used.

I have one of these, too except it's in a blue 80's crackle pattern.

It also the first mouse I ever purchased, I still use it.
I'm going to be very sad when it dies one day, I don't believe they make them anymore.

Offline wetto

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 14:53:13 »
Well, at least there's the Logitech G400:

The sad thing, is that retarded gamers find it BAD since it looks "UGLY" for nowadays stuff. They'd rather have some Razer Mamba or RAT 5/7 with some crap Philips Twin Eye sensor than something actually good.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Rinsaku

• lorem ipsum
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 23:09:20 »
As a gamer I personally like the Razer Naga, With its 12 programmable buttons as a thumb rest it eases my wasd hand from multitasking with skills on the number row in mmorgs. With its 5600dpi its pretty smooth and great for playing fps games.

Edit: I Also have that crackled blue gaming mouse xD Its still like new!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 23:11:50 by Rinsaku »
Current Boards : Apple m0116 (Salmon Alps), B.Face (Mx Clears), Filco Tkl (Mx Blues), HHKB Pro JP (Topre), Jd45 (78g Zealios), KBParadise v60 (Gateron Yellows), KBParadise v60 (Matias Quiet Click), Kbt Pure (Kailh Bronze), Leopold FC660M (Mx Browns), Minidox (Mod-H), Pok3r (62g Zealios)

Offline wetto

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 23:43:52 »
Would be quite nice if Razer could re-release the Naga without the Philips Twin Eye sensor, and rather with that new one they used on the Taipan and Ouroboros (a modification of the AVAGO 9800)
My collection:
More

Offline cluny

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:36:03 »
I switched from my ball intellimouse to the Logitech MX518(I think that was the model) when I finally found an optical mouse that could perform better. Then I dabbled with the Razer Copperhead(Now that was a mouse) back when Razer was legit. Back to the same Logitech(so good) first laser mouse was a Logi G5(You could say I'm a late adopter).

Right now, I like my Mamba as my productivity mouse for its super low latency wireless but it's really too heavy for playing shooters so my main right now is the Steelseries Sensei RAW.

If, like me, you like the shape of the Logitechs, you can't go wrong with a G5 or G500. Otherwise, I highly recommend the SS Sensei
A mechanical keyboard engages all the senses but smell and taste. Which is why you should always type with a hot coffee at your side. -Shawn Blanc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old & Busted: daskeyboard 3 Pro, Razer Lycosa
New Hotness: Ducky 9087G2 Pro

Offline wetto

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 07:55:06 »
I switched from my ball intellimouse to the Logitech MX518(I think that was the model) when I finally found an optical mouse that could perform better. Then I dabbled with the Razer Copperhead(Now that was a mouse) back when Razer was legit. Back to the same Logitech(so good) first laser mouse was a Logi G5(You could say I'm a late adopter).

Right now, I like my Mamba as my productivity mouse for its super low latency wireless but it's really too heavy for playing shooters so my main right now is the Steelseries Sensei RAW.

If, like me, you like the shape of the Logitechs, you can't go wrong with a G5 or G500. Otherwise, I highly recommend the SS Sensei

Why didn't you get a Logitech G700 then?
My collection:
More

Offline hamza_tm

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 13:35:28 »
Taipan has irremovable cursor smoothing/modifying according to reviews. Razer even managed to mess up the ADNS9800 more than it already is! Great shape on that mouse though

Offline wetto

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 14:34:57 »
Taipan has irremovable cursor smoothing/modifying according to reviews. Razer even managed to mess up the ADNS9800 more than it already is! Great shape on that mouse though

Jesus, is it worse than the Philips Fail Eye?
My collection:
More

Offline hamza_tm

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 14:38:14 »
No not that far gone :)

It just messes with the accuracy, smoothing and strange processing and whatnot.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #316 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 15:06:05 »
Nice variation of favorites here.
at the moment i use logitech g400, and i love it, but i've had my eyes on razer imperator (similar form as on g400) and the razer taipan.
Anyone have experience with these two?

Offline hamza_tm

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 18:19:45 »
I bought a Taipan but it will be at least 2-3 weeks before it arrives at my place. I can let you know then haha

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #318 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 12:24:06 »

Jesus, is it worse than the Philips Fail Eye?

I had a Taipan, too, but IME it went away when I calibrated the mouse to my mousepad. Wasn't a problem for me. But, I don't know... maybe they noticed something I didn't notice.

Also, some of the people I talked to on the overclockers forum said they calibrated their mouse and still had the problem, but I'm thinking they had problems because they adjusted the lift-off distance (since I never adjusted mine, and never had any problems). So, yea... I would suggest calibrating the mouse with your mousepad, and not adjusting the lift-off distance.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 November 2012, 12:33:20 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #319 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 11:45:16 »
Logitech G9X all the way~ Corsair M90 for MMO tho.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline wetto

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 14:17:17 »

Errr? Seriously, do you know how bad the Corsair profiles and macros management software sucks? Individual profiles for each game/app never work and the interface is god damn confusing.

And it's soo bad up to the point of even corrupting the firmware of the mice that use it just by changing the god damn DPI settings, making it look like the mouse is dead and then forcing the user to reinstall the firmware itself to get the mouse back working?

While I may defend the Corsair M60 since it isn't all that dependent of the Corsair software (though I really had to reinstall its firmware hundreds of times until they somewhat "fixed it" by July, six months after I bought the mouse, since then I never opened the interface again), the M90 in the other hand...
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 November 2012, 14:28:46 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline lolkeyboards

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 18:21:53 »
g700 and i regret getting it

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 22:35:19 »

Errr? Seriously, do you know how bad the Corsair profiles and macros management software sucks? Individual profiles for each game/app never work and the interface is god damn confusing.

And it's soo bad up to the point of even corrupting the firmware of the mice that use it just by changing the god damn DPI settings, making it look like the mouse is dead and then forcing the user to reinstall the firmware itself to get the mouse back working?

While I may defend the Corsair M60 since it isn't all that dependent of the Corsair software (though I really had to reinstall its firmware hundreds of times until they somewhat "fixed it" by July, six months after I bought the mouse, since then I never opened the interface again), the M90 in the other hand...

haha i agree. the software is bit screwed up. but i just really like the grip of the M90. I hardly use it since i'm a RTS gamer.
And it sucks that u can't open the mouse T _T

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline wetto

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:16:28 »

haha i agree. the software is bit screwed up. but i just really like the grip of the M90. I hardly use it since i'm a RTS gamer.
And it sucks that u can't open the mouse T _T

Well, maybe the thing I like the most about the Corsair mice is actually how well built they are and the materials used on it. The person who designed these things deserves an award. This is the biggest difference I noticed (besides how its shape was better for me) when I compared it to my old Razer Deathadder:

Although, the ones responsible for its software should be burned alive.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:18:05 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #324 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 03:27:26 »

There was rumour that it is fixed by a new firmware or patch.

My favourite, after owning G500, Salmosa Asia Progaming edition, and Roccat Savu, and had my hand on Sensei, Imperator, DeathAdder, Kinzu, Kana, Recon, M60, Level 10 M, R.A.T. 5, IE 3.0, etc....

My favourite in terms of shape is IE 3.0, but in an overall package with the shape, buttons, drivers/software, materials, my favourite mouse is Savu.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #325 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 03:53:06 »
lol i smell a troll...

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 09:24:32 »
lol i smell a troll...

Yeah, Mike Vick.  ;)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline bear95

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 11:53:29 »
I think bst mice on overclock.net are going to be good.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:06:51 »
I haven't found my perfect mouse yet  :(

Though at the moment I find Razer Naga and CM Storm Xornet to be fairly good, want to try Logitech G9X and CM Storm Recon later.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #329 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:43:47 »
Well... I just got my third G9x. I've purchased and returned a G9x, twice already (thanks to Fry's return policy), and I just keep coming back to the G9x for some reason. I've tried a lot of the other popular mice, like the Deathadder, G700, G400, but... I don't know. Something about the G9x. I just like its low and wide profile - seems to help my performance with games.

Offline wetto

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:11:43 »
Well... I just got my third G9x. I've purchased and returned a G9x, twice already (thanks to Fry's return policy), and I just keep coming back to the G9x for some reason. I've tried a lot of the other popular mice, like the Deathadder, G700, G400, but... I don't know. Something about the G9x. I just like its low and wide profile - seems to help my performance with games.

Claw gamers are like that. I had a Deathadder, G700, G500, but the only one that fitted me was the Corsair M60 and recently I found that the dirt cheap CM Spawn is also perfect.
My collection:
More

Offline brianvoo

• Poisoned
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:54:06 »
SteelSeries Ikari Optical. Wish they did not stop production of the mouse tho, my 2nd one has had double click problems for ages. Middle clicking tabs sometimes opens 5 of the same tabs.

Offline cluny

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 10 November 2012, 05:50:18 »

Why didn't you get a Logitech G700 then?

Bit slow for reply but I just wanted to clarify that I didn't mean that I prefer the Logitech. It is a very fine mouse, and can be had cheaper than the SS Sensei. Also, I can vouch for the Logitech's build quality and life expectancy. However, I believe the Sensei was the right choice for me. I like the shape and buttons better for CS:GO(which I've been playing almost exclusively since it released), and the thick cable cuts down on feedback from the cable to your hand. I got the rubberized version which has been great at keeping away the grime and buildup where, I'm ashamed to admit, I would let my Logitechs get pretty messed up.
     You need a wired mouse for competitive gaming! Even the Mamba which advertises sub-1ms latency on wireless is sub-par. The G700 is fine because it has a wired gaming mode, but personally, I think the battery made it too heavy. Just preference really, I like a light mouse(my sensei is only 90grams)
A mechanical keyboard engages all the senses but smell and taste. Which is why you should always type with a hot coffee at your side. -Shawn Blanc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old & Busted: daskeyboard 3 Pro, Razer Lycosa
New Hotness: Ducky 9087G2 Pro

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:08:01 »
I'm in love with my G9/G9x since the first day I got it.
I was coming from a DeathAdder at the time I believe, and even though the size is clearly different, it feels way better in my hand !
I'm not a high-DPI guy, mostly at 800/1200DPI while gaming, max 1600 if I find myself struggling with too much moves.
Unfortunately, the G9x I bought quite a few months ago tended to bug more than my G9, and finally one of its Omron switches (the right one) is hard to push, more precisely, it has a 2-steps click, which makes it harder to press, and more "errors-friendly". Really not great when gaming ...

I'd definitely buy it again if my G9 was to die :D

Offline smoke070

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 16:45:50 »
Zowie AM, love this thing since I got it. Lightweight, perfect tracking, works amazing with a claw grip. Used to have a DeathAdder, no issues other than it was a bit too big for my hand.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 14 November 2012, 16:52:50 »

I was pretty happy with my Razer Deathadder 3.5 until one of the side buttons caved in, the finish started wearing off, and I realised it all happened barely out of the (1 year) warranty

For 50 bucks that's pretty unimpressive.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline wetto

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 14 November 2012, 20:37:59 »

Though at the moment I find Razer Naga and CM Storm Xornet to be fairly good, want to try Logitech G9X and CM Storm Recon later.

Give a try to the Corsair M60 as well. It's an awful mouse for palm grip, but for claw and fingertip? Damn good.
My collection:
More

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 07:00:15 »
Has anyone mentioned the QPad?

I saw it mentioned here LONG back and was always interested because of it's ergonomics. I finally ordered one and couldn't be happier. It's ergonomics are wonderful and it's very comfortable for large hands.

I got this one:
http://www.qpad.com/products/mice/5K/

Offline wetto

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 07:05:36 »

I saw it mentioned here LONG back and was always interested because of it's ergonomics. I finally ordered one and couldn't be happier. It's ergonomics are wonderful and it's very comfortable for large hands.

I got this one:

Mionix 5200:

I wonder who copied who?  :eek: :confused:

Though, both have a god damn nice design for palm grip!  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2012, 07:07:30 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline rainbowshy

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 12:41:47 »

I got this one:
Yeah, I've been using this for quite a while and it's pretty great IMO. I do find the buttons _slightly_ too easy to click though, kind of annoying.

MX518 is great too, nowhere to put your little finger though :(
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Brown | QPad MK-50 MX Red

Offline Citna

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:47:52 »
My favorite mouse is the Logitech G1. Such a great mouse.
Realforce 87U - HHKB2

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:50:03 »
Went from the Logitech G500, to the g9x, currently using the Performance MX and it is my favorite.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 November 2012, 16:15:44 by Goodfella »
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #342 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 06:16:42 »
If you like the preformance mx try the G700

Offline Johan

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 15:51:48 »
I'm currently using a SS Kana I really like the shape of it, the sensor isn't great but it works. Its lot lighter than my G400, however I think I might need something a tiny bit bigger and a greater sensor, I've only heard good things about the Sensei and Taipan(after configuring the sensor). So after manning up and deciding which computer to buy/build I think I'll check one out.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 27 November 2012, 16:17:08 »
If you like the preformance mx try the G700

I have heard a lot of good things about that mouse as well, hopefully Amazon will put it on sale for a decent price. Picked up the MX for 49 shipped during their last sale, very happy with it.
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline Creizai

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 19:22:54 »
I'm currently using a SS Kana I really like the shape of it, the sensor isn't great but it works. Its lot lighter than my G400, however I think I might need something a tiny bit bigger and a greater sensor, I've only heard good things about the Sensei and Taipan(after configuring the sensor). So after manning up and deciding which computer to buy/build I think I'll check one out.
If you can swing a Zowie mico check it out

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:35:54 »
When I'm playing a MMO I use my Naga Molten Edition and when I'm playing an FPS I use my deathadder.

Offline bace

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 09:18:54 »
I currently use a G500. I've always liked the shape of logitech mouses so I have a hard time using others.
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline Johan

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 11:05:35 »
If you can swing a Zowie mico check it out
I've actually looked at the StarTale edition but I think 1600 DPI is too slow for me.
Uh, stuff.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 13:38:31 »
I have a few Razer Nagas which I will never switch away from. Thumb-pad tenkey is a MUST now. I've tried the Logitech G600 but couldn't come up with a use for the "G-Shift" button since when ever you click that button, all other buttons on the mouse are "re-initialized" meaning if you're holding down the right mouse button and looking around in World of Warcraft, then decide to use the G-Shift button, you are no longer holding down the right mouse button, even if you physically still are. Basically you need to lift off your fingers off ALL the buttons, then re-press the buttons after using G-Shift. Retarded!

Edit;
I also want to mention that the thumb buttons on the Naga are perfectly tuned not to be pressed accidentally. I wrest my thumb smack on the middle of the 5 button usually. That being said, I never switch to a regular mouse... I have one at work and one for home, and won't switch until they come out with a Naga that doesn't have the Z axis problem.... Although the "Z axis problem" seriously doesn't affect me at all... Just have an obsession with perfection. (If you don't know what that problem is, Google it, there will be Youtube videos)
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 December 2012, 16:09:01 by Flip »
i type, therefore i geekhack